Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Opinions:Pokemon edition
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
The best way to play pokemon is choose your favorite pokemon, and grow a slow attachment. Develop a name, personality, and maybe story for them. Develop that friendship

Competitive pokemon isnt fun

BW/BW2 are the best pokemon games

Team plasma was actually a good evil team

Pokemon amie and refresh were good additions. Adds more personality. Develops said friendship
The best way to play pokemon is choose your favorite pokemon, and grow a slow attachment. Develop a name, personality, and maybe story for them. Develop that friendship

Competitive pokemon isnt fun

BW/BW2 are the best pokemon games

Team plasma was actually a good evil team

Pokemon amie and refresh were good additions. Adds more personality. Develops said friendship
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
gen4 is best gen! :D

I think just playing simply is a LOT more fun than the whole 'determining pokemon natures and movesets and stats' way of playing
gen4 is best gen! :D

I think just playing simply is a LOT more fun than the whole 'determining pokemon natures and movesets and stats' way of playing
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Braixen is a bad Pokémon.

...It's the truth.
Braixen is a bad Pokémon.

...It's the truth.
pokemon ranger > pmd
pokemon ranger > pmd
P1CwUov.gif
Metronome is fun to use
Maractus is one of my favorite grass types. they just look so happy to be there
Same goes for Beheeyem.
Unova has really good pokemon (sure one is literal garbage and one looks like ice cream, but that doesn't mean the entire generation has bad pokemon)
Speaking of Unova im actually fine with pokemon like Trubbish and Vanillite.
While im not really involved in competitive, i think Salazzle should be used a bit more since it isn't affected by burns or poisons (2 really annoying status effects)
Metronome is fun to use
Maractus is one of my favorite grass types. they just look so happy to be there
Same goes for Beheeyem.
Unova has really good pokemon (sure one is literal garbage and one looks like ice cream, but that doesn't mean the entire generation has bad pokemon)
Speaking of Unova im actually fine with pokemon like Trubbish and Vanillite.
While im not really involved in competitive, i think Salazzle should be used a bit more since it isn't affected by burns or poisons (2 really annoying status effects)
furry_fiddle.png
I really despise Lyra's character design and wish they would've kept Kris/Crystal for HGSS :'D
I really despise Lyra's character design and wish they would've kept Kris/Crystal for HGSS :'D
The delta episode in ORAS was convoluted and overly complex/ fake deep

Gen 5+ Pokemon are all good pokemon, yes even Vanillish and Trubbish

Cheating to get pokemon is neither fulfilling nor rewarding, and inorganic pokemon should be banned from competitive. I didnt breed this perfect shiny slowbro with fire blast after 3000+ eggs for NOTHING.

Slowpoke best pokemon 10/10

Sun/Moon was better story-wise than USUM, and Lillie was the best developed partner we've ever had in a pokemon game. USUM ruined her character arc and story altogether in favor of focusing more on the player and "redeeming" the villain.
The delta episode in ORAS was convoluted and overly complex/ fake deep

Gen 5+ Pokemon are all good pokemon, yes even Vanillish and Trubbish

Cheating to get pokemon is neither fulfilling nor rewarding, and inorganic pokemon should be banned from competitive. I didnt breed this perfect shiny slowbro with fire blast after 3000+ eggs for NOTHING.

Slowpoke best pokemon 10/10

Sun/Moon was better story-wise than USUM, and Lillie was the best developed partner we've ever had in a pokemon game. USUM ruined her character arc and story altogether in favor of focusing more on the player and "redeeming" the villain.
Stari - she/her - temperamental artist/ actual cryptid
Trubbish is a cute pokemon.
Trubbish is a cute pokemon.
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [indent][size=3][font=Century][color=darkslategray]- Ninetales, Arcanine and even Suicune are a bit overrated. note: I don't mind them and even adore alolan ninetales, but i think the hype is a bit too much tbh. - generation 5 (unova) had a very good storyline, even with the continuation of bw2. - generation 1 will always hold that nostalgia feel, however, i don't think it was the best region/games. it has its flaws like the others, but i know there's people that will think differently. - i found the trials of gen 7 (alola) to be boring tbh. it took me 10x longer to finish those games than the others in the past (minus platinum). i am hoping that sword/shield is back to gyms or at least no more trials. the concept is neat, but not for me. - mega evolution > z moves[/color][/font][/size][/indent]
7xmmeMg.png

- Ninetales, Arcanine and even Suicune are a bit overrated. note: I don't mind them and even adore alolan ninetales, but i think the hype is a bit too much tbh.

- generation 5 (unova) had a very good storyline, even with the continuation of bw2.

- generation 1 will always hold that nostalgia feel, however, i don't think it was the best region/games. it has its flaws like the others, but i know there's people that will think differently.

- i found the trials of gen 7 (alola) to be boring tbh. it took me 10x longer to finish those games than the others in the past (minus platinum). i am hoping that sword/shield is back to gyms or at least no more trials. the concept is neat, but not for me.

- mega evolution > z moves
..............................................................................................................................

zyy8DcX.png
they/them | faq | wishlist | +2
Gen 4 is overrated and probably one of the more annoying games to get through (slow in general, confusing map. The only upside is it's story but even then.)
Gates to Infinity was good
Gen 5 is good and gets too much flak for 'designs' when all the same can be applied to gen 1/2 (they're the same game basically) simplistic 'orbs and triplets'
B2W2 is the best follow up to a game and no other Pokemon game can match up to its story
Gen 4 is overrated and probably one of the more annoying games to get through (slow in general, confusing map. The only upside is it's story but even then.)
Gates to Infinity was good
Gen 5 is good and gets too much flak for 'designs' when all the same can be applied to gen 1/2 (they're the same game basically) simplistic 'orbs and triplets'
B2W2 is the best follow up to a game and no other Pokemon game can match up to its story
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22