Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | new here
1 2
hi I’m new here and was just wondering if any of y’all had any tips or pointers for me, or if there’s anything you wish you’d have known when you first started flight rising.

thank you in advance..
hi I’m new here and was just wondering if any of y’all had any tips or pointers for me, or if there’s anything you wish you’d have known when you first started flight rising.

thank you in advance..
@Eikpynir Learn what dragons are considered expensive! In the raffles and giveaways section of the forums there are some free hatcheries that give out free dragons that are very beautiful. If you find a
Dragon that would have good babies with the first dragon, breed them and sell the babies! Also try and max out your lucky streak in the fairgrounds. I suggest playing glimmer and gloom. There are guides to help you win every time. Get your items from Pinkerton. In the trading post, Pinkerton will give you one free item a day.
Unless your dragons are hungry, use your gathering turns on scavenging! You can find rarer items like unhatched dragon eggs. Also, try out the coliseum. It’s very slow leveling your dragons, but you can get great items from it! If you like, I can level some of your dragons for free?
@Eikpynir Learn what dragons are considered expensive! In the raffles and giveaways section of the forums there are some free hatcheries that give out free dragons that are very beautiful. If you find a
Dragon that would have good babies with the first dragon, breed them and sell the babies! Also try and max out your lucky streak in the fairgrounds. I suggest playing glimmer and gloom. There are guides to help you win every time. Get your items from Pinkerton. In the trading post, Pinkerton will give you one free item a day.
Unless your dragons are hungry, use your gathering turns on scavenging! You can find rarer items like unhatched dragon eggs. Also, try out the coliseum. It’s very slow leveling your dragons, but you can get great items from it! If you like, I can level some of your dragons for free?
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
@Eikpyrnir

there's a few guides linked in my signature that I wish i'd had when i started 4 years ago.

and as for tips that isn't really covered in them, Crim's Collection Cart is good for new players to get a small boost to daily treasure, but beware any trades she offers over 500t, you can often sell most those items for much Higher on the Auction House.

and if there's a festival happening (like it is this week), use your gathering turns in the same element to get festival currency you can use in the Festival Favors Shop.

@Eikpyrnir

there's a few guides linked in my signature that I wish i'd had when i started 4 years ago.

and as for tips that isn't really covered in them, Crim's Collection Cart is good for new players to get a small boost to daily treasure, but beware any trades she offers over 500t, you can often sell most those items for much Higher on the Auction House.

and if there's a festival happening (like it is this week), use your gathering turns in the same element to get festival currency you can use in the Festival Favors Shop.

Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
@NovaBlu
Thank you so much for the advice, I greatly appreciate it! As for the dragon levelling I’d love to take you up on that offer once I obtain a third dragon, I’ve noticed there are some dragons without parents or children and it makes me think they’re lonely so I’m looking for ones like that and when I do I’d love your help with levelling!

@Anourou
Thank you too! I appreciate the help a lot! I’ll definitely be looking through the links in your signature. Again I really appreciate the help!
@NovaBlu
Thank you so much for the advice, I greatly appreciate it! As for the dragon levelling I’d love to take you up on that offer once I obtain a third dragon, I’ve noticed there are some dragons without parents or children and it makes me think they’re lonely so I’m looking for ones like that and when I do I’d love your help with levelling!

@Anourou
Thank you too! I appreciate the help a lot! I’ll definitely be looking through the links in your signature. Again I really appreciate the help!
@Eikpyrnir

Welcome to Flight Rising! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! c:

I suggest click that little grey and red stone in the bottom right. It's called the which-way stone, and it gives to tip and things to do on this site! Good luck! If any other questions, feel free to ask me; I'm happy to help. ;)
@Eikpyrnir

Welcome to Flight Rising! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! c:

I suggest click that little grey and red stone in the bottom right. It's called the which-way stone, and it gives to tip and things to do on this site! Good luck! If any other questions, feel free to ask me; I'm happy to help. ;)
xPlkKnY.png
@Eikpyrnir

Seconding Glimmer and Gloom as a good source for treasure, there are multiple good guides for it with them you can max fairgrounds in a half an hour.

Don't get too many dragons at once, lair space prices go up exponentially and getting food can be difficult at the beginning. Also, don't assume your dragons are going to sell: lair space is very limited so only fodder (dragons meant for exalting) sells reliably.

Any dragons you buy or get for free are yours, the last owner has no say over what you do with them. Many try to give dragons to newbies with rules like "no exalting", but any kind of rules (with or without "please") are considered harassment in the rules and should be reported.

For festivals, Dig if you can since that can give you festival chests, get currency from Baldwin, and farm at coliseum. Here's a permanent guide for where to best get currency.

On Coliseum, it's actually fast to train your dragons! It just takes the right build. At the moment glass cannons (all strength and speed, can't take a hit) are more of less the only way to go. Sedona build is a good way to start, it's not as efficient as Eliminate-based builds but unlike those it's affordable to new players.

It can take some time and funds to get a trainer, but once that's done exalting lv5-7 dragons is easily one of the best ways to get money. However, training and farming at Coliseum is boring so I recommend splitscreening and watching or listening something at the same time.

Check your Flight forums: there's usually information, giveaways and other help for new players, including cheap/free trainer dragons for renting.
@Eikpyrnir

Seconding Glimmer and Gloom as a good source for treasure, there are multiple good guides for it with them you can max fairgrounds in a half an hour.

Don't get too many dragons at once, lair space prices go up exponentially and getting food can be difficult at the beginning. Also, don't assume your dragons are going to sell: lair space is very limited so only fodder (dragons meant for exalting) sells reliably.

Any dragons you buy or get for free are yours, the last owner has no say over what you do with them. Many try to give dragons to newbies with rules like "no exalting", but any kind of rules (with or without "please") are considered harassment in the rules and should be reported.

For festivals, Dig if you can since that can give you festival chests, get currency from Baldwin, and farm at coliseum. Here's a permanent guide for where to best get currency.

On Coliseum, it's actually fast to train your dragons! It just takes the right build. At the moment glass cannons (all strength and speed, can't take a hit) are more of less the only way to go. Sedona build is a good way to start, it's not as efficient as Eliminate-based builds but unlike those it's affordable to new players.

It can take some time and funds to get a trainer, but once that's done exalting lv5-7 dragons is easily one of the best ways to get money. However, training and farming at Coliseum is boring so I recommend splitscreening and watching or listening something at the same time.

Check your Flight forums: there's usually information, giveaways and other help for new players, including cheap/free trainer dragons for renting.
hWsjkHE.png
@Wait
Thank you!! Ahh I didn’t even know that button existed, thank you again! I’ll certainly message if I have any questions!

@Elaendorlien
I’ll certainly have to look up some guides as I honestly struggled to understand how to do well aha, as for dragons I only have three and I definitely want to make sure they’re fed so I’m cautious about taking in a lot of dragons at once. I appreciate the advice with everything! Especially with the previous owners rules, while I’d feel guilty going against their “rules” it’s nice to know I’m I’m the right if I were to ever exalt or anything against their terms. That’s really useful to know. The festival chests sound good! I’ll have to dig tomorrow when my energy resets! I thought the coliseum seemed daunting but it’s nice to know there’s guides out there to help, again I appreciate all the info and advice!!
@Wait
Thank you!! Ahh I didn’t even know that button existed, thank you again! I’ll certainly message if I have any questions!

@Elaendorlien
I’ll certainly have to look up some guides as I honestly struggled to understand how to do well aha, as for dragons I only have three and I definitely want to make sure they’re fed so I’m cautious about taking in a lot of dragons at once. I appreciate the advice with everything! Especially with the previous owners rules, while I’d feel guilty going against their “rules” it’s nice to know I’m I’m the right if I were to ever exalt or anything against their terms. That’s really useful to know. The festival chests sound good! I’ll have to dig tomorrow when my energy resets! I thought the coliseum seemed daunting but it’s nice to know there’s guides out there to help, again I appreciate all the info and advice!!
@Eikpyrnir
Welcome! If you are looking for any dragons to add to your lair, I have a few babies in my auctions! :3

http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45489479
@Eikpyrnir
Welcome! If you are looking for any dragons to add to your lair, I have a few babies in my auctions! :3

http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45489479
@ShadowKitten
Thank you so much for the offer!
@ShadowKitten
Thank you so much for the offer!
@Eikpyrnir

WELCOME TO FR AND TO ICE!!!! I'm a fellow icicle myself!
If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :D You can also check out my hatchery, just click the little owl at the bottom of this post, and I can send you a free dragon!!!! Any of them on that page are in the AH ( Auction House ) and if you would like I will send you one.

Also, if you look in the forums, there are Ice only forums as well. VERY helpful.
@Eikpyrnir

WELCOME TO FR AND TO ICE!!!! I'm a fellow icicle myself!
If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :D You can also check out my hatchery, just click the little owl at the bottom of this post, and I can send you a free dragon!!!! Any of them on that page are in the AH ( Auction House ) and if you would like I will send you one.

Also, if you look in the forums, there are Ice only forums as well. VERY helpful.
bAMdmKk.png
1 2