Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Did You Have To Learn Cursive in School?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Don't know if schools in Thailand still teach it as I saw none of my internet friends who's younger than me knows how to write it. No idea if they cancelled the lesson requirement all over the country or if it's just their schools chose not to teach it.

Anyway, yep, I had to learn cursive with no choice, too. Can't recalled exactly which grade it was but certainly after 2nd grade and before 6th grade.
Don't know if schools in Thailand still teach it as I saw none of my internet friends who's younger than me knows how to write it. No idea if they cancelled the lesson requirement all over the country or if it's just their schools chose not to teach it.

Anyway, yep, I had to learn cursive with no choice, too. Can't recalled exactly which grade it was but certainly after 2nd grade and before 6th grade.
yea in like 3rd grade

then never used it again
yea in like 3rd grade

then never used it again
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
I definitely had to learn cursive, and while the skill has been relatively useless to me and my life in general, I enjoy the aesthetic. So I guess I'm glad I was forced to learn it?
I definitely had to learn cursive, and while the skill has been relatively useless to me and my life in general, I enjoy the aesthetic. So I guess I'm glad I was forced to learn it?
Bu33PqP.png
I had probably... one lesson in 2nd grade? And then fast forward to when I had to do the SAT in high school and for some reason we were required to write an entire honor code paragraph *in cursive* - it was awful
I had probably... one lesson in 2nd grade? And then fast forward to when I had to do the SAT in high school and for some reason we were required to write an entire honor code paragraph *in cursive* - it was awful
[img]https://i.imgur.com/s0xai7b.png[/img] [color=#336600][font=times new roman][size=5]I[/size][size=4] learned it in elementary school, but I wasn't required to write in cursive since then so I forgot how to do it.[/size] [size=5]A[/size=5][size=4]nd then people expect me to be able to write my name in cursive even though I haven't been required to do it in about 10 years. :/[/color][/size][/font]
s0xai7b.png
I learned it in elementary school, but I wasn't required to write in cursive since then so I forgot how to do it.

And then people expect me to be able to write my name in cursive even though I haven't been required to do it in about 10 years. :/
ex5BGkW.png
I learned in 2nd grade at a magnet elementary school, but I thought all schools taught it. I had to write EVERYTHING in cursive for that time, but not anymore.
I learned in 2nd grade at a magnet elementary school, but I thought all schools taught it. I had to write EVERYTHING in cursive for that time, but not anymore.
._.
* Chocolate month *
Doin me a fascinate
in russia cursive is required as far as i know yeah dont know how to write enlgish cursive though lmao. or read it for that matter russian is fine though. my handwriting is Very Sloppy but its fine [quote name="Akenthief" date="2019-08-15 12:06:30" ] it is mandatory to learn writing in cursive in russia, tho only in russian language, many schools don't teach how to write in cursive in english (sadly?) [/quote] basically yeah
in russia cursive is required as far as i know yeah
dont know how to write enlgish cursive though lmao. or read it for that matter
russian is fine though. my handwriting is Very Sloppy but its fine
Akenthief wrote on 2019-08-15 12:06:30:
it is mandatory to learn writing in cursive in russia, tho only in russian language, many schools don't teach how to write in cursive in english (sadly?)
basically yeah
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
estonia calling - i had to, but not sure if the kids of today have to. i can't remember how the rules about using cursive were in middle school for us.. but im one of those ppl that still finds it the most convenient way to handwrite even though i'm not required to use cursive anymore
in fact i write into my personal diary in cursive too. a recent brief not-so-personal example
(though i'll write in block if i need something to be more legible, for example in notes to other ppl or smth)

bonus: russian cursive too! as russian was the 2nd foreign language i had to learn (from 6th grade) (usually russian/german choice, but my school had no german), besides english (from 3rd)
although now i need russian cursive even less than latin script cursive hahahah but it's still a neat skill to have (although the cyrillic f is a pain to write the way i was taught... and only relatively recently did i find out that the two-balls-and-post isnt the only way to write that!!!!! because i dont have much actual experience with reading actual native-writ cursive cyrillic. (the moment of enlightenment, from my fav music artist to me. the cyrillic f looks almost like a tree and i LOVE IT????? the signing says 'moa', the m looks very n-like... the very cursive'd '2019' is also an entire feat and i RESPECT THAT))
estonia calling - i had to, but not sure if the kids of today have to. i can't remember how the rules about using cursive were in middle school for us.. but im one of those ppl that still finds it the most convenient way to handwrite even though i'm not required to use cursive anymore
in fact i write into my personal diary in cursive too. a recent brief not-so-personal example
(though i'll write in block if i need something to be more legible, for example in notes to other ppl or smth)

bonus: russian cursive too! as russian was the 2nd foreign language i had to learn (from 6th grade) (usually russian/german choice, but my school had no german), besides english (from 3rd)
although now i need russian cursive even less than latin script cursive hahahah but it's still a neat skill to have (although the cyrillic f is a pain to write the way i was taught... and only relatively recently did i find out that the two-balls-and-post isnt the only way to write that!!!!! because i dont have much actual experience with reading actual native-writ cursive cyrillic. (the moment of enlightenment, from my fav music artist to me. the cyrillic f looks almost like a tree and i LOVE IT????? the signing says 'moa', the m looks very n-like... the very cursive'd '2019' is also an entire feat and i RESPECT THAT))
a minimal doodle of a charcoal/periwinkle imperial with some matchy apparel lounging, with the text 'wow...' near her head she/her / frt+10

"have you tried drink water"
Learned it in 3rd or 4th grade, never came up again for me.

Some people I know write exclusively in cursive, though. I'll never understand.
Learned it in 3rd or 4th grade, never came up again for me.

Some people I know write exclusively in cursive, though. I'll never understand.

Ghost/Moon
She/Her | FR+2
xxxxx» Badges
xxxxx» Wishlist
xxxxx» Tumblr
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OlYbolu.pngazCt9EQ.pngyM06S2f.pngnsRz8Lr.png8YkGNAk.pngTSkGETk.pngBcLMO4j.pngzsz0bnG.pngwfMgRKw.pngXXkLSTQ.pngw0IsqjS.gifXXkLSTQ.png2gx7CnC.gifmduBMap.gifWFHePMt.gifJyDJ6GH.gifub6dp2n.pngOlYbolu.png
N51bip4.png

it was mandatory for my entire year to learn it when i was 8 (third grade in the US)
the teachers took it very seriously and told us that we had to write exclusively in cursive and that when we went to college our professors would throw our homework out if it wasn't in cursive

the very next school year our fourth grade teacher asked us to never write in cursive because she couldn't read it and it kinda stayed the same onwards...

nowadays i dont think i've actually ever seen someone write exclusively in cursive more than once or twice that wasn't a person over the age of 70.
it was mandatory for my entire year to learn it when i was 8 (third grade in the US)
the teachers took it very seriously and told us that we had to write exclusively in cursive and that when we went to college our professors would throw our homework out if it wasn't in cursive

the very next school year our fourth grade teacher asked us to never write in cursive because she couldn't read it and it kinda stayed the same onwards...

nowadays i dont think i've actually ever seen someone write exclusively in cursive more than once or twice that wasn't a person over the age of 70.
uNYTKTj.png ____________________
cami - she/her
wishlist!
____________________ stWmWPC.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15