Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things That 'Don't Exist'
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I have distinct memories from early childhood of a certain video game character that I cannot seem to find anywhere. It was a small pinkish ghostlike cat that was very cute and nontheatening, but if the avatar character moved close to it, it would suddenly grow larger, dark purple, and the cute kitten face would disappear and grow fangs, claws, and glowing eyes. It would proceed to move towards the character an attack (in a Mario-type style; there was no blood, more like the avatar flinching and losing health.) I have no idea what game it was from, what the rest looked like, or anything. It's as if it never existed but I have such vivid memories of it, I can't have made it up... could I?
If anyone recognizes it, I'll be amazed.
I have distinct memories from early childhood of a certain video game character that I cannot seem to find anywhere. It was a small pinkish ghostlike cat that was very cute and nontheatening, but if the avatar character moved close to it, it would suddenly grow larger, dark purple, and the cute kitten face would disappear and grow fangs, claws, and glowing eyes. It would proceed to move towards the character an attack (in a Mario-type style; there was no blood, more like the avatar flinching and losing health.) I have no idea what game it was from, what the rest looked like, or anything. It's as if it never existed but I have such vivid memories of it, I can't have made it up... could I?
If anyone recognizes it, I'll be amazed.
They/Them
I’m here and I’m queer
Ask to see my parrot, he is good.
@IceDragonpie

I couldn't find anything either.
@IceDragonpie

I couldn't find anything either.
*shivers* so weird...
Thanks for trying though, @FalloutStreak!
*shivers* so weird...
Thanks for trying though, @FalloutStreak!
They/Them
I’m here and I’m queer
Ask to see my parrot, he is good.
I still have issues with the Mandala Effect and feel like I'm being gaslighted by my own brain.

Unknown parallel universe travel FTW
I still have issues with the Mandala Effect and feel like I'm being gaslighted by my own brain.

Unknown parallel universe travel FTW
ZRFPHFU.png
@Avessa Probably erased from record because of the author's gender. That's only because of the year.

I feel like something similar has happened to me before... I just can't quite place it... I dunno.

@FalloutStreak Probably same scenario as Avessa, if the author is female. Don't get me wrong here, I am a girl and I'm not sexist, but I do believe this is the case as women were looked upon as 'second class' citizens at the time your books seem to be written.

@Avessa Probably erased from record because of the author's gender. That's only because of the year.

I feel like something similar has happened to me before... I just can't quite place it... I dunno.

@FalloutStreak Probably same scenario as Avessa, if the author is female. Don't get me wrong here, I am a girl and I'm not sexist, but I do believe this is the case as women were looked upon as 'second class' citizens at the time your books seem to be written.

NN9NPXA.png
hh5n4WA.png
mjtJ868.png
xuKF4fL.png
qhK4FYS.png
4ogWlJU.png
GmpJL9V.pngebgyVXC.pngu0xFVz1.pngEGzfMVW.pnghaRlyz4.pngPIMx6Ft.pngJ8hTK0d.pngsFMScix.pngPP1zJy5.png8UYUyIT.pngZdX5GDi.pnggc0eJjW.png
v8f8ZKI.png
aaa
@marktheshark What's the author's name? Is it generally a female name? If so, it was probably erased from record if it was done while girls were considered 'second class'.
@marktheshark What's the author's name? Is it generally a female name? If so, it was probably erased from record if it was done while girls were considered 'second class'.
NN9NPXA.png
hh5n4WA.png
mjtJ868.png
xuKF4fL.png
qhK4FYS.png
4ogWlJU.png
GmpJL9V.pngebgyVXC.pngu0xFVz1.pngEGzfMVW.pnghaRlyz4.pngPIMx6Ft.pngJ8hTK0d.pngsFMScix.pngPP1zJy5.png8UYUyIT.pngZdX5GDi.pnggc0eJjW.png
v8f8ZKI.png
aaa
Following because I LOVE these kind of rabbit holes :) Sorry I don't have anything to add to the discussion.
Following because I LOVE these kind of rabbit holes :) Sorry I don't have anything to add to the discussion.
@knoxxi What about The Lovin' Spoonful's Do you believe in Magic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUljHEpeIgs
@knoxxi What about The Lovin' Spoonful's Do you believe in Magic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUljHEpeIgs
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@silverlia i think it was female- its still in my trailer since my trailer is at a rest spot. ill find out soon, though
@silverlia i think it was female- its still in my trailer since my trailer is at a rest spot. ill find out soon, though
@marktheshark Please do tell me if it is, I'm curious now. :)
@marktheshark Please do tell me if it is, I'm curious now. :)
NN9NPXA.png
hh5n4WA.png
mjtJ868.png
xuKF4fL.png
qhK4FYS.png
4ogWlJU.png
v8f8ZKI.png
aaa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7