Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | 'No rAgrets' - a survival Guide
1 2 3
[center][i](I update this guide every now and then - feel free to fav this thread to see the latest news, i'll reply to this whenever i add something - thank you!) [size=2][u]Last Update:[/u] Dec 11, 2019 [/size][/i] [size=2]*NEW* Glitter & Gloom Guide, NOTN Tipps and more[/size][/center] [center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/iDrasIGtHWVi0/giphy.gif[/img][/center] [i]1 year, 1 month and 2 days after i joined FR, it's finally time for a beepboopitsmyguide thread. Let's see what kind of resúme i can give and what small tipps and tricks on how to survive and make money i can tell, aight? Aight. [/i] [size=2][i]My native language isn't english, but I really hope it makes sense in the end and the mistakes, typos etc, won't destroy the whole thread.[/i] [/size] [u]TL;DR: [/u] This is a guide about how I started and how i got my account to the point where it is in less than a year. If you can't relate with my personal philosophy, feel free to leave again - it shouldn't be worth the read then. This guide is based on how to get money and a stable account, rather than tons of dergs and not enough room. I try to avoid flipping items, as it's uncalculatable ([i]is that even a word)[/i] way for a newbie to begin with and theres a risk included a newbie doesn't need, so let's see how it's possible to survive using the "normal" game-mechanics instead. [b]My personal philosophy:[/b] If you don't want to follow my personal opinion, it's absolutely fine. It's just /my/ way to handle various things and it does not need to be(come) yours. Anyways, i'd like to tell you why I do what I do and how - and of course, why i feel it's the best way possible. First off, I played a lot of (browser) games and various mmo's before joining FR over the last, idk, 15 years i guess, and i always followed the same basic rules i set to myself, while i [i]never[/i] bought ingame currency with real money. - Make sure your whole account stands tall and stable, you can fulfill your dreams way easier after making sure buying things won't kill all your goals. - Prepare yourself for grinding if it's worth it. - Don't ever spent /all/ money you currently have. - Make sure you have enough food all the time. - Take risks, but always calculate them. - Losing money while taking risks, is normal, but it should never kill your acc. - Learn more about how the market works. [i]- Either make 'quick cash' or '[b]more[/b] cash'... [/i] (FR related: - Make sure to get the free 75kt each day - Click fams every day - Melt, melt, and melt more with Baldwin) and last, but not least.. - Stay patient. [center]No r[b]a[/b]grets![/center] Alright, let's come to some details... FR is in my opinion a nice place to grind your way to the top. If I must name one single item why it's worth the stress, i'd probably name "Eliminate". It's almost a "must have" in this game and when you ever read any kind of Coli-Guides, i am sure you know that already. While there are indeed builds w/o an Elim, i promise you, you'll safe a lot of time and tears if you have an Elim or even better, two. While I considered an Elim as a "nice bonus" in my first weeks of FR, I found out that you're not able to fight when your dragons are hungry. They lose energy during battles and it's important to feed them every now and then. And even if this was one of the small annoying things I found out, i had the urge to even grind for that, instead of buying all i need. Shortly later i found my way to the forums and found a neat way to do everything I wanted in the same timespan. Food, a Coli Team and more money. [b]Step 01.) [/b] Remember that you want fun in this game at all costs. That's the most important, because otherwise you'd quit asap and it's over.. ;D So make sure to take breaks from this/my hardmode'ish way through the game. If you're a nerd and already love FR, i am p sure you like the next steps regardless! [b]Step 02.)[/b] This really is the hardmode way, but I can say that i haven't regret this. I joined the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1832206/57#post_35085959]10-Drop-Coli Challenge[/url]. It was the hardest i could do during that time. Why? Because i levelled my Team from 1-25 all by myself without an Elim right before this challenge. I'd even suggest to join this challenge w/o a max'ed out team, grind through the venues step by step and compare your luck with others. PLUS, what I found nice, have the feeling you're not alone with all this.. mess. [b]Step 03.)[/b] If you shouldn't find an Elim on your way through the challenge, you can now at least be sure, that you have a) enough fams, b) enough stuff to throw into Baldwin's pot and c) some items you /could/ sell. So this step is about sorting out your hoard in the smartest way possible. [u]Baldwin:[/u] Baldwin is important during fests and ofc it's nice to brew yourself some genes. There are some Guides/Sheets to see the important items you will need for him. = [b]Vault them[/b] in any case and decide later what you want to do, it might be worth to brew to sell (be aware that the prices change a lot, so make sure to compare before you decide.) A handy tipp to reach a higher level is, that you brew over night, and melt over day as much as you can. You could also brew for others, but i would not recommend as [i]you[/i] need those items. [u]Swipp's:[/u] I personally feel Swipp isn't /that/ important, but feel free to do the same as for Baldwin = [b]Vault the items[/b] or sell them in matching stacks for another easy way to get cash. [u]Food: [/u] I think i actually never sold any food items anywhere. That's right, never. It's something important for me and i like to gather foodpoints to never end up having struggle with that. Buuuut, you should prolly set yourself a personal limit here. Let's say: 5k FP in every set of food - exclude the Items for Baldwin/Swipp and then [b]sell the rest.[/b] This way you can be sure to be "save" when it comes to food, but you can still have some decent income. [u]Apparel/Familiars:[/u] If you like them, keep them. If you dislike them, make sure to checkout their value by typing the name of the item to the AH. If it's worth less than ~3-4kt, feel free to melt them with Baldwin - or sell them away. (I'd prefer Baldwin.) When they're more expensive, sell them. But don't lowball. [u]Accents/Skins:[/u] If you like them, keep them - otherwise sell. Again, no lowballing. [u]Battle Items:[/u] Use them, when they're not an Ambush, a Berserker, an Elim or Rally. All those Might and Acuity Fragments aren't rare and they'll help you get through the venues a tiny bit better. If you still feel unwell with using things, do yourself a favor and compare prices.. thats important in any case, but we talk about that later. (Don't use them on fodder dergs, but on your Team. Switch these stones out as soon as you're able to buy better ones.) [u]Speciality:[/u] If you /should/ find Genes in Coli and you're still somewhat new (or poor huehue), sell them. And yes, that is hard, but no, you really don't need them just now. Genes often lay around for months on end because you can't decide on which dragon you should use them or how or whatever... so just sell them, because in the time you decide for a dragon you want to use them on, I promise you'll have enough to simply buy such a gene. *shrug After this "cleaning"; you should be left with a bunch of items in your hoard which aren't worth to be sold in AH. Or let's say, you'll find yourself most likely being "too lazy" to sell them. No worries, that's normal and fine. You can sell these things via Hoardsell in a second or two. But please, make sure you vault all important items to not hoardsell an important item. [i](See Step 01. for reasons.)[/i] [b]Step 04.)[/b] Now that you do have a little more money than usually, make sure you use it for important things and don't just throw it out like it's nothing. For me, it's way more satisfying to have more lairspace, instead of new dragons who make me suffer because i have no room and now need to get rid off of other dragons i might want to keep. This struggle is real, it's normal - it /is/. Check out how much cash you need for your next lair expansion. Our goal during this scenario is to get an ancient lair really fast, because it's not hard to get more dragons anyways. Spend your money there. = Buy more room. [b]Step 05. orrr.. 04.5?)[/b] [i]Well look at you! You have room, a Coli Team and enough food for the next weeks. Cool, right? Right! Because that's how you make sure your account is stable and able to gain more stuff before you give up because you don't have money to buy even more precious dergs. Pat yourself on your shoulder and be proud that you've come so far. It wasn't easy, but worth it. To keep a stable account, you now need a way to continue making money, without bothering too much about it. I am sure you slowly want to find projects you want to follow and you might've found a bigger goal already. This means, you need to gain more money over time, while not losing anything you have. This is a bit tricky now and i suggest you to not stress yourself with it. Stay patient, still.[/i] You should, if possible, grind the 75kt you can get from playing games every day.[i] (I wrote a G&G vh guide, which you can find below)[/i] And your goal is, to not spend a single treasure of it. Mean, i know :( Try to survive with selling smaller items and some dragons on a daily basis. If you can, set yourself a goal of let's say 80-90kt a day. That's a lot right? Nope. It's not that much actually. 75kt are from playing G&G (which costs max 30 minutes of your gametime) plus ~15kt of normal trades. If you survive doing so for some days, it's time for... [b]Step 06.)[/b] As setting a cut with your foodpoints, you'll now do the same with your currency. Vault - all - your - money! Set yourself a limit of, let's say, 100kt and 50g. Everything above these round numbers will be put into vault. [i]For example:[/i] You have 179564t and 58g at the end of the day, now before you logg off, put 79564t and 8g into your vault. Try to forget about it for a while, try to let your hands off of that. Because /that's/ the cash you will spend on your goals, projects and your account as a whole. If you had a really good day, feel free to grab an amount of (example) 20kt, go to the auction house or MP and just buy what you want. But don't spend a treasure more. You hopefully clicked the bonding button on your familars over a while now, feel free to vault all the treasure chests you got, too and open them only when you have a really good reason to do so. (I know it's really tasty to open them right after having them in your hoard, but most items in them are tiny pieces you don't really need - now - and it's a waaaay better feeling to open them all at once. [b]Step 07.)[/b] Beside the already listed money income, why not make more? Ever heard of profit pushing? No? Well, checkout your flights dom forum and read a bit about it. This profiting is possible to do all day/every day. You just don't run for gold (#1 dom), but you do it for your own pockets still. The easiest way to get your hands on cheap fodder is by breeding fodder yourself. I personally always have some small 15day-Cooldown pairs sitting on some nests. If you want a tipp here, try to get mixed breeds as a pair, so you have a chance on getting 5 eggs. Whenever they hatch, I shove them into my hib and let them grow to adults there. If you (still) don't have enough room, buy cheap dragons off of the auction house. I pay 5-6kt at most, but that's a personal preference and you can easily pay more. Level them up with the help of your maxlevel dragons and exalt them. (I level to 7 max, but again, personal pref.) Here's the average [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/746775/1]Payout-Sheet[/url]. If you're able to get a bonus during micro holidays, feel free to level up slightly higher in the same time. For example: If you buy for 5kt and level to level 7, you make a profit of ~5kt. You need less than ~8 minutes to do so... which is a neat payout in a hour. (Don't forget that you'll find lots of loot doing so, which will bring even more cash into your bank!) Use a 2 Fodder Trainer for that to get the best payout in a short time. [i](See next step.)[/i] [b]Step 08.)[/b] Coli. Yea, well, here it is again. While you already have your Team ready at this point, you should now have questions about builds and stuff. I know, but no worries, it's not too hard. You need an Elim, good thing is, that they're cheap now and you can buy one even if it hurts. I promise you do it, close your eyes and click buy in any case. Don't cry, theres no way around if you want to safe time and... nerves. But hold up, first off, decide for a good dragon to get this Elim. I personally used my progen, but i am not sure if i'd suggest to do the same. If so, remember that you're not able to sell this dragon - in other words: An Elim on your progen is lost forever. Anyways, I did exactly that and oh well, in the end, it doesn't matter. Because this is my personal guide through all of it, i can't leave out on build or team suggestions, so here they are: [u]2-Fodder Build:[/u] I like to grind in GLR, so i use an [b]'Anticitank'[/b] for grinding fodder there. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2973564]'Momos'[/url] is the dude for that job in my case. You will need a triple melee enemies pack to get this build going, but if it runs, its really smooth and easy to push some levels. To give you a second option, i'd like to suggest the [b]'KBK'[/b]. It's a 2-Fodder Trainer as well and you level with a Bonus of the Victory Chain (which stacks with Micro Holiday's bonus). In my case it's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=408491&tab=dragon&did=2901634]Nike[/url] who does this job. [u]GWS Grind:[/u] To grind GWS i use [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/14#post_37190279]this[/url] Team. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44752554]'Freigeist'[/url] has further Info's about my own Team in her Bio. Be aware that this Team is not able to carry fodder with them. It's purely to grind items in Golem Workshop, nothing else. [u]Random:[/u] I do have a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/408491/1480955]few[/url] other maxlevel Dragons I use to grind all venues. But i'd suggest to first go with the 2-Fodder build above, as it's the easiest way to grind more money - which you can use for another Elim for example. Festival grinding isn't too hard and you don't really need a 25 to do so. So that shouldn't be the goal here. Strive high. [b]>> For Tipps about a whole Team, see Random Info 05) below![/b] [b]Step 09.)[/b] Fullfilling dreams is one of the last steps, but you should know now why. As I told you above i feel it's more important to care for the whole account, but for small things first. Which is why you're now able to blast out some cash on things you ever wanted, without having the feeling that it hurts too bad haha. Do it. Really. Go for it. Buy yourself some cool things and celebrate that you've come so so far. You need to take breaks every now and then, so now it's the next break and time to actually buy some things you don't /need/, but want. [b]Step 10.)[/b] The last step, hurray! Let's make this a tiny list with some other random tipps you might need on your way :) - Never sell any festival items right after the event or even during it. Wait at least 3 months to resell anything. - Don't lowball at any time. Be patient selling your things, it's fine, the money comes in anyways. Try to see everything you have in numbers! - Don't open eggs when you're new. While this is a controversal theme, i have to include it anyways, as my /I/ will always tell that it's more important to extend your account, than having an ugly fodder G1 you don't need. Chances are low here, they are extremely low. - If you're unsure about a price, and item, a dragon, or anything: ASK.... [u]and compare![/u] Ask for help in forums, discord, via pm, or anything else. Don't just sell it for weird prices. You can lose a lot of money if you aren't patient. - Try to avoid common mistakes, like missing a zero, or pricing with "first thought" numbers. - Micro Holidays give an EXP Bonus of mighty 50% - it might be worth to wait for them and if they're live - USE them! Always. - Remember to melt stuff for Baldwinerino! - Keep everything until you [b]really[/b] know you can sell without r[b]a[/b]grets. - Gather food in first place, don't scavenge/dig first. - Sometimes it's worth to take a risk, just don't r[b]a[/b]gret it.. you at least, tried! - Do your research and it will safe your butt x) So, i guess that was it. If you have any questions ~ feel free to ask. My inbox is open for you in any case <3 Love, ~ beeps [center]_____________________________________________[/center] [right]Food - Goo Mats - Ooze App - Slime Fam's - Muck Other - Sludge Wary (15 treasure) Tolerant (20 treasure) Relaxed (25 treasure) Inquisitive (30 treasure) Companion (35 treasure) Loyal (45 treasure) Awakened (50 treasure)[/right] [center]_____________________________________________[/center] [u][b]Additional Info:[/b][/u] I'd like to list more random information here, just in case you ever come back and would like to read more. [i](Let's not talk about the fact that i am forgetful..)[/i] [b][i]Random Info 01.)[/i][/b] As a newb, you shouldn't ever think that you /have/ to [b]grind[/b] in high venues to get good money through items. That's simply wrong. It's indeed nice to be able to grind higher venues, but it's not a 'must' to have a chance on "good" items. Right now (Sept. '19) it's possible to get the following item in a super low venue: [item=Delicate Bat Wing] This item has a decent value, as it's needed for hibernal item-trades to open more slots. These hibernal slots are nice for everyone playing this game, which means: everyone needs or will need them sooner or later. While almost everyone is able to grind the low venue called '[b]Woodland Path'[/b], a lot of people don't (for various reasons, either lazy, or not worth it fodder-wise). This is [i]your chance[/i] to use this for you. You can easily level up some dragons in this venue, maybe even stay a tiny bit longer, while the enemies aren't too hard and it won't take too much time to win those fights. [i](Remember you'll have a winning streak bonus here with lowlevel dragons)[/i] So either level some of your Perma's for a few level, or even better, prepare fodder (as a Team in a similar levelrange to get the bonus) you can exalt right after. [b]==[/b] Take your time with selling the wings, they're currently up for at least 10g/each [Make sure to compare current values.]. (But be aware, they're not common, you'll still need to do something for them. [size=2]But this is still a hardmodi'sh guide, right?[/size]) [b][i]Random Info 02.)[/i][/b] It doesn't matter if you [b]sell your stuff for gems or treasure[/b]. It's sometimes even better to sell for the opposite of what you "need", as prices vary. Always compare to treasure AND gems to figure out where you get more. The base ration is 1:1000, depending on supply and demand this ratio changes slightly. If you find yourself having "too many" gems, sell these gems for treasure. If you have "too much" treasure, go and buy gems. I personally sell for the base ratio, but i [u]never[/u] buy gems. Again, take your time even with this part of the story, if you bring patience, you can even make profit through this. [b][i]Random Info 03.)[/i][/b] [b]Should I....?[/b] [i]Should I invest money during the months of september - november?[/i] - No. Never. Nope nope nope...nein! Prepare yourself for NOTN instead. Read the Wiki, the Encyclopedia and forums and make sure you know what your shopping-list looks like. Maybe even use one of the offered Spreadsheets or write your own, but make sure you be aware of what you have and what else you need. Everything else you'll get are spare items, which you can sell way later. (Months later!) So [i]this[/i] is basically where you invest into future. NOTN is [b]the[/b] event on FR, it's the most amazing thing happening and you will feel the community getting more and more excited the months before it happens. I am sure you will feel that by yourself and it's absolutely reasonable. > Prepare yourself, get more space, more money, and more of everything else. Read what this event is about and figure out how to gmake money with it ;) [b]Should I....?[/b] [i]Should I sell Dragon X?[/i] If you ask yourself this question - then yes! Sell them, exalt them. Try to find something you like for long. If you have any tiny thing you dislike - get rid off them! When [b]should I....?[/b] When [i]should I buy an Elim?[/i] The best time to buy an Elim is in the two weeks before christmas eve. Prices will drop over this timespan as people crave for more gold (for Notn) - As a lot of people want to sell, the prices drop. Feel free to stock up! If you're in the middle of the year, or right after christmas, it's your decision. You can observe the market for a few days to make sure you'll buy when it's slightly less expensive - but if you have the cash on hand, close your eyes and buy it. [b][i]Random Info 04.)[/i][/b] [b]Lairspace/Hibernal-Den[/b]. Well, both is nice, but as i already stated, try to find a balance with spending money in general. The first hib-item trades are super cheap and even possible as a somewhat Newbie. Try to find a system how you can store dragons which you don't need, but want to keep. Dragons in general are a huge task, feel free to be really hard on them and on yourself. As a Newbie you tend to take [i]all the dragons[/i], but this will change over your first weeks. Some combos, be it in color and/or genes, aren't rare at all and you can easily replace them in the future, so maybe just exalt those first (remember to level them first). Others have a personal value to you, but you never plan to breed them - those are the perfect candidates for your hib-slots. [u]As a Tipp: [/u]The FR community is one hell of a gang and there are LOTS of people offering help. Reach out and seek help in Hibernal-Threads, where people gift or trade Items to gain more slots. This is a neat group-project-way to gain more room w/o spending much. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630462]Here's[/url] a nice thread to find all the items you will need until the latest trade is done. Stay strong friend! hehe x) [b][i]Random Info 05.)[/i][/b] [i]Can't decide for a [b]team/build[/b] in the beginning? Because the mass of guides and whatnot overwhelms you? Worry not, my friend. I have a solution for you![/i] When I started I tried various builds and somehow had my troubles to find anything what felt like it works for more than a venue or two. The Tipp i can give you is, that you should try to start figuring out what you want to do on maxlevel, not right now. It's obvious that you want to level to 25 now, but remember? Strive high - without r[b]a[/b]grets! [u]Example:[/u] If you want to be active during your flights dom pushes in the end [u]and[/u] you would like to level fodder in the end, find yourself some ideal builds for that. If you trust my opinion about the builds, you might want to go with an "Anticitank" in the end, just like linked 'Momos' above. The best step here would be, that you read the guide about that build to figure out (oops spoiler) that a Nature Flight dragon is best as an Anticitank. That's your hint, your step now would be to make sure you own a Nature Dragon you reaallllyyyyy like, better: Adore this kid so much, that you [b]never[/b] want to get rid off of it, as it would be the first Dragon for your Team. Find two other builds which were perfect for your Dreamgoals! Want a tank which is able to survive some hits? Don't have the cash for (another) Elim? Well then go and take a look into the "Sedona" build. (Spoiler - Flight doesn't really matter, cool, right?) There you go, second dragon found! Onto the third one: Want to have a decent and stable Team in the beginning? Better safe than sorry? Well then go grab a heal! Congrats, you now have a 3 Dragon Team stable enough to grind your way to 25 without troubles x) (Make sure your Heal has a Flights Element which is useful in the end. For example, the KBK (above) could be a good choice!) == Attention: Be aware that you can't use these builds in any lowlevel areas! Or let's say, you can, but you don't want that.. it'd take waaaay to much time. So feel free to use the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190#post_2217190]Sedona[/url] build on all three, or the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1#post_1040710]Culex[/url] build for example. That'd be perfectly fine for the low venues, but not in the end! Take these builds as preparation for the future. You can always change builds around, but it's best to stay with a Team of 3 dragons until all of them are 25. [i]([u]Oh and, PS:[/u] Don't feel forced to use Tinctures for Sedona/Culex, it's fine to leave some Statpoints out for now, you'll be able to reach maxlevel anyways.) [/i] [b][i]Random Info 06.)[/i][/b] [b]Hibernal Lair.[/b] [i]Again![/i] First off, you have to understand that theres no way around any tasks. If you want to open them, you /have/ to trade in valuable things sooner or later. Prepare yourself for that, find a way to deal with it. I just bought my way through because as I said, theres no other way around it anyways and i knew i wanted those slots. What you can do to keep the expenses "low", start gathering items right now. Keep what you need to unlock slots. Theres [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630462]this [/url]fantastic list to keep track of it. Theres also a Spreadsheet anywhere to keep track. That's what you should do if you plan to get all the hibernal slots. [u]A Tipp:[/u] The most annoying trade-ins are the ones for eggs. Yes, that's right, you need to trade in one egg of each flight to unlock a slot. That's costy.. hmm! During NOTN it's possible to find Nocturne Eggs. They're very easy to find actually and prices will drop for them. Now that's your chance. Set yourself a goal of ~15eggs. Find them, keep them and trade them for Flight-Eggs. Don't accept any other deal but 1:1's. Your Noc egg, for a flight egg. This might take time, but that's perfectly fine as you can grind aaaall the other stuff in the meantime ha! [b][i]Random Info 07.)[/i][/b] [b]NOTN[/b] again... It's december and it's slowly time to wrap your head around the Night of Nocturne. It's overwhelming first, I know, but once you're in, you will love it as much as I do. A lot of items will be super cheap during this time and it's your time to play out your newly gained knowledge. To not mess up, here's some infos/ideas: - Remember yourself. Grab one of your dragons and use it's bio to put down some notes for yourself. What do you want to get and keep for yourself? I for myself want to have a full stack of eggs, 99x eggs in total. That's insane you say? Yup, it is! And it will take a loooooot of time. - Set your goals the way they are possible for you to reach. December is the time of family, love and christmas. If you and your family go nuts during this time, you will not have as much time as I do. So how about 20 eggs for now? - Don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you have already found friends, team up! My two best buds here (shoutout to @kava and @blackjackie) already know my goals and i know theirs. Because i know their goals and they know mine, we're able to support eachother and keep or eyes open for everything we want to have after Notn. - Gather and craft as many items you can. Keep it all. Don't sell anything of it when Notn is still running - except: Chests! - The Notn Chests are easier to get as any other Event Chests. You will end up having a lot of them. Figure out if you want to open them by yourself, or sell them as they are. (I opened aaaaaall the chests from my first Notn, but i knew you can gain a lot of cash by selling those. I just preferred to call the whole Notn-Collection my own, but that's something you have to decide by yourself. What i want to say is: Yes you can gain lot's of cash selling Chests, but it's possible to survive (and make cash) opening them all and enjoy the feeling of opening presents during christmas.) - Don't open eggs. Fine, maybe one of them eheh, but pay attention to the hard mean facts. Getting a good G1 is rare. Earning the cash the egg is worth, by selling G1s is suuuuper hard. [i](Eggs are worth 250-300kt before and after Notn.) [/i] 'Good' G1's are special eyes, pretty colors and combos (XXY YXX YXY). - If possible, gather your G1s and keep them. It's hard to figure out what they're worth and it highly depends on people, but blindly selling G1's might end up in r[b]a[/b]grets. Oh hold on, NO ragrets! Right? Right. Keep them, stalk forums, ask people for help and - take your time -. [center][i][b]Questions? Feel free to ask.[/b][/i] [size=2]Most Random Info's are based on questions I got after writing this thread. So you'd actually help others if you ask :)[/size][/center] [center]You can also find me in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2719610]D4Y[/url] - a project for Newbies and others who need help with their Teams. You can adopt free level 10 dragons and participate in various Raffles. We'll be happy to have you over there, too :)[/center]
(I update this guide every now and then - feel free to fav this thread to see the latest news, i'll reply to this whenever i add something - thank you!)

Last Update: Dec 11, 2019

*NEW* Glitter & Gloom Guide, NOTN Tipps and more
giphy.gif

1 year, 1 month and 2 days after i joined FR, it's finally time for a beepboopitsmyguide thread.
Let's see what kind of resúme i can give and what small tipps and tricks on how to survive and make money i can tell, aight? Aight.

My native language isn't english, but I really hope it makes sense in the end and the mistakes, typos etc, won't destroy the whole thread.

TL;DR:
This is a guide about how I started and how i got my account to the point where it is in less than a year. If you can't relate with my personal philosophy, feel free to leave again - it shouldn't be worth the read then.
This guide is based on how to get money and a stable account, rather than tons of dergs and not enough room.

I try to avoid flipping items, as it's uncalculatable (is that even a word) way for a newbie to begin with and theres a risk included a newbie doesn't need, so let's see how it's possible to survive using the "normal" game-mechanics instead.

My personal philosophy:
If you don't want to follow my personal opinion, it's absolutely fine. It's just /my/ way to handle various things and it does not need to be(come) yours. Anyways, i'd like to tell you why I do what I do and how - and of course, why i feel it's the best way possible.

First off, I played a lot of (browser) games and various mmo's before joining FR over the last, idk, 15 years i guess, and i always followed the same basic rules i set to myself, while i never bought ingame currency with real money.
- Make sure your whole account stands tall and stable, you can fulfill your dreams way easier after making sure buying things won't kill all your goals.
- Prepare yourself for grinding if it's worth it.
- Don't ever spent /all/ money you currently have.
- Make sure you have enough food all the time.
- Take risks, but always calculate them.
- Losing money while taking risks, is normal, but it should never kill your acc.
- Learn more about how the market works.
- Either make 'quick cash' or 'more cash'...
(FR related:
- Make sure to get the free 75kt each day
- Click fams every day
- Melt, melt, and melt more with Baldwin)
and last, but not least..
- Stay patient.
No ragrets!

Alright, let's come to some details...
FR is in my opinion a nice place to grind your way to the top. If I must name one single item why it's worth the stress, i'd probably name "Eliminate".
It's almost a "must have" in this game and when you ever read any kind of Coli-Guides, i am sure you know that already.
While there are indeed builds w/o an Elim, i promise you, you'll safe a lot of time and tears if you have an Elim or even better, two.
While I considered an Elim as a "nice bonus" in my first weeks of FR, I found out that you're not able to fight when your dragons are hungry. They lose energy during battles and it's important to feed them every now and then. And even if this was one of the small annoying things I found out, i had the urge to even grind for that, instead of buying all i need.
Shortly later i found my way to the forums and found a neat way to do everything I wanted in the same timespan.
Food, a Coli Team and more money.

Step 01.)
Remember that you want fun in this game at all costs. That's the most important, because otherwise you'd quit asap and it's over.. ;D
So make sure to take breaks from this/my hardmode'ish way through the game. If you're a nerd and already love FR, i am p sure you like the next steps regardless!

Step 02.)
This really is the hardmode way, but I can say that i haven't regret this.
I joined the 10-Drop-Coli Challenge. It was the hardest i could do during that time. Why? Because i levelled my Team from 1-25 all by myself without an Elim right before this challenge. I'd even suggest to join this challenge w/o a max'ed out team, grind through the venues step by step and compare your luck with others. PLUS, what I found nice, have the feeling you're not alone with all this.. mess.

Step 03.)
If you shouldn't find an Elim on your way through the challenge, you can now at least be sure, that you have
a) enough fams,
b) enough stuff to throw into Baldwin's pot
and
c) some items you /could/ sell.
So this step is about sorting out your hoard in the smartest way possible.
Baldwin: Baldwin is important during fests and ofc it's nice to brew yourself some genes. There are some Guides/Sheets to see the important items you will need for him. = Vault them in any case and decide later what you want to do, it might be worth to brew to sell (be aware that the prices change a lot, so make sure to compare before you decide.)
A handy tipp to reach a higher level is, that you brew over night, and melt over day as much as you can.
You could also brew for others, but i would not recommend as you need those items.
Swipp's: I personally feel Swipp isn't /that/ important, but feel free to do the same as for Baldwin = Vault the items or sell them in matching stacks for another easy way to get cash.
Food: I think i actually never sold any food items anywhere. That's right, never. It's something important for me and i like to gather foodpoints to never end up having struggle with that. Buuuut, you should prolly set yourself a personal limit here.
Let's say: 5k FP in every set of food - exclude the Items for Baldwin/Swipp and then sell the rest. This way you can be sure to be "save" when it comes to food, but you can still have some decent income.
Apparel/Familiars:
If you like them, keep them. If you dislike them, make sure to checkout their value by typing the name of the item to the AH. If it's worth less than ~3-4kt, feel free to melt them with Baldwin - or sell them away. (I'd prefer Baldwin.) When they're more expensive, sell them. But don't lowball.
Accents/Skins:
If you like them, keep them - otherwise sell. Again, no lowballing.
Battle Items:
Use them, when they're not an Ambush, a Berserker, an Elim or Rally. All those Might and Acuity Fragments aren't rare and they'll help you get through the venues a tiny bit better. If you still feel unwell with using things, do yourself a favor and compare prices.. thats important in any case, but we talk about that later.
(Don't use them on fodder dergs, but on your Team. Switch these stones out as soon as you're able to buy better ones.)
Speciality:
If you /should/ find Genes in Coli and you're still somewhat new (or poor huehue), sell them. And yes, that is hard, but no, you really don't need them just now.
Genes often lay around for months on end because you can't decide on which dragon you should use them or how or whatever... so just sell them, because in the time you decide for a dragon you want to use them on, I promise you'll have enough to simply buy such a gene. *shrug
After this "cleaning"; you should be left with a bunch of items in your hoard which aren't worth to be sold in AH. Or let's say, you'll find yourself most likely being "too lazy" to sell them.
No worries, that's normal and fine. You can sell these things via Hoardsell in a second or two. But please, make sure you vault all important items to not hoardsell an important item. (See Step 01. for reasons.)

Step 04.)
Now that you do have a little more money than usually, make sure you use it for important things and don't just throw it out like it's nothing.
For me, it's way more satisfying to have more lairspace, instead of new dragons who make me suffer because i have no room and now need to get rid off of other dragons i might want to keep.
This struggle is real, it's normal - it /is/.
Check out how much cash you need for your next lair expansion. Our goal during this scenario is to get an ancient lair really fast, because it's not hard to get more dragons anyways.
Spend your money there. = Buy more room.

Step 05. orrr.. 04.5?)
Well look at you! You have room, a Coli Team and enough food for the next weeks.
Cool, right? Right! Because that's how you make sure your account is stable and able to gain more stuff before you give up because you don't have money to buy even more precious dergs. Pat yourself on your shoulder and be proud that you've come so far. It wasn't easy, but worth it.
To keep a stable account, you now need a way to continue making money, without bothering too much about it. I am sure you slowly want to find projects you want to follow and you might've found a bigger goal already. This means, you need to gain more money over time, while not losing anything you have.
This is a bit tricky now and i suggest you to not stress yourself with it. Stay patient, still.

You should, if possible, grind the 75kt you can get from playing games every day. (I wrote a G&G vh guide, which you can find below) And your goal is, to not spend a single treasure of it. Mean, i know :(
Try to survive with selling smaller items and some dragons on a daily basis. If you can, set yourself a goal of let's say 80-90kt a day. That's a lot right? Nope. It's not that much actually. 75kt are from playing G&G (which costs max 30 minutes of your gametime) plus ~15kt of normal trades.
If you survive doing so for some days, it's time for...

Step 06.)
As setting a cut with your foodpoints, you'll now do the same with your currency.
Vault - all - your - money!
Set yourself a limit of, let's say, 100kt and 50g. Everything above these round numbers will be put into vault.
For example: You have 179564t and 58g at the end of the day, now before you logg off, put 79564t and 8g into your vault.
Try to forget about it for a while, try to let your hands off of that. Because /that's/ the cash you will spend on your goals, projects and your account as a whole.
If you had a really good day, feel free to grab an amount of (example) 20kt, go to the auction house or MP and just buy what you want. But don't spend a treasure more.
You hopefully clicked the bonding button on your familars over a while now, feel free to vault all the treasure chests you got, too and open them only when you have a really good reason to do so. (I know it's really tasty to open them right after having them in your hoard, but most items in them are tiny pieces you don't really need - now - and it's a waaaay better feeling to open them all at once.

Step 07.)
Beside the already listed money income, why not make more? Ever heard of profit pushing? No? Well, checkout your flights dom forum and read a bit about it.
This profiting is possible to do all day/every day. You just don't run for gold (#1 dom), but you do it for your own pockets still.
The easiest way to get your hands on cheap fodder is by breeding fodder yourself. I personally always have some small 15day-Cooldown pairs sitting on some nests. If you want a tipp here, try to get mixed breeds as a pair, so you have a chance on getting 5 eggs. Whenever they hatch, I shove them into my hib and let them grow to adults there.
If you (still) don't have enough room, buy cheap dragons off of the auction house. I pay 5-6kt at most, but that's a personal preference and you can easily pay more.
Level them up with the help of your maxlevel dragons and exalt them. (I level to 7 max, but again, personal pref.)
Here's the average Payout-Sheet. If you're able to get a bonus during micro holidays, feel free to level up slightly higher in the same time.
For example: If you buy for 5kt and level to level 7, you make a profit of ~5kt. You need less than ~8 minutes to do so... which is a neat payout in a hour. (Don't forget that you'll find lots of loot doing so, which will bring even more cash into your bank!)
Use a 2 Fodder Trainer for that to get the best payout in a short time.
(See next step.)

Step 08.)
Coli.
Yea, well, here it is again.
While you already have your Team ready at this point, you should now have questions about builds and stuff. I know, but no worries, it's not too hard.
You need an Elim, good thing is, that they're cheap now and you can buy one even if it hurts. I promise you do it, close your eyes and click buy in any case. Don't cry, theres no way around if you want to safe time and... nerves.
But hold up, first off, decide for a good dragon to get this Elim. I personally used my progen, but i am not sure if i'd suggest to do the same. If so, remember that you're not able to sell this dragon - in other words: An Elim on your progen is lost forever. Anyways, I did exactly that and oh well, in the end, it doesn't matter.
Because this is my personal guide through all of it, i can't leave out on build or team suggestions, so here they are:
2-Fodder Build:
I like to grind in GLR, so i use an 'Anticitank' for grinding fodder there. 'Momos' is the dude for that job in my case. You will need a triple melee enemies pack to get this build going, but if it runs, its really smooth and easy to push some levels.
To give you a second option, i'd like to suggest the 'KBK'. It's a 2-Fodder Trainer as well and you level with a Bonus of the Victory Chain (which stacks with Micro Holiday's bonus). In my case it's Nike who does this job.
GWS Grind:
To grind GWS i use this Team. 'Freigeist' has further Info's about my own Team in her Bio.
Be aware that this Team is not able to carry fodder with them. It's purely to grind items in Golem Workshop, nothing else.
Random:
I do have a few other maxlevel Dragons I use to grind all venues. But i'd suggest to first go with the 2-Fodder build above, as it's the easiest way to grind more money - which you can use for another Elim for example.
Festival grinding isn't too hard and you don't really need a 25 to do so. So that shouldn't be the goal here. Strive high.
>> For Tipps about a whole Team, see Random Info 05) below!

Step 09.)
Fullfilling dreams is one of the last steps, but you should know now why. As I told you above i feel it's more important to care for the whole account, but for small things first.
Which is why you're now able to blast out some cash on things you ever wanted, without having the feeling that it hurts too bad haha.
Do it.
Really.
Go for it. Buy yourself some cool things and celebrate that you've come so so far. You need to take breaks every now and then, so now it's the next break and time to actually buy some things you don't /need/, but want.

Step 10.)
The last step, hurray!
Let's make this a tiny list with some other random tipps you might need on your way :)
- Never sell any festival items right after the event or even during it. Wait at least 3 months to resell anything.
- Don't lowball at any time. Be patient selling your things, it's fine, the money comes in anyways. Try to see everything you have in numbers!
- Don't open eggs when you're new.
While this is a controversal theme, i have to include it anyways, as my /I/ will always tell that it's more important to extend your account, than having an ugly fodder G1 you don't need. Chances are low here, they are extremely low.
- If you're unsure about a price, and item, a dragon, or anything:
ASK.... and compare!
Ask for help in forums, discord, via pm, or anything else. Don't just sell it for weird prices. You can lose a lot of money if you aren't patient.
- Try to avoid common mistakes, like missing a zero, or pricing with "first thought" numbers.
- Micro Holidays give an EXP Bonus of mighty 50% - it might be worth to wait for them and if they're live - USE them! Always.
- Remember to melt stuff for Baldwinerino!
- Keep everything until you really know you can sell without ragrets.
- Gather food in first place, don't scavenge/dig first.
- Sometimes it's worth to take a risk, just don't ragret it.. you at least, tried!
- Do your research and it will safe your butt x)

So,
i guess that was it.
If you have any questions ~ feel free to ask.
My inbox is open for you in any case <3

Love,
~ beeps
Fam's - Muck
Other - Sludge

Wary (15 treasure)
Tolerant (20 treasure)
Relaxed (25 treasure)
Inquisitive (30 treasure)
Companion (35 treasure)
Loyal (45 treasure)
Awakened (50 treasure)

Additional Info:
I'd like to list more random information here, just in case you ever come back and would like to read more. (Let's not talk about the fact that i am forgetful..)

Random Info 01.)
As a newb, you shouldn't ever think that you /have/ to grind in high venues to get good money through items. That's simply wrong. It's indeed nice to be able to grind higher venues, but it's not a 'must' to have a chance on "good" items.
Right now (Sept. '19) it's possible to get the following item in a super low venue:
Delicate Bat Wing
This item has a decent value, as it's needed for hibernal item-trades to open more slots. These hibernal slots are nice for everyone playing this game, which means: everyone needs or will need them sooner or later.
While almost everyone is able to grind the low venue called 'Woodland Path', a lot of people don't (for various reasons, either lazy, or not worth it fodder-wise).
This is your chance to use this for you. You can easily level up some dragons in this venue, maybe even stay a tiny bit longer, while the enemies aren't too hard and it won't take too much time to win those fights. (Remember you'll have a winning streak bonus here with lowlevel dragons)
So either level some of your Perma's for a few level, or even better, prepare fodder (as a Team in a similar levelrange to get the bonus) you can exalt right after.
== Take your time with selling the wings, they're currently up for at least 10g/each [Make sure to compare current values.].
(But be aware, they're not common, you'll still need to do something for them. But this is still a hardmodi'sh guide, right?)

Random Info 02.)
It doesn't matter if you sell your stuff for gems or treasure.
It's sometimes even better to sell for the opposite of what you "need", as prices vary. Always compare to treasure AND gems to figure out where you get more. The base ration is 1:1000, depending on supply and demand this ratio changes slightly.
If you find yourself having "too many" gems, sell these gems for treasure. If you have "too much" treasure, go and buy gems.
I personally sell for the base ratio, but i never buy gems. Again, take your time even with this part of the story, if you bring patience, you can even make profit through this.

Random Info 03.)
Should I....?
Should I invest money during the months of september - november?
- No. Never. Nope nope nope...nein!
Prepare yourself for NOTN instead. Read the Wiki, the Encyclopedia and forums and make sure you know what your shopping-list looks like. Maybe even use one of the offered Spreadsheets or write your own, but make sure you be aware of what you have and what else you need.
Everything else you'll get are spare items, which you can sell way later. (Months later!) So this is basically where you invest into future. NOTN is the event on FR, it's the most amazing thing happening and you will feel the community getting more and more excited the months before it happens. I am sure you will feel that by yourself and it's absolutely reasonable.
> Prepare yourself, get more space, more money, and more of everything else. Read what this event is about and figure out how to gmake money with it ;)
Should I....?
Should I sell Dragon X?
If you ask yourself this question - then yes!
Sell them, exalt them. Try to find something you like for long. If you have any tiny thing you dislike - get rid off them!
When should I....?
When should I buy an Elim?
The best time to buy an Elim is in the two weeks before christmas eve.
Prices will drop over this timespan as people crave for more gold (for Notn) - As a lot of people want to sell, the prices drop. Feel free to stock up!
If you're in the middle of the year, or right after christmas, it's your decision. You can observe the market for a few days to make sure you'll buy when it's slightly less expensive - but if you have the cash on hand, close your eyes and buy it.

Random Info 04.)
Lairspace/Hibernal-Den. Well, both is nice, but as i already stated, try to find a balance with spending money in general. The first hib-item trades are super cheap and even possible as a somewhat Newbie. Try to find a system how you can store dragons which you don't need, but want to keep.
Dragons in general are a huge task, feel free to be really hard on them and on yourself. As a Newbie you tend to take all the dragons, but this will change over your first weeks. Some combos, be it in color and/or genes, aren't rare at all and you can easily replace them in the future, so maybe just exalt those first (remember to level them first). Others have a personal value to you, but you never plan to breed them - those are the perfect candidates for your hib-slots.
As a Tipp: The FR community is one hell of a gang and there are LOTS of people offering help. Reach out and seek help in Hibernal-Threads, where people gift or trade Items to gain more slots. This is a neat group-project-way to gain more room w/o spending much. Here's a nice thread to find all the items you will need until the latest trade is done. Stay strong friend! hehe x)

Random Info 05.)
Can't decide for a team/build in the beginning? Because the mass of guides and whatnot overwhelms you? Worry not, my friend. I have a solution for you!
When I started I tried various builds and somehow had my troubles to find anything what felt like it works for more than a venue or two. The Tipp i can give you is, that you should try to start figuring out what you want to do on maxlevel, not right now. It's obvious that you want to level to 25 now, but remember? Strive high - without ragrets!
Example:
If you want to be active during your flights dom pushes in the end and you would like to level fodder in the end, find yourself some ideal builds for that. If you trust my opinion about the builds, you might want to go with an "Anticitank" in the end, just like linked 'Momos' above. The best step here would be, that you read the guide about that build to figure out (oops spoiler) that a Nature Flight dragon is best as an Anticitank.
That's your hint, your step now would be to make sure you own a Nature Dragon you reaallllyyyyy like, better: Adore this kid so much, that you never want to get rid off of it, as it would be the first Dragon for your Team.
Find two other builds which were perfect for your Dreamgoals!
Want a tank which is able to survive some hits? Don't have the cash for (another) Elim? Well then go and take a look into the "Sedona" build. (Spoiler - Flight doesn't really matter, cool, right?) There you go, second dragon found!
Onto the third one: Want to have a decent and stable Team in the beginning? Better safe than sorry? Well then go grab a heal!
Congrats, you now have a 3 Dragon Team stable enough to grind your way to 25 without troubles x)
(Make sure your Heal has a Flights Element which is useful in the end. For example, the KBK (above) could be a good choice!)
== Attention:
Be aware that you can't use these builds in any lowlevel areas!
Or let's say, you can, but you don't want that.. it'd take waaaay to much time. So feel free to use the Sedona build on all three, or the Culex build for example. That'd be perfectly fine for the low venues, but not in the end! Take these builds as preparation for the future. You can always change builds around, but it's best to stay with a Team of 3 dragons until all of them are 25.
(Oh and, PS: Don't feel forced to use Tinctures for Sedona/Culex, it's fine to leave some Statpoints out for now, you'll be able to reach maxlevel anyways.)

Random Info 06.)
Hibernal Lair. Again!
First off, you have to understand that theres no way around any tasks. If you want to open them, you /have/ to trade in valuable things sooner or later. Prepare yourself for that, find a way to deal with it. I just bought my way through because as I said, theres no other way around it anyways and i knew i wanted those slots.
What you can do to keep the expenses "low", start gathering items right now. Keep what you need to unlock slots. Theres this fantastic list to keep track of it. Theres also a Spreadsheet anywhere to keep track. That's what you should do if you plan to get all the hibernal slots.
A Tipp:
The most annoying trade-ins are the ones for eggs. Yes, that's right, you need to trade in one egg of each flight to unlock a slot. That's costy.. hmm!
During NOTN it's possible to find Nocturne Eggs. They're very easy to find actually and prices will drop for them. Now that's your chance. Set yourself a goal of ~15eggs. Find them, keep them and trade them for Flight-Eggs. Don't accept any other deal but 1:1's. Your Noc egg, for a flight egg. This might take time, but that's perfectly fine as you can grind aaaall the other stuff in the meantime ha!

Random Info 07.)
NOTN again...
It's december and it's slowly time to wrap your head around the Night of Nocturne. It's overwhelming first, I know, but once you're in, you will love it as much as I do.
A lot of items will be super cheap during this time and it's your time to play out your newly gained knowledge.
To not mess up, here's some infos/ideas:
- Remember yourself. Grab one of your dragons and use it's bio to put down some notes for yourself. What do you want to get and keep for yourself?
I for myself want to have a full stack of eggs, 99x eggs in total. That's insane you say? Yup, it is! And it will take a loooooot of time.
- Set your goals the way they are possible for you to reach.
December is the time of family, love and christmas. If you and your family go nuts during this time, you will not have as much time as I do. So how about 20 eggs for now?
- Don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you have already found friends, team up! My two best buds here (shoutout to @kava and @blackjackie) already know my goals and i know theirs. Because i know their goals and they know mine, we're able to support eachother and keep or eyes open for everything we want to have after Notn.
- Gather and craft as many items you can. Keep it all. Don't sell anything of it when Notn is still running - except: Chests!
- The Notn Chests are easier to get as any other Event Chests. You will end up having a lot of them. Figure out if you want to open them by yourself, or sell them as they are. (I opened aaaaaall the chests from my first Notn, but i knew you can gain a lot of cash by selling those. I just preferred to call the whole Notn-Collection my own, but that's something you have to decide by yourself. What i want to say is: Yes you can gain lot's of cash selling Chests, but it's possible to survive (and make cash) opening them all and enjoy the feeling of opening presents during christmas.)
- Don't open eggs. Fine, maybe one of them eheh, but pay attention to the hard mean facts.
Getting a good G1 is rare. Earning the cash the egg is worth, by selling G1s is suuuuper hard. (Eggs are worth 250-300kt before and after Notn.) 'Good' G1's are special eyes, pretty colors and combos (XXY YXX YXY).
- If possible, gather your G1s and keep them. It's hard to figure out what they're worth and it highly depends on people, but blindly selling G1's might end up in ragrets. Oh hold on, NO ragrets! Right? Right. Keep them, stalk forums, ask people for help and - take your time -.

Questions? Feel free to ask.
Most Random Info's are based on questions I got after
writing this thread. So you'd actually help others if you ask :)

You can also find me in D4Y - a project for Newbies and others who need help with their Teams.
You can adopt free level 10 dragons and participate in various Raffles.

We'll be happy to have you over there, too :)

50475342.png
* Derg4You (Free Lvl 10 Dragons + too many Raffles)
* Sales (Just another tab..)
* Mr. Moo's lazy simple Sales (oh gosh pls -.-)
* no rAgrets (How to make Cash/Survive G&G and more)

[b]Glitter and Gloom - very hard - 'In 6 simple steps'[/b] [size=2]Unsure if this mobile friendly, but you can try[/size] [b]First things first: [/b] I am sure , when you read this, you haven't solved G&G yet and are pretty much exhausted and annoyed by it. Take this as your "last try", i am sure you'll understand the game after reading this! [i]Try to relax, take your time, try to read this step by step - don't skip any steps and be patient. This way of solving the 'very hard' puzzle seems to be super confusing even while solving it, so don't worry my friend, that's normal and it'll all make sense in the end.[/i] [b]Resources:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2486926/1]VH Mainthread[/url] [size=1]this is what this is based on, all creds to them[/size] [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sugEgmULqhzzedpo62t92Gdab7gaVMnFmUJGY_1wqLE/edit#gid=0]Spreadsheet[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/play/glimmer-and-gloom]The game itself[/url] [url=https://i.imgur.com/l6sQVsI.png]Image/Grafic[/url] [i]Okay, well then, let's start![/i] [emoji=four leaf clover size=1][b]Step 1[/b] - Open the following pages in the same browser window: Grafic & Spreadsheet - Now open a second window, and open the game. (Minimize both windows, so they're beside eachother - this is to save overall some time.) [emoji=four leaf clover size=1][b]Step 2[/b] Anchore the following rules deep down your mind: -- You always click the 'bottom right' tile of a tile you want to change. -- You change (click) light tiles only. -- You ignore the diagonal bottom right row, and the bottom row when there are tiles left (as they don't have a 'bottom right' tile to click) - You will work like you'd be reading a book: From top left to bottom right. From left, to right. [emoji=four leaf clover size=1][b] Step 3 [/b] Start in row 1, left corner. Find the first light tile in this row - there is none? Find the first light tile in row 2. Now click its bottom right tile - no matter this tiles color. Do this for ALL rows, but those who doesn't have any bottom right tile. [emoji=four leaf clover size=1] [b]Step 4[/b] Now let's NAME the remaining tiles. A light tile is 1 - a shadow tile is 0 [i](A complete code could look like: 10011 0010 The bottom row shows 5 tiles, after that is a space, as the bottom right row has 4 tiles only.)[/i] [emoji=four leaf clover size=1] [b]Step 5 [/b] Prepare to solve the puzzle, by using the Sheet in your 2nd window. Hit 'Strg+F' and type in the code you found. It'll then show you how to solve your puzzle. The solution for the Code above is: R2, R5, D3 > Now it's time to open the grafic linked above! [emoji=four leaf clover size=1][b] Step 6 [/b] Use the solution you find for your [b]own[/b] code - this is just an example! Solve the puzzle, by clicking EACH TILE in R2 (Row 2) - then Row 5 - then Diagonal 5. It looks messy again? Correct! Now do the same steps as above AGAIN - click each bottom right light tile (like reading a book)! Voilà - your puzzle is solved! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Glitter and Gloom - very hard - 'In 6 simple steps'
Unsure if this mobile friendly, but you can try

First things first:
I am sure , when you read this, you haven't solved G&G yet and are pretty much exhausted and annoyed by it. Take this as your "last try", i am sure you'll understand the game after reading this!
Try to relax, take your time, try to read this step by step - don't skip any steps and be patient.
This way of solving the 'very hard' puzzle seems to be super confusing even while solving it, so don't worry my friend, that's normal and it'll all make sense in the end.

Resources:
VH Mainthread this is what this is based on, all creds to them
Spreadsheet
The game itself
Image/Grafic

Okay, well then, let's start!

Step 1
- Open the following pages in the same browser window:
Grafic & Spreadsheet
- Now open a second window, and open the game.
(Minimize both windows, so they're beside eachother - this is to save overall some time.)

Step 2
Anchore the following rules deep down your mind:
-- You always click the 'bottom right' tile of a tile you want to change.
-- You change (click) light tiles only.
-- You ignore the diagonal bottom right row, and the bottom row when there are tiles left (as they don't have a 'bottom right' tile to click)
- You will work like you'd be reading a book:
From top left to bottom right. From left, to right.

Step 3
Start in row 1, left corner. Find the first light tile in this row - there is none? Find the first light tile in row 2.
Now click its bottom right tile - no matter this tiles color.
Do this for ALL rows, but those who doesn't have any bottom right tile.

Step 4
Now let's NAME the remaining tiles.
A light tile is 1 - a shadow tile is 0
(A complete code could look like:
10011 0010
The bottom row shows 5 tiles, after that is a space, as the bottom right row has 4 tiles only.)

Step 5
Prepare to solve the puzzle, by using the Sheet in your 2nd window.
Hit 'Strg+F' and type in the code you found. It'll then show you how to solve your puzzle.
The solution for the Code above is:
R2, R5, D3
> Now it's time to open the grafic linked above!

Step 6
Use the solution you find for your own code - this is just an example!
Solve the puzzle, by clicking EACH TILE in R2 (Row 2) - then Row 5 - then Diagonal 5.

It looks messy again? Correct!
Now do the same steps as above AGAIN - click each bottom right light tile (like reading a book)!

Voilà - your puzzle is solved!
50475342.png

YOU WROTE
THIS ENTIRE THING
FOR ME!?!?!?!?!?
I'M
TOUCHED OMG

OMG THANK YOU

AND THAT GIF HAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA XDDDDD

Wow, this mode is really hardcore!
Also what I got from this is "Don't spend your money until you have stable income." Putting money into the vault and other means of saving in this mode truly is real life's financial management.

For the 10-Drop-Coli Challenge, I supposed I'll avoid that for now, and focus on collecting treasure first. But this one looks really fun, so might start off at Coliseum Level 13 or 14. Ohh noted for the Might and Acuity Fragments! Will finally start using em.
And what the- Didn't know gene drop in Coli is a thing!?!?!? That's hella awesome! Nah Imma keep this gene llD HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And dang, step 3 is really a garbage removal step... hard for A HOARDER LIKE ME AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA.
Quote:
Our goal during this scenario is to get an ancient lair really fast, because it's not hard to get more dragons anyways.
^Will quote this one, and prob will paraphrase and add it to my profile as a daily reminder ToT

That payout sheet is really helpful!!! This will also be bookmarked. This is pretty weird, as I remember exalting a Lvl 1 dragon and got 4kT from it. But the dragons had been in my lair for months.

Ohhh the 2-Fodder Build is really convenient once succeed! Will try this one out! Then try out the others once have a maxlevel dragon.

HAAHAAHAHAAH The tips at the end are really practical. Wow I need to bookmark this too to look back, especially on the Coli guides.
Question:

1) Is it wise to use Might and Acuity Fragments on dragons that will be leveled just to be exalted?

2) Oh yeah, instead of opening those Rusted Treasure Chest, is it wise to upgrade these chest to Golden Chest and vault em?

Thanks bunch for this entire guide! It's really useful and I can already see how much it'll help my future days in FR, especially for Notn //rip got to stock up treasure for that one//
YOU WROTE
THIS ENTIRE THING
FOR ME!?!?!?!?!?
I'M
TOUCHED OMG

OMG THANK YOU

AND THAT GIF HAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA XDDDDD

Wow, this mode is really hardcore!
Also what I got from this is "Don't spend your money until you have stable income." Putting money into the vault and other means of saving in this mode truly is real life's financial management.

For the 10-Drop-Coli Challenge, I supposed I'll avoid that for now, and focus on collecting treasure first. But this one looks really fun, so might start off at Coliseum Level 13 or 14. Ohh noted for the Might and Acuity Fragments! Will finally start using em.
And what the- Didn't know gene drop in Coli is a thing!?!?!? That's hella awesome! Nah Imma keep this gene llD HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And dang, step 3 is really a garbage removal step... hard for A HOARDER LIKE ME AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA.
Quote:
Our goal during this scenario is to get an ancient lair really fast, because it's not hard to get more dragons anyways.
^Will quote this one, and prob will paraphrase and add it to my profile as a daily reminder ToT

That payout sheet is really helpful!!! This will also be bookmarked. This is pretty weird, as I remember exalting a Lvl 1 dragon and got 4kT from it. But the dragons had been in my lair for months.

Ohhh the 2-Fodder Build is really convenient once succeed! Will try this one out! Then try out the others once have a maxlevel dragon.

HAAHAAHAHAAH The tips at the end are really practical. Wow I need to bookmark this too to look back, especially on the Coli guides.
Question:

1) Is it wise to use Might and Acuity Fragments on dragons that will be leveled just to be exalted?

2) Oh yeah, instead of opening those Rusted Treasure Chest, is it wise to upgrade these chest to Golden Chest and vault em?

Thanks bunch for this entire guide! It's really useful and I can already see how much it'll help my future days in FR, especially for Notn //rip got to stock up treasure for that one//
@CilencioCerbera
xD You're welcome ~ Glad you like the gif lol^^

1) Nope!
Dragons you want to exalt don't need stones. As soon as your trainer (level 25 dragon) carries them, they're too slow to be able to take any actions anyways. And an ability you can't/won't use, doesn't needs to be stronger :)
But you can use them on dragons you keep and level up as a Team, before you have the currency to equip them with better stones like beserkers and ambush. Or otherwise (hoard-)sell them, that's absolutely okay as our goal is to get the good stones fast x)

2) That's a pretty good question and i have no idea xD
I assume you talk about the Swipps trade? I'd say it depends on how much the mats cost and how high the value of such a chest (and its loot) is. I don't think i've ever done that before, but I also have to say that i never did my research about that part - oh no!

Again, you're welcome :)
It didn't took too long to write and i thought it might help you (and prolly others) out. Soooo ya, if you have any other questions ~ i'll be here!
@CilencioCerbera
xD You're welcome ~ Glad you like the gif lol^^

1) Nope!
Dragons you want to exalt don't need stones. As soon as your trainer (level 25 dragon) carries them, they're too slow to be able to take any actions anyways. And an ability you can't/won't use, doesn't needs to be stronger :)
But you can use them on dragons you keep and level up as a Team, before you have the currency to equip them with better stones like beserkers and ambush. Or otherwise (hoard-)sell them, that's absolutely okay as our goal is to get the good stones fast x)

2) That's a pretty good question and i have no idea xD
I assume you talk about the Swipps trade? I'd say it depends on how much the mats cost and how high the value of such a chest (and its loot) is. I don't think i've ever done that before, but I also have to say that i never did my research about that part - oh no!

Again, you're welcome :)
It didn't took too long to write and i thought it might help you (and prolly others) out. Soooo ya, if you have any other questions ~ i'll be here!
50475342.png

Ohh noted!

Ayy yes, it's about Swipp's trade
Seems like it requires
- Rusted Treasure Chest x3
- Gold Ore x5
if not mistaken, to obtain one Gilded Decorative Chest.

Ayy thanks again for being so helpful! I'll be sure to ask yah if any question pops out ^^
Ohh noted!

Ayy yes, it's about Swipp's trade
Seems like it requires
- Rusted Treasure Chest x3
- Gold Ore x5
if not mistaken, to obtain one Gilded Decorative Chest.

Ayy thanks again for being so helpful! I'll be sure to ask yah if any question pops out ^^
@beepboopitsme
@CilencioCerbera

Thank you so much for this guide.
When leveling fodder, I put stat points into vit for the fodder if I get kicked out of the mire. That way they can last longer. Will definitely check out your GLR. Dragon.

Most of the time, I like to use Jade (mire flyer build) to level fodder and a future level 25 at the same time. Takes longer to train a bunch of fodder, but you don't notice the long grind of the future 25 when one level is always zipping along.
@beepboopitsme
@CilencioCerbera

Thank you so much for this guide.
When leveling fodder, I put stat points into vit for the fodder if I get kicked out of the mire. That way they can last longer. Will definitely check out your GLR. Dragon.

Most of the time, I like to use Jade (mire flyer build) to level fodder and a future level 25 at the same time. Takes longer to train a bunch of fodder, but you don't notice the long grind of the future 25 when one level is always zipping along.
ddld6dc.png
@8Spitfire8 Ohhh true, nice move on putting the points onto vit!!! Thanks for sharing your tip!!
@8Spitfire8 Ohhh true, nice move on putting the points onto vit!!! Thanks for sharing your tip!!
@8Spitfire8
@CilencioCerbera
Just to inform you, i've added a second build i'd suggest beside the Anticitank. I forgot about the stacking bonus during micro holidays, so i feel it's worth to point out. (Even if I use the GLR build most.)

And it's surely nice to level a future level 25 beside fodder, and it's indeed nice and less pain to level one along, but it's ofc not the best way to grind money.

A lot of the coli things are personal preferences and most are very close to eachother when it comes to maximizing time/payout, be it levelling, or grind. So what I do isn't the best way for everyone, but it is for me in this minute. It might change again, who knows, but i feel one of these builds is a great way to start, as you can carry two other dragons to 25 or to level fodder to make some moneyz.
(Let's pretend you buy a level 25 - or win one - i'd always suggest a 2-Fodder build, at least until you've maxed out two other dergs ;3)
And as soon as you own a full team, i'd always suggest to play a bit around and see how different builds work out to get a own, personal, opinion.
@8Spitfire8
@CilencioCerbera
Just to inform you, i've added a second build i'd suggest beside the Anticitank. I forgot about the stacking bonus during micro holidays, so i feel it's worth to point out. (Even if I use the GLR build most.)

And it's surely nice to level a future level 25 beside fodder, and it's indeed nice and less pain to level one along, but it's ofc not the best way to grind money.

A lot of the coli things are personal preferences and most are very close to eachother when it comes to maximizing time/payout, be it levelling, or grind. So what I do isn't the best way for everyone, but it is for me in this minute. It might change again, who knows, but i feel one of these builds is a great way to start, as you can carry two other dragons to 25 or to level fodder to make some moneyz.
(Let's pretend you buy a level 25 - or win one - i'd always suggest a 2-Fodder build, at least until you've maxed out two other dergs ;3)
And as soon as you own a full team, i'd always suggest to play a bit around and see how different builds work out to get a own, personal, opinion.
50475342.png

Would you say it's generally worth waiting to expand your lair once expansions cost more than ~100kt if your flight doesn't have dom?

I ask because that's the route I've sorta taken. I have 2.3mil saved since Thundercrack, which is the last time Lightning had dom, but I literally joined that week so I don't have much lair space and instead have been working on alternating grinding a Mire Flyer (should finish him this weekend!) and grinding hibden items with my S U P E R slow first team.
Would you say it's generally worth waiting to expand your lair once expansions cost more than ~100kt if your flight doesn't have dom?

I ask because that's the route I've sorta taken. I have 2.3mil saved since Thundercrack, which is the last time Lightning had dom, but I literally joined that week so I don't have much lair space and instead have been working on alternating grinding a Mire Flyer (should finish him this weekend!) and grinding hibden items with my S U P E R slow first team.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
@LordJeanliness
Well, Lightning is a flight which isn't that active in dom all together, so i personally wouldn't want to wait for too long, but it's worth to wait in general.

I think i'd do my best to sort out my lair being hard on myself and the dragons. Try to find out which ones you really badly want to keep or which might be easy to replace if you have more room. Some color/gene patterns are common and you'll find such dragons again.
I found it easier to undress all of them and see if I /still/ like them after a while, your view on them will change over time and theres no need to have bad feelings getting rid off some.

When theres any part you dislike, level and exalt them, even if it's only an eye color not matching the colors for example. That could be at least a way to have a little more room until the next dom.

I've seen you have a whole bunch of fodder stored in your hib. I'd suggest to exalt some of them after levelling them and to store your Perma's in your hib, or let's say - at least the ones you don't breed, as they have no other reason to be there/eating/taking space and it could help to get along.

Maybe that's a way you can kind of survive until your next dom, without spending the whole amount of cash for expansions :/
@LordJeanliness
Well, Lightning is a flight which isn't that active in dom all together, so i personally wouldn't want to wait for too long, but it's worth to wait in general.

I think i'd do my best to sort out my lair being hard on myself and the dragons. Try to find out which ones you really badly want to keep or which might be easy to replace if you have more room. Some color/gene patterns are common and you'll find such dragons again.
I found it easier to undress all of them and see if I /still/ like them after a while, your view on them will change over time and theres no need to have bad feelings getting rid off some.

When theres any part you dislike, level and exalt them, even if it's only an eye color not matching the colors for example. That could be at least a way to have a little more room until the next dom.

I've seen you have a whole bunch of fodder stored in your hib. I'd suggest to exalt some of them after levelling them and to store your Perma's in your hib, or let's say - at least the ones you don't breed, as they have no other reason to be there/eating/taking space and it could help to get along.

Maybe that's a way you can kind of survive until your next dom, without spending the whole amount of cash for expansions :/
50475342.png

1 2 3