Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Let's Talk about Forgotten Websites
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
Millsberry omg. That was my jam. I miss it. Oh the nostalgia. T.T
Millsberry omg. That was my jam. I miss it. Oh the nostalgia. T.T
It wasn't a flash game deal like everyone has mentioned so far, but there was a site I used to visit that was called, like, TeamRocketRockin or something like that. It was made to have information on glitches and cheats for Pokemon Gen 1-2 and had bits of info on Gen 3 (namely Bad Egg). The one thing I remembered the most is that there was a spot full of obviously fake glitches/'in game cheats' such as PokeGods, the story of 'making a fried Celebi Egg', or even 'Going to the bathroom in the SS Anne'. The site also housed a fanfiction made by the creator of the site, which told the story of MissingNo. and 'M, failed Team Rocket experiments during the creation of Mewtwo, and how a trainer, a hacker, and a Team Rocket grunt (who had Articuno of all Pokemon) had to stop them by creating another failed Mewtwo experiment- had mixtures of Mew, Entei, and Meowth (called Myall)- to defeat the glitch Pokemon. I used to visit the site a lot during middle and early highschool, but around the early 2010s the creator decided to take the site and turn it into her cosplay portfolio site, and now it seemingly doesn't exist at all anymore. Good times.. if only I had some way to save those bizarre fake stories cause some of them were good in a cringy way. (such as the time someone started a pokegod rumor in their school, of a creature called Cheese that was only accessible by cheat device, by setting in the encounter number at '999999999999999999999' instead of something valid) [img]http://catfish.it.cx/trsrockin/trsrockin.com/images/newmyall_lab.jpg[/img] :u I actually found one of the creator's images of Myall, it was used in the fanfiction! I might actually find some of this lost stuff! at least, regarding the fanfiction..
It wasn't a flash game deal like everyone has mentioned so far, but there was a site I used to visit that was called, like, TeamRocketRockin or something like that. It was made to have information on glitches and cheats for Pokemon Gen 1-2 and had bits of info on Gen 3 (namely Bad Egg). The one thing I remembered the most is that there was a spot full of obviously fake glitches/'in game cheats' such as PokeGods, the story of 'making a fried Celebi Egg', or even 'Going to the bathroom in the SS Anne'. The site also housed a fanfiction made by the creator of the site, which told the story of MissingNo. and 'M, failed Team Rocket experiments during the creation of Mewtwo, and how a trainer, a hacker, and a Team Rocket grunt (who had Articuno of all Pokemon) had to stop them by creating another failed Mewtwo experiment- had mixtures of Mew, Entei, and Meowth (called Myall)- to defeat the glitch Pokemon.
I used to visit the site a lot during middle and early highschool, but around the early 2010s the creator decided to take the site and turn it into her cosplay portfolio site, and now it seemingly doesn't exist at all anymore.
Good times.. if only I had some way to save those bizarre fake stories cause some of them were good in a cringy way. (such as the time someone started a pokegod rumor in their school, of a creature called Cheese that was only accessible by cheat device, by setting in the encounter number at '999999999999999999999' instead of something valid)
newmyall_lab.jpg
:u I actually found one of the creator's images of Myall, it was used in the fanfiction! I might actually find some of this lost stuff! at least, regarding the fanfiction..
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
[img]https://res-4.cloudinary.com/crunchbase-production/image/upload/c_lpad,h_256,w_256,f_auto,q_auto:eco/v1397187995/e0f21ee14d8e6e93b628ddee083b66fd.png[/img][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Fancy_pants_man.jpg[/img]
e0f21ee14d8e6e93b628ddee083b66fd.pngFancy_pants_man.jpg
While you're playing Flight Rising, please remember to take care of yourself. You're loved, cherished, and are a human being with dignity and personhood. Also remember that there are many people in need of your love, your talents, your kind words, and your actions. You needn't advertise, but instead, advocate. Do your best to maintain healthy boundaries and to help those who need your help. In the end, love heals all wounds.
[center][img]https://www.mmogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Fantage-Screenshot-001-560x311.jpg[/img][/center] fantage was probably a good 40% of the reason why im gay now [b]edit:[/b] will someone PLEASE say they remember eekoworld because i played this so much it was probably unhealthy, contrary to the point of the game [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5gPRdFY6nKg/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
Fantage-Screenshot-001-560x311.jpg

fantage was probably a good 40% of the reason why im gay now

edit: will someone PLEASE say they remember eekoworld because i played this so much it was probably unhealthy, contrary to the point of the game
maxresdefault.jpg
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
[quote name="Shirarisun" date="2019-09-10 07:07:51" ] everythinggirl with all the old barbie and myscene games,, i used to love playing them when I was like 8 [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0674bdf2083b9398c76ffbe9c1d59915/tumblr_pd2sxsmoC31ti0jwyo2_400.jpg[/img] also does anyone remember all the flash games nick had? I vividly remember the clickamajigs [/quote]Oh GOD I remember everythinggirl! Hooooly snackaroni, that's a total blast from the past. Only site I've recently checked that has died off is gamefudge (unless I'm stupid). I spammed the heck out of whatever Grow game I could play there. Not sure if Addicting Games is still active, but little me frequented that too.
Shirarisun wrote on 2019-09-10 07:07:51:
everythinggirl with all the old barbie and myscene games,, i used to love playing them when I was like 8
tumblr_pd2sxsmoC31ti0jwyo2_400.jpg

also does anyone remember all the flash games nick had? I vividly remember the clickamajigs
Oh GOD I remember everythinggirl! Hooooly snackaroni, that's a total blast from the past.

Only site I've recently checked that has died off is gamefudge (unless I'm stupid). I spammed the heck out of whatever Grow game I could play there. Not sure if Addicting Games is still active, but little me frequented that too.
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
ALL OF THESE HHH I miss EverythingGirl.com and Beanie Babies 2.0 So here are a few that I recall: [b]Shining Stars[/b] - toy brand Russ teamed up with the National Star Registry to make a Webkinz-inspired toy line. There were even video stories about the pets. These videos, thankfully, are still around on YouTube! But sadly I can't find any screenshots of the site itself. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNHu4_nmG0]Here's a link to the first episode of the videos![/url] [img]http://www.kimskornercc.com/wall-tour-800.jpg[/img] [b]Bearville[/b] - Build a Bear's online world. I registered my favorite Build a Bear, Rover, to this site. I loved the minigames here, specifically I remember the coffee shop one and the safari one. [img]https://assets.change.org/photos/4/dx/gc/RHdxgciKpkYFpfS-1600x900-noPad.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YMKS0j23o3M/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] [b]LPSO[/b] - also known as Littlest Pet Shop Online, this one had multiple iterations, but LPSO was the last one around, and the one I remember most. [img]http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/Billboard/lpso-billboard.jpg[/img] [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lps/images/3/37/Lpso_promoscreenshot2.jpg[/img] [b]Pixie Hollow[/b] - Disney had a great success with Club Penguin, and wanted to try and see if that same idea of a virtual would would be successful with their other IPs. Pixie Hollow was a virtual world based off of Disney Fairies. [img]https://d23.com/app/uploads/2013/09/disney-fairies-pixie-hollow-1180w-600h-1180x600.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/28/picture.png[/img]
ALL OF THESE HHH

I miss EverythingGirl.com and Beanie Babies 2.0

So here are a few that I recall:

Shining Stars - toy brand Russ teamed up with the National Star Registry to make a Webkinz-inspired toy line. There were even video stories about the pets. These videos, thankfully, are still around on YouTube! But sadly I can't find any screenshots of the site itself. Here's a link to the first episode of the videos!

wall-tour-800.jpg

Bearville - Build a Bear's online world. I registered my favorite Build a Bear, Rover, to this site. I loved the minigames here, specifically I remember the coffee shop one and the safari one.
RHdxgciKpkYFpfS-1600x900-noPad.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

LPSO - also known as Littlest Pet Shop Online, this one had multiple iterations, but LPSO was the last one around, and the one I remember most.
lpso-billboard.jpg
Lpso_promoscreenshot2.jpg

Pixie Hollow - Disney had a great success with Club Penguin, and wanted to try and see if that same idea of a virtual would would be successful with their other IPs. Pixie Hollow was a virtual world based off of Disney Fairies.
disney-fairies-pixie-hollow-1180w-600h-1180x600.jpg
picture.png
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
*cries in moshi monsters*

i mean it's still up but it's barely updated anymore iirc

There was also an obscure site called Pandanda back in the day. It shut down a year after I joined. They said in the original announcement that it was going to be back up at some point, but I don't know the status of that anymore. It was basically a Club Penguin clone but with red pandas instead.

To comment on sites already mentioned:
* Bella Sara... My sister and I shared an account I think, and we had quite a bit of stuff. We revisited it some time ago... and it seems mostly the same.
* McWorld... You've brought back memories of a time in the past. I barely remember it but I remember there being some kind of rainbow field area? And I used the Happy Meal stuff too.
* I remember signing up for Bearville because I got a free bear (it was brown and I named it either Cocoa or Chocolate) from a birthday party at Build-a-Bear in second grade. I particularly remember the "Bears Around the World" music you could select to play in the background for some reason.
* I played the previous iteration of LPSO, LPS VIP quite a bit when I was young, but I made a new account every time I got a new plush because I didn't quite understand the concept of accounts at the time. With LPSO, that was a different story, since all the plushies I got were put on the same account, which is convenient. I had a nice membership, a nice house, stuff like that, and I usually played as a blue-and-white dog. She isn't the one I remember most, however. That belongs to a simple brown dog named Spike. I had a cat girlfriend with him for a while, but we broke up after I told her I was actually a girl.

Edit: Oh! And Monkey Quest! Basically, it was an MMO from Nick in the early 2010s, and you were a monkey trying to save the world from evil shadow creatures. There were a few different tribes you could join (one of them, a volcano one i believe, never got added into the game because it shut down before it could be added), and you got special weapons for joining one of them. A lot of it was locked off to membership, but it was still a fun game!
*cries in moshi monsters*

i mean it's still up but it's barely updated anymore iirc

There was also an obscure site called Pandanda back in the day. It shut down a year after I joined. They said in the original announcement that it was going to be back up at some point, but I don't know the status of that anymore. It was basically a Club Penguin clone but with red pandas instead.

To comment on sites already mentioned:
* Bella Sara... My sister and I shared an account I think, and we had quite a bit of stuff. We revisited it some time ago... and it seems mostly the same.
* McWorld... You've brought back memories of a time in the past. I barely remember it but I remember there being some kind of rainbow field area? And I used the Happy Meal stuff too.
* I remember signing up for Bearville because I got a free bear (it was brown and I named it either Cocoa or Chocolate) from a birthday party at Build-a-Bear in second grade. I particularly remember the "Bears Around the World" music you could select to play in the background for some reason.
* I played the previous iteration of LPSO, LPS VIP quite a bit when I was young, but I made a new account every time I got a new plush because I didn't quite understand the concept of accounts at the time. With LPSO, that was a different story, since all the plushies I got were put on the same account, which is convenient. I had a nice membership, a nice house, stuff like that, and I usually played as a blue-and-white dog. She isn't the one I remember most, however. That belongs to a simple brown dog named Spike. I had a cat girlfriend with him for a while, but we broke up after I told her I was actually a girl.

Edit: Oh! And Monkey Quest! Basically, it was an MMO from Nick in the early 2010s, and you were a monkey trying to save the world from evil shadow creatures. There were a few different tribes you could join (one of them, a volcano one i believe, never got added into the game because it shut down before it could be added), and you got special weapons for joining one of them. A lot of it was locked off to membership, but it was still a fun game!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@Shadria

Ah yes, TRsRockin.com, I remember that site! Apparently the creator does mostly cosplay stuff now on her site with a name like Meow About Cosplay, but I haven't checked it out very much.

@HydreigonOxide

I found the dragon Shining Stars creature with its tag intact...in a thrift store a couple years after the site shut down. Really mad about that, I still have the doll somewhere.

Neopets is still around, but y'all remember Petpet Park? I didn't play it that much, but people were all over it. Also Monkey Quest, back when Viacom owned the site, but it seems to have vanished into the aether.
@Shadria

Ah yes, TRsRockin.com, I remember that site! Apparently the creator does mostly cosplay stuff now on her site with a name like Meow About Cosplay, but I haven't checked it out very much.

@HydreigonOxide

I found the dragon Shining Stars creature with its tag intact...in a thrift store a couple years after the site shut down. Really mad about that, I still have the doll somewhere.

Neopets is still around, but y'all remember Petpet Park? I didn't play it that much, but people were all over it. Also Monkey Quest, back when Viacom owned the site, but it seems to have vanished into the aether.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
the spirit animals game [img]https://is3-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple127/v4/46/64/b6/4664b60b-8082-7bec-0c0c-b63eb1e237d9/mzl.dellwsrc.jpg/750x750bb.jpeg[/img] i used to play it for hours theres also dragoncave which isnt forgotten, it's just that it's super old
the spirit animals game

750x750bb.jpeg

i used to play it for hours

theres also dragoncave which isnt forgotten, it's just that it's super old
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
@Shadria @Iokharic I met my best friends through the TRR forums. We kept them going for many years (partially as our own personal wiki) until server changes made them too cumbersome to deal with. I used to participate in the biweekly sprite contest. Won it a few times too.

Man those old Pokémon fan sites was my childhood. Also religiously checked Mew’s Hangout, Cave of the Dragonflies (which is still up, amazingly), the one with the Jolteons... several others I can’t think of at the moment.
@Shadria @Iokharic I met my best friends through the TRR forums. We kept them going for many years (partially as our own personal wiki) until server changes made them too cumbersome to deal with. I used to participate in the biweekly sprite contest. Won it a few times too.

Man those old Pokémon fan sites was my childhood. Also religiously checked Mew’s Hangout, Cave of the Dragonflies (which is still up, amazingly), the one with the Jolteons... several others I can’t think of at the moment.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24