Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | GLR - Disciplined Devotee - 2 Fodder
This build does NOT use Eliminate

After making my meditate + eliminate builds, I've started making non-eliminate builds for various venues, and this is a 2 fodder trainer for the Ghostlight Ruins.

This build is also a bit special since it lacks expensive stones (eliminate, rally, haste, or ambush), and the price of all the stones it requires is roughly 13kt or 14g (43kt after buying a tincture). I wanted to make a build that anyone with a 25 could afford, and that could be changed to a different build without losing any expensive stones. A build for new players.

As such, this build is going to be a lot slower than using a build with eliminate. It can take 1-2 minutes per battle, but a win is a win.

The cost to buy the stones needed for this build is under 15kt/15g (add another 30kt for a tincture).

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)

Fire discord - For helping me stay out of trouble ;)

This build does NOT use Eliminate

After making my meditate + eliminate builds, I've started making non-eliminate builds for various venues, and this is a 2 fodder trainer for the Ghostlight Ruins.

This build is also a bit special since it lacks expensive stones (eliminate, rally, haste, or ambush), and the price of all the stones it requires is roughly 13kt or 14g (43kt after buying a tincture). I wanted to make a build that anyone with a 25 could afford, and that could be changed to a different build without losing any expensive stones. A build for new players.

As such, this build is going to be a lot slower than using a build with eliminate. It can take 1-2 minutes per battle, but a win is a win.

The cost to buy the stones needed for this build is under 15kt/15g (add another 30kt for a tincture).

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)

Fire discord - For helping me stay out of trouble ;)

Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
[columns] [b]Stats:[/b] STR AGI DEF QCK [nextcol] 5 8 40 100 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] INT VIT MND [nextcol] 55 31 46 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] [b]Stones:[/b] Meditate Contuse Scholar Discipline [nextcol] Regeneration Scholar Discipline [nextcol] Concentration Scholar [nextcol] Bolster [/columns] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/TYJx5rSr/Disciplined-Devotee.png[/img] The reasoning for the stats is as follows: Int 55 (85 with concentration) allows for 348 or 522 regen (depending on the number of turns you get) between enemy attacks, and you can kill all the enemies in 6 hits. Higher Int would be nice, but the other stats are pretty important. Qck 100 lets the Devotee take 2-3 turns between the enemy which allows a nice amount of health regen. Vit 31 is a decent health pool, but still feels a bit squishy. Def 40 (70 with bolster) decreases incoming melee attacks by a lot allowing regeneration to heal all the (melee) damage taken. Mnd 46 is as high as I want to go while still protecting some against mages.
Stats:
STR
AGI
DEF
QCK

|
|
|
|

INT
VIT
MND

|
|
|
|
Stones:
Meditate
Contuse
Scholar
Discipline

Regeneration
Scholar
Discipline

Concentration
Scholar
Bolster

Disciplined-Devotee.png

The reasoning for the stats is as follows:
Int 55 (85 with concentration) allows for 348 or 522 regen (depending on the number of turns you get) between enemy attacks, and you can kill all the enemies in 6 hits. Higher Int would be nice, but the other stats are pretty important.

Qck 100 lets the Devotee take 2-3 turns between the enemy which allows a nice amount of health regen.

Vit 31 is a decent health pool, but still feels a bit squishy.

Def 40 (70 with bolster) decreases incoming melee attacks by a lot allowing regeneration to heal all the (melee) damage taken.

Mnd 46 is as high as I want to go while still protecting some against mages.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element. I'll only count the mage enemies for this because melee damage is decreased due to the Devotee's high Def (this includes their elemental attacks). *If anyone would like me to include another chart that includes the melee enemies, let me know. My scale will be Great, Good, and Doable. [b][u]NOTE:[/u][/b] The rankings in for this build/venue are fairly important. I tested this with a shadow dragon, but I wasn't fighting many Light or Arcane mages because of RNG. Picking an element that has less enemies that are strong against it is best since it can withstand normal normal strength mages alright. Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, but melee and mage enemies both have the needed time to build up their breath. However, your Def protects against the melee elemental attacks (and some melee enemies use the mage attacks which only does 1-2 damage), so this will only take the mage enemies into account for picking your trainer's element. [b]# Strong Elem[/b] is how many enemy elements are strong versus the element (deal more damage to your dragon) [b]# Weak Elem[/b] is how many enemy elements are weak versus the element (deal less damage to your dragon) [columns] [b]Element[/b] Arcane Earth Fire Ice Light Lightning Nature Plague Shadow Water Wind [nextcol] |[b]Rank[/b] |Bad |Terrible |Doable |Bad |Bad |Bad |Great |Doable |Bad |Good |Bad [nextcol] |[b]# Weak Elem[/b] |1 |0 |1 |0 |1 |1 |2 |1 |1 |1 |1 [nextcol] |[b]# Strong Elem[/b] |2 |2 |1 |1 |2 |2 |0 |1 |2 |0 |2 [/columns] ----- If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst [b]1st (Great):[/b] Nature [b]2nd (Good):[/b] Water [b]3rd (Doable):[/b] Fire Plague [b]4th (Bad):[/b] Arcane Ice Light Lightning Shadow Wind [b]5th (Terrible):[/b] Earth ----- Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what [img]http://i.imgur.com/lLliwWS.png[/img]
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element. I'll only count the mage enemies for this because melee damage is decreased due to the Devotee's high Def (this includes their elemental attacks).

*If anyone would like me to include another chart that includes the melee enemies, let me know.

My scale will be Great, Good, and Doable.

NOTE: The rankings in for this build/venue are fairly important. I tested this with a shadow dragon, but I wasn't fighting many Light or Arcane mages because of RNG. Picking an element that has less enemies that are strong against it is best since it can withstand normal normal strength mages alright.

Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, but melee and mage enemies both have the needed time to build up their breath. However, your Def protects against the melee elemental attacks (and some melee enemies use the mage attacks which only does 1-2 damage), so this will only take the mage enemies into account for picking your trainer's element.

# Strong Elem is how many enemy elements are strong versus the element (deal more damage to your dragon)
# Weak Elem is how many enemy elements are weak versus the element (deal less damage to your dragon)

Element
Arcane
Earth
Fire
Ice
Light
Lightning
Nature
Plague
Shadow
Water
Wind
|Rank
|Bad
|Terrible
|Doable
|Bad
|Bad
|Bad
|Great
|Doable
|Bad
|Good
|Bad
|# Weak Elem
|# Strong Elem

If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst

1st (Great):
Nature

2nd (Good):
Water

3rd (Doable):
Fire
Plague

4th (Bad):
Arcane
Ice
Light
Lightning
Shadow
Wind

5th (Terrible):
Earth

Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what
lLliwWS.png
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
With this build running at it's best, your Devotee will take a TON of damage, but you should be able to regen it your HP about as fast as you take damage due to your high Qck.

Mages:
Aer Phantom
Longneck Scholar
Longneck Medium
Lux Spectre
Otherworldly Aura
Somber Spirit
Wind
Nature
Neutral
Light
Arcane
Shadow

Melee:
Carrioncorn
Greybeak Reaper
Infestation Hound
Nightmare
Pronghorn Stomper
Shatterbone Vulture
Tatterwing Carcass
Tengu Caller
Wendigo
Wraith Hound
Neutral
Neutral
Plague
Fire
Water
Lightning
Shadow
Shadow
Earth
Lightning
With this build running at it's best, your Devotee will take a TON of damage, but you should be able to regen it your HP about as fast as you take damage due to your high Qck.

Mages:
Aer Phantom
Longneck Scholar
Longneck Medium
Lux Spectre
Otherworldly Aura
Somber Spirit
Wind
Nature
Neutral
Light
Arcane
Shadow

Melee:
Carrioncorn
Greybeak Reaper
Infestation Hound
Nightmare
Pronghorn Stomper
Shatterbone Vulture
Tatterwing Carcass
Tengu Caller
Wendigo
Wraith Hound
Neutral
Neutral
Plague
Fire
Water
Lightning
Shadow
Shadow
Earth
Lightning
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Bolster (targeting Devotee)
-Enemy Turn-
3) Concentration (targeting Devotee)
4) *Regeneration (targeting Devotee)
-Enemy Turn-
5) Meditate
6) **Contuse

*If you haven't taken much damage, you might want to use Regeneration after Contuse so that you can maximize your regeneration.

**This is assuming you have enough breath to cast Contuse, otherwise you'll need to cast Meditate again.

OR

First Battle (Against 3 Mages):
1) Meditate
2) Meditate
-Enemy Turn-
4) Regeneration (targeting Devotee)
-Enemy Turn-
5) Contuse

There's a 75% change you'll generate 60 breath with the first Meditate, but don't worry if you don't, your hp regen should be able to keep up with the enemy damage. Just remember to use Contuse as soon as possible because it lowers one of the enemy's damage output helping you survive.

Be sure to end the battle with as much health and breath as you can. You should be full hp and 102 (cost of Contuse) breath.

Second Battle:
1) Concentration (targeting Devotee)
2) Contuse
-Enemy Turn-
3) Regeneration (targeting Devotee)
4) Contuse (targeting Devotee)

Be sure to end the battle with as much health and breath as you can. You should be full hp and 102 (cost of Contuse) breath.

Enemy Attack Order:
Hit the mages and enemies that are strong against your element. Mage attacks deal more damage by default, and not having Ward means you can't increase your Mnd anymore like you can with Bolster and your defense to bring down the attack damage. Because of this, you really do want to focus the mages (especially Longneck Mediums because Contuse and Aid are annoying).

Bolster Usage:
Bolster is not needed against mages since a higher Def doesn't decrease magic damage. I still use it against groups of 2 mages and 1 melee, but just casting more Contuses would also be beneficial by killing the damage dealers.

Casting bolster is no longer needed once you're down to one enemy and your Devotee is near full health (unless you're versing a boss).

Regeneration Usage:
You can sometimes skip this for a turn to gain more breath or kill a target, just be aware of where your health is before skipping it for a turn.

You can also use Regeneration on the second turn when you have 2 in a row if you have high health. This allows you to get more turns with the effect before needing to cast it again.

Refresh:
There isn't really a set time when you have to refresh, but starting on groups of 4 or 3 mages that are strong against your element are times where you do need to refresh, and those groups are more RNG whether you can beat them or not (it seemed doable in my testing, but I was making mistakes that caused the battles to be harder than they needed to be).

Refreshing will be something you get used to as you use the build more.

Dodge:
Dodging isn't very bad unless you're versing a group of 4 or 3 mages because you really need those enemies to die. If they dodge when you're at low health, you might want to consider refreshing.
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Bolster (targeting Devotee)
-Enemy Turn-
4) *Regeneration (targeting Devotee)
-Enemy Turn-
5) Meditate
6) **Contuse

*If you haven't taken much damage, you might want to use Regeneration after Contuse so that you can maximize your regeneration.

**This is assuming you have enough breath to cast Contuse, otherwise you'll need to cast Meditate again.

OR

First Battle (Against 3 Mages):
1) Meditate
2) Meditate
-Enemy Turn-
4) Regeneration (targeting Devotee)
-Enemy Turn-
5) Contuse

There's a 75% change you'll generate 60 breath with the first Meditate, but don't worry if you don't, your hp regen should be able to keep up with the enemy damage. Just remember to use Contuse as soon as possible because it lowers one of the enemy's damage output helping you survive.

Second Battle:
1) Concentration (targeting Devotee)
2) Contuse
-Enemy Turn-
3) Regeneration (targeting Devotee)
4) Contuse (targeting Devotee)

Enemy Attack Order:
Hit the mages and enemies that are strong against your element. Mage attacks deal more damage by default, and not having Ward means you can't increase your Mnd anymore like you can with Bolster and your defense to bring down the attack damage. Because of this, you really do want to focus the mages (especially Longneck Mediums because Contuse and Aid are annoying).

Bolster Usage:
Bolster is not needed against mages since a higher Def doesn't decrease magic damage. I still use it against groups of 2 mages and 1 melee, but just casting more Contuses would also be beneficial by killing the damage dealers.

Casting bolster is no longer needed once you're down to one enemy and your Devotee is near full health (unless you're versing a boss).

Regeneration Usage:
You can sometimes skip this for a turn to gain more breath or kill a target, just be aware of where your health is before skipping it for a turn.

You can also use Regeneration on the second turn when you have 2 in a row if you have high health. This allows you to get more turns with the effect before needing to cast it again.

Refresh:
There isn't really a set time when you have to refresh, but starting on groups of 4 or 3 mages that are strong against your element are times where you do need to refresh, and those groups are more RNG whether you can beat them or not (it seemed doable in my testing, but I was making mistakes that caused the battles to be harder than they needed to be).

Refreshing will be something you get used to as you use the build more.

Dodge:
Dodging isn't very bad unless you're versing a group of 4 or 3 mages because you really need those enemies to die. If they dodge when you're at low health, you might want to consider refreshing.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
*NOTE:* You should never try starting on a group of mages that are strong against your Devotee's element: they will deal too much damage that you won't be able to regen, and they will remain a problem in later battles as well.

3 Mages
First battle: You can start on these, but they're harder than melee groups.
Later Battles: These are still difficult.

2 Mages + 1 Melee
First Battle: You can start on these, but they're not the easiest.
Later Battles: These are fairly easy later on.

1 Mages + 2 Melee
First Battle: You can start on these, but focus the mage.
Later Battle: These are fairly easy later on.

2 Mages + 2 Melee
First Battle: You really shouldn't start with these groups.
Later Battles: These can still be difficult later on.

3 Melee
First Battle: These are one of the best groups to start on because of your high Def.
Later battles: These groups are very easy later on.

Bosses:
First Battle: These are the best group to start on. Bosses don't get many turns, and they don't do much damage.
Later Battles: These are very easy later on.
*NOTE:* You should never try starting on a group of mages that are strong against your Devotee's element: they will deal too much damage that you won't be able to regen, and they will remain a problem in later battles as well.

3 Mages
First battle: You can start on these, but they're harder than melee groups.
Later Battles: These are still difficult.

2 Mages + 1 Melee
First Battle: You can start on these, but they're not the easiest.
Later Battles: These are fairly easy later on.

1 Mages + 2 Melee
First Battle: You can start on these, but focus the mage.
Later Battle: These are fairly easy later on.

2 Mages + 2 Melee
First Battle: You really shouldn't start with these groups.
Later Battles: These can still be difficult later on.

3 Melee
First Battle: These are one of the best groups to start on because of your high Def.
Later battles: These groups are very easy later on.

Bosses:
First Battle: These are the best group to start on. Bosses don't get many turns, and they don't do much damage.
Later Battles: These are very easy later on.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Reserved
Reserved