Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Movies you love that critics/others hate
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19
[quote name="gazehound" date=2017-09-24 01:10:13] [quote name="Arupocalypse" date=2017-09-23 21:02:01] [quote name="OffensiveTitles" date=2017-09-14 14:20:45] @Yeehaw the emoji movie was a symbolic piece of art chock full of beautiful metaphors about life, the critics focus too much on whats on the surface. I'd call it movie of the decade [/quote] THIS [/quote] agreed [/quote] Indeed.
gazehound wrote on 2017-09-24:
Arupocalypse wrote on 2017-09-23:
OffensiveTitles wrote on 2017-09-14:
@Yeehaw

the emoji movie was a symbolic piece of art chock full of beautiful metaphors about life, the critics focus too much on whats on the surface. I'd call it movie of the decade

THIS
agreed
Indeed.
2kt/2g fake FR achievements

Orca | She/her | +0 FR time
Oh, I forgot!

Sahara was an amazing movie! Anyone else like it?
Oh, I forgot!

aKHNXwM.png
[quote name="duskflower" date=2017-09-25 10:00:23] Oh, I forgot! Sahara was an amazing movie! Anyone else like it? [/quote] I haven't seen it, but I was tempted because the main characters are a cobra and a scorpion, traditionally evil animals. From the trailer, it looks cliched, but as I mentioned Rio on this thread earlier I wouldn't mind that too much.
duskflower wrote on 2017-09-25:
Oh, I forgot!

I haven't seen it, but I was tempted because the main characters are a cobra and a scorpion, traditionally evil animals. From the trailer, it looks cliched, but as I mentioned Rio on this thread earlier I wouldn't mind that too much.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
I love The Fountain, but a lot of the reviews go something along the lines of "It's too confusing". But that's part of the reason I like it... it gives you stuff to think about... and it's not too confusing, it just presents a bit of a puzzle to put together.
I love The Fountain, but a lot of the reviews go something along the lines of "It's too confusing". But that's part of the reason I like it... it gives you stuff to think about... and it's not too confusing, it just presents a bit of a puzzle to put together.
sig2.jpg
I am a critic, but I have some exceptions too lol.
Chicken Little. Apparently, everyone I've ever talked to HATES the movie with a burning passion. I mean, I can get why, it's not the best (especially for its time). But this movie makes me crack up and feel great everytime I watch it. Honestly, every time I try to take off my rose-tinted nostalgia glasses I just. Can't. This movie makes me feel too good. :>
I am a critic, but I have some exceptions too lol.
Chicken Little. Apparently, everyone I've ever talked to HATES the movie with a burning passion. I mean, I can get why, it's not the best (especially for its time). But this movie makes me crack up and feel great everytime I watch it. Honestly, every time I try to take off my rose-tinted nostalgia glasses I just. Can't. This movie makes me feel too good. :>
oQlTGMl.png
Hook. Critics hated it, but they are monsters.
Hook. Critics hated it, but they are monsters.
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Dunkirk. It's one of the few realistic war movies that I liked that a lot of critics didn't. It needs to be appreciated more. That movie gave a sense of realism and was made from actual interviews with war veterans from that time.
Dunkirk. It's one of the few realistic war movies that I liked that a lot of critics didn't. It needs to be appreciated more. That movie gave a sense of realism and was made from actual interviews with war veterans from that time.
Tn4TEAZ.png
VbjBJf7.giftumblr_inline_o0idjiOn5w1qg2i5p_540.png
Quote:
what she says: i'm fine

what she means: anakin skywalker spent his whole life hoping to escape from slavery - first from gardulla and watto on tatooine, then later from the entrapments of the jedi order - until he finally realized that servitude must truly be the only option, and dejectedly joined the sith. his turn to the dark side was not only a desperate attempt to save his wife and future children, but also a passive and resigned acceptance that he would never be able to live as a truly autonomous individual able to choose his own path, which was always his ultimate goal. even after becoming darth vader, anakin never once used jedi mind tricks. yes, he had other ways of getting people to do as he wished, but he never took away anyone's ability to think for themselves. his character is so often reduced to simply a petty villain, but anakin was so much more than that.

I liked the Star Wars prequels more than the original trilogy.

When you understand the true extent of the tragedy of Anakin's life story... and especially when you can put together the full picture of why he turned to the Dark Side, it's just overall a way, WAY more deep story than the original trilogy ever was. It added so much more depth and desperation to Vader's fixation on Luke.

George Lucas, while I respect his worldbuilding, is not very good at writing dialogue and that's what made the prequels hated on. Honestly, what people don't know, is that George's ex wife, Marcia Lucas, is the one who made the original trilogy amazing. She was George's best critic and a lot of her suggestions were what made the movies so great in the first place, but after they split up, that's when the storytelling and characterization got worse.
Quote:
what she says: i'm fine

what she means: anakin skywalker spent his whole life hoping to escape from slavery - first from gardulla and watto on tatooine, then later from the entrapments of the jedi order - until he finally realized that servitude must truly be the only option, and dejectedly joined the sith. his turn to the dark side was not only a desperate attempt to save his wife and future children, but also a passive and resigned acceptance that he would never be able to live as a truly autonomous individual able to choose his own path, which was always his ultimate goal. even after becoming darth vader, anakin never once used jedi mind tricks. yes, he had other ways of getting people to do as he wished, but he never took away anyone's ability to think for themselves. his character is so often reduced to simply a petty villain, but anakin was so much more than that.

I liked the Star Wars prequels more than the original trilogy.

When you understand the true extent of the tragedy of Anakin's life story... and especially when you can put together the full picture of why he turned to the Dark Side, it's just overall a way, WAY more deep story than the original trilogy ever was. It added so much more depth and desperation to Vader's fixation on Luke.

George Lucas, while I respect his worldbuilding, is not very good at writing dialogue and that's what made the prequels hated on. Honestly, what people don't know, is that George's ex wife, Marcia Lucas, is the one who made the original trilogy amazing. She was George's best critic and a lot of her suggestions were what made the movies so great in the first place, but after they split up, that's when the storytelling and characterization got worse.
ybwf4f9.gif
Ninjago got super bad reviews but it was honestly amazing and i loved it soooo much!!! honestly i was the only one in the theater CRACKING THE HECK UP
Ninjago got super bad reviews but it was honestly amazing and i loved it soooo much!!! honestly i was the only one in the theater CRACKING THE HECK UP
DSvyk5V.gif
JvUa9ma.png

fkWjutW.png

WKtl2lb.png

bYt72YT.png

blepastro-1.png
oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
[quote name="KalliZora" date=2017-09-16 14:43:09] The Quest for Camelot. It's just a fun fantasy adventure with a spunky heroine. I even once went to an art class run by one of the guys who worked on it. ALSO IT HAS A TWO HEADED DERG IN IT On the other hand, the critics think it should have stayed in the Dark Ages. (Credit to Nostalgia Critic for that one. I happen to watch a lot of him.) I don't understand why everyone be hating on this film. It's pretty awesome. [/quote] DUDE that was my favorite as a kid! I was a diehard fan and also that movie has nothing to do with my username nope
KalliZora wrote on 2017-09-16:
The Quest for Camelot. It's just a fun fantasy adventure with a spunky heroine. I even once went to an art class run by one of the guys who worked on it. ALSO IT HAS A TWO HEADED DERG IN IT
On the other hand, the critics think it should have stayed in the Dark Ages. (Credit to Nostalgia Critic for that one. I happen to watch a lot of him.) I don't understand why everyone be hating on this film. It's pretty awesome.
DUDE that was my favorite as a kid! I was a diehard fan and also that movie has nothing to do with my username nope
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19