Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose-change scrolls
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 149 150
@DragonSage

Thanks for the explanations.

I was only thinking of the Pose change as aesthetic anyway.

I think I'm just stuck seeing them (gender/pose change) as mostly the same thing, just with different names. That's fine. If it's ever implemented, there's no saying I wouldn't use one (I do have gender preferences too), but it'd just be one more scroll that took the breeding aspect out of getting the perfect dragon. Aesthetics is a big part of this game.

I guess I just see this turning this game into every other pet game where you just "paint" your projects into existence. That's fine. I had fun on the one near complete overhaul I did on one of my dragons (only thing I didn't use was a scatter scroll).

I guess I'd be 100% on board if they kept the dimorphic traits. I mean, the devs and artists worked to think them up and bring them to life. It's a shame to just go,"Whelp, they don't matter anyway" but that would involve more art, which people are generally against.
@DragonSage

Thanks for the explanations.

I was only thinking of the Pose change as aesthetic anyway.

I think I'm just stuck seeing them (gender/pose change) as mostly the same thing, just with different names. That's fine. If it's ever implemented, there's no saying I wouldn't use one (I do have gender preferences too), but it'd just be one more scroll that took the breeding aspect out of getting the perfect dragon. Aesthetics is a big part of this game.

I guess I just see this turning this game into every other pet game where you just "paint" your projects into existence. That's fine. I had fun on the one near complete overhaul I did on one of my dragons (only thing I didn't use was a scatter scroll).

I guess I'd be 100% on board if they kept the dimorphic traits. I mean, the devs and artists worked to think them up and bring them to life. It's a shame to just go,"Whelp, they don't matter anyway" but that would involve more art, which people are generally against.
2qkpb88.jpg
[quote name="Zakiaya" date=2015-11-11 10:35:37] I guess I'd be 100% on board if they kept the dimorphic traits. I mean, the devs and artists worked to think them up and bring them to life. It's a shame to just go,"Whelp, they don't matter anyway" but that would involve more art, which people are generally against. [/quote] The problem is, some of the things people might not like are those dimorphic traits. I REALLY don't like the male ridgeback nose (unfortunately I am not that much fonder of the female ridgeback face) so if I turned my male ridgeback to using the female pose, I would be doing so specifically to get rid of the nose. Also, that wouldn't be fair to introduce a third pose (or fourth) to give the 'alternate pose' the dimorphic traits of the pose you don't want because not all dragons HAVE true dimorphic traits. I think that I saw a thread a while ago that was explaining that some of what people have taken to be dimorphic traits are actually simply a difference in poses, or like, the Admins have said, the coatl crest is present in both poses, just in a different position since Coatls have great control over them (or something like that, someone asked about the crest on I think the female and the Admins replied that both have them just one it is in a 'down' position and thus isn't seen in the artwork that well) That would mean that either only some of the breeds would get new artwork for the pose change while others didn't, or the artist would have to think up dimorphic traits simply to GIVE to the new poses. Also people have already said that in some cases perhaps the dragons could either grow those traits (like a tundras mane which I think the male has, but female doesn't) due to various reasons (a female having more of whatever hormone makes the mane grow on the male etc...) or they find ways to give themselves those traits. I think the biggest concerns would be between the ridgebacks. Their faces are pretty different, and the nose is a prominent feature. It would be somewhat difficult to explain why a female all of a sudden has a nose, while a male loses their nose. BUT it could be done.
Zakiaya wrote on 2015-11-11:

The problem is, some of the things people might not like are those dimorphic traits. I REALLY don't like the male ridgeback nose (unfortunately I am not that much fonder of the female ridgeback face) so if I turned my male ridgeback to using the female pose, I would be doing so specifically to get rid of the nose.

Also, that wouldn't be fair to introduce a third pose (or fourth) to give the 'alternate pose' the dimorphic traits of the pose you don't want because not all dragons HAVE true dimorphic traits. I think that I saw a thread a while ago that was explaining that some of what people have taken to be dimorphic traits are actually simply a difference in poses, or like, the Admins have said, the coatl crest is present in both poses, just in a different position since Coatls have great control over them (or something like that, someone asked about the crest on I think the female and the Admins replied that both have them just one it is in a 'down' position and thus isn't seen in the artwork that well)

That would mean that either only some of the breeds would get new artwork for the pose change while others didn't, or the artist would have to think up dimorphic traits simply to GIVE to the new poses.

Also people have already said that in some cases perhaps the dragons could either grow those traits (like a tundras mane which I think the male has, but female doesn't) due to various reasons (a female having more of whatever hormone makes the mane grow on the male etc...) or they find ways to give themselves those traits.

I think the biggest concerns would be between the ridgebacks. Their faces are pretty different, and the nose is a prominent feature. It would be somewhat difficult to explain why a female all of a sudden has a nose, while a male loses their nose. BUT it could be done.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Adding on to a point I made a little while ago, this would kinda ruin the point of having different images for different sexes anyway.
If people want trans dragons, they can write it in the dragons lore/bio.
Adding on to a point I made a little while ago, this would kinda ruin the point of having different images for different sexes anyway.
If people want trans dragons, they can write it in the dragons lore/bio.
Tn4aWhc.png
@DinoGril500

This isn't about Trans dragon, at least for many I have seen post. This is, for many, like me, about the fact we don't like the poses for certain sexes. Sure, it would make it so someone could have visible trans dragons, but that isn't the only reason for it.

As for ruin the point of having different sexes, not really. There would still be a need for them when they are sold, as the only way I would support this suggestion is if the dragons were account locked. This would simply be an aesthetic change to someone's dragon in their own lair.
@DinoGril500

This isn't about Trans dragon, at least for many I have seen post. This is, for many, like me, about the fact we don't like the poses for certain sexes. Sure, it would make it so someone could have visible trans dragons, but that isn't the only reason for it.

As for ruin the point of having different sexes, not really. There would still be a need for them when they are sold, as the only way I would support this suggestion is if the dragons were account locked. This would simply be an aesthetic change to someone's dragon in their own lair.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
no support. doesn't this defeat the purpose of having pictures for different pictures for different sexes tho? basically, everything that these guys said: [quote = Greyjoy]No support. I see where you're coming from, but no. FR is a breeding sim first and foremost. Sure, so there are user-controlled RP elements, but coding new stuff around RP elements such as this is a waste of time that could be better spent working on games, new content and fixing endless bugs.[/quote] [quote=Meonox]Agreed. This is a waste of man hours. It doesn't functionally change the game in any way to change the gender appearance of your dragon. I personally don't see the point, Period. But then again, that's just me. But I do know, as someone who's worked on code, and worked on design for a game. That this - will be nothing but a headache and ultimately not worth the work that goes into it. Even if the 'art' is already there. Its not that simple. You can't go in and tell the code 'this does this'. This suggestion only benefits a select category of player. Where as some of the other suggestions, Apparel Previewer, Genes, Dragons, An Exalt list, these provide more to the community as a whole. And I personally would rather the game developers time be spent on overall game play than something that's so specific some people will never use it.[/quote] [quote=Plenilune]No support when you can simply just write in the lore????? I don't understand why there would be a need to change the pose based on the dragon being gay or trans. I also definitely hate the idea that they be unsellable or exaltable because people already hate that permanent hatchlings are so they probably will for this too[/quote] [quote=Warflier]No support, simply because the genders are meant to be clearly defined by the pose, and for good reason given the emphasis the game has on breeding. Whatever abnormalities one wishes to implement in lore, I think there are probably enough people who enjoy reading lore entires that they'd still know what a person intends for their dragon.[/quote] [quote=Onyxz]I can't support this. If someone were to apply a Pose change scrolls then sell the dragon the new owner would then be forced to apply another one to return the dragon to it's natural pose. Also someone may make a purchase thinking they are getting one gender but end up buying the opposite gender because they were focusing on the pose rather than the gender symbols. The poses of the dragons were intended to be a way to identify the gender of the dragon. If it weren't why would the artists have done two different poses to begin with. It would have been much easier to do each dragon in a single post then maybe just flip the pose over to differentiate between male and female. They would in essence be mirror images of each other. The Artists chose to make them different. If I was fighting in the Coliseum and I had a Male dragon posed as a Female and it got knocked out it would be male image of the death because the dragon is male. There is a lot more to this than just changing the artwork poses.[/quote] this aint really necessary to the gameplay or anything and it doesn't benefit the community as a whole also, it'd be a whole lot of unnecessary work for the art team cuz of the gender dimorphisms. say for example, tundra dragons, if you made a male pose as a female and he had the same mane, then some apparel would have to be edited to fit around the mane, same could go ridgebacks
no support.

doesn't this defeat the purpose of having pictures for different pictures for different sexes tho?

basically, everything that these guys said:
Greyjoy wrote:
No support.

I see where you're coming from, but no.

FR is a breeding sim first and foremost. Sure, so there are user-controlled RP elements, but coding new stuff around RP elements such as this is a waste of time that could be better spent working on games, new content and fixing endless bugs.
Meonox wrote:
Agreed. This is a waste of man hours.

It doesn't functionally change the game in any way to change the gender appearance of your dragon.

I personally don't see the point, Period. But then again, that's just me. But I do know, as someone who's worked on code, and worked on design for a game. That this - will be nothing but a headache and ultimately not worth the work that goes into it. Even if the 'art' is already there. Its not that simple. You can't go in and tell the code 'this does this'.

This suggestion only benefits a select category of player. Where as some of the other suggestions, Apparel Previewer, Genes, Dragons, An Exalt list, these provide more to the community as a whole. And I personally would rather the game developers time be spent on overall game play than something that's so specific some people will never use it.
Plenilune wrote:
No support when you can simply just write in the lore????? I don't understand why there would be a need to change the pose based on the dragon being gay or trans. I also definitely hate the idea that they be unsellable or exaltable because people already hate that permanent hatchlings are so they probably will for this too
Warflier wrote:
No support, simply because the genders are meant to be clearly defined by the pose, and for good reason given the emphasis the game has on breeding. Whatever abnormalities one wishes to implement in lore, I think there are probably enough people who enjoy reading lore entires that they'd still know what a person intends for their dragon.
Onyxz wrote:
I can't support this.

If someone were to apply a Pose change scrolls then sell the dragon the new owner would then be forced to apply another one to return the dragon to it's natural pose. Also someone may make a purchase thinking they are getting one gender but end up buying the opposite gender because they were focusing on the pose rather than the gender symbols.

The poses of the dragons were intended to be a way to identify the gender of the dragon. If it weren't why would the artists have done two different poses to begin with. It would have been much easier to do each dragon in a single post then maybe just flip the pose over to differentiate between male and female. They would in essence be mirror images of each other. The Artists chose to make them different.

If I was fighting in the Coliseum and I had a Male dragon posed as a Female and it got knocked out it would be male image of the death because the dragon is male. There is a lot more to this than just changing the artwork poses.

this aint really necessary to the gameplay or anything and it doesn't benefit the community as a whole
also, it'd be a whole lot of unnecessary work for the art team cuz of the gender dimorphisms. say for example, tundra dragons, if you made a male pose as a female and he had the same mane, then some apparel would have to be edited to fit around the mane, same could go ridgebacks
jtQ03qQ.png
@SilverFangLegend

I already Answered Meonox in that it might not be as much trouble as that, plus every feature that comes along isn't going to be universally used, and indeed many won't be used by many people (how many people have Eternal Youth babies? I know a lot do, but a lot don't)

This isn't just about lore or trans or whatever, it is also about people who like one artwork, dimorphisms and all, over the other. As I have said, I REALLY dislike the male tundra pose, but like the female tundra pose in some colors.

There wouldn't BE any extra artwork, because that isn't what this is about. This isn't about dimorphisms (especially as not all dragons have true ones) this is simply about switching a male pose for a female and vice versa. Period, no putting a male ridgeback into a female pose complete with male nose, it would simply be a male ridgeback showing a female RB pose.

That would also mean no editing of apparel, as the apparel is already fit around the opposite pose.

As for the coliseum, a while back I did a test, might have to do it again, but from what I can see? there is no separate dragon death/unconscious image for the different sexes. A male guardian uses the same pose as a Female. As I said though, I would have to check again.

And again, who cares about benefiting the community at a whole? No idea will do that. The Apparel previewer only benefits those that buy a lot of apparel. There are many people who don't buy apparel because their lore doesn't have their dragons wearing clothing, others just buy apparel without even previewing it. Exalt lists only benefit those that exalt, which isn't everyone. Dragon breeds/genes again aren't used by everyone. I don't have a Snapper in my lair and never will. I also don't have hypnotic gene, and I understand there are a great many others out there that don't have it either. So it didn't benefit everyone there.

Okay, in my coliseum, I just took my WC (level 25 so the battle lasted long enough to tell.) and a male and female ridgeback. Both ridgebacks were level 4, and they both died. AND they both used the same 'dead/unconscious' pose, which looked like a male ridgeback (had a long nose) Guardians use the same image as well. I would check others, but based upon those two, I would say all others probably use the same image as well.

Also, it was also a condition of it that the dragons cannot be sold. Traded is a bit of a iffy for me at least. Which means no new owners. No confusion on the AH, no scamming on the AH, no new owners needing to buy a pose change scroll to get back the natural artwork.

As for people disliking they are unsellable? Just don't use the scroll then. This literally won't truly affect anyone except the person who uses the scroll. When a person wants to sell the dragon, then they would have to buy a scroll to change it back (or if it was just a check mark type thing, it could automatically be cleared when the dragon is placed upon the AH or when the dragon leaves the lair)

It wouldn't really defeat the purpose of having different poses for the different sexes, because they would still be there. When you look on the AH, you would still see the correct pose. This is simply an aesthetic change like the EY babies for those that HAVE found their perfect dragon, but simply don't like the pose of the sex. It isn't anything to do with breeding as the dragon would still only be able to breed with the same sex it was always able to.
@SilverFangLegend

I already Answered Meonox in that it might not be as much trouble as that, plus every feature that comes along isn't going to be universally used, and indeed many won't be used by many people (how many people have Eternal Youth babies? I know a lot do, but a lot don't)

This isn't just about lore or trans or whatever, it is also about people who like one artwork, dimorphisms and all, over the other. As I have said, I REALLY dislike the male tundra pose, but like the female tundra pose in some colors.

There wouldn't BE any extra artwork, because that isn't what this is about. This isn't about dimorphisms (especially as not all dragons have true ones) this is simply about switching a male pose for a female and vice versa. Period, no putting a male ridgeback into a female pose complete with male nose, it would simply be a male ridgeback showing a female RB pose.

That would also mean no editing of apparel, as the apparel is already fit around the opposite pose.

As for the coliseum, a while back I did a test, might have to do it again, but from what I can see? there is no separate dragon death/unconscious image for the different sexes. A male guardian uses the same pose as a Female. As I said though, I would have to check again.

And again, who cares about benefiting the community at a whole? No idea will do that. The Apparel previewer only benefits those that buy a lot of apparel. There are many people who don't buy apparel because their lore doesn't have their dragons wearing clothing, others just buy apparel without even previewing it. Exalt lists only benefit those that exalt, which isn't everyone. Dragon breeds/genes again aren't used by everyone. I don't have a Snapper in my lair and never will. I also don't have hypnotic gene, and I understand there are a great many others out there that don't have it either. So it didn't benefit everyone there.

Okay, in my coliseum, I just took my WC (level 25 so the battle lasted long enough to tell.) and a male and female ridgeback. Both ridgebacks were level 4, and they both died. AND they both used the same 'dead/unconscious' pose, which looked like a male ridgeback (had a long nose) Guardians use the same image as well. I would check others, but based upon those two, I would say all others probably use the same image as well.

Also, it was also a condition of it that the dragons cannot be sold. Traded is a bit of a iffy for me at least. Which means no new owners. No confusion on the AH, no scamming on the AH, no new owners needing to buy a pose change scroll to get back the natural artwork.

As for people disliking they are unsellable? Just don't use the scroll then. This literally won't truly affect anyone except the person who uses the scroll. When a person wants to sell the dragon, then they would have to buy a scroll to change it back (or if it was just a check mark type thing, it could automatically be cleared when the dragon is placed upon the AH or when the dragon leaves the lair)

It wouldn't really defeat the purpose of having different poses for the different sexes, because they would still be there. When you look on the AH, you would still see the correct pose. This is simply an aesthetic change like the EY babies for those that HAVE found their perfect dragon, but simply don't like the pose of the sex. It isn't anything to do with breeding as the dragon would still only be able to breed with the same sex it was always able to.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I would love this because I've had pairs of different breeds of dragons, and they end up facing away from each other and its rather annoying when they're facing the same or opposite directions. This scroll wouldn't change the gender of the dragon, just the way that they were posed. I like it
I would love this because I've had pairs of different breeds of dragons, and they end up facing away from each other and its rather annoying when they're facing the same or opposite directions. This scroll wouldn't change the gender of the dragon, just the way that they were posed. I like it
I support a pose change for many of the reasons listed and I may have already commented in here but I find it an excellent compromise for those who want a Gender Change. This allows for a change in appearance for whatever reason but still requires M-F breeding. I hate male RB and Love female. I would love to have the option to change pose. Most of my trans, enby and other LGBTQ dragons of all kinds have it in their bio but I would love to be able to reflect it in their image.

I agree with 99.99% of what Jemadar said.
I support a pose change for many of the reasons listed and I may have already commented in here but I find it an excellent compromise for those who want a Gender Change. This allows for a change in appearance for whatever reason but still requires M-F breeding. I hate male RB and Love female. I would love to have the option to change pose. Most of my trans, enby and other LGBTQ dragons of all kinds have it in their bio but I would love to be able to reflect it in their image.

I agree with 99.99% of what Jemadar said.
Stuff will one day go here.
Hey all - Just a head's up: A number of posts have been removed from this thread in accordance with the update to our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=62][b]Suggestions Forum Policy[/b][/url]: [quote][b]The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:[/b] [LIST] [*]“Support” [*]“No support” [*]Quoting another post [*]Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support” [/LIST][/quote] Thank you!
Hey all -

Just a head's up: A number of posts have been removed from this thread in accordance with the update to our Suggestions Forum Policy:

Quote:
The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • “Support”
  • “No support”
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support”

Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Jemadar
hm, i get what you're saying, but i still can't bring myself to support this idea. if you don't like the image of a certain dragons gender then don't buy it. I don't like male wildclaws or female imperials, so that's why i haven't got any.
@Jemadar
hm, i get what you're saying, but i still can't bring myself to support this idea. if you don't like the image of a certain dragons gender then don't buy it. I don't like male wildclaws or female imperials, so that's why i haven't got any.
jtQ03qQ.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 149 150