Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Spreadsheet] Gene Project Sheet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think I have finally got this into good enough shape to post it, and have people tell me what breaks. I hope I got most of it ironed out.

I know there are other gene project trackers out there, but I wanted to try to make one that did everything I wanted to do. I really liked the idea of having both the current FR image, and the one that you're aiming towards displayed, as inspiration. I also wanted to be able to set which projects I was currently working on, because I am horribly scatterbrained and get so excited about all the new projects I could do (I'm looking at you, Shepard) that I never complete the ones I really want to.

So! Here's a way to track and archive 50 gene projects. I don't know if that's too many, and if the sheet will be unusable because of it, but that's what I'm hoping someone will help me find out? I only have 14 projects right now. :S

Make a copy of this sheet, into your own google account. You will need to be signed in to google to do this.

To put in your projects, go to the 'All Projects' sheet and fill in everything in the lighter blue colour. If you try to edit a cell with formulas in it, it should pop up an error message. Anything with a little downward facing arrow on the right side is a drop down menu, like the genes. You can type in there as well, and it will auto-fill in the rest of the word when you select it and hit enter.

Everything you put in project 1 will go into the project 1 sheet, etc.

Version 1.3 is here! Now with an Overview page that only counts up your 'current' projects, wheee!

There is an example dragon as project one. Feel free to delete her and add your own.

I did buy her a remove primary, and that's marked as 'complete'.

I know some of the sheets are pretty wide, specifically Overview and the All Projects sheet, but I'm not sure how to compress them. Let me know if there's any information there that you feel is unnecessary, and I'll see if I can alter it.

Let me know what you think, and if you find any problems!

Also, if there's interest I can start a ping list, for if I update this?

Here's what mine looks like
, to show it in use.

News

January 31st, 2016: Added Stained! Not sure which dragon I'll use that tert on though... OMG it basically puts an adjustment layer over your derg, this is amazing.

July 26th: Added glimmer! You don't have to update to this version, you can just write in 'glimmer' into the tert section on the 'Genes' page, and add in the price. I also fixed the protected ranges on the Overview page, which you can do as well. When on that sheet, go Data>Protected Ranges, and then change ranges V14:16 to U14:V16, and V17:18 to U17:V18. :)

July 16th, 2015: Added spots for scatterscrolls and renaming scrolls, changed the formula for the images so hopefully that will work.

July 12th, 2015: pachirisu found a few errors, which I have since corrected. I also added spaces for renaming scrolls, and for scatter scrolls. I had to do something a little different with the scatterscrolls, because you could conceivably buy them at different times and at different prices, so that is all added up now.

And I just realised I will have to change how the scatterscrolls are totalled. Drat! I will have to fix that later. Expect a new version within the next few weeks, though!

I am currently fixing all the protected ranges in the sheets, which is taking longer than I'd hoped.
I think I have finally got this into good enough shape to post it, and have people tell me what breaks. I hope I got most of it ironed out.

I know there are other gene project trackers out there, but I wanted to try to make one that did everything I wanted to do. I really liked the idea of having both the current FR image, and the one that you're aiming towards displayed, as inspiration. I also wanted to be able to set which projects I was currently working on, because I am horribly scatterbrained and get so excited about all the new projects I could do (I'm looking at you, Shepard) that I never complete the ones I really want to.

So! Here's a way to track and archive 50 gene projects. I don't know if that's too many, and if the sheet will be unusable because of it, but that's what I'm hoping someone will help me find out? I only have 14 projects right now. :S

Make a copy of this sheet, into your own google account. You will need to be signed in to google to do this.

To put in your projects, go to the 'All Projects' sheet and fill in everything in the lighter blue colour. If you try to edit a cell with formulas in it, it should pop up an error message. Anything with a little downward facing arrow on the right side is a drop down menu, like the genes. You can type in there as well, and it will auto-fill in the rest of the word when you select it and hit enter.

Everything you put in project 1 will go into the project 1 sheet, etc.

Version 1.3 is here! Now with an Overview page that only counts up your 'current' projects, wheee!

There is an example dragon as project one. Feel free to delete her and add your own.

I did buy her a remove primary, and that's marked as 'complete'.

I know some of the sheets are pretty wide, specifically Overview and the All Projects sheet, but I'm not sure how to compress them. Let me know if there's any information there that you feel is unnecessary, and I'll see if I can alter it.

Let me know what you think, and if you find any problems!

Also, if there's interest I can start a ping list, for if I update this?

Here's what mine looks like
, to show it in use.

News

January 31st, 2016: Added Stained! Not sure which dragon I'll use that tert on though... OMG it basically puts an adjustment layer over your derg, this is amazing.

July 26th: Added glimmer! You don't have to update to this version, you can just write in 'glimmer' into the tert section on the 'Genes' page, and add in the price. I also fixed the protected ranges on the Overview page, which you can do as well. When on that sheet, go Data>Protected Ranges, and then change ranges V14:16 to U14:V16, and V17:18 to U17:V18. :)

July 16th, 2015: Added spots for scatterscrolls and renaming scrolls, changed the formula for the images so hopefully that will work.

July 12th, 2015: pachirisu found a few errors, which I have since corrected. I also added spaces for renaming scrolls, and for scatter scrolls. I had to do something a little different with the scatterscrolls, because you could conceivably buy them at different times and at different prices, so that is all added up now.

And I just realised I will have to change how the scatterscrolls are totalled. Drat! I will have to fix that later. Expect a new version within the next few weeks, though!

I am currently fixing all the protected ranges in the sheets, which is taking longer than I'd hoped.
Gf490jR.png
For the pinglist, Suggestions.

Pinglist:
@rhubarbcobbler
@Clairvoyant
@Pachirisu
@ophia
@Rosie115

Suggestions:

-A space to track renaming scrolls. - DONE
-A space to track scatter scrolls. - DONE
-Add another box to G:T ratio on Overview page, so it's obvious you only need to put in the treasure amount. - DONE

A link to my Fancy Familiar Tracker.
For the pinglist, Suggestions.

Pinglist:
@rhubarbcobbler
@Clairvoyant
@Pachirisu
@ophia
@Rosie115

Suggestions:

-A space to track renaming scrolls. - DONE
-A space to track scatter scrolls. - DONE
-Add another box to G:T ratio on Overview page, so it's obvious you only need to put in the treasure amount. - DONE

A link to my Fancy Familiar Tracker.
Gf490jR.png
AWESOME!
AWESOME!
GkfDmNh.png
@rhubarbcobbler

Ooh, super-helpful. I know I'm not going to use -everything- on here, but there's quite enough I will be using. ^_^

Edit: A slot to keep track of rename scrolls might be helpful, though.
@rhubarbcobbler

Ooh, super-helpful. I know I'm not going to use -everything- on here, but there's quite enough I will be using. ^_^

Edit: A slot to keep track of rename scrolls might be helpful, though.
nWiQNX9.png
fzM10XR.png
J7D1quC.png
WvEXipG.png
@beckyh2112: That's an idea! I'll write it down. Thanks!

Maybe also something to track scatter scrolls, but I'm not sure if that would actually be useful. I know some people like the ID of the dragon, and will scatter until they get something they like, but if it's a gene project, wouldn't you already a colour combo you liked?

:/
@beckyh2112: That's an idea! I'll write it down. Thanks!

Maybe also something to track scatter scrolls, but I'm not sure if that would actually be useful. I know some people like the ID of the dragon, and will scatter until they get something they like, but if it's a gene project, wouldn't you already a colour combo you liked?

:/
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler

This looks awesome and exactly what I need! Though I've got no idea how to use spreadsheets lol, mind giving me a few pointers please Rhubarb?
@rhubarbcobbler

This looks awesome and exactly what I need! Though I've got no idea how to use spreadsheets lol, mind giving me a few pointers please Rhubarb?
JJR9Q_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif
@Khaleesyn: You'll have to have a google account. Sign into it, open up my spreadsheet, and then go file>make a copy. Then you'll have one that you can edit in your drive!

Go to 'All Projects', and start filling out what you need. Whatever you add in each project should go through to the project sheet of the same number, and you can keep track of things there.

Does that help? Do you need more? Let me know, I can help more. :D
@Khaleesyn: You'll have to have a google account. Sign into it, open up my spreadsheet, and then go file>make a copy. Then you'll have one that you can edit in your drive!

Go to 'All Projects', and start filling out what you need. Whatever you add in each project should go through to the project sheet of the same number, and you can keep track of things there.

Does that help? Do you need more? Let me know, I can help more. :D
Gf490jR.png
@rhubarbcobbler

Luckily I have a google account :D I've made a copy now but how do I edit things exactly? Back in my younger schooling days of vista, excel used to be right clicking or double clicking to edit the words written inside the cell, is it the same here or? I don't wanna screw anything up D:

And yeah this really helps :D Thanks Rhubarb so far!
@rhubarbcobbler

Luckily I have a google account :D I've made a copy now but how do I edit things exactly? Back in my younger schooling days of vista, excel used to be right clicking or double clicking to edit the words written inside the cell, is it the same here or? I don't wanna screw anything up D:

And yeah this really helps :D Thanks Rhubarb so far!
JJR9Q_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif
@Khaleesyn: I've developed a deep love of spreadsheets.

Go into the 'All Projects' sheet, and double click to enter names and stuff. The ones with the little downward arrow in the right corner (the genes) have drop down menus, but you can start typing in the name of the gene and it will auto fill it in for you.

Stuff for you to edit is the lightest blue colour. You can see which is which in the 'instructions' sheet, I have examples there.

If you try to edit something that is automagical with formulas in it, you should get an error message telling you you're trying to edit something you shouldn't, so don't worry tooo much.

If anything gets messed up, you can always snag another copy.
@Khaleesyn: I've developed a deep love of spreadsheets.

Go into the 'All Projects' sheet, and double click to enter names and stuff. The ones with the little downward arrow in the right corner (the genes) have drop down menus, but you can start typing in the name of the gene and it will auto fill it in for you.

Stuff for you to edit is the lightest blue colour. You can see which is which in the 'instructions' sheet, I have examples there.

If you try to edit something that is automagical with formulas in it, you should get an error message telling you you're trying to edit something you shouldn't, so don't worry tooo much.

If anything gets messed up, you can always snag another copy.
Gf490jR.png
Awesome! Thanks @Rhubarbcobbler! I'll ping you again if I have any more troubles ^^
Awesome! Thanks @Rhubarbcobbler! I'll ping you again if I have any more troubles ^^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7