Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Basic Coliseum Build Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
A list of stones by element, and non-element stones, and what level they're good for would be awesome. :O

Would take more work, but what would be even better would be in detailed description of what exactly each stone does damage-wise, and what set up they're best used on.
A list of stones by element, and non-element stones, and what level they're good for would be awesome. :O

Would take more work, but what would be even better would be in detailed description of what exactly each stone does damage-wise, and what set up they're best used on.
@Morris List of all stones, ALL OF THEM: I mean it it's a lot

@Cymas Thank you for this guide! A section explaining stone choices would be EXTREMELY helpful, figuring out elemental restrictions is pretty easy but how many attack stones do I want? What kind of ability combos are good? Are stat stones really useful or just expensive slot-fillers? Etc.
@Morris List of all stones, ALL OF THEM: I mean it it's a lot

@Cymas Thank you for this guide! A section explaining stone choices would be EXTREMELY helpful, figuring out elemental restrictions is pretty easy but how many attack stones do I want? What kind of ability combos are good? Are stat stones really useful or just expensive slot-fillers? Etc.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
@Tabasco You certainly can make a Guardian mage as long as you spend your stat points where they need to be spent. This guide is intended for basic, optimal stat builds only for those who don't want to be messing around with all these other possible combinations.

@Ankokou I'm not saying INT is always bad on a tank, however for the purposes of this guide and specific build, I would not recommend it. I actually do plan on testing a paladin-type build eventually, perhaps with a Tundra. But it's not something I would recommend for someone who's not familiar with these types of battle systems, plus it'll require some finagling with stats and abilities that a beginner probably doesn't want to be messing with right away.

@Morris @Wobblegong beat me to it, I was going to link to that thread lol. I'll add a section in for other useful guides like that one, possibly tomorrow.
@Tabasco You certainly can make a Guardian mage as long as you spend your stat points where they need to be spent. This guide is intended for basic, optimal stat builds only for those who don't want to be messing around with all these other possible combinations.

@Ankokou I'm not saying INT is always bad on a tank, however for the purposes of this guide and specific build, I would not recommend it. I actually do plan on testing a paladin-type build eventually, perhaps with a Tundra. But it's not something I would recommend for someone who's not familiar with these types of battle systems, plus it'll require some finagling with stats and abilities that a beginner probably doesn't want to be messing with right away.

@Morris @Wobblegong beat me to it, I was going to link to that thread lol. I'll add a section in for other useful guides like that one, possibly tomorrow.
Just bumping with an update: you'll notice the guide has more than doubled in length. I added a short introduction to the Coliseum, basic stat breakdown, a miniguide on AGI, the most misunderstood stat in the world, and started a small FAQ, plus links to other useful guides.

Next on the docket is battle basics.
Just bumping with an update: you'll notice the guide has more than doubled in length. I added a short introduction to the Coliseum, basic stat breakdown, a miniguide on AGI, the most misunderstood stat in the world, and started a small FAQ, plus links to other useful guides.

Next on the docket is battle basics.
Thanks for this! Just the info I was looking for :)
Thanks for this! Just the info I was looking for :)
2rho32f.jpg
signature by Latias
So, um... At risk of sounding like a complete idiot, do the ailment-causing elemental abilities (Shock, Sear, etc) cause damage in addition to having the chance to apply their debuff? Or is it only a shot at the debuff itself?
So, um... At risk of sounding like a complete idiot, do the ailment-causing elemental abilities (Shock, Sear, etc) cause damage in addition to having the chance to apply their debuff? Or is it only a shot at the debuff itself?
@Draconargentum

Yes, they deal about the same as the bolts.

EDIT: And for anyone wondering about good elemental team compositions, check out the link in my signature.
@Draconargentum

Yes, they deal about the same as the bolts.

EDIT: And for anyone wondering about good elemental team compositions, check out the link in my signature.
FR_Banners_Lightning_4_zpse7d8d130.png
@Hakka Thank you! Been looking for that answer but haven't been able to find it anywhere.
@Hakka Thank you! Been looking for that answer but haven't been able to find it anywhere.
There may have been a help thread or two about it somewhere; possibly the battle stone thread linked in the OP. I'll add it to the FAQ in the next update.

Speaking of, never fear, it is coming soon. With the site finally back up I've been doing tons of grinding and learning some new tricks of my own. Expect new stuff up in a day or so; it will be another substantial content update, if all goes well.
There may have been a help thread or two about it somewhere; possibly the battle stone thread linked in the OP. I'll add it to the FAQ in the next update.

Speaking of, never fear, it is coming soon. With the site finally back up I've been doing tons of grinding and learning some new tricks of my own. Expect new stuff up in a day or so; it will be another substantial content update, if all goes well.
@Cymas I've been usin 2 DPS (mirrors) and a tank (guardian) for my lvlin, but you don't seem to have that build on your list... is it because its a bad call? xD //shot
@Cymas I've been usin 2 DPS (mirrors) and a tank (guardian) for my lvlin, but you don't seem to have that build on your list... is it because its a bad call? xD //shot
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12