Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 151 152
I disagree with the decision to not bring the scatter scrolls back. You created a huge mess and are refusing to allow the clean up.

Edit:

The more I read the post the more it comes off as deflecting blame entirely. You can't just go "we never meant for this to happen" "it wasn't supposed to be like this" and expect everyone just to go OH. OKAY.

It did happen. The problem is still continuing and won't go away. You do realize you'd make money if you put them in the gem marketplace right?
I disagree with the decision to not bring the scatter scrolls back. You created a huge mess and are refusing to allow the clean up.

Edit:

The more I read the post the more it comes off as deflecting blame entirely. You can't just go "we never meant for this to happen" "it wasn't supposed to be like this" and expect everyone just to go OH. OKAY.

It did happen. The problem is still continuing and won't go away. You do realize you'd make money if you put them in the gem marketplace right?
Heart.gif
I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip*

Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.)

The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.'

After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way.

Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future.

Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/

tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money.
I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip*

Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.)

The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.'

After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way.

Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future.

Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/

tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money.
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
@micahjaguar

That is a necessary and eloquently stated comment, thank you for it. Might I suggest including that in a Contact Us form to be sure it is seen and not lost in the number of posts?
@micahjaguar

That is a necessary and eloquently stated comment, thank you for it. Might I suggest including that in a Contact Us form to be sure it is seen and not lost in the number of posts?
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/ tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] This is some of the best constructive criticism I've seen (in this thread, or anywhere really); I'd say you expressed my thoughts better than I could myself, but tbh you raised so many points I hadn't even considered... Anyway, 100% agreement. [b]FR Staff, [i]please [/i]listen to this person.[/b]
micahjaguar wrote on 2018-06-13 18:02:07:

This is some of the best constructive criticism I've seen (in this thread, or anywhere really); I'd say you expressed my thoughts better than I could myself, but tbh you raised so many points I hadn't even considered... Anyway, 100% agreement.

FR Staff, please listen to this person.
...Q2qxxGt.png

we really need the old eye colours back more than anything else. it messed a lot of things up, and we as a site have come to the conclusion that it was better before it was changed so it would be really wonderful if our input was considered. thank you and have a nice day.

we really need the old eye colours back more than anything else. it messed a lot of things up, and we as a site have come to the conclusion that it was better before it was changed so it would be really wonderful if our input was considered. thank you and have a nice day.
Salt
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/ tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] Sorry for the double post, but this is perfectly, [i]perfectly[/i] said. I tip my hat to you, @micahjaguar.

Sorry for the double post, but this is perfectly, perfectly said. I tip my hat to you, @micahjaguar.
Salt
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/ tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] THIS THOUGH^ It doesn't address everything that disappointed me, but I agree with this a LOT.

THIS THOUGH^

It doesn't address everything that disappointed me, but I agree with this a LOT.

BluBunni15 - Asked for a hold, when the day came gave no response. Waited about a week with no response, or update.
[quote name="Alight" date="2018-06-13 18:23:47" ] we really need the old eye colours back more than anything else. it messed a lot of things up, and we as a site have come to the conclusion that it was better before it was changed so it would be really wonderful if our input was considered. thank you and have a nice day. [/quote] I'm gonna keep picketing about this until something is done. :( There are people who enjoy the new Common eyes, yes, but nobody [b]actively wanted[/b] them, and a great many users are upset by the sudden change. Introducing a way for users to give their dragons the original eyes would make [i]so[/i] many people happy, and would have no negative effect on anyone!
Alight wrote on 2018-06-13 18:23:47:

I'm gonna keep picketing about this until something is done. :( There are people who enjoy the new Common eyes, yes, but nobody actively wanted them, and a great many users are upset by the sudden change. Introducing a way for users to give their dragons the original eyes would make so many people happy, and would have no negative effect on anyone!
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@micahjaguar Very well said, and honestly I wholeheartedly believe they have no PR team whatsoever, because as a player who has been here from nearly the beginning, I've come to relate the name Flight Rising to things like "awful management" and "incompetence" whenever I talk about it to my friends. It's seriously incredible how many times they've made mistakes so stupid anyone could have prevented them had they taken some time to do actual planning, instead of shoehorning ideas with little to no thought put into it at the expense of their community. Instead of giving me a competent, responsible picture of their team, all I see is a bunch of very immature people who have no idea of what they are doing. Not to mention that in all these years, this is the first time I've ever seen the staff actually respond to one of their massive mistakes. Every time they screw up they have three different forms of response to the players: 1. Dead silence: Ignore all the complaints from players and make no effort to establish a good communication with them. 2. Selective attention: only answer to off-topic comments, such as memes and people making questions outside the issue at hand. Because why prioritizing calming down distressed players when you can outright ignore them and show how much you don't care![i](can you tell how much this one drives me mad? I find this one incredibly insulting)[/i] 3. Distraction: literally just rush out a new gene to distract everyone from the problem and make the complaints die out. Stained is a perfect example of it. Now, in this one time they actually seemed to address the problem and establish a good communication with the community... and what solutions did they offer in their post? Nothing. Absolutely [b]nothing[/b]. @Heart summed this "update" up perfectly: [quote name="Heart" date="2018-06-13 17:35:12" ] I disagree with the decision to not bring the scatter scrolls back. You created a huge mess and are refusing to allow the clean up. Edit: The more I read the post the more it comes off as deflecting blame entirely. You can't just go "we never meant for this to happen" "it wasn't supposed to be like this" and expect everyone just to go OH. OKAY. It did happen. The problem is still continuing and won't go away. You do realize you'd make money if you put them in the gem marketplace right? [/quote] To be honest all this update on the matter told me was "Oops, my bad" and nothing else. At most they mention a possible solution by implementing a way to undo the eye mutations, but that's pretty much all it is: a brief mention. Everything else about the issue at hand was ignored for the priority of deflecting the blame. They didn't even recognize the fact their mistake is actually causing a lot of their userbase to feel [i]legitimately ill[/i], which is a HUGE issue that needs to be solved [b]asap[/b]. "We plan to implement it in the future" is an incredibly vague answer that solves absolutely nothing.
@micahjaguar
Very well said, and honestly I wholeheartedly believe they have no PR team whatsoever, because as a player who has been here from nearly the beginning, I've come to relate the name Flight Rising to things like "awful management" and "incompetence" whenever I talk about it to my friends. It's seriously incredible how many times they've made mistakes so stupid anyone could have prevented them had they taken some time to do actual planning, instead of shoehorning ideas with little to no thought put into it at the expense of their community. Instead of giving me a competent, responsible picture of their team, all I see is a bunch of very immature people who have no idea of what they are doing.

Not to mention that in all these years, this is the first time I've ever seen the staff actually respond to one of their massive mistakes. Every time they screw up they have three different forms of response to the players:
1. Dead silence: Ignore all the complaints from players and make no effort to establish a good communication with them.
2. Selective attention: only answer to off-topic comments, such as memes and people making questions outside the issue at hand. Because why prioritizing calming down distressed players when you can outright ignore them and show how much you don't care!(can you tell how much this one drives me mad? I find this one incredibly insulting)
3. Distraction: literally just rush out a new gene to distract everyone from the problem and make the complaints die out. Stained is a perfect example of it.

Now, in this one time they actually seemed to address the problem and establish a good communication with the community... and what solutions did they offer in their post? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. @Heart summed this "update" up perfectly:
Heart wrote on 2018-06-13 17:35:12:

Edit:

To be honest all this update on the matter told me was "Oops, my bad" and nothing else. At most they mention a possible solution by implementing a way to undo the eye mutations, but that's pretty much all it is: a brief mention. Everything else about the issue at hand was ignored for the priority of deflecting the blame. They didn't even recognize the fact their mistake is actually causing a lot of their userbase to feel legitimately ill, which is a HUGE issue that needs to be solved asap. "We plan to implement it in the future" is an incredibly vague answer that solves absolutely nothing.
ssjS89N.png
@Joying I'm not sure sending it directly would change anything, honestly. I have made similar observations during other blow-ups. For years. My five-year anniversary is in a couple of weeks. :,

I did put my comments in a tumblr post, though, so I guess people can reblog it if they feel it expresses something they're feeling!

https://lairbythesea.tumblr.com/post/174869652246/fr-and-customer-communication
@Joying I'm not sure sending it directly would change anything, honestly. I have made similar observations during other blow-ups. For years. My five-year anniversary is in a couple of weeks. :,

I did put my comments in a tumblr post, though, so I guess people can reblog it if they feel it expresses something they're feeling!

https://lairbythesea.tumblr.com/post/174869652246/fr-and-customer-communication
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
1 2 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 151 152