Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | MOVED
1 2 3

The short version on what it can do to make your life easier
A tool to that helps you finding a mate for your lonely dragons.
It generates auction house links, forum cards and the tool itself makes it possible to let mate-sellers compare their dragons with yours! It can also be used for finding dragons for your projects.
Oh and to make it even better there is a very active crying workshop implemented.

What it can't and will never be able to do
Get current AH listings and buy dragons for you. Same with dragons only listed in forums. It also can't directly scrape data from FR in general, because that's against TOs :c You still have to search yourself, but now you can let sellers search alongside you and can directly communicate your requirements in an organized way.

Why would I need a tool for my mate search?
Let's assume you have a lot of dragons in search for a mate (like I have) and each of them has requirements that you like to see fulfilled. Would you like to write everything by hand, look up every gene rarity, check which colors are close to the one your lonely army has? Maybe, for the sake of your dragons. But then you get offers and have to check each and every requirement against what the offers has? Again and again!
Well certainly not me! That's why and how this tool was born!

How the tool is organized
It is mainly split into two major parts.
The first one is the big section that is intended to be used by the owner of the sheet - you. This includes all sheets except the MATCH CHECKER.
The MATCH CHECKER is sort of special since it is intended for people who could offer mates for your dragons. With it they can compare their dragons with yours and see if the requirements fit.
This means the tool is supposed to be set to public and editable.
If you want to use the full functionality at least.

The shared sheet here is protected. You need to make a copy of it to edit it.
A test version aka the thing I actually use in my buy-thread can be accessed and toyed with here.

How it works (the very short version)
What you need is a link from the scrying workshop morphology tool here from FR. Either the direct link or better the image link. Insert that link where it's supposed to be pasted (marked) and it fetches all the data from your dragon.
Afterwards you can set the requirements.
After setting the requirements you can paste the Seeker Join string in the Search Data sheet. It will split the string and the resulting row of cells can be copy pasted into one of the empty rows.
The Match Checker also works with scrying links only. It compares one of the dragons you saved in the Search Data table with the provided scry link.

Mess around if something is too confusing hit me a message :D

I'm confused
Every big sheet has instructions and maybe ?-help notes on how to use stuff.
Though it is still big and confusing, that is true. And it's not helpful that I'm pretty bad at explaining stuff :'D

I do update the sheet and check for errors every once in a while. Feel free to let yourself be put on a pinglist for updates!

I also can help you if you have a problem no matter what version you use. The older though the longer it may take me to figure out the problem.

If you have questions, suggestions, critique etc. feel free to to let me know :)
I really appreciate any kind of feedback I can get!

Update log:
27th April 19 - fix for wrongly calculated colors in the Match Checker sheet
20th May 19 - fix for missing color ranges in the Requirement Setter sheet
13th June 19 - revamping to work with scry urls instead of IDs, implementation of the ancient system, small bug fixes
22nd June 19 - fixed the error where moderns generated mates with Gao genes, the REF sheet with all the background data (genes, colors etc.) is now bound to my private version of the sheet and updates automatically! Also now you can set the upper and lower range of colors separately. Morphology link generators where added everywhere
27nd June 19 - correction of a small mistake regarding the AH link generation and the color ranges
12th August 19 - correction of AH link generation, genes, anicent/modern and the color ranges. Addition of BBCodes in the Match Checker
22nd Nov 19 - Fade/Blend was added to the REF-tab of the sheet
10th Dec 19 - Banescale breed and all corresponding genes were added
11th Dec 19 - Options to only search for Gen1s were added. A link gen for searches (not in the AH) was added. Experimental project settings were added and a huge part of the coding rewritten.
7th Jan 20 - Gao Fans and Banescale Underbelly genes were added. Small cosmetic update if a morphology link was provided instead of an image link.
4th Feb 20 - The Banescale gene Sugarplum was added as "cheap" and suited for breeding projects

The short version on what it can do to make your life easier
A tool to that helps you finding a mate for your lonely dragons.
It generates auction house links, forum cards and the tool itself makes it possible to let mate-sellers compare their dragons with yours! It can also be used for finding dragons for your projects.
Oh and to make it even better there is a very active crying workshop implemented.

What it can't and will never be able to do
Get current AH listings and buy dragons for you. Same with dragons only listed in forums. It also can't directly scrape data from FR in general, because that's against TOs :c You still have to search yourself, but now you can let sellers search alongside you and can directly communicate your requirements in an organized way.

Why would I need a tool for my mate search?
Let's assume you have a lot of dragons in search for a mate (like I have) and each of them has requirements that you like to see fulfilled. Would you like to write everything by hand, look up every gene rarity, check which colors are close to the one your lonely army has? Maybe, for the sake of your dragons. But then you get offers and have to check each and every requirement against what the offers has? Again and again!
Well certainly not me! That's why and how this tool was born!

How the tool is organized
It is mainly split into two major parts.
The first one is the big section that is intended to be used by the owner of the sheet - you. This includes all sheets except the MATCH CHECKER.
The MATCH CHECKER is sort of special since it is intended for people who could offer mates for your dragons. With it they can compare their dragons with yours and see if the requirements fit.
This means the tool is supposed to be set to public and editable.
If you want to use the full functionality at least.

The shared sheet here is protected. You need to make a copy of it to edit it.
A test version aka the thing I actually use in my buy-thread can be accessed and toyed with here.

How it works (the very short version)
What you need is a link from the scrying workshop morphology tool here from FR. Either the direct link or better the image link. Insert that link where it's supposed to be pasted (marked) and it fetches all the data from your dragon.
Afterwards you can set the requirements.
After setting the requirements you can paste the Seeker Join string in the Search Data sheet. It will split the string and the resulting row of cells can be copy pasted into one of the empty rows.
The Match Checker also works with scrying links only. It compares one of the dragons you saved in the Search Data table with the provided scry link.

Mess around if something is too confusing hit me a message :D

I'm confused
Every big sheet has instructions and maybe ?-help notes on how to use stuff.
Though it is still big and confusing, that is true. And it's not helpful that I'm pretty bad at explaining stuff :'D

I do update the sheet and check for errors every once in a while. Feel free to let yourself be put on a pinglist for updates!

I also can help you if you have a problem no matter what version you use. The older though the longer it may take me to figure out the problem.

If you have questions, suggestions, critique etc. feel free to to let me know :)
I really appreciate any kind of feedback I can get!

Update log:
27th April 19 - fix for wrongly calculated colors in the Match Checker sheet
20th May 19 - fix for missing color ranges in the Requirement Setter sheet
13th June 19 - revamping to work with scry urls instead of IDs, implementation of the ancient system, small bug fixes
22nd June 19 - fixed the error where moderns generated mates with Gao genes, the REF sheet with all the background data (genes, colors etc.) is now bound to my private version of the sheet and updates automatically! Also now you can set the upper and lower range of colors separately. Morphology link generators where added everywhere
27nd June 19 - correction of a small mistake regarding the AH link generation and the color ranges
12th August 19 - correction of AH link generation, genes, anicent/modern and the color ranges. Addition of BBCodes in the Match Checker
22nd Nov 19 - Fade/Blend was added to the REF-tab of the sheet
10th Dec 19 - Banescale breed and all corresponding genes were added
11th Dec 19 - Options to only search for Gen1s were added. A link gen for searches (not in the AH) was added. Experimental project settings were added and a huge part of the coding rewritten.
7th Jan 20 - Gao Fans and Banescale Underbelly genes were added. Small cosmetic update if a morphology link was provided instead of an image link.
4th Feb 20 - The Banescale gene Sugarplum was added as "cheap" and suited for breeding projects
Noctua_Link_Item.png BS31-1.pngBS32-1.pngBS33-1.png
BS31-2.pngBS32-2.pngBS33-2.png
BS31-3.pngBS32-3.pngBS33-3.png
BS31-4.pngBS32-4.pngBS33-4.png
MMIcon.png
[center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uRddPrql1iEFRRGI4B-CtmrZon44zwSQMyVcKqt7m-s/edit?usp=sharing][font=Century Gothic][size=5][size=5]Pingu's Mate Search Helper[/size][/size][/font][/url] [size=2](clickable headline)[/size] [size=3][b]Examples for the AH link and forum card[/b][/size] We will use [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50258914]this dragon[/url] for the demonstration ~[/center] The link and BBCode were generated after the requirements for the dragon were set. ----- http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_gender=0&d_breed=12%2C10&d_bodygene=14%2C17%2C22%2C5%2C15%2C8%2C20%2C23%2C24%2C25&d_body=176&d_winggene=17%2C20%2C9%2C15%2C16%2C22%2C23%2C25%2C24&d_wings=176&d_tertgene=18%2C1%2C6%2C20%2C10%2C17%2C14%2C19%2C7%2C8%2C12%2C21%2C23&d_tert=1%2C163%2C97%2C2%2C74%2C3%2C131%2C4%2C5%2C146 ----- [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50258914][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=25&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=20&winggene=24&wings=176&auth=b57d54f4edb0c4b4f052eeb6f90b6d197b7fdf20&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Kanashimi[/b] | 50258914[br /][br /][columns]Female[br /]Eldritch[br /]Eldritch[br /]Moon[nextcol][color=transparent]|[br /]|[br /]|[br /]|[/color][nextcol]Wildclaw[br /]Lionfish[br /]Noxtide[br /]Ghost[nextcol][color=transparent]|[br /]|[br /]|[br /]|[/color][nextcol](Rare)[br /](Uncommon)[br /](Uncommon)[br /](Uncommon)[/columns]-----[i]Searching for:[/i] [b]Male[/b][br /][br /][b]Breed:[/b][br /][i]Rare only[/i][br /]Coatl, Wildclaw[br /][br /][b]Primary:[/b][br /]Eldritch only[br /][i]Uncommon - Rare[/i][br /]Jupiter, Metallic, Pinstripe, Ripple, Skink, Vipera, Wasp, Python, Starmap, Lionfish[br /][br /][b]Secondary:[/b][br /]Eldritch only[br /][i]Uncommon - Rare[/i][br /]Alloy, Bee, Hypnotic, Saturn, Spinner, Trail, Morph, Constellation, Noxtide[br /][br /][b]Tertiary:[/b][br /]Maize, Cream, Antique, White, Moon, Ice, Orca, Platinum, Silver, Dust[br /][i]Uncommon - Rare[/i][br /]Capsule, Circuit, Crackle, Ghost, Glimmer, Opal, Runes, Smirch, Smoke, Spines, Stained, Filigree, Ringlets[br /][br /][/columns]
Pingu's Mate Search Helper
(clickable headline)

Examples for the AH link and forum card

We will use this dragon for the demonstration ~
The link and BBCode were generated after the requirements for the dragon were set.

http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_gender=0&d_breed=12%2C10&d_bodygene=14%2C17%2C22%2C5%2C15%2C8%2C20%2C23%2C24%2C25&d_body=176&d_winggene=17%2C20%2C9%2C15%2C16%2C22%2C23%2C25%2C24&d_wings=176&d_tertgene=18%2C1%2C6%2C20%2C10%2C17%2C14%2C19%2C7%2C8%2C12%2C21%2C23&d_tert=1%2C163%2C97%2C2%2C74%2C3%2C131%2C4%2C5%2C146

dragon?age=1&body=176&bodygene=25&breed=10&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=20&winggene=24&wings=176&auth=b57d54f4edb0c4b4f052eeb6f90b6d197b7fdf20&dummyext=prev.png Kanashimi | 50258914

Female
Eldritch
Eldritch
Moon
|
|
|
|
Wildclaw
Lionfish
Noxtide
Ghost
|
|
|
|
(Rare)
(Uncommon)
(Uncommon)
(Uncommon)

Searching for: Male

Breed:
Rare only
Coatl, Wildclaw

Primary:
Eldritch only
Uncommon - Rare
Jupiter, Metallic, Pinstripe, Ripple, Skink, Vipera, Wasp, Python, Starmap, Lionfish

Secondary:
Eldritch only
Uncommon - Rare
Alloy, Bee, Hypnotic, Saturn, Spinner, Trail, Morph, Constellation, Noxtide

Tertiary:
Maize, Cream, Antique, White, Moon, Ice, Orca, Platinum, Silver, Dust
Uncommon - Rare
Capsule, Circuit, Crackle, Ghost, Glimmer, Opal, Runes, Smirch, Smoke, Spines, Stained, Filigree, Ringlets

MMIcon.png
@wooferdill self pinging because I NEED THIS. Great work Pingu!!
@wooferdill self pinging because I NEED THIS. Great work Pingu!!
Noctua_Link_Small.png
I should probably subscribe to my own thread :'D

Thanks Woof ;)
I should probably subscribe to my own thread :'D

Thanks Woof ;)
MMIcon.png
I'm willing to give this a shot.. I always have projects and seeking colors at the very least.. >w>
I'm willing to give this a shot.. I always have projects and seeking colors at the very least.. >w>
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@Rosekitten @Wooferdill

Glad to hear!

A small note, I had to correct a small bug in the Match Checker sheet where colors were calculated wrong <.< In case you already copied the previous version, you have to replace the sheet >.<
@Rosekitten @Wooferdill

Glad to hear!

A small note, I had to correct a small bug in the Match Checker sheet where colors were calculated wrong <.< In case you already copied the previous version, you have to replace the sheet >.<
MMIcon.png
thanks for the heads up :3
thanks for the heads up :3
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
Update:

Color ranges in the requirement setter sheet were incorrect and missing. About half of the color ranges needed a flip.
For example if you had a dragon with Pearl a range of +/-5 would be from Wine to Moon. But only the range from Pearl to Wine was visible and the one from Pearl to Moon not. Now the full range can be accessed in case you only want to select very specific colors.
Update:

Color ranges in the requirement setter sheet were incorrect and missing. About half of the color ranges needed a flip.
For example if you had a dragon with Pearl a range of +/-5 would be from Wine to Moon. But only the range from Pearl to Wine was visible and the one from Pearl to Moon not. Now the full range can be accessed in case you only want to select very specific colors.
MMIcon.png
Update:

The import of dragons was fixed and the Gaoler stuff was added. BUT the ancient system is not fully integrated in the sheet so it will suggest Gaolers when working with Moderns and vice versa. I need to think about how to implement that logically.

I also had to change a bit in the internal coding to allow the import of genes with more than one word. "Eye Spots", "Giraffe (Gaoler)" etc.

So this is just a Hotfix for now!
Update:

The import of dragons was fixed and the Gaoler stuff was added. BUT the ancient system is not fully integrated in the sheet so it will suggest Gaolers when working with Moderns and vice versa. I need to think about how to implement that logically.

I also had to change a bit in the internal coding to allow the import of genes with more than one word. "Eye Spots", "Giraffe (Gaoler)" etc.

So this is just a Hotfix for now!
MMIcon.png
Update:

The import of dragons was completely switched to scrying link scraping. That's safer for all of us. Doesn't generate traffic and you can play with saved scrys!
The dress room dummy pitures are now used in case you copy pasted the direct morphology link instead of the image link (yeah you can use both! and why do Gaolers have dress room dummies?)

The Ancient system is fully implemented and works! Future ancient breeds should be compatible as well.

A lot of background code changed, so if you use this tool better make a new copy :) The tab SEARCH DATA got a new column for ancient/modern. Be careful when pasting data from an old version to the new one.

Please keep in mind:
Small updates like new genes etc. still need to be added manually.

Let me know if you find errors or have suggestions :)
Update:

The import of dragons was completely switched to scrying link scraping. That's safer for all of us. Doesn't generate traffic and you can play with saved scrys!
The dress room dummy pitures are now used in case you copy pasted the direct morphology link instead of the image link (yeah you can use both! and why do Gaolers have dress room dummies?)

The Ancient system is fully implemented and works! Future ancient breeds should be compatible as well.

A lot of background code changed, so if you use this tool better make a new copy :) The tab SEARCH DATA got a new column for ancient/modern. Be careful when pasting data from an old version to the new one.

Please keep in mind:
Small updates like new genes etc. still need to be added manually.

Let me know if you find errors or have suggestions :)
MMIcon.png
1 2 3