Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [BUILD] Mire Reptile - Trainer/Farmer
1 2
[center][size=7][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2674583][b]MOVED[/b][/url][/size] [center][s][b]Hey, YOU![/b] Yeah, YOU! With the dragons! [s]all of us have dragons sendhelp[/s] Are you looking for a coliseum build? No? Well, let me ask you this. Are you looking for a coliseum team that contains THE premium Mire trainers? Yes? Well, this may disappoint you, but it is a 1 fodder team-wait up! I haven't even gotten to the best part yet! You can kiss your refresh button and F5 key goodbye, and say hello to the Mire Reptiles, a coli team build by LunaflareMoon herself! [/center] [list] [*][b][s]You have a glass cannon.[/b][s] Well, duh, pretty much every coli build in the Mire is probably a glass cannon! But a glass cannon alone is not good enough. Therefore... [*][b][s]You have a healer![/b][s] And this healer also doubles as a mage, so you have a secondary attacker in case of emergency. (Which is VERY unlikely to happen, by the way.) [*][b][s]No refreshing![/b][s] You can set up on ANYTHING, assuming you're training in the Mire (or below), which this team was developed for. Your healer can keep both itself and your glass cannon alive potentially forever. [*][b][s]Boss friendly![/b][s] It may take a while, but since your healer can keep your cannon alive for a long time, it's possible! Also, you get a chance at a boss familiar + bonus EXP! Just keep Contuse up on the boss at all times as well as keeping your health up, and you'll be fine! [*][b][s]Got any counter arguments?[/b][s] I dare you to prove me wrong. [/list] [center][s]Anyways, if you want to use this build, read on![/s]
MOVED
Hey, YOU!

Yeah, YOU! With the dragons! all of us have dragons sendhelp
Are you looking for a coliseum build? No?
Well, let me ask you this.
Are you looking for a coliseum team that contains THE premium Mire trainers? Yes?
Well, this may disappoint you, but it is a 1 fodder team-wait up! I haven't even gotten to the best part yet!
You can kiss your refresh button and F5 key goodbye, and say hello to the Mire Reptiles, a coli team build by LunaflareMoon herself!
  • You have a glass cannon. Well, duh, pretty much every coli build in the Mire is probably a glass cannon! But a glass cannon alone is not good enough. Therefore...
  • You have a healer! And this healer also doubles as a mage, so you have a secondary attacker in case of emergency. (Which is VERY unlikely to happen, by the way.)
  • No refreshing! You can set up on ANYTHING, assuming you're training in the Mire (or below), which this team was developed for. Your healer can keep both itself and your glass cannon alive potentially forever.
  • Boss friendly! It may take a while, but since your healer can keep your cannon alive for a long time, it's possible! Also, you get a chance at a boss familiar + bonus EXP! Just keep Contuse up on the boss at all times as well as keeping your health up, and you'll be fine!
  • Got any counter arguments? I dare you to prove me wrong.
Anyways, if you want to use this build, read on!
Forum pings are disabled. Please avoid profile comments and private messages unless it's for business.
First off, I will list any counter arguments and counter-counter arguments.

This team isn't as efficient as 2 fodder teams!
In a way, you're correct. In another way, you're wrong. By "efficient", do you mean "able to get the job done with only one trainer?" I'm afraid that is not my definition of efficient, young grasshopper. My definition of efficient is to be "able to get the job done, and go on and on without having to refresh."

Why should I use this team over a 2-fodder trainer?
Read the first post. It's a no-brainer once you understand it!

If this build is a variant, why is it better than the original? And what build is it a variant of?
1. For the reasons stated above, but I'm not saying the original is horrible! I'm just saying that, if you want to be quick yet risk a looot of food points, go find a 2-fodder trainer. If you want to be slightly slower yet way more stable, then go with this team/build!
2. It is a variant of the 119 Mire Flyer made by Culex.
First off, I will list any counter arguments and counter-counter arguments.

This team isn't as efficient as 2 fodder teams!
In a way, you're correct. In another way, you're wrong. By "efficient", do you mean "able to get the job done with only one trainer?" I'm afraid that is not my definition of efficient, young grasshopper. My definition of efficient is to be "able to get the job done, and go on and on without having to refresh."

Why should I use this team over a 2-fodder trainer?
Read the first post. It's a no-brainer once you understand it!

If this build is a variant, why is it better than the original? And what build is it a variant of?
1. For the reasons stated above, but I'm not saying the original is horrible! I'm just saying that, if you want to be quick yet risk a looot of food points, go find a 2-fodder trainer. If you want to be slightly slower yet way more stable, then go with this team/build!
2. It is a variant of the 119 Mire Flyer made by Culex.
Forum pings are disabled. Please avoid profile comments and private messages unless it's for business.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/a8c33em.png[/img] [s]Above is what your glass cannon should look like, aside from the name and dragon image. 119 STR is enough to take down any non-boss monster with 1 Rally + Elim! 8 AGI is from the Berserker stones. 66 QCK is to ensure that you have a lot of turn frequency without sacrificing points in STR or VIT. 26 VIT is additional health points to ensure your healer has to heal your cannon way less often. 6 DEF is a filler, because you will have 2 leftover points. You may put them in whatever stat you wish; It's not going to matter. Sap and Haste are not part of the build, they are just filling the slots. [img]https://i.imgur.com/kuemIcV.png[/img] [s]Forgive my Prismatic Meditate, it just adds cool effects.[/s] The healer's stats should be the same as Culex's 117 Mire Flyer's, except the points in STR should go into INT instead. 8 AGI is from the Scholar stones. 25 VIT ensures that your healer has enough health to take several hits. 70 QCK ensures that you have so much turn frequency, you can keep on meditating to build up breath. 117 INT is self-explanatory. Feel free to change Drown/whatever special elemental ability with your Elemental bolt. [b]Now, you may be asking: "Why use 1 Discipline and 1 Ambush instead of 2 Ambushes?[/b] Well, 2 Ambushes may sound good on paper, but you're going to need the additional 50% chance for 2x as much breath per Meditate in the long run. Ambush is a 1-time-per-battle use, while Discipline always has a chance of activating. Also, feel free to replace Haste with Rally (and vice versa) if you want to.
a8c33em.png

Above is what your glass cannon should look like, aside from the name and dragon image.
119 STR is enough to take down any non-boss monster with 1 Rally + Elim!
8 AGI is from the Berserker stones.
66 QCK is to ensure that you have a lot of turn frequency without sacrificing points in STR or VIT.
26 VIT is additional health points to ensure your healer has to heal your cannon way less often.
6 DEF is a filler, because you will have 2 leftover points. You may put them in whatever stat you wish; It's not going to matter.
Sap and Haste are not part of the build, they are just filling the slots.

kuemIcV.png
Forgive my Prismatic Meditate, it just adds cool effects.
The healer's stats should be the same as Culex's 117 Mire Flyer's, except the points in STR should go into INT instead.

8 AGI is from the Scholar stones.
25 VIT ensures that your healer has enough health to take several hits.
70 QCK ensures that you have so much turn frequency, you can keep on meditating to build up breath.
117 INT is self-explanatory.

Feel free to change Drown/whatever special elemental ability with your Elemental bolt.
Now, you may be asking: "Why use 1 Discipline and 1 Ambush instead of 2 Ambushes?
Well, 2 Ambushes may sound good on paper, but you're going to need the additional 50% chance for 2x as much breath per Meditate in the long run. Ambush is a 1-time-per-battle use, while Discipline always has a chance of activating.

Also, feel free to replace Haste with Rally (and vice versa) if you want to.
Okay, I'm going to make this clear.
Your healer should ALWAYS be in the leftmost slot in the Organize Party tab, your cannon should be in the middle, while your trainee should be in the rightmost slot.

Think of the process like a flowchart. (I will add visuals later.)
Alternatively, think of it like you're programming in lua.

GLASS CANNON:

Is your Glass Cannon rallied? If no, have the glass cannon Rally itself.
Is your Glass Cannon at 34 or less breath? If yes, use Scratch on a monster. (Priorities listed after this flowchart!)
Is your Glass Cannon at 35 or more breath and rallied? If yes, use Eliminate on a monster.
Is it your Mage/Healer's turn? If yes, go to the Mage/Healer section.

MAGE/HEALER:

Is it the first turn of a round, or does your Glass Cannon not currently have the Haste buff? If yes, use Haste on the Glass Cannon, regardless of any other conditions.
Is your mage at 39 or less breath? If yes, have your mage Meditate.
Is your Mage or Glass Cannon at 3/4 of their health or less? If yes, have your Mage heal them.
If none of the above are true, (Your Mage and Cannon are healthy and your Mage has 40 or more breath) then use Haste on the Cannon if they don't have it already. Otherwise, Defend.
Is your cannon/mage's health above 75%, with their breath is at least 60? If yes, attack! (Elemental stone or Contuse!)
Are you fighting a boss, and it does not have the Contuse debuff? If yes, Contuse if you have the breath.
Is it the Glass Cannon's turn? If yes, go to the Glass Cannon section.

(Salve Kamaitachis are #1 priority, after that are any Ice and Plague monsters, followed by everything else.)
Okay, I'm going to make this clear.
Your healer should ALWAYS be in the leftmost slot in the Organize Party tab, your cannon should be in the middle, while your trainee should be in the rightmost slot.

Think of the process like a flowchart. (I will add visuals later.)
Alternatively, think of it like you're programming in lua.

GLASS CANNON:

Is your Glass Cannon rallied? If no, have the glass cannon Rally itself.
Is your Glass Cannon at 34 or less breath? If yes, use Scratch on a monster. (Priorities listed after this flowchart!)
Is your Glass Cannon at 35 or more breath and rallied? If yes, use Eliminate on a monster.
Is it your Mage/Healer's turn? If yes, go to the Mage/Healer section.

MAGE/HEALER:

Is it the first turn of a round, or does your Glass Cannon not currently have the Haste buff? If yes, use Haste on the Glass Cannon, regardless of any other conditions.
Is your mage at 39 or less breath? If yes, have your mage Meditate.
Is your Mage or Glass Cannon at 3/4 of their health or less? If yes, have your Mage heal them.
If none of the above are true, (Your Mage and Cannon are healthy and your Mage has 40 or more breath) then use Haste on the Cannon if they don't have it already. Otherwise, Defend.
Is your cannon/mage's health above 75%, with their breath is at least 60? If yes, attack! (Elemental stone or Contuse!)
Are you fighting a boss, and it does not have the Contuse debuff? If yes, Contuse if you have the breath.
Is it the Glass Cannon's turn? If yes, go to the Glass Cannon section.

(Salve Kamaitachis are #1 priority, after that are any Ice and Plague monsters, followed by everything else.)
[center]Any additional comments and/or updates will be added to this post. Have a nice day, and may RNG be in your favor! [b][u]Updates:[/u][/b][/center] [list] [*]Fixed some typos, grammar errors, etc. (Jul 21, 2018) [*]Guide has had a small revamp! (Jul 19, 2018) [*]Graphics will be coming soon! (Probably on August 5th or after, so keep your eyes open!) (Jul 19, 2018) [/list]
Any additional comments and/or updates will be added to this post. Have a nice day, and may RNG be in your favor!

Updates:
  • Fixed some typos, grammar errors, etc. (Jul 21, 2018)
  • Guide has had a small revamp! (Jul 19, 2018)
  • Graphics will be coming soon! (Probably on August 5th or after, so keep your eyes open!) (Jul 19, 2018)
You may now post!
You may now post!
woahh! this is amazinng!
I'm DEFINATELY going to use one of these!
woahh! this is amazinng!
I'm DEFINATELY going to use one of these!
Kano3Shuuya.png
interesting pair! although i prefer the GW if i'm only gonna take one fodder dragon, the mire is a lot more forgiving

i just have a suggestion for your flowchart? i think you should include mage attacks too. there's the breath bonus from discipline meaning there's little reason to worry about running low (even without it my mages are usually maxed out after just a few turns, when i take them to the mire). also, defending a lot usually means wasting a lot of time. so it'd be nice for the mage to be earth (tho sometimes i use my nature battle cleric and it's fine too), or perhaps ice, since it's strong against both bosses

idk, i play a little recklessly, so maybe focusing on defending may be the safest option. to be really sure you're always ready to aid, maybe add an arrow like "if health > 75% and breath > 60, attack"
interesting pair! although i prefer the GW if i'm only gonna take one fodder dragon, the mire is a lot more forgiving

i just have a suggestion for your flowchart? i think you should include mage attacks too. there's the breath bonus from discipline meaning there's little reason to worry about running low (even without it my mages are usually maxed out after just a few turns, when i take them to the mire). also, defending a lot usually means wasting a lot of time. so it'd be nice for the mage to be earth (tho sometimes i use my nature battle cleric and it's fine too), or perhaps ice, since it's strong against both bosses

idk, i play a little recklessly, so maybe focusing on defending may be the safest option. to be really sure you're always ready to aid, maybe add an arrow like "if health > 75% and breath > 60, attack"
Sol | they/them art shop | tumblr | neocities
@LunaflareMoon I just want to thank you for doing this! I now see a build I can use! 10/10
@LunaflareMoon I just want to thank you for doing this! I now see a build I can use! 10/10
I4TUkY9.png
@LunaflareMoon

Hmm.

See, the thing about a Mire Flyer is that they can reasonably wipe out all of the Mire's stuff (besides the bosses) while training two fodder.
Elemental weaknesses can be minimalized by choosing an element that resists stuff that will hit you (Psywurmes, Brilliant Psywurmes, etc). Some hits will get through, but Mire Flyers usually have a degree of VIT investment to allow this to happen; mine has about 1250 health total for this exact reason. With those two things both in play, if I get a good start, it's very hard to end a run outside of a boss spawning. And if I don't get a good start, I refresh and start again.

I'm seeing two things that this build has over a Mire Flyer: that 1. you have the ability to start in more matchups due to the healing assurance, and that 2. you have two dragons, one being able to rally the melee one while the melee one dishes out Eliminates and destroys everything. The second option is important if speed matters to you, because you don't have to waste one of your melee dragon's turns (although with two dragons, you're already going through extra turns in the first place, so ymmv).

That's just my $0.02, though. I've used both two-trainer builds and a Mire Flyer, and the latter is much more successful for me when it comes to training dragons fast in the Mire. The idea here is pretty good, but.. it has a few things I'd like to point out, at least--

1. You definitely want Rally over Haste on the healer. That way, you can put the healer in the first slot, have it Rally your melee dragon during its Ambush turn, and have your melee dragon wipe stuff out with both Ambush turns and its normal turn. If the melee dragon has to Rally itself, it's losing a turn that it could be using for other things.
That's one of the drawbacks of a Mire Flyer, that it has to Rally itself, and so can only kill two enemies per turn; because most spawns in the Mire are 3+ enemies, if they're all melee, then your trainer could get hit. But in this case, you have two dragons... so why not just have the support dragon be the one who buffs the melee one, so the melee one gets more stuff done?

This also compounds hugely with the 1 Ambush on your healer dragon. With that 1 Ambush, your healer dragon can Rally your melee dragon. But you still have the 1 Discipline, so you have the chance to hit double breath when you meditate. I'm always more partial to 2x Ambush, even on mages so they can Rally and Meditate/attack/heal, but Discipline definitely has perks.

Also, I'd replace the healer's specialized magic attack with an elemental bolt. Elemental bolts cost less breath, and the possible status effect doesn't matter unless you're swinging at bosses, because.. what you're hitting is going to die very soon anyways! Elemental bolts are often just there so you can do extra damage to stuff that's weak to the attacking element, or if you need a bit more damage than what Contuse does (for Eliminate math or whatever).

2. I would definitely recommend that you change the bit about bosses, because this setup being able to deal with bosses might be what gives it an edge. Between a healer with Contuse+Aid and a melee dragon with the usual setup (Sap helps with survivability, though I like Shred on some dragons for the bleeding effect), it's definitely possible to take out bosses. Nice EXP and potential chance of a boss familiar drop, too.
@LunaflareMoon

Hmm.

See, the thing about a Mire Flyer is that they can reasonably wipe out all of the Mire's stuff (besides the bosses) while training two fodder.
Elemental weaknesses can be minimalized by choosing an element that resists stuff that will hit you (Psywurmes, Brilliant Psywurmes, etc). Some hits will get through, but Mire Flyers usually have a degree of VIT investment to allow this to happen; mine has about 1250 health total for this exact reason. With those two things both in play, if I get a good start, it's very hard to end a run outside of a boss spawning. And if I don't get a good start, I refresh and start again.

I'm seeing two things that this build has over a Mire Flyer: that 1. you have the ability to start in more matchups due to the healing assurance, and that 2. you have two dragons, one being able to rally the melee one while the melee one dishes out Eliminates and destroys everything. The second option is important if speed matters to you, because you don't have to waste one of your melee dragon's turns (although with two dragons, you're already going through extra turns in the first place, so ymmv).

That's just my $0.02, though. I've used both two-trainer builds and a Mire Flyer, and the latter is much more successful for me when it comes to training dragons fast in the Mire. The idea here is pretty good, but.. it has a few things I'd like to point out, at least--

1. You definitely want Rally over Haste on the healer. That way, you can put the healer in the first slot, have it Rally your melee dragon during its Ambush turn, and have your melee dragon wipe stuff out with both Ambush turns and its normal turn. If the melee dragon has to Rally itself, it's losing a turn that it could be using for other things.
That's one of the drawbacks of a Mire Flyer, that it has to Rally itself, and so can only kill two enemies per turn; because most spawns in the Mire are 3+ enemies, if they're all melee, then your trainer could get hit. But in this case, you have two dragons... so why not just have the support dragon be the one who buffs the melee one, so the melee one gets more stuff done?

This also compounds hugely with the 1 Ambush on your healer dragon. With that 1 Ambush, your healer dragon can Rally your melee dragon. But you still have the 1 Discipline, so you have the chance to hit double breath when you meditate. I'm always more partial to 2x Ambush, even on mages so they can Rally and Meditate/attack/heal, but Discipline definitely has perks.

Also, I'd replace the healer's specialized magic attack with an elemental bolt. Elemental bolts cost less breath, and the possible status effect doesn't matter unless you're swinging at bosses, because.. what you're hitting is going to die very soon anyways! Elemental bolts are often just there so you can do extra damage to stuff that's weak to the attacking element, or if you need a bit more damage than what Contuse does (for Eliminate math or whatever).

2. I would definitely recommend that you change the bit about bosses, because this setup being able to deal with bosses might be what gives it an edge. Between a healer with Contuse+Aid and a melee dragon with the usual setup (Sap helps with survivability, though I like Shred on some dragons for the bleeding effect), it's definitely possible to take out bosses. Nice EXP and potential chance of a boss familiar drop, too.
4Gh3xRo.png
MUYNhfy.png
sD0LDRK.png
bYt72YT.png

PRICTGJ.png
plague_1.png - gathering turns & coli grinding shop
- plaguedom shop

- item sales
- g1 sales
1 2