Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anybody know about the Nightmare Pass?
1 2
I just found out today that FR's Kickstarter supporters got special vistas depending on what pack they purchased! Even though I've been here since Thundercrack 2013, I have yet to actually see someone on the forums with one. But one question stirrs in my mind... Where is the Nightmare Pass located? [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/fvista/1.png[/img][/center] We can assume that the Twilight Cloudscape vista is Wind/Shadow/Light/General Sornieth, The Golden City vista is Light, and the Workshop Window vista is Lightning, but what about the Nightmare Pass? Theoretically, it looks like it could fit into Fire due to what I assume are basalt/igneous rock pillars being shown, but the name (and the familiar + apparel associated, the Bone Fiend and Cranial Hornhelm respectively) implies a more Plague association. Plague and Fire are also nowhere near each other on the world map, so it couldn't be a location in-between, or on the border of both territories... Anybody got any ideas? I'm hoping that it'll show up as a location when the new world map is made. It looks like it has a ton of lore potential! :-0 [s]Unless it's Sornieth's version of the Inferno. All aboard the train to Dragon Heck.[/s]
I just found out today that FR's Kickstarter supporters got special vistas depending on what pack they purchased! Even though I've been here since Thundercrack 2013, I have yet to actually see someone on the forums with one. But one question stirrs in my mind... Where is the Nightmare Pass located?
1.png

We can assume that the Twilight Cloudscape vista is Wind/Shadow/Light/General Sornieth, The Golden City vista is Light, and the Workshop Window vista is Lightning, but what about the Nightmare Pass? Theoretically, it looks like it could fit into Fire due to what I assume are basalt/igneous rock pillars being shown, but the name (and the familiar + apparel associated, the Bone Fiend and Cranial Hornhelm respectively) implies a more Plague association. Plague and Fire are also nowhere near each other on the world map, so it couldn't be a location in-between, or on the border of both territories...

Anybody got any ideas? I'm hoping that it'll show up as a location when the new world map is made. It looks like it has a ton of lore potential! :-0

Unless it's Sornieth's version of the Inferno. All aboard the train to Dragon Heck.
w7Z8MA5.png
Hmm, that's an interesting speculation! :O I didn't even know those were a thing so
Hmm, that's an interesting speculation! :O I didn't even know those were a thing so
OjYCOIV.png BiXaltQ.gif
Man, I want that vista so badly...the whole Fiendish set, really. I'm sad I never heard about the Kickstarter when it was happening!

I imagine it's between Plague and Earth territory; in order to escape the Scarred Wasteland from the northern border, you must face the Nightmare Pass that combines the harsh hunters of the Plaguebringer's domain with the dangerous cliffs of Dragonhome. Making it to the Shattered Plain is no easy task...
Man, I want that vista so badly...the whole Fiendish set, really. I'm sad I never heard about the Kickstarter when it was happening!

I imagine it's between Plague and Earth territory; in order to escape the Scarred Wasteland from the northern border, you must face the Nightmare Pass that combines the harsh hunters of the Plaguebringer's domain with the dangerous cliffs of Dragonhome. Making it to the Shattered Plain is no easy task...
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
I remember the kickstarter vistas (if my memory serves, for a long time [i]only[/i] kickstarter backers had vistas) but I've never given much thought to this Plague doesn't have a monopoly on scary though, so maybe somewhere in the Blacksand Annex? [quote]The Annex beckons to those flights eager to make a lasting impression on the landscape and thus to cement their places by the Flamecaller's side. However, this builder's paradise is marred by inexplicable events and dreadful shapes moving deep in the pervasive mist.[/quote] That seems to at least fulfill the "nightmare" part, and it's proximity to the volcano and other large, mountainous things might fulfill the "pass" part
I remember the kickstarter vistas (if my memory serves, for a long time only kickstarter backers had vistas) but I've never given much thought to this

Plague doesn't have a monopoly on scary though, so maybe somewhere in the Blacksand Annex?
Quote:
The Annex beckons to those flights eager to make a lasting impression on the landscape and thus to cement their places by the Flamecaller's side. However, this builder's paradise is marred by inexplicable events and dreadful shapes moving deep in the pervasive mist.
That seems to at least fulfill the "nightmare" part, and it's proximity to the volcano and other large, mountainous things might fulfill the "pass" part
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
I've seen a few people with this vista and other KS vistas, but I don't remember their usernames.
I've seen a few people with this vista and other KS vistas, but I don't remember their usernames.
queen_katoe.gif
@TalonShrubfire

I know right?? I didn't know either until I looked to see how many vistas were on FR since I want to collect as many as I can! This vista's name/location seems to be the only one without any real indicators/explanations, so I genuinely wonder if it's a real place on Sornieth, or made for the sake of the Fiendish Bundle pack. :-o

@NightmareJudge

Me too!! It's one of my favorites, and I wish I could have the Cranial Hornhelm. ; _;

That actually makes a ton of sense!! I didn't think about Earth, but you're totally right that Fire doesn't have to be the only flight associated with igneous geological phenomena. I hope your theory is true and that it shows up on the new world map! :-D

By the way, I love your icon, omg! Dreams would look awesome with the Bone Fiend familiar!
@TalonShrubfire

I know right?? I didn't know either until I looked to see how many vistas were on FR since I want to collect as many as I can! This vista's name/location seems to be the only one without any real indicators/explanations, so I genuinely wonder if it's a real place on Sornieth, or made for the sake of the Fiendish Bundle pack. :-o

@NightmareJudge

Me too!! It's one of my favorites, and I wish I could have the Cranial Hornhelm. ; _;

That actually makes a ton of sense!! I didn't think about Earth, but you're totally right that Fire doesn't have to be the only flight associated with igneous geological phenomena. I hope your theory is true and that it shows up on the new world map! :-D

By the way, I love your icon, omg! Dreams would look awesome with the Bone Fiend familiar!
w7Z8MA5.png
@Rookery

Aw, thank you! She's one of my favorite dragons, based on a dream goddess character a friend and I made. I'd love to give her a Bone Fiend, and she'd look so cool with the Nightmare Pass vista...but alas.

Fire would also be a good location, though! The black rock definitely looks like it could be volcanic. If only the Ashfall Waste was closer to the Wasteland and Dragonhome, that would be the perfect aesthetic mix to create the Nightmare Pass. Either way, look at the little red shinies on the avatar borders...are those gemstones, or eyes?
@Rookery

Aw, thank you! She's one of my favorite dragons, based on a dream goddess character a friend and I made. I'd love to give her a Bone Fiend, and she'd look so cool with the Nightmare Pass vista...but alas.

Fire would also be a good location, though! The black rock definitely looks like it could be volcanic. If only the Ashfall Waste was closer to the Wasteland and Dragonhome, that would be the perfect aesthetic mix to create the Nightmare Pass. Either way, look at the little red shinies on the avatar borders...are those gemstones, or eyes?
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
i've seen two or three people who use that vista before but i don't know where it's located, perhaps the nightmare pass itself is a magical pass that leads from the fire territory to the plague territory via magic teleportation
i've seen two or three people who use that vista before but i don't know where it's located, perhaps the nightmare pass itself is a magical pass that leads from the fire territory to the plague territory via magic teleportation
[img]http://i.imgur.com/L5Nllxk.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5][color=#4d1f00]H[/color][/size][size=4][color=#803300]m, that's a really good question! I'm going to guess somewhere in Fire. The Plague border in Plague lairs has a green-tinted sky while the Fire border has an orange sky, and the tint in the vista seems to suggest reddish-orange. That, plus the rocks, leads me to conclude that it's probably in Fire!
L5Nllxk.png Hm, that's a really good question! I'm going to guess somewhere in Fire. The Plague border in Plague lairs has a green-tinted sky while the Fire border has an orange sky, and the tint in the vista seems to suggest reddish-orange. That, plus the rocks, leads me to conclude that it's probably in Fire!
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
Just a thought, I looked at the World Map to see if anything else looked like that and the only thing I thought did was the Leviathan Trench: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/water_2.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/region_water.jpg[/img] Did Tidelord create the Sea of a Thousand Currents by sinking the land and filling it with water?
Just a thought, I looked at the World Map to see if anything else looked like that and the only thing I thought did was the Leviathan Trench:

water_2.png
region_water.jpg

Did Tidelord create the Sea of a Thousand Currents by sinking the land and filling it with water?
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2