Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 339 340 341 342 343 ... 471 472
Just a quick recommendation for the mage build:

Maybe replace one Ambush with a Discipline (50% chance to get 2x breath)? The extra breath is definitely worth it, as it means fewer wasted turns.

But overall this has been really helpful. I tend to go for well-rounded fighters, so I've been leveling kinda slowly and fights take a while. Getting the stat recommendations will definitely help if I train up a new dragon (or maybe if I just get a book of unlearning).
Just a quick recommendation for the mage build:

Maybe replace one Ambush with a Discipline (50% chance to get 2x breath)? The extra breath is definitely worth it, as it means fewer wasted turns.

But overall this has been really helpful. I tend to go for well-rounded fighters, so I've been leveling kinda slowly and fights take a while. Getting the stat recommendations will definitely help if I train up a new dragon (or maybe if I just get a book of unlearning).
pZx5KDq.jpg
@kipkey Thank you for your reply :D

I realize now that I didn't express myself well, I'm sorry. I'm aware of that particular bug (it's been around for quiiite a long time). What confuses me is that for 3 dragons with 2 ambushes each, I think it was supposed to be 8 turns before the first enemy attack (occasionally a pretty quick enemy could get an attack before the end of the 8 turns but you were still pretty safe usually).

6 ambushes = 6 free turns, then add the 3 normal turns you get before the enemies because you're quicker than them, which makes 9 turns but since one is bugged you only get 8 (which is already pretty decent if you've got 3 dragons fighting). The "problem" for me is to know whether I'm only getting 5 because the second ambush doesn't work/only counts once, or if it's because my dragons are slightly slower than the enemies and all 5 turns I get come from the ambush stones.

The more I think about it, the more it looks like it's the latter and I just didn't place my skill points correctly one year and a half ago when I trained these 3 dragons or rather, I went for the wrong built. I think it's either 50 QCK with more attack or 59 QCK with a little less attack? I didn't remember it impacting the battling in the Kelp Beds so much though :/
@kipkey Thank you for your reply :D

I realize now that I didn't express myself well, I'm sorry. I'm aware of that particular bug (it's been around for quiiite a long time). What confuses me is that for 3 dragons with 2 ambushes each, I think it was supposed to be 8 turns before the first enemy attack (occasionally a pretty quick enemy could get an attack before the end of the 8 turns but you were still pretty safe usually).

6 ambushes = 6 free turns, then add the 3 normal turns you get before the enemies because you're quicker than them, which makes 9 turns but since one is bugged you only get 8 (which is already pretty decent if you've got 3 dragons fighting). The "problem" for me is to know whether I'm only getting 5 because the second ambush doesn't work/only counts once, or if it's because my dragons are slightly slower than the enemies and all 5 turns I get come from the ambush stones.

The more I think about it, the more it looks like it's the latter and I just didn't place my skill points correctly one year and a half ago when I trained these 3 dragons or rather, I went for the wrong built. I think it's either 50 QCK with more attack or 59 QCK with a little less attack? I didn't remember it impacting the battling in the Kelp Beds so much though :/
8Wxihjh.gifOco7Apd.png
You can do the dang golem workshop with two level 25 dragons and no eleminates so dont worry about wasting money on them
You can do the dang golem workshop with two level 25 dragons and no eleminates so dont worry about wasting money on them
6kN0bTT.png
@Atrilam

Kelp Beds monsters have 53-62 QCK (see the Coliseum Damage Calculator, Monster stats mode), so at 50 QCK you will get only the Ambush turns.
@Atrilam

Kelp Beds monsters have 53-62 QCK (see the Coliseum Damage Calculator, Monster stats mode), so at 50 QCK you will get only the Ambush turns.
@maki

Thank you for your reply, it was really helpful! And it's a relief to learn that there isn't any problem with the ambush stones.

Well, time to buy that tincture I guess! :D
@maki

Thank you for your reply, it was really helpful! And it's a relief to learn that there isn't any problem with the ambush stones.

Well, time to buy that tincture I guess! :D
8Wxihjh.gifOco7Apd.png
How can I decide which is the best dragon to start "training"? I'm new and it's a tad confusing, I just randomly chose three and tuck with those
thanks! ^^
How can I decide which is the best dragon to start "training"? I'm new and it's a tad confusing, I just randomly chose three and tuck with those
thanks! ^^
txa43GE.jpg
Hey could anyone help me? I couldn't find this anywhere, so I'm asking here. Which dragon would be best to start off with? I'd like to know breeds, because I know that arcane is very recommended. Also, is it possible to remove and replace stones in dragons? So I could use pearlcatchers as a Mire build by replacing their breath with scratch? Thank you!!
Hey could anyone help me? I couldn't find this anywhere, so I'm asking here. Which dragon would be best to start off with? I'd like to know breeds, because I know that arcane is very recommended. Also, is it possible to remove and replace stones in dragons? So I could use pearlcatchers as a Mire build by replacing their breath with scratch? Thank you!!
2fdbfac9_0033_40c6_b90e_7c7c6ea7c2d8_by_silverwing0519-dchgpiu.gif2zr4y0I.png
@Silverwing0519 It's possible to replace but not possible to remove (and keep) stones. So if you replace a Pearlcatchers meditate with scratch, the meditate will be completely gone. And I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think dragon breed matters to much. At least when following this guide, all dragon stats are within 3(?) points of each other. I currently have a team composed of a Skydancer, a Nocturne, and an Imperial and they're doing great!

Hope this helps! ^^
@Silverwing0519 It's possible to replace but not possible to remove (and keep) stones. So if you replace a Pearlcatchers meditate with scratch, the meditate will be completely gone. And I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think dragon breed matters to much. At least when following this guide, all dragon stats are within 3(?) points of each other. I currently have a team composed of a Skydancer, a Nocturne, and an Imperial and they're doing great!

Hope this helps! ^^
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
@alskasaur ah thank you so much! I was worried I started to stat the wrong breeds!
@alskasaur ah thank you so much! I was worried I started to stat the wrong breeds!
2fdbfac9_0033_40c6_b90e_7c7c6ea7c2d8_by_silverwing0519-dchgpiu.gif2zr4y0I.png
@Silverwing0519 No problem! Also just realized that there's a link in the first post that helps with that! Sylvandyr's dragon stat calculator

Hope this helps even more! ^^
@Silverwing0519 No problem! Also just realized that there's a link in the first post that helps with that! Sylvandyr's dragon stat calculator

Hope this helps even more! ^^
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
1 2 ... 339 340 341 342 343 ... 471 472