Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
1 2 ... 375 376 377 378 379 ... 592 593
Is... Is anyone else getting a couple of ads despite having adblock? None of them seem innapropriate, but I'm kinda wary because, well, I shouldn't really be seeing them because, well, the adblocker blocks just about every ad...
Is... Is anyone else getting a couple of ads despite having adblock? None of them seem innapropriate, but I'm kinda wary because, well, I shouldn't really be seeing them because, well, the adblocker blocks just about every ad...
T3TuubO.png
Just got the same thing that @/Deluxe had- couldn't grab anything bc I had been in a different tab and came back to see it and that generally freaks me out so I went back before I thought to get a screenshot or anything.

edit;;; whoops forgot to say were i saw it- i was in the AH looking at male tundra accents!
Just got the same thing that @/Deluxe had- couldn't grab anything bc I had been in a different tab and came back to see it and that generally freaks me out so I went back before I thought to get a screenshot or anything.

edit;;; whoops forgot to say were i saw it- i was in the AH looking at male tundra accents!
Na5WGHa.png
I too have experienced the ad that freezes the computer. Either it redirects to a different page warning about a malicious virus, or it freezes everything to the point where I have to shut off the laptop completely. It's gotten to the point where I have to block all ads. My laptop's too old for this virus bull. It won't handle another massive attack.

It often happens while I'm in my hoard, trying to feed my dragons :/
I too have experienced the ad that freezes the computer. Either it redirects to a different page warning about a malicious virus, or it freezes everything to the point where I have to shut off the laptop completely. It's gotten to the point where I have to block all ads. My laptop's too old for this virus bull. It won't handle another massive attack.

It often happens while I'm in my hoard, trying to feed my dragons :/
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
My browser keeps catching this url called "t.thinfeedback.com" on this site (which I presume is from an ad, since when I used adblocker that warning never came up). My browser warns that it's trying to extract information and/or install malware. While my browser could catch it, there is a potential danger for those who do not have such security measures (not to mention the inconvenience for everyone involved).

Here's the screenshot:

35ml8qs.png
My browser keeps catching this url called "t.thinfeedback.com" on this site (which I presume is from an ad, since when I used adblocker that warning never came up). My browser warns that it's trying to extract information and/or install malware. While my browser could catch it, there is a potential danger for those who do not have such security measures (not to mention the inconvenience for everyone involved).

Here's the screenshot:

35ml8qs.png
Guess what? I'm raising eggs on dragcave too. Give them some clicks?
4F2gE.gif4Vsv6.gifYYxsZ.gifZd4so.gif
[quote=akwkitty]I keep getting an ad that plays audio something along the lines of, "Your computer has informed us that it is infected with a virus" and it freezes my browser every time. It's happened 4 times in the last week alone. I can't just close the window via the X or by right clicking on the icon on my task bar, I have to go into the task manager and kill the process in there. I haven't actually SEEN the ad, because it always plays and freezes the window before I can scroll down. But along the bottom of the screen, it shows "Waiting for critical-warningdav21e.stream..." in the place where it usually displays the information for URLs that I hover over or other loading information. I want to support your site by disabling my ad blocker. But I don't want ads that play noise, and I REALLY don't want ads that crash my browser. Please look into this. I'm using Windows 10 with Chrome browser. I always have multiple tabs up, but I know that it's Flight Rising that is causing the ad because I don't have my ad blocker disabled on any other site, and Chrome shows the speaker in the Flight Rising tab to show that it's the one playing the noise.[/quote] That, word for word, is exactly what happened to me just now. Today I decided to disable my adblocker on FR because maybe the audio ads and false virus warnings had gone away! Well, now my adblocker is on again. I would really love to support FR, and I'm sure everyone else here feels the same way. But I had to force a shutdown just to get my computer functioning again because of this ad (or whatever it is), which has happened to me multiple times before this, and until it gets fixed I can't risk it happening again. Imagine if it happened when i was right in the middle of writing a long dragon bio or trying to complete a request for another player, whatever that might be? Didn't mean to rant. But it's really become an issue.
akwkitty wrote:
I keep getting an ad that plays audio something along the lines of, "Your computer has informed us that it is infected with a virus" and it freezes my browser every time. It's happened 4 times in the last week alone. I can't just close the window via the X or by right clicking on the icon on my task bar, I have to go into the task manager and kill the process in there.

I haven't actually SEEN the ad, because it always plays and freezes the window before I can scroll down. But along the bottom of the screen, it shows "Waiting for critical-warningdav21e.stream..." in the place where it usually displays the information for URLs that I hover over or other loading information.

I want to support your site by disabling my ad blocker. But I don't want ads that play noise, and I REALLY don't want ads that crash my browser. Please look into this.

I'm using Windows 10 with Chrome browser. I always have multiple tabs up, but I know that it's Flight Rising that is causing the ad because I don't have my ad blocker disabled on any other site, and Chrome shows the speaker in the Flight Rising tab to show that it's the one playing the noise.
That, word for word, is exactly what happened to me just now. Today I decided to disable my adblocker on FR because maybe the audio ads and false virus warnings had gone away! Well, now my adblocker is on again. I would really love to support FR, and I'm sure everyone else here feels the same way. But I had to force a shutdown just to get my computer functioning again because of this ad (or whatever it is), which has happened to me multiple times before this, and until it gets fixed I can't risk it happening again. Imagine if it happened when i was right in the middle of writing a long dragon bio or trying to complete a request for another player, whatever that might be?
Didn't mean to rant. But it's really become an issue.
m87ieVe.png
I just got a video ad, with autoplaying audio, letterboxed into a tiny square in the center of the footer on Shock Switch, using Chrome. I didn't catch the name, as it was gone by the time I checked back on it, but it was a car ad of some sort... That's not supposed to happen, right? Sorry I don't have any more specific/helpful information. :/
I just got a video ad, with autoplaying audio, letterboxed into a tiny square in the center of the footer on Shock Switch, using Chrome. I didn't catch the name, as it was gone by the time I checked back on it, but it was a car ad of some sort... That's not supposed to happen, right? Sorry I don't have any more specific/helpful information. :/
[She/Her | FR+1]
fqn8lLh.png
not sure if this counts as inappropriate or not, but I don't think a website that's offering a free waxing is appropriate for a website based around pixelated dragons.

wumc04.png
not sure if this counts as inappropriate or not, but I don't think a website that's offering a free waxing is appropriate for a website based around pixelated dragons.

wumc04.png
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
i couldn't get it's url thingy, but there was a toyota ad at the bottom of my page with sound.
kinda freaked me out lol
i couldn't get it's url thingy, but there was a toyota ad at the bottom of my page with sound.
kinda freaked me out lol
all for one and one for all, united we stand, divided we fall
crow // female // cst // about me
Holiday Inn advertisement that talks to you.

It appears at the bottom of the screen, right above the Terms of Use, Rules, CoC, Privacy Policy, etc.

It's kind of loud too.
Holiday Inn advertisement that talks to you.

It appears at the bottom of the screen, right above the Terms of Use, Rules, CoC, Privacy Policy, etc.

It's kind of loud too.

Lore Shop - Wishlist - Clan Lore

rsz_lore.png
I've gotten 2 talking ads so far tonight - both were car commercials, one for Cadillac and one for Infinity (i think it was)
I've gotten 2 talking ads so far tonight - both were car commercials, one for Cadillac and one for Infinity (i think it was)
1 2 ... 375 376 377 378 379 ... 592 593