Guides
Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Saint Sponge: GW Tank Team
1 2
Many people dread the Golem Workshop, and until the creation of builds specialized for the venue, they were fully right to do so. I was once one of those who dreaded the halls of the abandoned workshop... but I was never a fan of how other builds functioned, constantly falling short of my expectations. I continued to avoid the workshop until I had enough free time and tinctures to try a different build out. Borne from frustration over slow internet and the prices of battlestones, I came up with a build that I was comfortable using in the Golem Workshop. This, dear reader, is what I call [b]the "Saint Sponge" build:[/b] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JlJ2G8B.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/RCxPAz1.png[/img][/center] [u]For people using a screen reader, here it is in plain text:[/u] The [u]mage[/u] in the first slot has [b]INT 115 / VIT 30 / QCK 71[/b] and runs [u]Anticipate[/u] with Haste, Regeneration, Guard, and either Contuse or the corresponding level 12 elemental spell. Augment stones are all Scholar and accessory stones are all Ambush. The [u]fighter[/u] in the second slot has [b]STR 133 / VIT 6 / QCK 40[/b] and runs [u]Scratch[/u] with Eliminate -- the other three stones are yours to choose. Augment stones are all Berserker and accessory stones are all Ambush. My recommended Ability stones to fill the fighter's gap are Shred, Haste, and Sap. You may spot the Eliminate stone and ask, "I thought this was supposed to be a cheap build, so why is that here?" and I have to agree with you, as that is one very expensive rock. However, it's not Eliminate I'm referring to when I say that this build is cheaper; I mean to point out the lack of a Rally stone to get this build to work. Rally is required for many other builds, which drives its price up. Haste, however, is [i]optional[/i] on most other builds, which keeps its price at a comfortably lower value. With a fighter whose STR is naturally at 133, you can save some money on buying a Rally stone. [b]At 133 STR, you can Scratch and Eliminate all regular enemies in the venue![/b] Perhaps opting to build around the Rally stone is not enough to convince you, as it is only about 35kt of savings when compared to the obscene price of Eliminate. That's fair; however, the amount of food I wasted on knocked-out dragons who were meant to be champions of GW frustrated me far more, enough to forsake the accursed Rally stone, so in the hopes of showing you how reliable this build actually is, [b][u]here is how to use this build with minimal restarting:[/u][/b] [u]Turn one[/u] [indent]Have your mage Hasten your fighter. This should stay consistent no matter what pack you're on -- and while we're at it: [b]no, it really doesn't matter what pack you start on.[/b] Start on a boss if you want. Let your dragons warm up on a pack of four enemies. Live on the edge. Die like honorable warriors. (I jest; if you're using this build right, then you'll only be dying if the heavens align just to give you a tremendously bad day.)[/indent] [u]Turn two[/u] [indent]Depending on whether or not your starting pack is a full-caster pack or not, you have the choice of Hastening your mage or Guarding your fighter. The mage's 71 QCK is enough to comfortably get enough turns without needing to Haste themselves; however, Hastening themselves is a fantastic way to build breath, which is safe and easy to do so against casters. Otherwise, against physical packs, Guard your fighter. If, instead, you opt to Haste your mage instead of Guarding your fighter, your fighter will have to tank hits from one round, which isn't particularly fun at a mere 870 HP. Again, this is no problem if your foes Meditate instead of Scratching.[/indent] [u]Remaining turns[/u] [indent]After this turn is the end of your mage's Ambush turns and the beginning of your fighter's. Regardless, you will be Scratching during the remainder of your fighter's turns until you can Eliminate. [b]Once again, when you build up the breath to Eliminate, all non-boss enemies can be downed with a combo of Scratch and Eliminate.[/b] Whenever your mage goes next, have them Anticipate so that Guard can soak up all of that damage for those sweet, sweet breath points. If you chose to Hasten your mage instead of Guarding your fighter, your mage should have two turns after the enemies act, so you can Guard and Anticipate.[/indent] [u]If You Run out of Hastening Buff before the End[/u] [indent]Presumably, if your Haste buff ran out, you're either still on your way to building up enough breath to Eliminate, or you're smacking a boss's face in. The bosses really aren't so bad if you run out of your Haste buff, but if you're left without the Haste buff while fighting off physical fighters, your mage should Anticipate each turn until their window for two turns in a row rolls around. Hasten your fighter and choose whether to cast Regeneration or Anticipate based on your situation, then go about your merry way.[/indent] [u]When You Need to Heal[/u] [indent]Inevitably, you will need to heal to keep going. To maximize efficiency, use Regeneration before your Ambush turns are over; doing so allows you quick healing that roughly equals what Aid would get you in one turn plus a bit more on subsequent turns. If your mage needs healing, use Regeneration on the first turn; if your fighter needs healing, use Regeneration after Hastening your fighter. If you run into a boss, do the above whether or not you need it and you'll have smooth sailing.[/indent] [u]On Contuse Versus Debilitating Elemental Attacks[/u] [indent]Contuse has around the same damage modifier as Scratch does, so it is comparable to a fighter with the same STR as your mage's INT. If the bosses get to you, then Contuse is my recommendation for you by far, but if you breeze past those mechs without any problems, then you would be better off using the appropriate level 12 elemental spell. [u]The only potential exception to that would be Earth mages;[/u] when Fossilize petrifies the enemy, both the target's DEF and MND are boosted to obnoxious levels despite the tool-tip only mentioning the target's DEF, so it takes forever to finish off that single target. I personally don't mind it, since it gives me free turns to build breath with, but your mileage may vary.[/indent] [size=4][b][u]FAQ and Footnotes[/u][/b][/size] [u]What are your recommended elements?[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38092440]My mage is Earth[/url]; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41481425]my fighter is Nature[/url]. The element for your fighter doesn't matter all that much, but whatever you do, please be kind to yourself by choosing team members who don't share a common weakness. [LIST] [*][u]Nature[/u] has no weaknesses to any common casters (it only really has to watch out for the Frost Delvers), and it resists the Spellbound Golems, so it's definitely the best element for the workshop in my opinion. [*][u]Earth[/u] has only one caster weakness (the windy Mistral Minions), which makes it a very good element for the workshop. Earth dragons also have the plus of resisting the Stone Borer's attacks, making Borers ideal scratching posts for teams with an Earth dragon. [*][u]Fire[/u] would likely be the best element for the mage, seeing as Sear has the chance to increase physical damage dealt to the target and how Fire has no weaknesses to any mages present in this venue. It is, however, weak to Stone Borers, so anyone using a Fire mage with this build should exercise caution then as opposed to the cakewalk scratching posts they are against Earth mages. [*][u]Arcane[/u] is sometimes recommended as a good element, seeing as it resists several casters (the Arcane Spellbound Golem and the Lightning Swift Volt and Chromefeather Lookout); [b]however[/b], Arcane is weak to Mistral Minions and Stone Borers, so unless you're willing to take the frustration of those two weaknesses, I would recommend against using an Arcane dragon. [*][u]Wind[/u] is an often-recommended element for a Workshop mage, but after having used one for a while, I can't say that I actually enjoy using this element in this situation all that much. A big part of the old reason for recommending Wind mages in the Workshop was that there used to be a glitch where using Disorient (the level 12 Wind spell) would double up on the pulls from the loot table if the target killed itself, but this has since been fixed. [i]The point of the build is to soak up hits,[/i] hence the name "Saint Sponges," and while Wind dragons will resist Stone Borers and Mistral Minions, they are weak to Swift Lumen, which are, as the name implies, fast buggers who rob you of your setup turns. Wind is also weak to one of the Steelhounds, which are the most dangerous non-boss enemies due to their strength and hardiness (it's the Steelhounds' fault that 133 STR is required for this build). Once again, I can't recommend it all too much. [*][u]Lightning[/u] surprisingly isn't that bad for the mages if you're willing to deal with its weaknesses to the Mistral Minions and the Spellbound Golems. Terrific trouble comes in the packs where both are present, but they're infrequent enough to make it work. Similarly to Arcane dragons, it has multiple resistances in common places (Swift Lumen, Swift Volt, and Chromefeather Lookout), but it also has two key weaknesses present. Other elements are still better for this, but Lightning is workable. [*][u]Shadow[/u] is a fantastic choice for an anti-boss mage: Frost Delvers are weak to Shadow, and its level 12 elemental spell can greatly decrease the target's accuracy. Its weakness to the Swift Lumens need to be considered, however; those fast rodents are a problem for a sponge running this set. Shadow sponges are workable, but it has its drawbacks and may become frustrating as time marches on. [*][u]Plague[/u] has no mage resistances, one mage weakness (Swift Lumen), and is weak to Frost Delvers. Contaminate's side effects aren't very useful in this venue, either. I don't recommend this element for the Workshop at all. [*][u]Ice[/u] has no mage resistances and two mage weaknesses (Chromefeather Lookout and Swift Volt). It's resistant to the Frost Delvers, but that's really the only good thing I can say about it for this venue. Naturally, as one of the elements weak to the most common element in the venue, Ice is a poor choice for this venue and especially for a build like this that is centered around sponging damage. [*][u]Light[/u] has one mage resistance (Swift Lumen) and three mage weaknesses (Spellbound Golem, Chromefeather Lookout, Swift Volt). It's tied with Water for the worst element for the venue. Please love yourself enough to avoid using a Light dragon in the Workshop. [*][u]Water[/u] is the worst element you could use in the Workshop. Don't use Water, oh my god. Please save yourself from the endless frustration. Water has one mage resistance (Mistral Minion) but three notable weaknesses (Frost Delver, Chromefeather Lookout, Swift Volt). Regular mobs *and* a boss will be giving you trouble all over the place.[/LIST] [b]In short, I recommend [u]Nature[/u], [u]Earth[/u], and [u]Fire[/u] and strongly advise against using [u]Plague[/u], [u]Light[/u], and [u]Water[/u].[/b] [u]Are there any other combinations of stats I can use for this team?[/u] [indent]Yeah, plenty! The main draw of this build is its flexibility, so by all means, don't feel like you must stick to those exact numbers. Other than the 133 STR, I chose those numbers because there were no leftover stat-boost points after distribution. I would recommend checking [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1420187]this guide[/url] out to find more flexibility options for your fighter. The mage is flexible enough to spread those stats all over the place in different areas, so it's not vitally important to stick to 115 INT / 30 VIT / 71 QCK. The recommended 115 INT is [u]exactly enough[/u] to offset a Scratch from either Mith enemy with a single round of Regeneration (assuming your fighter has been tinctured back to 5 DEF, which is the only way to reach 133 STR if I remember correctly), but if you're willing to use Aid instead, then swapping out points in INT for more QCK or VIT also works.[/indent] [u]If I get the 5% Strength buff via camping, does that change this build in any significant ways?[/u] [indent]As far as I have seen? Not particularly, no. 133 STR multiplied by 0.05 is 6.65, so whether it's rounded to an extra 6 or 7 points, it really doesn't make enough of a difference to be noteworthy.[/indent] [u]What if I want to put Rally on my fighter after all?[/u] [indent]Sweet, my original fighter for this build had Rally too. A base 133 Scratch Rallied at level 25 (this shoots your STR up to a startling 163!!) is enough to 3-hit KO a fair amount of the enemies, which makes this build breeze through some of the physical packs and build more breath, but [at the time of writing] Rally costs significantly more than Haste does.[/indent] [u]Is this build Night of the Nocturne-friendly?[/u] [indent]As of 2018, no evidence points to the contrary. Claw at those charlatans all you like, free of worry![/indent] [u]Can I use this build in other venues?[/u] [indent]You sure can! It's less effective the lower the venue level is, but some brief testing implies that the Kelp Beds and Ghostlight Ruins can be efficiently tamed by this build as well. Just keep in mind that each venue has different caster spreads, so you'll have trouble if you try to use one pair for more than one venue instead of optimizing for just one venue.[/indent] [u]I have feedback, questions, critique, or other comments. Are you okay with hearing them?[/u] [indent]Yes, of course! If we're being honest, I'm sitting in a dark room typing this at midnight and have probably made a mistake or forgot to clarify something somewhere.[/indent] [u]What do I do now that I hate robot dogs more than ever before?[/u] [indent]Me too, dear reader, me too. Worry not; those bosses have to drop someday, right...?[/indent] ---------- [size=4][u]Changelog:[/u][/size] 2/Apr/19: Added analyses of remaining elements; made slight formatting changes. 7/Feb/19: Added analysis of Shadow sponges. 7/Jan/19: Formatting changes, slipped in some important notes on stats/elements. 27/Dec/18: Initial launch. [u]Special thanks[/u] to @FluffYeti for helping me beta-test this build and for coming up with the name! I couldn't have done this without you. <3
Many people dread the Golem Workshop, and until the creation of builds specialized for the venue, they were fully right to do so. I was once one of those who dreaded the halls of the abandoned workshop... but I was never a fan of how other builds functioned, constantly falling short of my expectations. I continued to avoid the workshop until I had enough free time and tinctures to try a different build out. Borne from frustration over slow internet and the prices of battlestones, I came up with a build that I was comfortable using in the Golem Workshop. This, dear reader, is what I call the "Saint Sponge" build:
JlJ2G8B.png

RCxPAz1.png

For people using a screen reader, here it is in plain text:
The mage in the first slot has INT 115 / VIT 30 / QCK 71 and runs Anticipate with Haste, Regeneration, Guard, and either Contuse or the corresponding level 12 elemental spell. Augment stones are all Scholar and accessory stones are all Ambush.

The fighter in the second slot has STR 133 / VIT 6 / QCK 40 and runs Scratch with Eliminate -- the other three stones are yours to choose. Augment stones are all Berserker and accessory stones are all Ambush. My recommended Ability stones to fill the fighter's gap are Shred, Haste, and Sap.

You may spot the Eliminate stone and ask, "I thought this was supposed to be a cheap build, so why is that here?" and I have to agree with you, as that is one very expensive rock. However, it's not Eliminate I'm referring to when I say that this build is cheaper; I mean to point out the lack of a Rally stone to get this build to work. Rally is required for many other builds, which drives its price up. Haste, however, is optional on most other builds, which keeps its price at a comfortably lower value. With a fighter whose STR is naturally at 133, you can save some money on buying a Rally stone. At 133 STR, you can Scratch and Eliminate all regular enemies in the venue!

Perhaps opting to build around the Rally stone is not enough to convince you, as it is only about 35kt of savings when compared to the obscene price of Eliminate. That's fair; however, the amount of food I wasted on knocked-out dragons who were meant to be champions of GW frustrated me far more, enough to forsake the accursed Rally stone, so in the hopes of showing you how reliable this build actually is, here is how to use this build with minimal restarting:

Turn one
Have your mage Hasten your fighter. This should stay consistent no matter what pack you're on -- and while we're at it: no, it really doesn't matter what pack you start on. Start on a boss if you want. Let your dragons warm up on a pack of four enemies. Live on the edge. Die like honorable warriors. (I jest; if you're using this build right, then you'll only be dying if the heavens align just to give you a tremendously bad day.)

Turn two
Depending on whether or not your starting pack is a full-caster pack or not, you have the choice of Hastening your mage or Guarding your fighter. The mage's 71 QCK is enough to comfortably get enough turns without needing to Haste themselves; however, Hastening themselves is a fantastic way to build breath, which is safe and easy to do so against casters. Otherwise, against physical packs, Guard your fighter.
If, instead, you opt to Haste your mage instead of Guarding your fighter, your fighter will have to tank hits from one round, which isn't particularly fun at a mere 870 HP. Again, this is no problem if your foes Meditate instead of Scratching.

Remaining turns
After this turn is the end of your mage's Ambush turns and the beginning of your fighter's. Regardless, you will be Scratching during the remainder of your fighter's turns until you can Eliminate. Once again, when you build up the breath to Eliminate, all non-boss enemies can be downed with a combo of Scratch and Eliminate. Whenever your mage goes next, have them Anticipate so that Guard can soak up all of that damage for those sweet, sweet breath points. If you chose to Hasten your mage instead of Guarding your fighter, your mage should have two turns after the enemies act, so you can Guard and Anticipate.

If You Run out of Hastening Buff before the End
Presumably, if your Haste buff ran out, you're either still on your way to building up enough breath to Eliminate, or you're smacking a boss's face in. The bosses really aren't so bad if you run out of your Haste buff, but if you're left without the Haste buff while fighting off physical fighters, your mage should Anticipate each turn until their window for two turns in a row rolls around. Hasten your fighter and choose whether to cast Regeneration or Anticipate based on your situation, then go about your merry way.

When You Need to Heal
Inevitably, you will need to heal to keep going. To maximize efficiency, use Regeneration before your Ambush turns are over; doing so allows you quick healing that roughly equals what Aid would get you in one turn plus a bit more on subsequent turns. If your mage needs healing, use Regeneration on the first turn; if your fighter needs healing, use Regeneration after Hastening your fighter. If you run into a boss, do the above whether or not you need it and you'll have smooth sailing.

On Contuse Versus Debilitating Elemental Attacks
Contuse has around the same damage modifier as Scratch does, so it is comparable to a fighter with the same STR as your mage's INT. If the bosses get to you, then Contuse is my recommendation for you by far, but if you breeze past those mechs without any problems, then you would be better off using the appropriate level 12 elemental spell. The only potential exception to that would be Earth mages; when Fossilize petrifies the enemy, both the target's DEF and MND are boosted to obnoxious levels despite the tool-tip only mentioning the target's DEF, so it takes forever to finish off that single target. I personally don't mind it, since it gives me free turns to build breath with, but your mileage may vary.

FAQ and Footnotes
What are your recommended elements?
My mage is Earth; my fighter is Nature. The element for your fighter doesn't matter all that much, but whatever you do, please be kind to yourself by choosing team members who don't share a common weakness.
  • Nature has no weaknesses to any common casters (it only really has to watch out for the Frost Delvers), and it resists the Spellbound Golems, so it's definitely the best element for the workshop in my opinion.
  • Earth has only one caster weakness (the windy Mistral Minions), which makes it a very good element for the workshop. Earth dragons also have the plus of resisting the Stone Borer's attacks, making Borers ideal scratching posts for teams with an Earth dragon.
  • Fire would likely be the best element for the mage, seeing as Sear has the chance to increase physical damage dealt to the target and how Fire has no weaknesses to any mages present in this venue. It is, however, weak to Stone Borers, so anyone using a Fire mage with this build should exercise caution then as opposed to the cakewalk scratching posts they are against Earth mages.
  • Arcane is sometimes recommended as a good element, seeing as it resists several casters (the Arcane Spellbound Golem and the Lightning Swift Volt and Chromefeather Lookout); however, Arcane is weak to Mistral Minions and Stone Borers, so unless you're willing to take the frustration of those two weaknesses, I would recommend against using an Arcane dragon.
  • Wind is an often-recommended element for a Workshop mage, but after having used one for a while, I can't say that I actually enjoy using this element in this situation all that much. A big part of the old reason for recommending Wind mages in the Workshop was that there used to be a glitch where using Disorient (the level 12 Wind spell) would double up on the pulls from the loot table if the target killed itself, but this has since been fixed. The point of the build is to soak up hits, hence the name "Saint Sponges," and while Wind dragons will resist Stone Borers and Mistral Minions, they are weak to Swift Lumen, which are, as the name implies, fast buggers who rob you of your setup turns. Wind is also weak to one of the Steelhounds, which are the most dangerous non-boss enemies due to their strength and hardiness (it's the Steelhounds' fault that 133 STR is required for this build). Once again, I can't recommend it all too much.
  • Lightning surprisingly isn't that bad for the mages if you're willing to deal with its weaknesses to the Mistral Minions and the Spellbound Golems. Terrific trouble comes in the packs where both are present, but they're infrequent enough to make it work. Similarly to Arcane dragons, it has multiple resistances in common places (Swift Lumen, Swift Volt, and Chromefeather Lookout), but it also has two key weaknesses present. Other elements are still better for this, but Lightning is workable.
  • Shadow is a fantastic choice for an anti-boss mage: Frost Delvers are weak to Shadow, and its level 12 elemental spell can greatly decrease the target's accuracy. Its weakness to the Swift Lumens need to be considered, however; those fast rodents are a problem for a sponge running this set. Shadow sponges are workable, but it has its drawbacks and may become frustrating as time marches on.
  • Plague has no mage resistances, one mage weakness (Swift Lumen), and is weak to Frost Delvers. Contaminate's side effects aren't very useful in this venue, either. I don't recommend this element for the Workshop at all.
  • Ice has no mage resistances and two mage weaknesses (Chromefeather Lookout and Swift Volt). It's resistant to the Frost Delvers, but that's really the only good thing I can say about it for this venue. Naturally, as one of the elements weak to the most common element in the venue, Ice is a poor choice for this venue and especially for a build like this that is centered around sponging damage.
  • Light has one mage resistance (Swift Lumen) and three mage weaknesses (Spellbound Golem, Chromefeather Lookout, Swift Volt). It's tied with Water for the worst element for the venue. Please love yourself enough to avoid using a Light dragon in the Workshop.
  • Water is the worst element you could use in the Workshop. Don't use Water, oh my god. Please save yourself from the endless frustration. Water has one mage resistance (Mistral Minion) but three notable weaknesses (Frost Delver, Chromefeather Lookout, Swift Volt). Regular mobs *and* a boss will be giving you trouble all over the place.
In short, I recommend Nature, Earth, and Fire and strongly advise against using Plague, Light, and Water.

Are there any other combinations of stats I can use for this team?
Yeah, plenty! The main draw of this build is its flexibility, so by all means, don't feel like you must stick to those exact numbers. Other than the 133 STR, I chose those numbers because there were no leftover stat-boost points after distribution. I would recommend checking this guide out to find more flexibility options for your fighter. The mage is flexible enough to spread those stats all over the place in different areas, so it's not vitally important to stick to 115 INT / 30 VIT / 71 QCK. The recommended 115 INT is exactly enough to offset a Scratch from either Mith enemy with a single round of Regeneration (assuming your fighter has been tinctured back to 5 DEF, which is the only way to reach 133 STR if I remember correctly), but if you're willing to use Aid instead, then swapping out points in INT for more QCK or VIT also works.

If I get the 5% Strength buff via camping, does that change this build in any significant ways?
As far as I have seen? Not particularly, no. 133 STR multiplied by 0.05 is 6.65, so whether it's rounded to an extra 6 or 7 points, it really doesn't make enough of a difference to be noteworthy.

What if I want to put Rally on my fighter after all?
Sweet, my original fighter for this build had Rally too. A base 133 Scratch Rallied at level 25 (this shoots your STR up to a startling 163!!) is enough to 3-hit KO a fair amount of the enemies, which makes this build breeze through some of the physical packs and build more breath, but [at the time of writing] Rally costs significantly more than Haste does.

Is this build Night of the Nocturne-friendly?
As of 2018, no evidence points to the contrary. Claw at those charlatans all you like, free of worry!

Can I use this build in other venues?
You sure can! It's less effective the lower the venue level is, but some brief testing implies that the Kelp Beds and Ghostlight Ruins can be efficiently tamed by this build as well. Just keep in mind that each venue has different caster spreads, so you'll have trouble if you try to use one pair for more than one venue instead of optimizing for just one venue.

I have feedback, questions, critique, or other comments. Are you okay with hearing them?
Yes, of course! If we're being honest, I'm sitting in a dark room typing this at midnight and have probably made a mistake or forgot to clarify something somewhere.

What do I do now that I hate robot dogs more than ever before?
Me too, dear reader, me too. Worry not; those bosses have to drop someday, right...?

Changelog:
2/Apr/19: Added analyses of remaining elements; made slight formatting changes.
7/Feb/19: Added analysis of Shadow sponges.
7/Jan/19: Formatting changes, slipped in some important notes on stats/elements.
27/Dec/18: Initial launch.

Special thanks to @FluffYeti for helping me beta-test this build and for coming up with the name! I couldn't have done this without you. <3
pepis_by_minecr_aft-dbxskxp.gif

• Marc • he/him • FR -2 / UTC -10, no DST •
Earth Dom Organization Council: Tech Support
Upcoming Events Stone AltarIron Trove
ArtCommissionsRP-Friendly
proud_pebble_mentor2_by_abe_cog-d829rbg.png non_binary_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbxy68c.png bisexual_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbjdpzj.png

1sAnyd1.gif

YOUR
AD
HERE?
I’ve got an all-purpose coli team, but I think I’ll train my Spongebob dragons with this build just ‘cause. Thank you, @SaintPepsi!
I’ve got an all-purpose coli team, but I think I’ll train my Spongebob dragons with this build just ‘cause. Thank you, @SaintPepsi!
43313_889849073.png
@SaintPepsi Awww, <3!

Just to throw in a few comments that speak to the benefits of this build
  • All non-boss enemies in the GW can be killed with a scratch+eliminate from the warrior. All of them.
  • The mage sponge is very flexible, as SaintPepsi said. My sponge is Arcane (not ideal) so I put in a little more Vit, more Int for larger heals, and took the hit in Qck for a 124 Int/50 Qck/34 Vit sponge. I also swapped regen for Aid because of personal preference.
  • Train fodder while boss hunting. Just beautiful.
  • So few restarts. That's what I love the most about this build and where I just didn't get along with other GW builds as well--once I got used to it, I just very rarely had to restart.

Thank you so much for this build and for the write-up!
@SaintPepsi Awww, <3!

Just to throw in a few comments that speak to the benefits of this build
  • All non-boss enemies in the GW can be killed with a scratch+eliminate from the warrior. All of them.
  • The mage sponge is very flexible, as SaintPepsi said. My sponge is Arcane (not ideal) so I put in a little more Vit, more Int for larger heals, and took the hit in Qck for a 124 Int/50 Qck/34 Vit sponge. I also swapped regen for Aid because of personal preference.
  • Train fodder while boss hunting. Just beautiful.
  • So few restarts. That's what I love the most about this build and where I just didn't get along with other GW builds as well--once I got used to it, I just very rarely had to restart.

Thank you so much for this build and for the write-up!
mbkzXe7.pngYDYolOP.png
Hmm... this is an interesting build idea, and I think I might try it out sometime!
Hmm... this is an interesting build idea, and I think I might try it out sometime!
*sigh* "You're going to make me say it, aren't you? FINE. I'm sorry I killed your wife. But in my defense, she jumped in front of my sword!"
Small update bump with some extra information on stats and elements! I still can't believe that I forgot to point out that this build can scr+elim any non-boss in the venue, oops...
Small update bump with some extra information on stats and elements! I still can't believe that I forgot to point out that this build can scr+elim any non-boss in the venue, oops...

proud_pebble_mentor2_by_abe_cog-d829rbg.png non_binary_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbxy68c.png bisexual_pride_by_my_world_is_split-dbjdpzj.png

1sAnyd1.gif

YOUR
AD
HERE?
*pokes the Pepsi* I'mma try this build when I level up a couple Nature dragons (I'm in the process of leveling all my permas, RIP) and will get back to you on how I like it.
*pokes the Pepsi* I'mma try this build when I level up a couple Nature dragons (I'm in the process of leveling all my permas, RIP) and will get back to you on how I like it.
thw3Wtd.png
@Saintpepsi Which enemies cannot be Rally+Eliminated with this build?
@Saintpepsi Which enemies cannot be Rally+Eliminated with this build?
180.pngJe6XRam.png30pKdmi.gif
@JonSnOwO Hey, thanks! Drop me a line if you find any interesting data, since I always love gathering and displaying new data on this build. ;w;

@LethargicWizard That's not a workable idea, I'm afraid. The vast majority of GW enemies can't be OHKOed with a rallied Eliminate, even from this build. 133 STR is already pushing it for a stat spread with room for other stats; in order to actually rally+elim GW enemies proper, you'd need to go into even higher territory, afaik. As for the spiders, you might be able to, but I don't have a dragon I can test this build out with for rallied Elim stats any more.
@JonSnOwO Hey, thanks! Drop me a line if you find any interesting data, since I always love gathering and displaying new data on this build. ;w;

@LethargicWizard That's not a workable idea, I'm afraid. The vast majority of GW enemies can't be OHKOed with a rallied Eliminate, even from this build. 133 STR is already pushing it for a stat spread with room for other stats; in order to actually rally+elim GW enemies proper, you'd need to go into even higher territory, afaik. As for the spiders, you might be able to, but I don't have a dragon I can test this build out with for rallied Elim stats any more.

1sAnyd1.gif

YOUR
AD
HERE?
@saintpepsi Ohh ok. SO the Rally on the attacker dragon is for building breath by triple scratching. So most enemies can be killed with a triple rally scratch then?
@saintpepsi Ohh ok. SO the Rally on the attacker dragon is for building breath by triple scratching. So most enemies can be killed with a triple rally scratch then?
180.pngJe6XRam.png30pKdmi.gif
7/Feb/19 update: added analysis of Shadow sponges.

@LethargicWizard Did some tests and a decent enough amount of them can be downed with three rallied scratches, but in my opinion, Rally's duration slows this build down (not to mention how I'm just not used to it so I kept forgetting to actually gather data OTL).
7/Feb/19 update: added analysis of Shadow sponges.

@LethargicWizard Did some tests and a decent enough amount of them can be downed with three rallied scratches, but in my opinion, Rally's duration slows this build down (not to mention how I'm just not used to it so I kept forgetting to actually gather data OTL).

1sAnyd1.gif

YOUR
AD
HERE?
1 2