Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Spreadsheet] Fancy Familiar Tracker
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
@Charoula: I've noticed some weirdness with google's copy and paste as well, but it does work for me.... D: I've noticed that sometimes I can only paste something once, and if I undo and try again, I have to go back and re-copy whatever it was I had copied before.

Oh! What browser are you using? I use Chrome for my google sheets, and this article suggests that maybe that has something to do with it?
@Charoula: I've noticed some weirdness with google's copy and paste as well, but it does work for me.... D: I've noticed that sometimes I can only paste something once, and if I undo and try again, I have to go back and re-copy whatever it was I had copied before.

Oh! What browser are you using? I use Chrome for my google sheets, and this article suggests that maybe that has something to do with it?
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler Hmm, I've been using Firefox, since Chrome liked to give me blue screens of death when I first upgraded to Win10, but I will definitely try it again. I will edit this post with my results. Thank you :)

Edit: It worked! :D
@rhubarbcobbler Hmm, I've been using Firefox, since Chrome liked to give me blue screens of death when I first upgraded to Win10, but I will definitely try it again. I will edit this post with my results. Thank you :)

Edit: It worked! :D
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@Charoula: YAY! Glad that worked!
@Charoula: YAY! Glad that worked!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler love the spreadsheet. Can I be added to the ping list for updates?
@rhubarbcobbler love the spreadsheet. Can I be added to the ping list for updates?
hYalIsL.png
@rhubarcobbler
The spreadsheet is amazing! Could you please add me to the update ping list?
@rhubarcobbler
The spreadsheet is amazing! Could you please add me to the update ping list?
IdpyTj.gif

Going through my sheet today, I realised that I didn't completely fix the QUERYs. >.< I went through and fixed them, then made sure everything worked.

If you'd like to just update them in your sheet (which is easiest)

For the one with Pictures - copy and paste this into the formula bar in cell B1 in the Wary, Tolerant, Relaxed, Inquisitive, Companion, Loyal, Awakened tabs:

=Query(Familiars!A1:S, "Select B, D, E, F, G, I, J, K, S where K

Replacing

=Query(Familiars!A1:S, "Select B, D, E, F, G, I, J, K, S where J

Just changing J to K, but it's much faster for me to be able to select a huge chunk than one letter in a formula.

To make the Lonely Familiars tab work, copy this:

=Query(Familiars!A1:S, "Select B, D, E, F, I, J, K, S where E= 'Yes' and F='No' and K <>'Awakened'", 1)

And replace the entire formula in B1.

For the ones without pictures:

=Query(Familiars!A1:R, "Select B, D, E, F, H, I, R where J

replacing

=Query(Familiars!A1:R, "Select B, D, E, F, H, I, R where I

In B1 of all the different familiar states tabs.

And this:

=Query(Familiars!A1:R, "Select B, C, D, E, H, I, J, R where D= 'Yes' and E='No' and J <>'Awakened'", 1)

Into B1 of the Lonely Familiars tabs.

I'm sorry, and really embarrassed! I tested this thoroughly on both sheets, and everything showed up where it was supposed to. :C Sorry again!

Edited to add: ALSO there are new familars and a new tert?? YES! Updated the sheet, now to update my gene project sheet!

Going through my sheet today, I realised that I didn't completely fix the QUERYs. >.< I went through and fixed them, then made sure everything worked.

If you'd like to just update them in your sheet (which is easiest)

For the one with Pictures - copy and paste this into the formula bar in cell B1 in the Wary, Tolerant, Relaxed, Inquisitive, Companion, Loyal, Awakened tabs:

=Query(Familiars!A1:S, "Select B, D, E, F, G, I, J, K, S where K

Replacing

=Query(Familiars!A1:S, "Select B, D, E, F, G, I, J, K, S where J

Just changing J to K, but it's much faster for me to be able to select a huge chunk than one letter in a formula.

To make the Lonely Familiars tab work, copy this:

=Query(Familiars!A1:S, "Select B, D, E, F, I, J, K, S where E= 'Yes' and F='No' and K <>'Awakened'", 1)

And replace the entire formula in B1.

For the ones without pictures:

=Query(Familiars!A1:R, "Select B, D, E, F, H, I, R where J

replacing

=Query(Familiars!A1:R, "Select B, D, E, F, H, I, R where I

In B1 of all the different familiar states tabs.

And this:

=Query(Familiars!A1:R, "Select B, C, D, E, H, I, J, R where D= 'Yes' and E='No' and J <>'Awakened'", 1)

Into B1 of the Lonely Familiars tabs.

I'm sorry, and really embarrassed! I tested this thoroughly on both sheets, and everything showed up where it was supposed to. :C Sorry again!

Edited to add: ALSO there are new familars and a new tert?? YES! Updated the sheet, now to update my gene project sheet!
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler I somehow missed the new column update, so I need to get the new copy. Please give me permission to make the copy.
@rhubarbcobbler I somehow missed the new column update, so I need to get the new copy. Please give me permission to make the copy.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe: You shouldn't need any extra permissions, you just need to be signed in to a google account (or an account that you've made a google drive for, mine is a hotmail account.)

Then file>make a copy should work.
@Twinkletoe: You shouldn't need any extra permissions, you just need to be signed in to a google account (or an account that you've made a google drive for, mine is a hotmail account.)

Then file>make a copy should work.
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler OK. I was on my husband's account by accident.

Remember the problem with the Cragward Custodian line? It came back with the new version. Only now, not only does the dragon ID square turn green if I say I have the familiar (even though not assigned), but the Level of Bonding box turned green with white letters. Still something funky there.
@rhubarbcobbler OK. I was on my husband's account by accident.

Remember the problem with the Cragward Custodian line? It came back with the new version. Only now, not only does the dragon ID square turn green if I say I have the familiar (even though not assigned), but the Level of Bonding box turned green with white letters. Still something funky there.
dpwzZNV.pngE36y0uf.gif
@Twinkletoe: When you copied the new info, did you go paste>paste special> paste values only? If you straight up copy and paste, it copies the green cells with bolded white lettering of the conditional formatting as well.

If that's what happened, go to a different line, copy it, then go to the cragward custodian line and go paste>paste special>paste format only. This should fix it right up!

If you're having problems with paste special not working, try it again in Chrome. Google might have built sheets to work best with their own browser, the jerks.

(Sorry for the late reply, I ran some errands!)

If this doesn't solve your problem, you could PM me a link to the file, and I'll have a look. :D
@Twinkletoe: When you copied the new info, did you go paste>paste special> paste values only? If you straight up copy and paste, it copies the green cells with bolded white lettering of the conditional formatting as well.

If that's what happened, go to a different line, copy it, then go to the cragward custodian line and go paste>paste special>paste format only. This should fix it right up!

If you're having problems with paste special not working, try it again in Chrome. Google might have built sheets to work best with their own browser, the jerks.

(Sorry for the late reply, I ran some errands!)

If this doesn't solve your problem, you could PM me a link to the file, and I'll have a look. :D
Gf490jR.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44