Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 533 534 535 536 537 ... 592 593
Got this one pretty much as soon as adds were turned back on :(

https://aweeklydealreviews.site/396e1d177b18d27a9d0a3862c97c2eae/index.html?isp=Columbia%20Power%20and%20Water%20Systems&trackid=20190415232511379#
Got this one pretty much as soon as adds were turned back on :(

https://aweeklydealreviews.site/396e1d177b18d27a9d0a3862c97c2eae/index.html?isp=Columbia%20Power%20and%20Water%20Systems&trackid=20190415232511379#
[quote name="Undel" date="2019-04-15 09:43:04" ] Sorry about this everyone. I've contacted hiveworks and they say this is a network wide problem on some of the major ad networks that cropped up today. We'll be disabling mobile ads shortly while this shakes out. There's no one single ad to block sadly. It'll be on the ad networks themselves to get these out of the system. [/quote] I don't know if the ads just haven't been turned off yet, or they were off and are back on again, but I turned the parental controls off just now and got redirected almost immediately by the same ad I reported this morning.
Undel wrote on 2019-04-15 09:43:04:
Sorry about this everyone. I've contacted hiveworks and they say this is a network wide problem on some of the major ad networks that cropped up today. We'll be disabling mobile ads shortly while this shakes out. There's no one single ad to block sadly. It'll be on the ad networks themselves to get these out of the system.

I don't know if the ads just haven't been turned off yet, or they were off and are back on again, but I turned the parental controls off just now and got redirected almost immediately by the same ad I reported this morning.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
[quote name="bittybatty" date="2019-04-15 16:18:32" ] Literally as soon as ads got re-enabled I got another pop up... [/quote] Same here. Was redirected 3 times in a row as soon as I returned by the same ad I posted before. [emoji=coatl sad]
bittybatty wrote on 2019-04-15 16:18:32:
Literally as soon as ads got re-enabled I got another pop up...

Same here. Was redirected 3 times in a row as soon as I returned by the same ad I posted before.
db5tugi-dc7cad0e-216e-4be0-a2e2-6df929902aba.png -- - Tru
- She / Her
- Dragon Lover

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
(Can't screenshot it because it's so aggressive - don't want to mess with it on my phone)

But I've been getting the popups (mentioned above) all day on my phone (I've cleared browsing history 4-5 times because of it).
  • The popups made the site unusable (you can't go back; as soon as you open a new window, the popup is there again after going to one to three pages on the site; etc).
  • It's always a popup about winning an award.
  • I think it's from a banner at the bottom of the page. It scrolled down suddenly on one occasion, and acted as though I had clicked on the banner. But usually it just happens when you are either switching to a new page, or when you go to a different tab for a while and then return to FlightRising (your page is a popup when you return to it).
  • Adblock seems to fix it, but that also denies FlightRising ad revenue.

On a separate note:
  • The Child/Armistice ad I've seen mentioned has been opening in a new tab frequently for me. I thought it was just my dumb thumbs, but it was always just that one ad.
(Can't screenshot it because it's so aggressive - don't want to mess with it on my phone)

But I've been getting the popups (mentioned above) all day on my phone (I've cleared browsing history 4-5 times because of it).
  • The popups made the site unusable (you can't go back; as soon as you open a new window, the popup is there again after going to one to three pages on the site; etc).
  • It's always a popup about winning an award.
  • I think it's from a banner at the bottom of the page. It scrolled down suddenly on one occasion, and acted as though I had clicked on the banner. But usually it just happens when you are either switching to a new page, or when you go to a different tab for a while and then return to FlightRising (your page is a popup when you return to it).
  • Adblock seems to fix it, but that also denies FlightRising ad revenue.

On a separate note:
  • The Child/Armistice ad I've seen mentioned has been opening in a new tab frequently for me. I thought it was just my dumb thumbs, but it was always just that one ad.
QtezsCP.png

3GyKulQ.gif
I've been getting quite a few of them today. Only on mobile, which is why I've never whitelisted the site - this keeps happening. The ads still pop up on mobile, even as we speak. [spoiler] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/554005473972453397/567493080085692419/image0.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/554005473972453397/567493080568299530/image1.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/554005473972453397/567493080568299533/image2.png[/img][/spoiler]
I've been getting quite a few of them today. Only on mobile, which is why I've never whitelisted the site - this keeps happening. The ads still pop up on mobile, even as we speak.

image0.png

image1.png

image2.png
tumblr_ps6aiaSpNY1ugssd3o8_r1_500.png
It might be just me (also because I run Disconnect on all websites so I can still see ads but block malicious stuff) but I only have an ad for videogamer.com. That's it. I don't see any other ad. I turned it off and it's still the same. There's no ad variety, so IDK if that's the ad provider or what.
It might be just me (also because I run Disconnect on all websites so I can still see ads but block malicious stuff) but I only have an ad for videogamer.com. That's it. I don't see any other ad. I turned it off and it's still the same. There's no ad variety, so IDK if that's the ad provider or what.
banner_left2_by_mattsykun-dbncgrn.png banner_top_by_mattsykun-dblzc0q.png
bannner_mid2_by_mattsykun-dbncgfs.png
banner_bottom_by_mattsykun-dblzc0v.png
[quote name="CreamGravy" date="2019-04-15 19:17:11" ] It might be just me (also because I run Disconnect on all websites so I can still see ads but block malicious stuff) but I only have an ad for videogamer.com. That's it. I don't see any other ad. I turned it off and it's still the same. There's no ad variety, so IDK if that's the ad provider or what. [/quote] Same here. Did a few refreshes on different pages and the only change was an ad for Hiveworks itself. They might still be sorting things out from this morning.
CreamGravy wrote on 2019-04-15 19:17:11:
Same here. Did a few refreshes on different pages and the only change was an ad for Hiveworks itself. They might still be sorting things out from this morning.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
[img]https://imgur.com/YKsy4hg.png[/img] I honestly don't trust this advertisement. You can't even see the AdChoices logo in any of the corners.
YKsy4hg.png

I honestly don't trust this advertisement. You can't even see the AdChoices logo in any of the corners.
on PC, getting some ads from Rakuten that feature a cartoon woman with see through clothes. i'll try to grab a link next time it pops up.
on PC, getting some ads from Rakuten that feature a cartoon woman with see through clothes. i'll try to grab a link next time it pops up.
……....…....giphy.gif textCasual player, I might be a bit slow to respond. giphy.gif

ua2733b.png2ivyzo6.jpg
2ivyzo6.jpg
[quote name="MoonwalkingZear" date="2019-04-17 15:31:24" ] [img]https://imgur.com/YKsy4hg.png[/img] I honestly don't trust this advertisement. You can't even see the AdChoices logo in any of the corners. [/quote] Getting this and only this ad too.
MoonwalkingZear wrote on 2019-04-17 15:31:24:
YKsy4hg.png

I honestly don't trust this advertisement. You can't even see the AdChoices logo in any of the corners.
Getting this and only this ad too.
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
1 2 ... 533 534 535 536 537 ... 592 593