Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dramatic price drops
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@Sorel

People want to breed dragons and get money. But I think dragons should be more like 10k treasure, not 2k.
@Sorel

People want to breed dragons and get money. But I think dragons should be more like 10k treasure, not 2k.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
This might be an unpopular opinion but as a relatively new player the price on dragons seems way too high to me...why would an all basic dragon be worth 60K or more? Is it too far to venture that dragons initially were over priced and now they're balancing out to what I feel is a decent price range between 10-30k depending on how popular the colors are?

Other than that someone suggested that selling dragons become the main way for people to earn treasure and I have to say there are players like me who'd hate that and I'd probably leave tbh. I'd much rather buy peoples dragons (if they're reasonably priced) then sell my own and that sort of system would make it impossible for me to play flight rising the way I'm most comfortable with.

I do feel bad for people who're lowering their prices on gened/rare breeds though; I mean if you coughed up 300k in T or bought something in gems it shouldn't go much lower then 100k because you had to grind to get that T or spent actual money so you should get back at least 1/3 of your costs.
This might be an unpopular opinion but as a relatively new player the price on dragons seems way too high to me...why would an all basic dragon be worth 60K or more? Is it too far to venture that dragons initially were over priced and now they're balancing out to what I feel is a decent price range between 10-30k depending on how popular the colors are?

Other than that someone suggested that selling dragons become the main way for people to earn treasure and I have to say there are players like me who'd hate that and I'd probably leave tbh. I'd much rather buy peoples dragons (if they're reasonably priced) then sell my own and that sort of system would make it impossible for me to play flight rising the way I'm most comfortable with.

I do feel bad for people who're lowering their prices on gened/rare breeds though; I mean if you coughed up 300k in T or bought something in gems it shouldn't go much lower then 100k because you had to grind to get that T or spent actual money so you should get back at least 1/3 of your costs.
Alright then. Wormwood's going to give his opinion and I doubt anyone's going to particularly like it. Tends to be the trend with my posts.

I've been on this site 21 days. I guess I could be considered new because of this. When I joined you couldn't find nice looking dragons for less then 15K. This continued a while. I was so proud of myself for finding a gened basic for as little as 90k.

Suddenly, BOOM, problems start occurring. Suddenly the site down. Suddenly rollbacks.

When I joined, yes, there were bugs, but they hadn't got as bad as they have been recently. The site closes down for a little while, I log back on, suddenly, boom, babies at 5k. Why? Because the games were not working. You couldn't get money. People were desperate to sell their dragons because they couldn't make money elsewhere.
Some people can only have time for the site at specific times, if the site is down during that time, what do they do? They can't make money.

I don't know about any of you, but I simply can't stay in the coli or fairgrounds all day because I can, and have, gotten some pretty bad headaches from them.
I have a hard enough time leveling dragons I want to keep, let along ones that I dislike and want to get rid of.
If you made exalting more appealing then selling babies for peanuts, then you'll see the prices rise there again.

I've had to pay real money to this site to get my foot in the door. Do I ever keep gems? No, of course not. They're almost useless to me. Everyone wants treasure. I've almost always sold it for treasure.
Alright then. Wormwood's going to give his opinion and I doubt anyone's going to particularly like it. Tends to be the trend with my posts.

I've been on this site 21 days. I guess I could be considered new because of this. When I joined you couldn't find nice looking dragons for less then 15K. This continued a while. I was so proud of myself for finding a gened basic for as little as 90k.

Suddenly, BOOM, problems start occurring. Suddenly the site down. Suddenly rollbacks.

When I joined, yes, there were bugs, but they hadn't got as bad as they have been recently. The site closes down for a little while, I log back on, suddenly, boom, babies at 5k. Why? Because the games were not working. You couldn't get money. People were desperate to sell their dragons because they couldn't make money elsewhere.
Some people can only have time for the site at specific times, if the site is down during that time, what do they do? They can't make money.

I don't know about any of you, but I simply can't stay in the coli or fairgrounds all day because I can, and have, gotten some pretty bad headaches from them.
I have a hard enough time leveling dragons I want to keep, let along ones that I dislike and want to get rid of.
If you made exalting more appealing then selling babies for peanuts, then you'll see the prices rise there again.

I've had to pay real money to this site to get my foot in the door. Do I ever keep gems? No, of course not. They're almost useless to me. Everyone wants treasure. I've almost always sold it for treasure.
@Wormwood

Applause. and seconding.
@Wormwood

Applause. and seconding.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
@wormwood Yeah that price is really low, I honestly think 10k for a lot of those hatchlings is a fair price at the low end. I honestly never use the price feature because it typically lags so much that it's not worth the it to me so I had no idea the prices had dropped that much for them.

In the end we've a fluctuating market as everyone else has pointed out; sellers have to kinda roll with the dice till the pendulum swings in their direction. Right now we have a buyers market and to those who have their dragons in the AH good luck with sells!

@wormwood Yeah that price is really low, I honestly think 10k for a lot of those hatchlings is a fair price at the low end. I honestly never use the price feature because it typically lags so much that it's not worth the it to me so I had no idea the prices had dropped that much for them.

In the end we've a fluctuating market as everyone else has pointed out; sellers have to kinda roll with the dice till the pendulum swings in their direction. Right now we have a buyers market and to those who have their dragons in the AH good luck with sells!

I have mixd feelings...I mean, considering that the cheapest APPARELS are 4K (without the dominance discount), ANY hatchling should be at least 10K.

Now, that's how it SHOULD be, I guess.

How it is, though, for me, is I have 7 starter breeds, no money, all on cool down, and no coliseum or runestones to get me money. I've resorted to spending ALL my gathering turns on Scavenging in the hopes of find a chest. Then I just sell everything, even apparel and familiars. As soon as my eggs hatch, I send them to the AH for around 5-7k , because anything higher wont sell if its a starter breed.

Meanwhile I see hatcheries opening up everywhere, people selling imperials and WILDCLAWS and Spirals for 100, 150, 200, even 400k! And I'm thinking:
How do you get this much cash?
If you're like me (a non kickstarter-donor) who began FR with two starters and a bag of dreams of genes, imperials and fully-adorned beauties, only to find that your first clutch barely gets you 40K IF YOU'RE LUCKY, you're probably thinking WHAT THE CORNBREAD.

I guess my main point is: I mostly agree with what most people here are saying. Don't sell your hatchies for anything cheaper than 10 (starters only). I'll start trying too. It's been a hard past month, but I think I've finally learned how to survive here. Well see if my plans work...
I have mixd feelings...I mean, considering that the cheapest APPARELS are 4K (without the dominance discount), ANY hatchling should be at least 10K.

Now, that's how it SHOULD be, I guess.

How it is, though, for me, is I have 7 starter breeds, no money, all on cool down, and no coliseum or runestones to get me money. I've resorted to spending ALL my gathering turns on Scavenging in the hopes of find a chest. Then I just sell everything, even apparel and familiars. As soon as my eggs hatch, I send them to the AH for around 5-7k , because anything higher wont sell if its a starter breed.

Meanwhile I see hatcheries opening up everywhere, people selling imperials and WILDCLAWS and Spirals for 100, 150, 200, even 400k! And I'm thinking:
How do you get this much cash?
If you're like me (a non kickstarter-donor) who began FR with two starters and a bag of dreams of genes, imperials and fully-adorned beauties, only to find that your first clutch barely gets you 40K IF YOU'RE LUCKY, you're probably thinking WHAT THE CORNBREAD.

I guess my main point is: I mostly agree with what most people here are saying. Don't sell your hatchies for anything cheaper than 10 (starters only). I'll start trying too. It's been a hard past month, but I think I've finally learned how to survive here. Well see if my plans work...
webp-net-gifmaker-1.gif37894-D04-754-B-46-DC-8-CA7-3-F60232-AD2-D0.png
@CaptainFleeper
Digging, from what I've seen is the best way to get chests when gathering (scavenging just gets me bone jars and ugh).

Eventually prices will go up again people just need to be patient; it'll probably gradually work back up to high prices when FR lets newcomers sign up once more.

Other than that work the coli for food (have either a crap load of mirrors or guardians when starting out) and save your money. It takes a loooong time though. Just use the bare necessities for awhile. Also I saw a thing where people were renting out nests -maybe you should check into doing that for say 5k or so?

@CaptainFleeper
Digging, from what I've seen is the best way to get chests when gathering (scavenging just gets me bone jars and ugh).

Eventually prices will go up again people just need to be patient; it'll probably gradually work back up to high prices when FR lets newcomers sign up once more.

Other than that work the coli for food (have either a crap load of mirrors or guardians when starting out) and save your money. It takes a loooong time though. Just use the bare necessities for awhile. Also I saw a thing where people were renting out nests -maybe you should check into doing that for say 5k or so?

@olileah

Yeah, I actually meant digging. I got them mixed up. XD

@olileah

Yeah, I actually meant digging. I got them mixed up. XD

webp-net-gifmaker-1.gif37894-D04-754-B-46-DC-8-CA7-3-F60232-AD2-D0.png
@CaptainFleeper

I'm a Kickstarter donor but I haven't received any treasure from it. I also haven't spent a single cent on this game or earned more than 20k per day from the Fair, except for once.

Now the question is, how did you get your Imps?
@CaptainFleeper

I'm a Kickstarter donor but I haven't received any treasure from it. I also haven't spent a single cent on this game or earned more than 20k per day from the Fair, except for once.

Now the question is, how did you get your Imps?
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
Just to throw my two cents in, but Wormwood made a good point earlier about the rollbacks and the lag. Hatchlings are cheeper because people are desperate to sell their babies. I think after a while, people will get over the fact that not every hatchling will be bought. Exaltation is a feature. Use it. Honestly, I'm amazing that I sold my first clutch because there were some ugly babies in that clutch that really should have been exalted. Once people realize that their ungened starter hatchling with slightly clashing colors won't sell, they'll take them off the AH and maybe prices will rise once the mediocre hatchlings are "weeded out" so to speak. The site is still in it's infancy and for a while, people were able to sell hatchlings for 30k (I know I sold my first hatchlings) for around that much) because there just weren't that many hatchlings floating around.

Once the Coliseum and the Fairgrounds are back and the payout for Shock Switch is adjusted, it'll get better. It takes almost no time to level up to 3 and it probably won't take that much time to exalt a hatchling for 5-7k.

Anyways, I hope that wasn't too redundant or repetitive.
Just to throw my two cents in, but Wormwood made a good point earlier about the rollbacks and the lag. Hatchlings are cheeper because people are desperate to sell their babies. I think after a while, people will get over the fact that not every hatchling will be bought. Exaltation is a feature. Use it. Honestly, I'm amazing that I sold my first clutch because there were some ugly babies in that clutch that really should have been exalted. Once people realize that their ungened starter hatchling with slightly clashing colors won't sell, they'll take them off the AH and maybe prices will rise once the mediocre hatchlings are "weeded out" so to speak. The site is still in it's infancy and for a while, people were able to sell hatchlings for 30k (I know I sold my first hatchlings) for around that much) because there just weren't that many hatchlings floating around.

Once the Coliseum and the Fairgrounds are back and the payout for Shock Switch is adjusted, it'll get better. It takes almost no time to level up to 3 and it probably won't take that much time to exalt a hatchling for 5-7k.

Anyways, I hope that wasn't too redundant or repetitive.
tumblr_ntrk5fRxsj1sk2f1lo1_500.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15