Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Spreadsheet] Fancy Familiar Tracker
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43 44
@rhubarbcobbler
Is it OK to edit the dates a familiar changed their bond or will that mess anything up?
@rhubarbcobbler
Is it OK to edit the dates a familiar changed their bond or will that mess anything up?
559.gif302.gif609.gif091.gif229.gif625.giflore_archive_sm_by_xnedra22-d9d0vvz.png
@rhubarbcobbler I don't know what I am doing wrong. I made a new copy, did the copy and paste special paste values only, and about the M's, it goes wrong from there down. Plus, there are two whole lines above there in the Marens that are all green. It's just messed up. Help!
@rhubarbcobbler I don't know what I am doing wrong. I made a new copy, did the copy and paste special paste values only, and about the M's, it goes wrong from there down. Plus, there are two whole lines above there in the Marens that are all green. It's just messed up. Help!
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Xari: It should automatically change when you change the familiar's status using the drop down menu, there's a script for that. Let me know if that's not working for you!

@Twinkletoe: Aah! Is it the same sheet from before? I can look when I get off of work, later tonight.
@Xari: It should automatically change when you change the familiar's status using the drop down menu, there's a script for that. Let me know if that's not working for you!

@Twinkletoe: Aah! Is it the same sheet from before? I can look when I get off of work, later tonight.
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler I have the original one and the new one in my drive, and you are ok to work on both. I tried to get the new one right, using the instructions you gave but I must have messed up somewhere.
@rhubarbcobbler I have the original one and the new one in my drive, and you are ok to work on both. I tried to get the new one right, using the instructions you gave but I must have messed up somewhere.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@rhubarbcobbler
It does work for me, I'm wondering if manually editing the date will mess with the script?
@rhubarbcobbler
It does work for me, I'm wondering if manually editing the date will mess with the script?
559.gif302.gif609.gif091.gif229.gif625.giflore_archive_sm_by_xnedra22-d9d0vvz.png
@Xari: No worries, that won't break anything! But it will be written over, the next time you change the date. I don't know how to change that, I'm slowly trying to learn javascript so I can actually start scripting things...

If you'd like to disable the entire thing, go into... Script gallery? Add-ons? I can't remember... And just delete the script.
@Xari: No worries, that won't break anything! But it will be written over, the next time you change the date. I don't know how to change that, I'm slowly trying to learn javascript so I can actually start scripting things...

If you'd like to disable the entire thing, go into... Script gallery? Add-ons? I can't remember... And just delete the script.
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler
Thanks! I don't want to disable it. Here's a super tiny nitpick, you might've noticed already:
Sköll is spelled Skoll in the tracker, making it come after Skittering Megashrimp so their spots are switched compared to the actual Bestiary (that is, the tracker shows Skittering first, then Sköll, but the bestiary shows Sköll first, then Skittering)
@rhubarbcobbler
Thanks! I don't want to disable it. Here's a super tiny nitpick, you might've noticed already:
Sköll is spelled Skoll in the tracker, making it come after Skittering Megashrimp so their spots are switched compared to the actual Bestiary (that is, the tracker shows Skittering first, then Sköll, but the bestiary shows Sköll first, then Skittering)
@rhubarbcobbler I just went ahead and did the whole thing over again, entering all the data by hand. When I copied as per your instructions, it didn't account for the new familiars, and so all my stuff was wrong from about the M's on. The familiar you congratulated me on is an example of one I never had, but the error in copying over from the old spreadsheet showed I did. So, I fixed it all one line at a time. It's correct now. But I don't know why following your instructions didn't put my input in correctly. It's a mystery to me.
@rhubarbcobbler I just went ahead and did the whole thing over again, entering all the data by hand. When I copied as per your instructions, it didn't account for the new familiars, and so all my stuff was wrong from about the M's on. The familiar you congratulated me on is an example of one I never had, but the error in copying over from the old spreadsheet showed I did. So, I fixed it all one line at a time. It's correct now. But I don't know why following your instructions didn't put my input in correctly. It's a mystery to me.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe: What browser are you using? Sheets seems to work best in Chrome. I have no idea why it would suddenly offset your copy and pasting results! That is really strange!
@Twinkletoe: What browser are you using? Sheets seems to work best in Chrome. I have no idea why it would suddenly offset your copy and pasting results! That is really strange!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler I am using Chrome for my Gmail drive. So I have no idea either!!
@rhubarbcobbler I am using Chrome for my Gmail drive. So I have no idea either!!
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43 44