Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do you ever go outside barefoot?
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 110 111
shoes r for the weak
shoes r for the weak

tumblr_otm5qr533e1v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.png
_ qpX0bY5.png

xxxRocki.
pings are okay || avatar | buying
@Snowwall Hey sorry for the late reply, long work weekend.
I've heard that book be referenced a bunch before actually. Maybe I'll look at it in the future. Did you have any particular method to improving your foot toughness or did it simply come with time? I used to not have an issue with this when I was a kid (there was one summer where I quite literally went about 5-6 weeks without putting shoes on once, it was great) but now since I'm older I can't do it as much so I'm limited in my options.
Though if I were to practice I can somewhat easily take a stroll around the neighborhood on the asphalt for a good 45-60 minutes with no issue. Done it twice now. Feels great! But I'm not satisfied, I need to keep on improving. Especially when it comes to snow and stuff like that.
@Snowwall Hey sorry for the late reply, long work weekend.
I've heard that book be referenced a bunch before actually. Maybe I'll look at it in the future. Did you have any particular method to improving your foot toughness or did it simply come with time? I used to not have an issue with this when I was a kid (there was one summer where I quite literally went about 5-6 weeks without putting shoes on once, it was great) but now since I'm older I can't do it as much so I'm limited in my options.
Though if I were to practice I can somewhat easily take a stroll around the neighborhood on the asphalt for a good 45-60 minutes with no issue. Done it twice now. Feels great! But I'm not satisfied, I need to keep on improving. Especially when it comes to snow and stuff like that.
@SilverAndCyanide
As far as I know, practice and common sense... Rougher surfaces will probably work better than soft carpet, but go relatively slow - blisters and raw wounds definitely won't help matters :) Check out some barefooting websites, they might have more practical tips? I've seen http://barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/5BarefootRunning&TrainingTips.html for running, but nothing much for walking per se.
@SilverAndCyanide
As far as I know, practice and common sense... Rougher surfaces will probably work better than soft carpet, but go relatively slow - blisters and raw wounds definitely won't help matters :) Check out some barefooting websites, they might have more practical tips? I've seen http://barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/5BarefootRunning&TrainingTips.html for running, but nothing much for walking per se.
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
Human skin is too weak, specially if you dont go around barefoot a lot. I know whats in that dirt, and I aint getting that crawlin round my body.
Human skin is too weak, specially if you dont go around barefoot a lot. I know whats in that dirt, and I aint getting that crawlin round my body.
Gula.gif
I used to be barefoot all summer in Norway and England, but now that I live in Germany I can't. Too many sharp items, and the ground is scorching hot too.
I used to be barefoot all summer in Norway and England, but now that I live in Germany I can't. Too many sharp items, and the ground is scorching hot too.
66MHIIb.png
All the time. If I have to go out in public I will wear shoes, obviously, but when I'm at home, I usually don't. My feet are tough, and I can run barefoot across gravel without getting hurt or even flinching. I live on 12 acres of forested land, and I've stepped on thorns so many times that they don't bother me much anymore.
All the time. If I have to go out in public I will wear shoes, obviously, but when I'm at home, I usually don't. My feet are tough, and I can run barefoot across gravel without getting hurt or even flinching. I live on 12 acres of forested land, and I've stepped on thorns so many times that they don't bother me much anymore.
i really like star wars ok
Summer in barefeet is lovely till ya step on a toad in the evening :')
Summer in barefeet is lovely till ya step on a toad in the evening :')
wMXAg3w.png
absolutely not. and i'll give you two words why.

fire ants.
absolutely not. and i'll give you two words why.

fire ants.
ezgif-3-36414a8d8c.gif
Yup! I like going through nearby forests barefoot, even if I've gotten more thorns than I can count...
Yup! I like going through nearby forests barefoot, even if I've gotten more thorns than I can count...
I go outside with barefeet at all times. Even if it's in the winter, if it's too let the dog go pee or throw the garbage out, I will walk outside in the snow barefoot. Sure it hurts, but I do it anyway.
I go outside with barefeet at all times. Even if it's in the winter, if it's too let the dog go pee or throw the garbage out, I will walk outside in the snow barefoot. Sure it hurts, but I do it anyway.
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 110 111