Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Xtreme Patience Coli Challenge
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 282 283
Four down, a bajillion more to go! Training Fields: 107 battles Familiar: [item=Death's-Head Stag] Woodland Path: 37 battles Familiar: [item=Autumn Dryad] Scorched Forest: 1 battle! (musta been because I was grinding for chests earlier (two chests and a jackalope!) Familiar: [item=Painted Centaur] Sandswept Delta: 6 battles Familiar: [item=Serthis Alchemist] Welp, I think I can say that after the Training fields, the other venues were a lot nicer to me. :D As for "notable" loot, I just got some leafy packs and common battlestones.
Four down, a bajillion more to go!

Training Fields: 107 battles
Familiar: Death's-Head Stag

Woodland Path: 37 battles
Familiar: Autumn Dryad

Scorched Forest: 1 battle! (musta been because I was grinding for chests earlier (two chests and a jackalope!)
Familiar: Painted Centaur

Sandswept Delta: 6 battles
Familiar: Serthis Alchemist

Welp, I think I can say that after the Training fields, the other venues were a lot nicer to me. :D As for "notable" loot, I just got some leafy packs and common battlestones.
JVhGZl0.png:(tYUWCism.png:(gO9caz9.png
Battles 201-300 of Ollie's Scorched Forest Egg Hunt! [item=glowing ember] x 18 [item=Furnace Queen Chest] x1 (battle 255) [item=Red birdskull wingpiece] x1 (battle 288) 301-400: [item=glowing ember] x28 [item=Lava eater chest] x1 (battle 338) [item=Red-winged owlcat] x1 (battle 396)
Battles 201-300 of Ollie's Scorched Forest Egg Hunt!
Glowing Ember x 18
Furnace Queen Chest x1 (battle 255)
Red Birdskull Wingpiece x1 (battle 288)

301-400:
Glowing Ember x28
Lava Eater Chest x1 (battle 338)
Red-Winged Owlcat x1 (battle 396)
@Olliver I am so stoked you're on the egg part of your challenge! I love the idea of doing a Sweet Loot Update every 100 battles, I think I'm going to kidnap that when it's my turn.

It's a good thing Rainsong is my fave venue because they aren't giving up a familiar without a LOT of fights. I took a break to do things like eat food, get the next piece of Serenade's festival getup, uncross my eyes, and regain feeling in my butt...
@Olliver I am so stoked you're on the egg part of your challenge! I love the idea of doing a Sweet Loot Update every 100 battles, I think I'm going to kidnap that when it's my turn.

It's a good thing Rainsong is my fave venue because they aren't giving up a familiar without a LOT of fights. I took a break to do things like eat food, get the next piece of Serenade's festival getup, uncross my eyes, and regain feeling in my butt...
K7VDc51.png
A life is a journey, a journey is a story, a story is a treasure. (Motto of Clan Troubadour)

*I send and am happy to receive in character PMs!*
tumblr_ntz8d7CUWK1ueyht5o1_100.png
Fun idea! Hopefully by the time I reach the Kelp Beds/Golem Workshop my team in training will have leveled up enough to deal with them. So far: Training Fields, approximately 24 battles. (I got distracted and forgot to make note of a couple, then added them in later so I may be off by one or two in some direction.) [item=Bright Bolt] [item=Emerald Webwing] Edit: Woodland Path: Five whole battles. [item=Strangler]
Fun idea! Hopefully by the time I reach the Kelp Beds/Golem Workshop my team in training will have leveled up enough to deal with them.

So far: Training Fields, approximately 24 battles. (I got distracted and forgot to make note of a couple, then added them in later so I may be off by one or two in some direction.)

Bright Bolt
Emerald Webwing

Edit:

Woodland Path: Five whole battles.

Strangler
@LadyTroubadour I'm stoked too! I've been posting more instead of editing one post bc i want eeeveryone to see this and jump on. It's fun!! I feel pretty lucky that the Scorched Forest was the venue I ended up in, too, since it's awesome for getting festival loot ^0^ I also really like the title "Sweet Loot Update"! noice~ I keep switching sitting positions bc the chair i'm on transfers its pattern onto whatever body part is touching it omO; i suppose Standing Coliseum is also possible, but i'd probably get distracted much more easily pffffft I've finally got it down to a science, too: [i]Sticky. Notes.[/i] The tallies represent Embers. [quote=Sticky Note] 400-500 1-10: || 11-20: ||| 21-30: || 31-40: |||| 41-50: || 51-60: || 61-70: || 71-80: x 81-90: | 91-500: |||| [/quote] [item=glowing ember] x 22 I didn't get any extra neat loot this time, so I didn't include anything else. But it makes it way easier to keep count and move around - I mark the start of a new ten row with a colon so if I get up and come back, I know right away what number I'm on. It's a much better system than I was using to find familiars - I was just counting every battle in my head or out loud until I could move on to the next venue! 501-601: [item=glowing ember] x23
@LadyTroubadour I'm stoked too! I've been posting more instead of editing one post bc i want eeeveryone to see this and jump on. It's fun!! I feel pretty lucky that the Scorched Forest was the venue I ended up in, too, since it's awesome for getting festival loot ^0^ I also really like the title "Sweet Loot Update"! noice~
I keep switching sitting positions bc the chair i'm on transfers its pattern onto whatever body part is touching it omO; i suppose Standing Coliseum is also possible, but i'd probably get distracted much more easily pffffft
I've finally got it down to a science, too: Sticky. Notes. The tallies represent Embers.
Sticky Note wrote:
400-500

1-10: ||
11-20: |||
21-30: ||
31-40: ||||
41-50: ||
51-60: ||
61-70: ||
71-80: x
81-90: |
91-500: ||||

Glowing Ember x 22

I didn't get any extra neat loot this time, so I didn't include anything else. But it makes it way easier to keep count and move around - I mark the start of a new ten row with a colon so if I get up and come back, I know right away what number I'm on. It's a much better system than I was using to find familiars - I was just counting every battle in my head or out loud until I could move on to the next venue!

501-601:
Glowing Ember x23
RAINSONG JUNGLE # of Battles: 170 Familiar: [item=Manticore Screamer] Notable Loot: [item=Ignis Chest] I also got enough Embers that I got the next piece of gear for Serenade and have 24 towards the third of the four goodies! Everybody got to 19 and one of them just hit 20 (meaning the other two are only a few battles from 20). Mostly it was very satisfying but my one gripe is that I loooove the Rainsong familiars and I very much hope to get all of them, I have a bit less than half of them and was so hoping for one I hadn't managed to convince to come home with us yet. But nope, another Screamer! Those guys are chummy, they'll follow anybody home haha. Their cousins are snobbier and harder to convince. Proto Manticoooooore! *shakefist*
RAINSONG JUNGLE

# of Battles: 170

Familiar:
Manticore Screamer

Notable Loot:
Ignis Chest

I also got enough Embers that I got the next piece of gear for Serenade and have 24 towards the third of the four goodies! Everybody got to 19 and one of them just hit 20 (meaning the other two are only a few battles from 20).

Mostly it was very satisfying but my one gripe is that I loooove the Rainsong familiars and I very much hope to get all of them, I have a bit less than half of them and was so hoping for one I hadn't managed to convince to come home with us yet. But nope, another Screamer! Those guys are chummy, they'll follow anybody home haha. Their cousins are snobbier and harder to convince. Proto Manticoooooore! *shakefist*

K7VDc51.png
A life is a journey, a journey is a story, a story is a treasure. (Motto of Clan Troubadour)

@LadyTroubadour

Add onto there you do the same thing with eggs and it becomes maddening.
I'm sorry for even thinking of that.
@LadyTroubadour

Add onto there you do the same thing with eggs and it becomes maddening.
I'm sorry for even thinking of that.
BOREAL WOOD # of Battles: 1 Yes that's right got my familiar on the first one! Haha looks like I'm trawling for eggs here unless another venue ties... not sure yet how I'd tiebreaker, guess I'll cross that bridge if I get to it. Still going to collect a familiar from each before I egg hunt for the sake of completion... plus now I'm familiar-happy lol Familiar: [item=Hoarfrost Mauler] Notable Anything: Nope
BOREAL WOOD

# of Battles: 1
Yes that's right got my familiar on the first one! Haha looks like I'm trawling for eggs here unless another venue ties... not sure yet how I'd tiebreaker, guess I'll cross that bridge if I get to it. Still going to collect a familiar from each before I egg hunt for the sake of completion... plus now I'm familiar-happy lol

Familiar:
Hoarfrost Mauler

Notable Anything: Nope
K7VDc51.png

@Lykos even I am not THAT masochistic! XD
@Lykos even I am not THAT masochistic! XD
K7VDc51.png

@LadyTroubadour

Major kudos to anyone that even attempts that. I've only ever gotten two eggs from the coli (setting aside that I only go in there during festivals) in the two years I've been with FR. One of them is still in my lair (because somehow I manage to hatch non-hideous G1s when I don't need them).
@LadyTroubadour

Major kudos to anyone that even attempts that. I've only ever gotten two eggs from the coli (setting aside that I only go in there during festivals) in the two years I've been with FR. One of them is still in my lair (because somehow I manage to hatch non-hideous G1s when I don't need them).
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 282 283