Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird College Stories
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
@Lindwur
.... I wanna know why now. XD
@Lindwur
.... I wanna know why now. XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Hmm.. I wore spongebob flip flops everyday to class..

There was a guy in my English class who wore a kilt and trekked campus barefoot the entire time.
There was also another guy who wore a lab coat to class everyday but he was an English major.

Maybe it's just the English majors? I don't know lol.
Hmm.. I wore spongebob flip flops everyday to class..

There was a guy in my English class who wore a kilt and trekked campus barefoot the entire time.
There was also another guy who wore a lab coat to class everyday but he was an English major.

Maybe it's just the English majors? I don't know lol.
5c3f58d4-95e0-47be-8fd9-cabebd51b988_zpsatcjjjl1.jpg
@TheMoonCrazed
Oh goodness that's hilarious! I knew a guy in high school who hated shoes. I kinda agree, I wear flipflops until the last minute possible.
@TheMoonCrazed
Oh goodness that's hilarious! I knew a guy in high school who hated shoes. I kinda agree, I wear flipflops until the last minute possible.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@ImpossibleJedi4 - lol I hear ya! I hate shoes too! Flip flops and shorts are my life "uniform". It can be in the negative temperatures and I"ll probably still have a pair of flops on x)
@ImpossibleJedi4 - lol I hear ya! I hate shoes too! Flip flops and shorts are my life "uniform". It can be in the negative temperatures and I"ll probably still have a pair of flops on x)
5c3f58d4-95e0-47be-8fd9-cabebd51b988_zpsatcjjjl1.jpg
One of the first weeks on campus, I had a gorilla knock on my dorm door. No reason. He was just knocking on everyone's door. I think he asked one girl for a hug.

And this one isn't so much weird as annoying: I've been on campus maybe 3 months. In those 3 months, the fire alarm has gone off nearly a dozen times. It's usually the ancient microwave overheating but one time a girl left her hot iron on something flammable. And after two days in a row of fire alarms, the school decided our dorm building needed a fire drill. This was the 8th or 9th time the alarms went off. There were a few people who just put on headphones and ignored it. Seriously, the alarms at this point are like the boy who cried wolf. No one cares.
One of the first weeks on campus, I had a gorilla knock on my dorm door. No reason. He was just knocking on everyone's door. I think he asked one girl for a hug.

And this one isn't so much weird as annoying: I've been on campus maybe 3 months. In those 3 months, the fire alarm has gone off nearly a dozen times. It's usually the ancient microwave overheating but one time a girl left her hot iron on something flammable. And after two days in a row of fire alarms, the school decided our dorm building needed a fire drill. This was the 8th or 9th time the alarms went off. There were a few people who just put on headphones and ignored it. Seriously, the alarms at this point are like the boy who cried wolf. No one cares.
Xo3h1oI.png
@CivElynBird
Ahhh we had some drunk student pull the alarm at 3:20 AM during orientation week. NOT FUN.
@CivElynBird
Ahhh we had some drunk student pull the alarm at 3:20 AM during orientation week. NOT FUN.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png

Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Not really a weird college story, but today I learned my professor is friends with the ceo of buzzfeed and I don't know what to do with this information.
Not really a weird college story, but today I learned my professor is friends with the ceo of buzzfeed and I don't know what to do with this information.
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
@ImpossibleJedi4 The temperature here has already dropped to the 30s during the day and the alarms like to go off after dark which means there's a hundred + kids standing outside in sweats and pajamas. :(
@ImpossibleJedi4 The temperature here has already dropped to the 30s during the day and the alarms like to go off after dark which means there's a hundred + kids standing outside in sweats and pajamas. :(
Xo3h1oI.png
Not weird so much as disappointing.... I wrote a paper on Civil War (the comic arc) and how comics as an art form *and* form of literature can get difficult, multifaceted concepts across efficiently. In this case, McCarthyism. The person who peer-reviewed my paper didn't know what that was. Like, for real my dude? How did you get into college? What are they teaching the kids these days?
Not weird so much as disappointing.... I wrote a paper on Civil War (the comic arc) and how comics as an art form *and* form of literature can get difficult, multifaceted concepts across efficiently. In this case, McCarthyism. The person who peer-reviewed my paper didn't know what that was. Like, for real my dude? How did you get into college? What are they teaching the kids these days?
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Once I dragged 2 other students on an 11-mile trek across a highway to get to the nearest Panera. Lots of fun!! The stuff we found on that trek isn't appropriate to share here (honestly, the things people throw out of their cars...) but we saw an amazing view crossing over a river, posed with a fallen street sign waaaaay bigger than we were...yeah, it was a great time :D :D :D we had to Uber back because we were so exhausted, though!!
Once I dragged 2 other students on an 11-mile trek across a highway to get to the nearest Panera. Lots of fun!! The stuff we found on that trek isn't appropriate to share here (honestly, the things people throw out of their cars...) but we saw an amazing view crossing over a river, posed with a fallen street sign waaaaay bigger than we were...yeah, it was a great time :D :D :D we had to Uber back because we were so exhausted, though!!
QDUbuEp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37