Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dramatic price drops
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
The price is going to go lower and then I expect something like the dragon's generation will determine value.
The price is going to go lower and then I expect something like the dragon's generation will determine value.
Participating in Trick or Treat
tumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
Most people I see don't actually care about the generation at all, so I doubt it... And the ones who do only care about first-gen (for RP purposes?), which is special anyway, because you can only buy those if they come from found eggs. I'd be really surprised if generation ended up mattering beyond that - it's such an arbitrary and pointless thing.
Most people I see don't actually care about the generation at all, so I doubt it... And the ones who do only care about first-gen (for RP purposes?), which is special anyway, because you can only buy those if they come from found eggs. I'd be really surprised if generation ended up mattering beyond that - it's such an arbitrary and pointless thing.
Oh, but purchasing items ingame for RL money won't pose much of a motivation if the market is flooded with dragons in beautful combinations at dirt cheap prices.

If generation doesn't eventuate I will honestly be surprised. If one had the chance of purchasing an Imperial scroll, it would be awesome. But there is little distinction at all between a scrolled Imp with heritage and an unscrolled one, then lineage may be the difference between awesome and perhaps unique. It might not matter most of the time, but on the off-chance that it does matter, I would choose a heritage-less one. Old habits are very hard to shake off.
Oh, but purchasing items ingame for RL money won't pose much of a motivation if the market is flooded with dragons in beautful combinations at dirt cheap prices.

If generation doesn't eventuate I will honestly be surprised. If one had the chance of purchasing an Imperial scroll, it would be awesome. But there is little distinction at all between a scrolled Imp with heritage and an unscrolled one, then lineage may be the difference between awesome and perhaps unique. It might not matter most of the time, but on the off-chance that it does matter, I would choose a heritage-less one. Old habits are very hard to shake off.
@Fishspeakers gave a great analysis on why this is going on.

Also, I think we don't have a choice. It's what happens with this kind of economy. It's like capitalism. The admins can't interfere how people choose to do their business as long as it's legal.

I think the best they can do is modify treasure outputs from exalting and fairgrounds to balance out the decreased dragon prices.
@Fishspeakers gave a great analysis on why this is going on.

Also, I think we don't have a choice. It's what happens with this kind of economy. It's like capitalism. The admins can't interfere how people choose to do their business as long as it's legal.

I think the best they can do is modify treasure outputs from exalting and fairgrounds to balance out the decreased dragon prices.
Please tag me if you want my attention!
Formerly known as "Bobbina"
Recently came back after a long hiatus, so sorry if I'm new to some things
I sold one of my dragons for 1 treasure to get rid of it, but it was snatched up after a relatively short period, so I'm not sure how it's going to work later.
I sold one of my dragons for 1 treasure to get rid of it, but it was snatched up after a relatively short period, so I'm not sure how it's going to work later.
these price drops are getting pretty bad. i see starter breeds going for less than 5k now, and even rare breeds are dropping below 100k.
these price drops are getting pretty bad. i see starter breeds going for less than 5k now, and even rare breeds are dropping below 100k.
HiUKwXG.png pancatcher.png hkcNy4m.jpg
An aside to the whole dragon price issue: the price of gems has been skyrocketing. Two weeks ago it was 1:85, last week it was 1:87, this week there are tons of topics in Items For Sale with people buying unlimited numbers of gems for 1:100. I have no idea what it's about.
An aside to the whole dragon price issue: the price of gems has been skyrocketing. Two weeks ago it was 1:85, last week it was 1:87, this week there are tons of topics in Items For Sale with people buying unlimited numbers of gems for 1:100. I have no idea what it's about.
U3uWWAU.png
I've noticed that recently (and i owned joined about a month ago) that prices are horrid now though i dont mind being able to get the non-newbie breeds but having people sell there starter breed for 5k just anouys me since its killing the economy. Heck the very first dragon i bought was my 2 gened fae for 120k
I've noticed that recently (and i owned joined about a month ago) that prices are horrid now though i dont mind being able to get the non-newbie breeds but having people sell there starter breed for 5k just anouys me since its killing the economy. Heck the very first dragon i bought was my 2 gened fae for 120k
700px-MH_10th_Anniversary-Main_Series_Monsters_Comparison.png
The price of paid goods always rises. Because people spent real money on gems, I think that the closure of registrations is bottlenecking the number of people able to or potentially going to pay money for gems. Furthermore, some individuals are buying gems from other users for treasure, only to resell them at a profit.
The price of paid goods always rises. Because people spent real money on gems, I think that the closure of registrations is bottlenecking the number of people able to or potentially going to pay money for gems. Furthermore, some individuals are buying gems from other users for treasure, only to resell them at a profit.
[quote name="Clarinae" date="2013-07-30 15:08:38" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=829987#830555"]I am one of the minority on this site who believes that the vast bulk of our earnings [b]should[/b] come from dragon sales. At the end of the day, this is a [b]pet breeding site.[/b] I think that's just common sense.[/quote] Well, I think that will be true for established players, who can breed Wildclaws and Spirals and gened dragons. New players will be able to make more money in the Fairgrounds than they could possibly make by breeding dragons - and established players will be able to make so much money from selling dragons that the Fairgrounds won't be worth bothering with. Plus, players [i]can't[/i] just make money from breeding and selling dragons, because ultimately the money to [b]buy[/b] them has to come from somewhere else. If the person who bought your dragons sold his to raise the money, then how did someone buy his? This means that after the new servers are up, and then new players are allowed to sign up again, the game's economy will get back to normal - because then there will be players starting up who need dragons to get started. [quote name="bobbina" date="2013-08-03 12:03:52" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=14&id=829987#920051"]Also, I think we don't have a choice. It's what happens with this kind of economy. It's like capitalism. The admins can't interfere how people choose to do their business as long as it's legal.[/quote]Actually, they could do just about anything they want. But the question should be - and probably [i]will[/i] be, for them - is whatever they do going to make the game more fun, leading to more people wanting to play it? That may not lead to the same kind of result as one might expect if one is thinking in terms of fairness to people who have been playing - although things that lead to frustration and disappointment aren't fun, and thus should be avoided.
I am one of the minority on this site who believes that the vast bulk of our earnings should come from dragon sales. At the end of the day, this is a pet breeding site. I think that's just common sense.
Well, I think that will be true for established players, who can breed Wildclaws and Spirals and gened dragons.

New players will be able to make more money in the Fairgrounds than they could possibly make by breeding dragons - and established players will be able to make so much money from selling dragons that the Fairgrounds won't be worth bothering with.

Plus, players can't just make money from breeding and selling dragons, because ultimately the money to buy them has to come from somewhere else. If the person who bought your dragons sold his to raise the money, then how did someone buy his?

This means that after the new servers are up, and then new players are allowed to sign up again, the game's economy will get back to normal - because then there will be players starting up who need dragons to get started.
Actually, they could do just about anything they want.

But the question should be - and probably will be, for them - is whatever they do going to make the game more fun, leading to more people wanting to play it?

That may not lead to the same kind of result as one might expect if one is thinking in terms of fairness to people who have been playing - although things that lead to frustration and disappointment aren't fun, and thus should be avoided.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15