Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Project 51: Rosalind's Gene Journey
1 2 3 4 5 6
{{ Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }} Rosalind, finally having gotten her claws on another scroll (and, also finally, figuring out how to record her observations without the nimble fingers of a Fae), excitedly readies her next experiment- although her tertiary gene was the most important to her research (allowing her third color to be shown), her next gene was sure to cause an interesting effect! [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c7467f419ca5420bfc4a5ee49a2cd630/tumblr_o2cg8bjXCC1u6zmwpo1_400.png[/img] With another poof, Rosalind examines herself, pleased with the results of the Ripple scroll.
{{ Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }}

Rosalind, finally having gotten her claws on another scroll (and, also finally, figuring out how to record her observations without the nimble fingers of a Fae), excitedly readies her next experiment- although her tertiary gene was the most important to her research (allowing her third color to be shown), her next gene was sure to cause an interesting effect!

tumblr_o2cg8bjXCC1u6zmwpo1_400.png

With another poof, Rosalind examines herself, pleased with the results of the Ripple scroll.

PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
{{ Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }} It’s been some time since Rosalind’s been able to enact another gene change- she’d been busy writing up some of her secondary research; with that published and accounted for, she was finally able to return to her main interest. She took a few samples for later study and then POOF- she activated the scroll, transforming herself once again into a new species. [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/8878927dde8d62a37f4e94ee3baa4709/tumblr_o2cghlprAF1u6zmwpo1_400.png[/img] She immediately noticed just how strongly all of the smells around the Swamp were to her; all of the plants, creatures, and the dragons were new, but incredibly familiar all at once. However, she also could sense her memory slipping, and figures that she should probably not stay as a Tundra for too long, lest she forget what she’s meaning to study altogether.
{{ Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon }}

It’s been some time since Rosalind’s been able to enact another gene change- she’d been busy writing up some of her secondary research; with that published and accounted for, she was finally able to return to her main interest. She took a few samples for later study and then POOF- she activated the scroll, transforming herself once again into a new species.

tumblr_o2cghlprAF1u6zmwpo1_400.png

She immediately noticed just how strongly all of the smells around the Swamp were to her; all of the plants, creatures, and the dragons were new, but incredibly familiar all at once. However, she also could sense her memory slipping, and figures that she should probably not stay as a Tundra for too long, lest she forget what she’s meaning to study altogether.
Excited about being able to get back to her main research, Rosalind reaches into her pack and produces a second Tricolor Scatterscroll! She doesn't waste much time at all- POOF, and her colors have changed again! Silver/Navy/Leaf is certainly an interesting combo! [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/4ec334fdde8ffb5117c41672160173cf/tumblr_o2nlmzTOy41u6zmwpo1_250.png[/img] She looked over her new collection of color, shuffling her bag off her shoulder so that she could see past the fur of her wings. And, oh- what's this? [item=Breed Change: Mirror] She doesn't remember buying this... but it smells familiar. It takes her a moment, but she recognizes the scent over the smells that came from it being in her bag. Tesla (her fellow scientist, and also her girlfriend) must have gotten it for her. She's probably getting tired of Ros forgetting basic scientific principles and sniffing all of Tesla's tools. [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/10dc62324f9b81b7ed50e85323fbd5b9/tumblr_o2nlmzTOy41u6zmwpo2_250.png[/img] with a POOF, Rosalind transforms again. Her senses have heightened- other than her sense of smell- and she can't help but feel relieved of all the fur. She's happy to be back to having scales, considering she lives in the swamp. She's definitely got a lot of data to look at, now! Bubbling with excitement, she returns to work. @Noivurn
Excited about being able to get back to her main research, Rosalind reaches into her pack and produces a second Tricolor Scatterscroll! She doesn't waste much time at all- POOF, and her colors have changed again! Silver/Navy/Leaf is certainly an interesting combo!

tumblr_o2nlmzTOy41u6zmwpo1_250.png

She looked over her new collection of color, shuffling her bag off her shoulder so that she could see past the fur of her wings.

And, oh- what's this?

Breed Change: Mirror

She doesn't remember buying this... but it smells familiar. It takes her a moment, but she recognizes the scent over the smells that came from it being in her bag. Tesla (her fellow scientist, and also her girlfriend) must have gotten it for her. She's probably getting tired of Ros forgetting basic scientific principles and sniffing all of Tesla's tools.

tumblr_o2nlmzTOy41u6zmwpo2_250.png

with a POOF, Rosalind transforms again. Her senses have heightened- other than her sense of smell- and she can't help but feel relieved of all the fur. She's happy to be back to having scales, considering she lives in the swamp.

She's definitely got a lot of data to look at, now! Bubbling with excitement, she returns to work.

@Noivurn
{{ Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon (if you guys are no longer interested let me know and I can take you off the list!}}
{{ Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon (if you guys are no longer interested let me know and I can take you off the list!}}
@Noivurn

I'm still interested don't worry! :)
@Noivurn

I'm still interested don't worry! :)
YTZOoX4.png
I'm trying to get Rosalind a Wildclaw scroll before they cycle back into the marketplace/inflate again, so I'm holding a raffle, linked below!

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1798573

I really appreciate any help with raising up the gems for this! Any tickets purchased for this raffle will also be eligible for future raffles that are held for Rosalind's gene project!

Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon
I'm trying to get Rosalind a Wildclaw scroll before they cycle back into the marketplace/inflate again, so I'm holding a raffle, linked below!

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1798573

I really appreciate any help with raising up the gems for this! Any tickets purchased for this raffle will also be eligible for future raffles that are held for Rosalind's gene project!

Pinging: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon
@Noivrun Can you add me to the pinglist? This looks so interesting!
@Noivrun Can you add me to the pinglist? This looks so interesting!
MIaB7gw.png
@Noivurn

I just found this (through your post in the dragon theme for the week) and would love to be on your ping list to see all of her changes.
@Noivurn

I just found this (through your post in the dragon theme for the week) and would love to be on your ping list to see all of her changes.
tumblr_inline_nmpzdtnOyw1t6xkgm_500.png
The ping list has been updated! Thank you for your interest. c:
The ping list has been updated! Thank you for your interest. c:
Suddenly, dragons all across Sornieth were hatching with new colors- more colors than any dragon had ever seen before. Some thought it the work of the dieties, and others, more fearful, thought it was a "gift" from the Shade- an omen that it still remains powerful and on the edges of dragon civilization. Rosalind, however, knew that guesses and murmuring would never get to the bottom of the sudden spring of new colors- to figure out their origin, science was the only way. So, she doesn't waste any time procuring another Scatterscroll, far too excited to wait until she'd done any preliminary research. She closed her eyes and opened the scroll, and- [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/53e2e344ae5318e6dea2c7c2a2250015/tumblr_inline_o8gio9CFEf1rooplh_540.png[/img] Denim/White/Sky... a rather pretty combination, but she was horribly disappointed; none of these colors were new at all. This wouldn't help her nearly as much with her research... perhaps she'll have to scrounge up the funds to buy herself another Scatterscroll or two. {{ Ping list: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon | @tahwarts | @haikwoshevo }}
Suddenly, dragons all across Sornieth were hatching with new colors- more colors than any dragon had ever seen before. Some thought it the work of the dieties, and others, more fearful, thought it was a "gift" from the Shade- an omen that it still remains powerful and on the edges of dragon civilization.

Rosalind, however, knew that guesses and murmuring would never get to the bottom of the sudden spring of new colors- to figure out their origin, science was the only way.

So, she doesn't waste any time procuring another Scatterscroll, far too excited to wait until she'd done any preliminary research.

She closed her eyes and opened the scroll, and-

tumblr_inline_o8gio9CFEf1rooplh_540.png

Denim/White/Sky... a rather pretty combination, but she was horribly disappointed; none of these colors were new at all. This wouldn't help her nearly as much with her research... perhaps she'll have to scrounge up the funds to buy herself another Scatterscroll or two.

{{ Ping list: @Zyll | @Kionani | @Fletchinder | @LittlestDragon | @tahwarts | @haikwoshevo }}
1 2 3 4 5 6