Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's up with the threads?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Pheonyx" date="2018-06-11 15:37:58" ] The rule about discussing moderation sounds bad, but frankly it’s necessary. [/quote] I'd be okay with this, if it was implemented both ways. So that, if criticism is deleted and asked to be sent to Contact Us - so should blatant praise threads who add nothing of essence to discussion.
Pheonyx wrote on 2018-06-11 15:37:58:
The rule about discussing moderation sounds bad, but frankly it’s necessary.

I'd be okay with this, if it was implemented both ways.

So that, if criticism is deleted and asked to be sent to Contact Us - so should blatant praise threads who add nothing of essence to discussion.
[quote name="HersheyNation" date="2018-06-11 15:38:03" ] jeez louise this got quite the response the more i hear about fr staff the worse i feel about the way they maintain the forums and handle communication /: [/quote] How so? 99.9% of the time the forums run well and without problem. This situation is way beyond the normal.
HersheyNation wrote on 2018-06-11 15:38:03:
jeez louise this got quite the response
the more i hear about fr staff the worse i feel about the way they maintain the forums and handle communication /:

How so? 99.9% of the time the forums run well and without problem. This situation is way beyond the normal.
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-11 15:39:00" ] @/GhostSlugs aye but some users make repeat threads; they've already tried locks and the threads keep coming. Trying to close and hide them isn't about hiding the problem. Mods are not fools; but they are trying to handle something that is swamping the forums. Removing threads at least attempts to allow users engaging in the site in other ways to retain their use of the site without the first page of the forums being all locked threads on this topic. [/quote] I can say for certain that my open letter was not a "repeat thread"
Overread wrote on 2018-06-11 15:39:00:
@/GhostSlugs aye but some users make repeat threads; they've already tried locks and the threads keep coming. Trying to close and hide them isn't about hiding the problem. Mods are not fools; but they are trying to handle something that is swamping the forums.
Removing threads at least attempts to allow users engaging in the site in other ways to retain their use of the site without the first page of the forums being all locked threads on this topic.
I can say for certain that my open letter was not a "repeat thread"
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="Midorikage" date="2018-06-11 15:34:16" ] [quote name="SleepyChipmunk" date="2018-06-11 15:33:19" ] The rule against talking about moderation isn't ideal, but I can understand why it's there. I've seen places without it devolve very quickly, people make constant threads about it, etc, when nothing shifty was going on and the original post was a clear violation of rules. It's not about avoiding criticism. [/quote] ^^^^^^^^^ [/quote] you know what would've fixed that? if they hadn't deleted the original thread. just lock it, and delete it like 24 hours after it's locked. so anyone questioning it can see the violation of rules supposedly there, and it'll be forgotten quickly. but quietly deleting them? it's like the weird online version of martyrdom. if a mod or admin deletes something that questions their power, and then continues to delete every other thread after it, it just snowballs. the act of doing that becomes shady in itself. make a god damn statement. SAY SOMETHING. don't just silently delete things. and the alternative to make ANY criticism against moderation a violation of policy is the EXACT THING YOU SHOULDN'T FREAKING DO. [b]oh my god.[/b]
Midorikage wrote on 2018-06-11 15:34:16:
SleepyChipmunk wrote on 2018-06-11 15:33:19:
The rule against talking about moderation isn't ideal, but I can understand why it's there. I've seen places without it devolve very quickly, people make constant threads about it, etc, when nothing shifty was going on and the original post was a clear violation of rules. It's not about avoiding criticism.
^^^^^^^^^

you know what would've fixed that? if they hadn't deleted the original thread. just lock it, and delete it like 24 hours after it's locked. so anyone questioning it can see the violation of rules supposedly there, and it'll be forgotten quickly.

but quietly deleting them? it's like the weird online version of martyrdom. if a mod or admin deletes something that questions their power, and then continues to delete every other thread after it, it just snowballs. the act of doing that becomes shady in itself. make a god damn statement. SAY SOMETHING. don't just silently delete things.

and the alternative to make ANY criticism against moderation a violation of policy is the EXACT THING YOU SHOULDN'T FREAKING DO. oh my god.
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
@Overread

I’ve been a Forum Moderator in the past as well, so trust me when I say I’m not dragging the mods for this. I am upset, first and foremost, with the admins and devs.
They had to have known that radio silence would only create tension, not ease it. They can’t use that as an excuse. They’re not new at this; I just wish we knew why this is being handled so poorly.
I honestly wish they had tackled this like they did the coil revamp — set up a BETA a few months in advance and had a bunch of responsive threads open to player feedback, where it was actually considered, not ignored.
@Overread

I’ve been a Forum Moderator in the past as well, so trust me when I say I’m not dragging the mods for this. I am upset, first and foremost, with the admins and devs.
They had to have known that radio silence would only create tension, not ease it. They can’t use that as an excuse. They’re not new at this; I just wish we knew why this is being handled so poorly.
I honestly wish they had tackled this like they did the coil revamp — set up a BETA a few months in advance and had a bunch of responsive threads open to player feedback, where it was actually considered, not ignored.
Salt
Oh my goodness, I agree with those posts that got deleted. The admins need to say something. And the annoying thing is that they're probably going to spit out the same default response they always do and then pretend nothing ever happened, if they ever say anything at all.
And on top of that, randomly deleting threads without telling us a reason? That's not cool either. It'll just snowball. Radio silence and quietly deleting threads is not the way to get people to stop arguing.

Come on, admins. Please do better and communicate to us.
Oh my goodness, I agree with those posts that got deleted. The admins need to say something. And the annoying thing is that they're probably going to spit out the same default response they always do and then pretend nothing ever happened, if they ever say anything at all.
And on top of that, randomly deleting threads without telling us a reason? That's not cool either. It'll just snowball. Radio silence and quietly deleting threads is not the way to get people to stop arguing.

Come on, admins. Please do better and communicate to us.
[quote name="GhostSlugs" date="2018-06-11 15:41:34" ] [quote name="Midorikage" date="2018-06-11 15:34:16" ] [quote name="SleepyChipmunk" date="2018-06-11 15:33:19" ] The rule against talking about moderation isn't ideal, but I can understand why it's there. I've seen places without it devolve very quickly, people make constant threads about it, etc, when nothing shifty was going on and the original post was a clear violation of rules. It's not about avoiding criticism. [/quote] ^^^^^^^^^ [/quote] you know what would've fixed that? if they hadn't deleted the original thread. just lock it, and delete it like 24 hours after it's locked. so anyone questioning it can see the violation of rules supposedly there, and it'll be forgotten quickly. but quietly deleting them? it's like the weird online version of martyrdom. if a mod or admin deletes something that questions their power, and then continues to delete every other thread after it, it just snowballs. the act of doing that becomes shady in itself. make a god damn statement. SAY SOMETHING. don't just silently delete things. and the alternative to make ANY criticism against moderation a violation of policy is the EXACT THING YOU SHOULDN'T FREAKING DO. [b]oh my god.[/b] [/quote] You echo my thoughts exactly, but in a much more straightforward way. I like it.
GhostSlugs wrote on 2018-06-11 15:41:34:
Midorikage wrote on 2018-06-11 15:34:16:
SleepyChipmunk wrote on 2018-06-11 15:33:19:
The rule against talking about moderation isn't ideal, but I can understand why it's there. I've seen places without it devolve very quickly, people make constant threads about it, etc, when nothing shifty was going on and the original post was a clear violation of rules. It's not about avoiding criticism.
^^^^^^^^^

you know what would've fixed that? if they hadn't deleted the original thread. just lock it, and delete it like 24 hours after it's locked. so anyone questioning it can see the violation of rules supposedly there, and it'll be forgotten quickly.

but quietly deleting them? it's like the weird online version of martyrdom. if a mod or admin deletes something that questions their power, and then continues to delete every other thread after it, it just snowballs. the act of doing that becomes shady in itself. make a god damn statement. SAY SOMETHING. don't just silently delete things.

and the alternative to make ANY criticism against moderation a violation of policy is the EXACT THING YOU SHOULDN'T FREAKING DO. oh my god.

You echo my thoughts exactly, but in a much more straightforward way.
I like it.
Salt
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-06-11 15:39:43" ] [quote name="Pheonyx" date="2018-06-11 15:37:58" ] The rule about discussing moderation sounds bad, but frankly it’s necessary. [/quote] I'd be okay with this, if it was implemented both ways. So that, if criticism is deleted and asked to be sent to Contact Us - so should blatant praise threads who add nothing of essence to discussion. [/quote] Except praise doesn’t cause drama so it’d be unnecessary.
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-06-11 15:39:43:
Pheonyx wrote on 2018-06-11 15:37:58:
The rule about discussing moderation sounds bad, but frankly it’s necessary.

I'd be okay with this, if it was implemented both ways.

So that, if criticism is deleted and asked to be sent to Contact Us - so should blatant praise threads who add nothing of essence to discussion.
Except praise doesn’t cause drama so it’d be unnecessary.
Hey all, so while I can't dig into anything brought up regarding the event at the moment, I can assure you that we are reading and we are discussing your feedback. A few things I have to note about our policies and moderation. Moderation happens for a reason and we don't allow discussion on it. Please send us a message through [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us[/url][/b] if you have feedback about forum moderation. You may not get a personalized reply, but we do read your messages. Regarding threads discussing the anniversary, how you feel about it, what you disagree with, what you wanted to see, or what your concerns are - these are all fine. They're good, your feedback is how we improve the game. It's when threads start getting directed [i]at[/i] staff, we tread into territory that's covered by [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005918783]our feedback policy[/url][/b]. [br] [quote]The [i]Flight Rising[/i] website is for entertainment purposes, it is a game and a space for players to relax and enjoy. [b]However[/b], for [i]Flight Risin[/i]g employees, the website is their virtual workspace or office. [b]What this means is:[/b] Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the [i]Flight Rising[/i] website free from harassment or targeting. [b]For this reason[/b], discussion of our rules, policies, or employees on the [i]Flight Rising[/i] website is not permitted. [/quote] We're going to err on the side of caution when that happens. This is why threads or discussions directed at the team are generally removed. Hang in there a bit longer, we're reading and discussing everything that's been said. [center]Thank you! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/390202/39020157.png[/img][/center]
Hey all, so while I can't dig into anything brought up regarding the event at the moment, I can assure you that we are reading and we are discussing your feedback.

A few things I have to note about our policies and moderation.

Moderation happens for a reason and we don't allow discussion on it. Please send us a message through Contact Us if you have feedback about forum moderation. You may not get a personalized reply, but we do read your messages.

Regarding threads discussing the anniversary, how you feel about it, what you disagree with, what you wanted to see, or what your concerns are - these are all fine. They're good, your feedback is how we improve the game.

It's when threads start getting directed at staff, we tread into territory that's covered by our feedback policy.

Quote:
The Flight Rising website is for entertainment purposes, it is a game and a space for players to relax and enjoy. However, for Flight Rising employees, the website is their virtual workspace or office.

What this means is: Stormlight Workshop, LLC has the obligation to ensure that their employees are able be present on and engage with the Flight Rising website free from harassment or targeting.

For this reason, discussion of our rules, policies, or employees on the Flight Rising website is not permitted.

We're going to err on the side of caution when that happens. This is why threads or discussions directed at the team are generally removed.

Hang in there a bit longer, we're reading and discussing everything that's been said.

Thank you!

39020157.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10