Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Funny D&D moments
1 2 3 4
I was once a female tabaxi bard named Leo (Leophodite). We were fighting giants and one of the giants grabbed me sating "kitty". It was a low blow for my feline pride -_-
I was once a female tabaxi bard named Leo (Leophodite). We were fighting giants and one of the giants grabbed me sating "kitty". It was a low blow for my feline pride -_-
rNm9jr5.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/PurJtbR.png[/img] we bought 150 arrows from a merchant stand called Burt's Yurts XD
PurJtbR.png

we bought 150 arrows from a merchant stand called Burt's Yurts XD
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
My character was trying to convince this gnome king to stop being crazy and stuff... But this was the first time me and my DM played so when he opens the door... "there was king Corboz, a normal looking gnome with a crown on his head"

Yes... He sure looks very normal.... LOLOLOL

And also one of my character flaws is that i always try to get a deal, to the point i am annoying the person. So me and my sidekick were getting a reward of 50 GP and we were deciding who gets what percent of the money.... Later it came to being 50/50 after much arguing... haha
My character was trying to convince this gnome king to stop being crazy and stuff... But this was the first time me and my DM played so when he opens the door... "there was king Corboz, a normal looking gnome with a crown on his head"

Yes... He sure looks very normal.... LOLOLOL

And also one of my character flaws is that i always try to get a deal, to the point i am annoying the person. So me and my sidekick were getting a reward of 50 GP and we were deciding who gets what percent of the money.... Later it came to being 50/50 after much arguing... haha
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
My first time playing, dad Dm'd for me and my sister, I was a bugbear cleric, she was a tiefling bard.
The campaign was death pit of molach, and we were fighting a cultist and goblin. My sister wants to punt the goblin like a football, so dad tells her to roll...and she rolls iffy for aim but so HIGH for damage, that she kicks him inbetween the legs so hard we see blood. We're laughing in our seats and dad is the Dm questioning the sanity of the party while trying hard to hide his laughter but ultimately failing.
This was after she threw a zombie across the room earlier XD
My first time playing, dad Dm'd for me and my sister, I was a bugbear cleric, she was a tiefling bard.
The campaign was death pit of molach, and we were fighting a cultist and goblin. My sister wants to punt the goblin like a football, so dad tells her to roll...and she rolls iffy for aim but so HIGH for damage, that she kicks him inbetween the legs so hard we see blood. We're laughing in our seats and dad is the Dm questioning the sanity of the party while trying hard to hide his laughter but ultimately failing.
This was after she threw a zombie across the room earlier XD
Natalya|She/Her|19|
Spr_5b_380.png
Did a short run as an... well I don't remember, but I DO remember I got shot in the knee with an arrow and died.
Did a short run as an... well I don't remember, but I DO remember I got shot in the knee with an arrow and died.
giphy.gif
Not really a story but an idea. My dm is planning to make a Halloween one shot next week if there are skeletons should I ask if theres a trumpet nearby? Im playing an arcane trickster so I can use disguise self. I want to become a doot doot skelington.

I know a story now I rolled investigation for traps.
Roll a nat 20.
"nothing there"
I look at the wall.
DM describes how the wall is so well made.
I am inspired.
Not really a story but an idea. My dm is planning to make a Halloween one shot next week if there are skeletons should I ask if theres a trumpet nearby? Im playing an arcane trickster so I can use disguise self. I want to become a doot doot skelington.

I know a story now I rolled investigation for traps.
Roll a nat 20.
"nothing there"
I look at the wall.
DM describes how the wall is so well made.
I am inspired.
Unfortunately, it is ugly, sad but not chocolate, beef clinical carrots.
Ridiculus Bibendum nutrition itself.
My boys, Leaf (Tabaxi cleric) and Irwin (his pet drake) are basically a gold mine for inside jokes. Let's start with:
  • Irwin himself. He's a complete and total idiot who loves belly rubs. When we first encountered him, there were two normal guard drakes and one Irwin, a big bumbling chubby mess. I decided to adopt him right then and there.
  • Slinkying and Rug Mode. It all started when I saw a post on @EveningEmerald's Tumblr of a cat going down the stairs like a slinky. The group planned on sending Leaf down one path because he was a sneaky little kitty, and there were enemies in the room, so I had him (you guessed it) slinky down the stairs and lay there at the bottom like a rug. Rolled a 17 for deception. No one suspected a thing.
  • The Order of ******* Clowns. Emerald plays a Tiefling rogue who was heavily based off of Marx from Kirby. My character was originally based on Klonoa, who I eventually wrote as his dad. This inspired Emerald to work on other clown-inspired characters, with her equivalents of Joka, Jevil and Dimentio soon to come.
  • Irwin for president. At one point I brought up the fact that Irwin would make a better president than Trump. Everyone agreed. "Mr. Irwin, what do you have to say for your inauguration speech?" "BLAAAAARGH"
  • Slap Chop. Two out of our three barbarians used their axes to slap people and knock them out. We started calling one of their axes the Slap Chop, after the famous as seen on TV product. At one point, he used the Slap Chop to attack our half-dragon enemy, and ended up slapping his fat juicy booty.
My boys, Leaf (Tabaxi cleric) and Irwin (his pet drake) are basically a gold mine for inside jokes. Let's start with:
  • Irwin himself. He's a complete and total idiot who loves belly rubs. When we first encountered him, there were two normal guard drakes and one Irwin, a big bumbling chubby mess. I decided to adopt him right then and there.
  • Slinkying and Rug Mode. It all started when I saw a post on @EveningEmerald's Tumblr of a cat going down the stairs like a slinky. The group planned on sending Leaf down one path because he was a sneaky little kitty, and there were enemies in the room, so I had him (you guessed it) slinky down the stairs and lay there at the bottom like a rug. Rolled a 17 for deception. No one suspected a thing.
  • The Order of ******* Clowns. Emerald plays a Tiefling rogue who was heavily based off of Marx from Kirby. My character was originally based on Klonoa, who I eventually wrote as his dad. This inspired Emerald to work on other clown-inspired characters, with her equivalents of Joka, Jevil and Dimentio soon to come.
  • Irwin for president. At one point I brought up the fact that Irwin would make a better president than Trump. Everyone agreed. "Mr. Irwin, what do you have to say for your inauguration speech?" "BLAAAAARGH"
  • Slap Chop. Two out of our three barbarians used their axes to slap people and knock them out. We started calling one of their axes the Slap Chop, after the famous as seen on TV product. At one point, he used the Slap Chop to attack our half-dragon enemy, and ended up slapping his fat juicy booty.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Oh boy

This was one of the few DnD game I've played, and it was short and very simple, basically just stats and a simple story

To start off, it was two high school guys, two middle school guys, and a middle school girl (me), and I was the only one with a charisma stat above 3. So you know it's gonna be great.

We started out, and ms boy 1 almost immediately got stabbed by ms boy 2, but I managed to heal him with a lucky roll, and ms boy 2 got arrested. He tried to get me to talk him out of it, but I didn't.

So then we go to buy supplies, and hs boy 2 buys some raw meat and decides to cook it. He then manages to roll nothing below a 16, and two 20s in a few minute span. So he ends up with a perfectly cooked and seasoned slab of meat carved into the shape of Gordan Ramsey's face, which he sold for a ton of money.

We then leave the town to fight some stuff. But one we kill one (1) thing (a goblin or something I think) and hs boy 2 decides he wants to cook the thing. So he drags it off to the town walls, but he can't convince the guard to let him in with the thing. (no charisma remember)

Meanwhile, ms boy 1, still in jail, had to sell his boots to post bail, so is now wandering around barefoot.

Back to hs boy 2. He decides that maybe if he cooks the thing, the guy will let him in. But again (no charisma), he is denied since the thing was humanoid and 'too close to cannibalism'.

Then his cooking fire got out of control and caught the town walls on fire. So he got in. Hooray.

Then I had to leave, but hey, it was fun while it lasted.
Oh boy

This was one of the few DnD game I've played, and it was short and very simple, basically just stats and a simple story

To start off, it was two high school guys, two middle school guys, and a middle school girl (me), and I was the only one with a charisma stat above 3. So you know it's gonna be great.

We started out, and ms boy 1 almost immediately got stabbed by ms boy 2, but I managed to heal him with a lucky roll, and ms boy 2 got arrested. He tried to get me to talk him out of it, but I didn't.

So then we go to buy supplies, and hs boy 2 buys some raw meat and decides to cook it. He then manages to roll nothing below a 16, and two 20s in a few minute span. So he ends up with a perfectly cooked and seasoned slab of meat carved into the shape of Gordan Ramsey's face, which he sold for a ton of money.

We then leave the town to fight some stuff. But one we kill one (1) thing (a goblin or something I think) and hs boy 2 decides he wants to cook the thing. So he drags it off to the town walls, but he can't convince the guard to let him in with the thing. (no charisma remember)

Meanwhile, ms boy 1, still in jail, had to sell his boots to post bail, so is now wandering around barefoot.

Back to hs boy 2. He decides that maybe if he cooks the thing, the guy will let him in. But again (no charisma), he is denied since the thing was humanoid and 'too close to cannibalism'.

Then his cooking fire got out of control and caught the town walls on fire. So he got in. Hooray.

Then I had to leave, but hey, it was fun while it lasted.
Waystone2.giftihutbH.pngnk0fJDk.pngrnj5WRD.pngWaystone1.gif ZhWd0U3.png
[/center]
My level 5 ranger decided to try taming a beautiful birdy with some honey mentioned to have addictive qualities. I'd meant to just coerce it into following me around long enough to tame but...ended up getting it so drunk it passed out. Talk about unintended side effects. Took it home though.

My first campaign playing a paladin i went into a previously cleared dungeon...and promptly fell two stories the second I stepped through the door. Three limbs broken along with many, many bones. I lived- but barely.
My level 5 ranger decided to try taming a beautiful birdy with some honey mentioned to have addictive qualities. I'd meant to just coerce it into following me around long enough to tame but...ended up getting it so drunk it passed out. Talk about unintended side effects. Took it home though.

My first campaign playing a paladin i went into a previously cleared dungeon...and promptly fell two stories the second I stepped through the door. Three limbs broken along with many, many bones. I lived- but barely.
JOMDIQa.png
I play a tiefling paladin in the campaign I'm in atm. I'm the only tiefling in a party of elves, its kinda funny. Now. Paladins, as far as I'm aware, are supposed to keep everyone in check.

not me

My friend, and elf wizard, told me he'd pay me two silver to eat a rotten tomato. So I did. not that much of a problem. My sister (The DM) had me roll constitution, and I got a 17. I also got a great reaction out of her.

Now, if theres one thing I love, its messing with my sister.

Dm: "The box has some cloth and mothballs in it"
Me: *smiles*
Dm: "NO."
Me: "I want to put a mothball in my hand..."
Dm: "DON"T YOU DARE."
Me: "...and set it on fire."
The enitre table: *Sigh of relief*
Me, still grinning: "And then I want to eat it."

I ended up rolling a 1 on constitution that time. Long story short, the entire warehouse blew up because I caught it on fire with a fire-mothball that I failed to eat.
I play a tiefling paladin in the campaign I'm in atm. I'm the only tiefling in a party of elves, its kinda funny. Now. Paladins, as far as I'm aware, are supposed to keep everyone in check.

not me

My friend, and elf wizard, told me he'd pay me two silver to eat a rotten tomato. So I did. not that much of a problem. My sister (The DM) had me roll constitution, and I got a 17. I also got a great reaction out of her.

Now, if theres one thing I love, its messing with my sister.

Dm: "The box has some cloth and mothballs in it"
Me: *smiles*
Dm: "NO."
Me: "I want to put a mothball in my hand..."
Dm: "DON"T YOU DARE."
Me: "...and set it on fire."
The enitre table: *Sigh of relief*
Me, still grinning: "And then I want to eat it."

I ended up rolling a 1 on constitution that time. Long story short, the entire warehouse blew up because I caught it on fire with a fire-mothball that I failed to eat.
There was a time he thought a single
sword could save the kingdom. A
time, all regrets were yet far away...
1 2 3 4