Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sornieth's Geographers Guild [HUB]
1 2 3
[font=optima][size=7][b][u]Sornieth’s Geographers Guild[/u][/b][/size][/font][emoji=old parchment size=1][emoji=magnifying glass size=1] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][i]Ex pertinacia scientia[/i][/size][/font] [indent][size=5][b]Welcome![b][/size] [size=4]Salutations, wayward scholars! Sornieth is full of colorful and amazing lore and provides us with a canvas to paint extravagant lore onto! We’re all very thankful for this but, for some, the canvas is not… complete. Sometimes Sornieth has gaps in its tapestry, but that’s no excuse to let that stop you. It should empower you to go even further than before! Why leave holes when you can research and write and fill them in! That’s exactly the purpose of the Sornieth’s Geographers Guild (SGG). We’re a community built on and dedicated in the pursuit of knowledge and filling in the world we call home. So go on! Learn, create, have fun! And remember: Ex pertinacia scientia![/size] [/indent] [center][emoji=gold star size=1][emoji=gold star size=1][emoji=gold star size=1][/center] [columns][left][size=5][b]"What [i]is[/i] it that you do?"[/b][/size][/left] [size=4]SGG focuses its pursuits on learning about and fleshing out Sornieth’s world and lore by scouring item tooltips, encyclopedia entries, and things the staff has said. We use real-world science and research to further back possible theories and hypotheses. Some of what we do, but not limited to, is making realistic maps, coming up with theories on breed behaviour and habits, migration patterns, weather patterns, social and political behaviors of the flights and much more! [nextcol][center][size=5][b]"How can [i]I[/i] join?"[/b][/size][/center] [size=4]Easy! There are a few ways, but we think the best first course of action is to join our pinglist! At the bottom of this post, you’ll find a link to a self-editing pinglist, this means that you can put yourself on it, please put your username on there. Other than that, feel free to hop into our discussion here or join our [url=https://discord.gg/cmwxrzb][b][u]Discord[/u][/b][/url]! Over there we’ll have roles for folks who want to specialize in specific studies and a place for us to interact in real-time as we try to figure out the puzzle that is Sornieth![/size] [/columns] [right][size=3][b]Wanna keep up to date? Join our [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q0kpMXsM2m58xtI2J71jwoPD5GEceYIBvIDIR44298E/edit?usp=sharing][u]Pinglist[/u][/url]![b][/size] Credit to @Rexcaliburr for the original idea & the go ahead to revive the project! [/right]
Sornieth’s Geographers Guild
Ex pertinacia scientia

Welcome!
Salutations, wayward scholars! Sornieth is full of colorful and amazing lore and provides us with a canvas to paint extravagant lore onto! We’re all very thankful for this but, for some, the canvas is not… complete. Sometimes Sornieth has gaps in its tapestry, but that’s no excuse to let that stop you. It should empower you to go even further than before! Why leave holes when you can research and write and fill them in! That’s exactly the purpose of the Sornieth’s Geographers Guild (SGG). We’re a community built on and dedicated in the pursuit of knowledge and filling in the world we call home. So go on! Learn, create, have fun! And remember: Ex pertinacia scientia!
"What is it that you do?"
SGG focuses its pursuits on learning about and fleshing out Sornieth’s world and lore by scouring item tooltips, encyclopedia entries, and things the staff has said. We use real-world science and research to further back possible theories and hypotheses. Some of what we do, but not limited to, is making realistic maps, coming up with theories on breed behaviour and habits, migration patterns, weather patterns, social and political behaviors of the flights and much more!
"How can I join?"
Easy! There are a few ways, but we think the best first course of action is to join our pinglist! At the bottom of this post, you’ll find a link to a self-editing pinglist, this means that you can put yourself on it, please put your username on there. Other than that, feel free to hop into our discussion here or join our Discord! Over there we’ll have roles for folks who want to specialize in specific studies and a place for us to interact in real-time as we try to figure out the puzzle that is Sornieth!

Wanna keep up to date? Join our Pinglist!

Credit to @Rexcaliburr for the original idea & the go ahead to revive the project!
367d892fcecdec67c416a9f373daff05cf451767.png
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

WTRVHVo.pngHdmxfuE.png3Fro3Vn.png
J7D1quC.pnglAkpsXv.pngxBEAdV6.png
signature credit to alacrity & fluffmoth
RESOURCES
Here you can find our ever-growing list of resources both on-site and off. These are meant to help further discussion as well as fact-check things. If you have anything you feel should go here please ping or DM me here or on the Discord and I’ll try to get it up here as soon as I can!

RESOURCES
Here you can find our ever-growing list of resources both on-site and off. These are meant to help further discussion as well as fact-check things. If you have anything you feel should go here please ping or DM me here or on the Discord and I’ll try to get it up here as soon as I can!

xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

ARCHIVES
The Archives are a section for us to keep the things that the SGG and it’s scholars have found or created! Congratulations and thank you for your contribution to our furthered efforts!

ARCHIVES
The Archives are a section for us to keep the things that the SGG and it’s scholars have found or created! Congratulations and thank you for your contribution to our furthered efforts!

xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

Reserved
Reserved
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

Reserved
Reserved
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

Reserved
Reserved
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

Reserved
Reserved
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

Reserved
Reserved
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

[indent][size=5][b]Affiliates![b][/size] [size=4]Check out our affiliates for more amazing lore related content! After all, the Guild isn't the only one out there trying to crack open the secrets of Sornieth or build up clan lore! [u]Big thanks to our affiliates for being apart of our project and helping support us along the way![/u] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/size] [/indent] [LIST] [*][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2753438]The Coffeehouse Project[/url][/b] by [i]Rexcaliburr[/i] [/LIST] [right][size=2]Interested in becoming an affiliate of SGG? Please contact [b]@xxenobiology[/b] via PMs.[/size][/right]
Affiliates!
Check out our affiliates for more amazing lore related content! After all, the Guild isn't the only one out there trying to crack open the secrets of Sornieth or build up clan lore! Big thanks to our affiliates for being apart of our project and helping support us along the way!

Interested in becoming an affiliate of SGG? Please contact @xxenobiology via PMs.
xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

[center][b]Thread's open now folks![/b] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/center] [right][u]Pinglist[/u] [size=1]@xxenobiology @myriadofstars @Rookery @Leopardmask @Kaykao @PlatinumDream @qwigoqwaga[/size][/right]
Thread's open now folks!

xeno | they/fae
adult | fr +2

1 2 3