Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [RoR] "Scary" Movie Double Feature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/Xyalon/Dragons/RORSMN_zpssxorfp83.png[/img][/center] The Plague flight invites you to join us for a "scary" movie double feature as part of our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1596027]Riot of Rot 2015 celebrations[/url]! [center][b][color=maroon]Date: Saturday, October 17, 2015 Time: 14:00 Server time Location: IRC [/b] https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/ [i]or connect via Trillian with the below credentials![/i] [b]Server-[/b] SolidIRC (irc.solidirc.com) [b]Channel -[/b] #RoRmovies [quote=How to Connect][u]Connecting via Mibbit.com[/u] 1) Go to [url=https://client01.chat.mibbit.com]Mibbit[/url] 2) Change the IRC drop down box to SolidIRC. 3) For nickname, use your FR username and type #RoRmovies for the channel. 4) Be respectful toward one another. Hate speech and trolling will not be tolerated and users ruining the experience will be booted from the channel.[/quote][/center] [b]Hocus Pocus[/b] (1993), PG [i]After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teen-agers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to the witches' reign of terror once and for all.[/i] [img]http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-09/4/14/enhanced/webdr06/anigif_enhanced-25119-1441390846-2.gif[/img] [center][b][size=6][color=maroon]The RoR "Scary" Movie Double Feature[/color][/size][/b][/center] [b]Hocus Pocus[/b] (1993), PG [b]Movie will begin at 14:15 FR time![/b] [size=2]Runtime: 1 hour and 36 minutes[/size] [i]After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teen-agers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to the witches' reign of terror once and for all.[/i] [b]The Ring[/b] (2002), PG-13 [b]Movie will begin at 16:15 FR time![/b] [size=2]Runtime: 2 hours and 25 minutes[/size] [b]tw[/b] jumpscares, body horror [i]It sounds like just another urban legend -- a videotape filled with nightmarish images leads to a phone call foretelling the viewer's death in exactly seven days. Newspaper reporter Rachel Keller (Naomi Watts) is skeptical of the story until four teenagers all die mysteriously exactly one week after watching just such a tape. Allowing her investigative curiosity to get the better of her, Rachel tracks down the video and watches it. Now she has just seven days to unravel the mystery.[/i] There will be two pings on October 17 - one when I wakeup with the IRC details, and a 30 minute warning at 13:30. Once I ping with the IRC information tomorrow, you are welcome to join at any time as I have cleared my schedule to be around for the day. To those that would be interested in viewing Ringu, I would happily organize a group viewing for another day during RoR, so let me know if you would be interested - maybe it could be an Asian Horror Double Feature! [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/1600652#post_14505487]Click here to see the movie list[/url] with trigger warnings![/b] We want this activity to be inclusive to everyone regardless of triggers or disliking horror, so the movie double feature will start with Hocus Pocus, to be followed by the scary/horror movie of YOUR choosing! We hope that you are having a FANTASTIC Riot of Rot season this October! Be sure to check out the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1596027]Riot of Rot Event Hub[/url] to see all of the amazing activities planned and read up on the Shade Plague sweeping the land!
RORSMN_zpssxorfp83.png

The Plague flight invites you to join us for a "scary" movie double feature as part of our Riot of Rot 2015 celebrations!

Date: Saturday, October 17, 2015
Time: 14:00 Server time

https://client01.chat.mibbit.com/ or connect via Trillian with the below credentials!
Server- SolidIRC (irc.solidirc.com)
Channel - #RoRmovies
How to Connect wrote:
Connecting via Mibbit.com
1) Go to Mibbit
2) Change the IRC drop down box to SolidIRC.
3) For nickname, use your FR username and type #RoRmovies for the channel.
4) Be respectful toward one another. Hate speech and trolling will not be tolerated and users ruining the experience will be booted from the channel.

Hocus Pocus (1993), PG
After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teen-agers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to the witches' reign of terror once and for all.
anigif_enhanced-25119-1441390846-2.gif

The RoR "Scary" Movie Double Feature

Hocus Pocus (1993), PG Movie will begin at 14:15 FR time! Runtime: 1 hour and 36 minutes
After three centuries, three witch sisters are resurrected in Salem Massachusetts on Halloween night, and it is up to two teen-agers, a young girl, and an immortal cat to put an end to the witches' reign of terror once and for all.

The Ring (2002), PG-13 Movie will begin at 16:15 FR time! Runtime: 2 hours and 25 minutes tw jumpscares, body horror
It sounds like just another urban legend -- a videotape filled with nightmarish images leads to a phone call foretelling the viewer's death in exactly seven days. Newspaper reporter Rachel Keller (Naomi Watts) is skeptical of the story until four teenagers all die mysteriously exactly one week after watching just such a tape. Allowing her investigative curiosity to get the better of her, Rachel tracks down the video and watches it. Now she has just seven days to unravel the mystery.

There will be two pings on October 17 - one when I wakeup with the IRC details, and a 30 minute warning at 13:30. Once I ping with the IRC information tomorrow, you are welcome to join at any time as I have cleared my schedule to be around for the day.

To those that would be interested in viewing Ringu, I would happily organize a group viewing for another day during RoR, so let me know if you would be interested - maybe it could be an Asian Horror Double Feature!

Click here to see the movie list with trigger warnings!

We want this activity to be inclusive to everyone regardless of triggers or disliking horror, so the movie double feature will start with Hocus Pocus, to be followed by the scary/horror movie of YOUR choosing!

We hope that you are having a FANTASTIC Riot of Rot season this October! Be sure to check out the Riot of Rot Event Hub to see all of the amazing activities planned and read up on the Shade Plague sweeping the land!
wzRAAhQ.png
[center][b][color=red]>>[url=http://strawpoll.me/5656490]The Poll[/url] has ended![/b][/center] Hi everyone, the poll has finally ended and it is time to discuss the second part of the RoR "Scary" Movie Double Feature! [img]http://i.imgur.com/6firZMH.png[/img] The Ring has come out victorious after spending the week neck and neck with Silent Hill and briefly being topped by Beetlejuice, which came up from behind! Originally I was intending on this being the American remake, but enough people on the thread have posted that they would be interested in Ringu, the original in Japanese so I wanted to ask the thread - preference? I chose The Ring because some people really dislike subtitles and wanted to leave this event open and accessible to as many people as possible. [b]So - Ring or Ringu? You have until noon tomorrow to ping me and vote! At around 14:00 tomorrow I will ping everyone with the final information for the movies. [/b]The IRC channel will be released when I wake up on Saturday morning, around 07:00 FR time (I live on server time), and at that point people can hop in to chat and get excited / discuss movies or whatever. I look forward to this weekend! :) [b]The Mist (2007)[/b] (tw: blood, spiders, suicide, drug use) [b]Dead and Breakfast (2004)[/b] (tw: zombies, gore) [b]Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)[/b] [b]Poltergeist (1982)[/b] (tw: jumpscares, body horror) [b]Invasion of the Body Snatchers[/b] (1956) [b]A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)[/b] (tw: slasher flick, blood, jumpscares) [b]Warm Bodies (2013)[/b] (tw: slight gore, zombies) [b]The Haunting[/b] (1963) (tw: jumpscares) [b]The Devil’s Backbone[/b] (2001) (tw: ghosts, jumpscares, violence) [b]The Ring[/b] (tw: jumpscares, body horror) [b]House on Haunted Hill[/b] (1959) (tw: jumpscares) [b]Last Man on Earth (1964)[/b] [b] Omega Man (1971)[/b] [b]Black Swan (2010)[/b] (tw: body horror, self-harm) [b]Beetlejuice (1988)[/b] [b]Ghostbusters (1984)[/b] [b]Silent Hill (2006)[/b] (tw: jumpscares, slight gore) [b]Dance of the Dead (2008)[/b] (tw: zombies, slight violence) [b]The Frighteners (1996)[/b] [b]Rosemary's Baby (1968)[/b] Please remember to keep the discussions of the movies within Flight Rising's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50]Rules & Guidelines[/url]. Trigger warnings are meant to warn people before they Google something.
>>The Poll has ended!

Hi everyone, the poll has finally ended and it is time to discuss the second part of the RoR "Scary" Movie Double Feature!

6firZMH.png

The Ring has come out victorious after spending the week neck and neck with Silent Hill and briefly being topped by Beetlejuice, which came up from behind!

Originally I was intending on this being the American remake, but enough people on the thread have posted that they would be interested in Ringu, the original in Japanese so I wanted to ask the thread - preference? I chose The Ring because some people really dislike subtitles and wanted to leave this event open and accessible to as many people as possible.

So - Ring or Ringu? You have until noon tomorrow to ping me and vote! At around 14:00 tomorrow I will ping everyone with the final information for the movies. The IRC channel will be released when I wake up on Saturday morning, around 07:00 FR time (I live on server time), and at that point people can hop in to chat and get excited / discuss movies or whatever.

I look forward to this weekend! :)

The Mist (2007) (tw: blood, spiders, suicide, drug use)
Dead and Breakfast (2004) (tw: zombies, gore)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Poltergeist (1982) (tw: jumpscares, body horror)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) (tw: slasher flick, blood, jumpscares)
Warm Bodies (2013) (tw: slight gore, zombies)
The Haunting (1963) (tw: jumpscares)
The Devil’s Backbone (2001) (tw: ghosts, jumpscares, violence)
The Ring (tw: jumpscares, body horror)
House on Haunted Hill (1959) (tw: jumpscares)
Last Man on Earth (1964)
Omega Man (1971)
Black Swan (2010) (tw: body horror, self-harm)
Beetlejuice (1988)
Ghostbusters (1984)
Silent Hill (2006) (tw: jumpscares, slight gore)
Dance of the Dead (2008) (tw: zombies, slight violence)
The Frighteners (1996)
Rosemary's Baby (1968)

Please remember to keep the discussions of the movies within Flight Rising's Terms of Use and Rules & Guidelines. Trigger warnings are meant to warn people before they Google something.
wzRAAhQ.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/FfN75v4.png[/img][/center] [quote=Pinglist]Users that want reminders/updates @RandomShmoe @SquishyPenguin @rubyredtan @BlueDragonSona @Ethras @scrxpt @7thUtopia @Voxnipop @MagicToaster @MxMyaku @Fetisha @Torru @DianaMoon @Creepshow @DomiTheMystic @InkZylorn @MissouriMule @emaster012 @dystopia @Mal @Raewyn [/quote] [quote=Pinglist for Asian Horror Double Feature TBD] @MissouriMule @Ethras @Mal @BlueDragonSona @SquishyPenguin @Marduk [/quote]
FfN75v4.png

Pinglist for Asian Horror Double Feature TBD wrote:
wzRAAhQ.png
@kalhalla

I love Hocus Pocus! Please add me to the pinglist. Thank you!
@kalhalla

I love Hocus Pocus! Please add me to the pinglist. Thank you!
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
@rubyredtan

ME TOO it is pretty much my favorite Halloween movie. Hands down. Watch it every year at least once.
@rubyredtan

ME TOO it is pretty much my favorite Halloween movie. Hands down. Watch it every year at least once.
wzRAAhQ.png
@kalhalla

Sorry, but I am a little confused. Are all of us just talking about said movie or streaming it so people can enjoy together? I'm just confused, but this sounds like an interesting idea.
@kalhalla

Sorry, but I am a little confused. Are all of us just talking about said movie or streaming it so people can enjoy together? I'm just confused, but this sounds like an interesting idea.
eMKuTSp.pngSuFoSiB.pngAe8P7pK.pnguHskAtc.png
@BlueDragonSona

No need to be sorry - I forgot that this may not be something that happens often on FR (my guild on another site has done them for ages)!

The idea is that those in the IRC would be watching it and discussing together. :) So you show up and press play at the same time and talk to one another about the movie.
@BlueDragonSona

No need to be sorry - I forgot that this may not be something that happens often on FR (my guild on another site has done them for ages)!

The idea is that those in the IRC would be watching it and discussing together. :) So you show up and press play at the same time and talk to one another about the movie.
wzRAAhQ.png
@kalhalla

OOOkay that makes more sense, thank you for clearing that up. Can I be put on the ping list, I've actually never seen any of those movies you listed, not much of a horror genera fan but am willing to give it a try.
@kalhalla

OOOkay that makes more sense, thank you for clearing that up. Can I be put on the ping list, I've actually never seen any of those movies you listed, not much of a horror genera fan but am willing to give it a try.
eMKuTSp.pngSuFoSiB.pngAe8P7pK.pnguHskAtc.png
@kalhalla can i be on the reminders ping list please? I'd love to attend this!
@kalhalla can i be on the reminders ping list please? I'd love to attend this!
VgR98md.pngbeast.giftumblr_inline_njw5je8bTG1qg2i5p.gif
@kalhalla Also, a suggestion. Have you tried Rabb.it? It's a streaming site where everyone can watch at the exact same time.
@kalhalla Also, a suggestion. Have you tried Rabb.it? It's a streaming site where everyone can watch at the exact same time.
VgR98md.pngbeast.giftumblr_inline_njw5je8bTG1qg2i5p.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10