Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Apparel layering ideas [+dyed clothes]
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28
@Melova Found some of my own! [b]Combo name[/b]: Collared Robe [b]Category[/b]: Festive (+ retired) [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] [indent] [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Pearlcatcher M, Ridgeback, Snapper M, Tundra F, Wildclaw [b]Questionable on[/b]: Coatl M, Guardian, Imperial M, Nocturne, Pearlcatcher F, Tundra M [b]Best on[/b]: Bogsneak, Coatl F, Fae, Imperial F, Mirror, Skydancer, Snapper F, Spiral[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=7&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20831,21154&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Ghost Flame Collar][item=Snowfall Robe] [b]Combos[/b]: None~ [b]Notes[/b]: None~ and [b]Combo name[/b]: Veiled Eyes [b]Category[/b]: Magic [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Really hard to say; all the eyes are different sizes and shapes. [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=17134,23124&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=Starry Regard][item=Golden Sage Cover] [b]Combos[/b]: Go wild [b]Notes[/b]: The point is that when the eye is only over the lower part of the cover, it looks like the lower part is just a thin veil. Veiled Eyes in action! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=279965&tab=dragon&did=26168625][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=26168625&skin=0&apparel=398,533,3537,17133,23112,23115,23114,23116,23113,23117&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url]
@Melova Found some of my own!

Combo name: Collared Robe
Category: Festive (+ retired)

Does it work on all breeds?
Doesn't work on: Pearlcatcher M, Ridgeback, Snapper M, Tundra F, Wildclaw
Questionable on: Coatl M, Guardian, Imperial M, Nocturne, Pearlcatcher F, Tundra M
Best on: Bogsneak, Coatl F, Fae, Imperial F, Mirror, Skydancer, Snapper F, Spiral

Picture:
dummy?breed=7&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20831,21154&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Ghost Flame Collar Snowfall Robe

Combos: None~
Notes: None~

and

Combo name: Veiled Eyes
Category: Magic

Does it work on all breeds? Really hard to say; all the eyes are different sizes and shapes.

Picture:
dummy?breed=4&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=17134,23124&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Starry Regard Golden Sage Cover

Combos: Go wild
Notes: The point is that when the eye is only over the lower part of the cover, it looks like the lower part is just a thin veil.

Veiled Eyes in action!
dragon?did=26168625&skin=0&apparel=398,533,3537,17133,23112,23115,23114,23116,23113,23117&xt=dressing.png
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
@Melova Also, I don't know how to categorize this, cause it hypothetically works with everything on everything, but I found out (while making the above two) that if you have several of one apparel item, and you equip it all, it gives the item very thick lines. For example a Coatl wearing one White Wooly Coat [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=2850&xt=dressing.png[/img] vs him wearing 20 [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850&xt=dressing.png[/img]
@Melova Also, I don't know how to categorize this, cause it hypothetically works with everything on everything, but I found out (while making the above two) that if you have several of one apparel item, and you equip it all, it gives the item very thick lines.

For example a Coatl wearing one White Wooly Coat
dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=2850&xt=dressing.png

vs him wearing 20

dummy?breed=12&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850,2850&xt=dressing.png

45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
@AithneAdura @Alskasaur
All layerings have been added, thank you!

@Alskasaur
hmm... I don't see how that would be useful on shadowless apparel, however those with transparent parts could certainly gain some extra kick out of this.

Hey everyone. Three new layerings have been added.

Flowering Birdskull Necklace - Accessories
Flower Lei + Birdskull Necklace

Collared Robe - Festive (+ retired)
Ghost Flame Collar + Snowfall Robe

Veiled Eyes - Magic
Marva's eyes + Sage Cover
@AithneAdura @Alskasaur
All layerings have been added, thank you!

@Alskasaur
hmm... I don't see how that would be useful on shadowless apparel, however those with transparent parts could certainly gain some extra kick out of this.

Hey everyone. Three new layerings have been added.

Flowering Birdskull Necklace - Accessories
Flower Lei + Birdskull Necklace

Collared Robe - Festive (+ retired)
Ghost Flame Collar + Snowfall Robe

Veiled Eyes - Magic
Marva's eyes + Sage Cover
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
@Melova also please fix "to" in samurai hair (...if it looks [i]to[/i] silly.) [b]Combo name[/b]: Dragon mane [b]Category[/b]: Misc [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b]nah [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: coatl f, fae m, skydancer m [b]Questionable on[/b]: bogsneaks, coatl m, fae f, mirrors, ridgeback f [b]Best on[/b]: guardians, imperials, nocturnes, pearlcatchers, ridgeback m, skydancer f, snappers, spirals, tundras, wildclaws [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=7&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=1150,18811&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=darksong face mask][item=furious headdress] [b]Combos[/b]: [item=eastsong face mask][item=ferocious headdress] [item=blue warrior face mask][item=wild headdress] [item=forestsong face mask][item=primal headdress] [item=red warrior face mask][item=brutal headdress] [item=sunsong face mask][item=ferocious headdress] [b]Notes[/b]: the teeth and snout can be poking out in the wrong places, this can be covered with other apparel
@Melova also please fix "to" in samurai hair (...if it looks to silly.)
Combo name: Dragon mane
Category: Misc

Does it work on all breeds?nah
Doesn't work on: coatl f, fae m, skydancer m
Questionable on: bogsneaks, coatl m, fae f, mirrors, ridgeback f
Best on: guardians, imperials, nocturnes, pearlcatchers, ridgeback m, skydancer f, snappers, spirals, tundras, wildclaws

Picture:
dummy?breed=7&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=1150,18811&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Darksong Face Mask Furious Headdress

Combos:
Eastsong Face Mask Ferocious Headdress
Blue Warrior Face Mask Wild Headdress
Forestsong Face Mask Primal Headdress
Red Warrior Face Mask Brutal Headdress
Sunsong Face Mask Ferocious Headdress
Notes:
the teeth and snout can be poking out in the wrong places, this can be covered with other apparel
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@PixelSpiral
Thank you, for noticing that, now it's fixed. And the layering has been added.

Hey, everyone. New layering is here again.

Dragon mane - Misc
Face mask + Lion Headdress
@PixelSpiral
Thank you, for noticing that, now it's fixed. And the layering has been added.

Hey, everyone. New layering is here again.

Dragon mane - Misc
Face mask + Lion Headdress
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

fujRTIl.png
@yammie

pinging myself for useful outfit ideas! i'm normally really bad at combos
@yammie

pinging myself for useful outfit ideas! i'm normally really bad at combos
je67dzK.gif59TgHaL.pngje67dzK.gif
@Melova This is a great thread! Although these may be very similar to the other ones, I'll still point them out. [quote] [b]Combo name[/b]: I have no idea.... [b]Category[/b]: Armor [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] Yes [indent][b]Best on[/b]: Breeds with bulky bodies such as snappers, pcs and wildclaws[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: On mannequins: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=18779,18819,12920&xt=dressing.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=9&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=18779,18819,12920&xt=dressing.png[/img] Used with other apparel: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=12270,604,18819,17904,12921,6035,19653&xt=dressing.png[/img] [outfit=15301] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=furious leather arm guards] [item=furious kilt] [item=crimson aviator coat] OR [item=mage's cranberry overcoat] [b]Combos[/b] white / black: [item=brutal leather arm guards] [item=brutal kilt] [item=black aviator coat] OR [item=contrast aviator coat] OR [item=mage's ivory overcoat] OR [item=mage's midnight overcoat] There are also blue and purple variants [b]Notes[/b]: The aviator coat can be switched out for a mage's overcoat depending on needs. With the overcoat, other shirts and apparel can be layered underneath. This is meant to be a very flexible set of apparel designed to give your dragon a look of authority! [/quote] Some other things I've noticed [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=12272,822,17907,12923,17889,12931&xt=dressing.png[/img] I layered a [item=mage's midnight overcoat] over a [item=black aviator coat] on a Male SD, and they seem to blend? [outfit=23166] [outfit=23065] The NotN flame apparel and the newer sage apparel work really well together!
@Melova
This is a great thread! Although these may be very similar to the other ones, I'll still point them out.
Quote:
Combo name: I have no idea....
Category: Armor

Does it work on all breeds? Yes
Best on: Breeds with bulky bodies such as snappers, pcs and wildclaws

Picture:
On mannequins:
dummy?breed=8&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=18779,18819,12920&xt=dressing.png

dummy?breed=9&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=18779,18819,12920&xt=dressing.png

Used with other apparel:
dummy?breed=10&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=12270,604,18819,17904,12921,6035,19653&xt=dressing.png
Not Found

Apparel:
Furious Leather Arm Guards
Furious Kilt
Crimson Aviator Coat OR Mage's Cranberry Overcoat

Combos
white / black: Brutal Leather Arm Guards Brutal Kilt Black Aviator Coat OR Contrast Aviator Coat OR Mage's Ivory Overcoat OR Mage's Midnight Overcoat

There are also blue and purple variants

Notes:
The aviator coat can be switched out for a mage's overcoat depending on needs. With the overcoat, other shirts and apparel can be layered underneath. This is meant to be a very flexible set of apparel designed to give your dragon a look of authority!

Some other things I've noticed

dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=12272,822,17907,12923,17889,12931&xt=dressing.png
I layered a Mage's Midnight Overcoat over a Black Aviator Coat on a Male SD, and they seem to blend?

Haunted Luck
Ghostly Sage

The NotN flame apparel and the newer sage apparel work really well together!
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.pngwsTw09i.png5MXcgUI.png5r8twnX.png5z1ZKaZ.png15gwi1i.png
@ElecSquirrel10
It's alright as long as it's different enough.
They both have been added to the main list.

Hey, everyone! Two new layerings have been added.

Fighter Aviator Coat - Armor
Leather Arm Guards + Kilt + Aviator Coat

Oracle Attire - NotN
Flame Apparel + Sage Apparel
@ElecSquirrel10
It's alright as long as it's different enough.
They both have been added to the main list.

Hey, everyone! Two new layerings have been added.

Fighter Aviator Coat - Armor
Leather Arm Guards + Kilt + Aviator Coat

Oracle Attire - NotN
Flame Apparel + Sage Apparel

fujRTIl.png
@Melova I'd love to be put on the pinglist. All these look great! Here is something I found worked well on one of dragons: [b]Combo name[/b]: Mech Rangers [b]Category[/b]: Technology [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [indent][b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Tundras [b]Questionable on[/b]: Skydancers, Ridgeback Males, Mirror Females (Looks iffy due to the shirt sleeves showing) [b]Best on[/b]: Faes, Coatls[/indent] [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=1&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=21853,388,393,432,21858,6027,20603,21856&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=scout's hat] [item=gold steampunk gloves] [item=gold steampunk spats] [item=gold steampunk wings] [item=scout's wing cover] [item=white renaissance shirt] [item=dustrunner's arctic pants] [item=scout's tail twist] [b]Combos[/b]: [outfit=104731][outfit=104744][outfit=104740][outfit=104737][outfit=104742] [b]Notes[/b]: In a sense, it could work on all breeds if you change the shirt to something or not worry about the sleeves showing. Or you could replace the steampunk gloves with aviator gloves and ta-da looks great!
@Melova I'd love to be put on the pinglist. All these look great! Here is something I found worked well on one of dragons:

Combo name: Mech Rangers
Category: Technology

Does it work on all breeds? No
Doesn't work on: Tundras
Questionable on: Skydancers, Ridgeback Males, Mirror Females (Looks iffy due to the shirt sleeves showing)
Best on: Faes, Coatls

Picture:
dummy?breed=1&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=21853,388,393,432,21858,6027,20603,21856&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Scout's Hat
Gold Steampunk Gloves
Gold Steampunk Spats
Gold Steampunk Wings
Scout's Wing Cover
White Renaissance Shirt
Dustrunner's Arctic Pants
Scout's Tail Twist

Combos:
Not Found
Not Found
Not Found
Not Found
Not Found

Notes:
In a sense, it could work on all breeds if you change the shirt to something or not worry about the sleeves showing. Or you could replace the steampunk gloves with aviator gloves and ta-da looks great!
cGpFABG.pngo175-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d01-Tuath.pngo306-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d03-Tuath.pngo175-d01-Tuath.pngo175-d03-Tuath.pngTTH4.pngTTH3.pngo175-d11-Tuath.pngo175-d13-Tuath.pngo175-d15-Tuath.pngo175-d14-Tuath.pngx4cXPgB.pngo175-d12-Tuath.pngFvbaFhQ.png1RnuwcB.png5PhiNKS.pngl6-s3-l6-book.pngl6-s3-s3-book.pngB18_R.png
yym0GF5.png
I have one! Pretty small, but I thought it was cool :) Oh, and I'd love to be added to the ping list. I'm finally trying to dress my dragons, ahah. -------- [b]Combo name[/b]: Dehydrated/Delirious Prophet [b]Category[/b]: Festive [b]Does it work on all breeds?[/b] No [b]Doesn't work on[/b]: Nocturne Female (the white eyes don't show up for some reason, but it's probably fine with Boneyard Tatters) [b]Questionable on[/b]: Both Imperials, Mirror Male [b]Best on[/b]: Pretty much everything else. [b]Picture[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=10&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=814,23290,13081&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel[/b]: [item=whisperer's cowl] [item=sanddune rags] [item=whisperer's mantle] [b]Combos[/b]: [item=mysterious cowl] [item=boneyard tatters] [item=mysterious mantle] [b]Notes[/b]: Sometimes the fabric part of the Sanddune Rags looks kinda funny with the Mantle, (both Imps, etc.) but this can be easily fixed. You can also use different mantles/cowls if you want a different colour palette, but this one held one colour the best.
I have one! Pretty small, but I thought it was cool :)

Oh, and I'd love to be added to the ping list. I'm finally trying to dress my dragons, ahah.

Combo name: Dehydrated/Delirious Prophet
Category: Festive

Does it work on all breeds? No
Doesn't work on: Nocturne Female (the white eyes don't show up for some reason, but it's probably fine with Boneyard Tatters)
Questionable on: Both Imperials, Mirror Male
Best on: Pretty much everything else.

Picture:
dummy?breed=10&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=814,23290,13081&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:
Whisperer's Cowl
Sanddune Rags
Whisperer's Mantle

Combos:
Mysterious Cowl
Boneyard Tatters
Mysterious Mantle

Notes:
Sometimes the fabric part of the Sanddune Rags looks kinda funny with the Mantle, (both Imps, etc.) but this can be easily fixed. You can also use different mantles/cowls if you want a different colour palette, but this one held one colour the best.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28