Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Poll] Tired of the eyes drama?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center]Hello! I'm Catradora, and I've been working hard on a suggestions thread for the new eyes, since there's been a lot of outcry (at least from my perspective) over them. I know that my usual polls attract a player base which is upset, so I'd like to provide players who aren't upset about the update to get their voice heard, so I can re-evaluate my results appropriately and eliminate some of the bias which is present in any poll. To this end I have made (yet another) poll on the subject. Regardless of how you feel about the update, I would really appreciate hearing from you about how you feel. I'll be drawing comments from these results to add your point of view to my suggestions thread. [size=4][url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdrvUZKs2gCWVZyWu6r-Pj7yK22RiOuAdhcr3mxyHUX9EqDkg/viewform?usp=pp_url]Click here for the survey.[/url][/size] [size=2] [i]Yes, I am aware this is a biased poll. I have designed it this way as an exact counterpoint to the opposing 'camp'. I will endeavour to make any future polls on the subject less biased. The wording of the fourth question is a known issue and will be corrected in future polls.[/i] [/size] Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to fill this in for me. I appreciate all the feedback I get, and hope to help the community bridge the gap between the differing opinions. Finally, please don't hesitate to respond to this thread! I'm interested to hear what you have to say. [size=2]As a side note: My goal here is to make a calm and concise suggestions thread, which gives a clear idea of the different viewpoints, how many people are in each 'camp', and do so while filtering out the rage, outcry, and frustration which makes these situations so upsetting for the community as a whole.[/size] [size=1] PINGLIST @ EndraPhoenix @ Laluzi @ dragoncreep @ EWSpirit @ Medenadragon @ Aersolace @ After @ TheSquishyKing @ PSICadet @ SnoringHyena @ rexasaurus @ AdeleneDawner @ DeadHeart @ Touhou @ Darkfall @ TalonShrubfire @ Rhamnus @ LordMalak @ Grunty @ MawkishMuse @ Sciencing @ TigerDMaster @ Hahoe @ Shougoney @ Quandary @ Witchlight @ Finlandia @ Osayio @ Disillusionist @ Paravoina @ AquariaMoon @ Sylipha @ valkyrian @ CassieRose @ JadeMagic @ BoomBreeze @ TwilitBard @ Forestwolf @ Alphanix @ Formless @ mimimoon @ carcinoGenetics @ Silverin @ DeepflowManah @ ElvenArtist @ Almedha @ Before @ starblazer @ MoonEclipse ----- [quote name="Catradora" date="2018-06-10 10:53:09" ] RESULTS Q1:Which flight are you in? Light - 16% Wind - 11.2% Shadow - 10.8% Ice - 10% Plague - 9.8% Lightning - 9.7% Arcane, Nature - 8.5% Water - 6% Fire - 5% Earth - 4.4% Q2: How do you feel about the update? I like it - 31.2% I love some, hate some - 30.6% I love it - 21% Indifferent - 6.2% 'Other' - 5% I don't like it - 3.9% I hate it - 2.1% Q3: Which of the following are you experiencing? I don't think the eyes are as important as people make them out to be ("they're RUINED!") - 52.8% I believe the update is flawed - 52.4% I'm tired of/worried about the silence from the FR Team - 51.4% I'm tired of the melodrama - 50.9% I don't want my efforts getting scattersights to be wasted - 39.7% I feel people are nitpicking on the issues in this update - 36.6% I'd like to just grind my scattersights in peace - 29.7% I'm tired of talking about the eyes - 25.2% People are asking for changes I don't want - 19.5% Other responses felt that the staff silence is 'rude' or are only mildly worried about it, and others don't like specific aspects of the update. Q4: Which of these proposed solutions are you against? Changing the design of shadow primal - 41% Changing the design of light primal - 33.5% Changing the design of plague primal - 31.6% Don't retire the scattersight - 31.2% Changing the design of earth primal - 28.9% Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Faceted/Primal - 28.7% Add a new item to perform a similiar function to the scattersight - 28.1% Change common eyes to original - 22% I don't want any of these changes - 8.9% Others expressed varying opinions on what could be acceptable solutions and what kinds of things they don't want and why; these have been taken into account, and are being slowly read through. The remaining questions are written answers and will be recorded later. If you are on the pinglist, you will be pinged when this happens. Thank you once again for the support; I must now go back and get all this data to the front of each poll. I will return shortly to answer questions and discuss the update. [/quote] -----
Hello! I'm Catradora, and I've been working hard on a suggestions thread for the new eyes, since there's been a lot of outcry (at least from my perspective) over them. I know that my usual polls attract a player base which is upset, so I'd like to provide players who aren't upset about the update to get their voice heard, so I can re-evaluate my results appropriately and eliminate some of the bias which is present in any poll.

To this end I have made (yet another) poll on the subject. Regardless of how you feel about the update, I would really appreciate hearing from you about how you feel. I'll be drawing comments from these results to add your point of view to my suggestions thread.

Click here for the survey.

Yes, I am aware this is a biased poll. I have designed it this way as an exact counterpoint to the opposing 'camp'. I will endeavour to make any future polls on the subject less biased.

The wording of the fourth question is a known issue and will be corrected in future polls.

Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to fill this in for me. I appreciate all the feedback I get, and hope to help the community bridge the gap between the differing opinions.

Finally, please don't hesitate to respond to this thread! I'm interested to hear what you have to say.

As a side note: My goal here is to make a calm and concise suggestions thread, which gives a clear idea of the different viewpoints, how many people are in each 'camp', and do so while filtering out the rage, outcry, and frustration which makes these situations so upsetting for the community as a whole.

PINGLIST

@ EndraPhoenix @ Laluzi @ dragoncreep @ EWSpirit @ Medenadragon @ Aersolace @ After @ TheSquishyKing @ PSICadet @ SnoringHyena @ rexasaurus @ AdeleneDawner @ DeadHeart @ Touhou @ Darkfall @ TalonShrubfire @ Rhamnus @ LordMalak @ Grunty @ MawkishMuse @ Sciencing @ TigerDMaster @ Hahoe @ Shougoney @ Quandary @ Witchlight @ Finlandia @ Osayio @ Disillusionist @ Paravoina @ AquariaMoon @ Sylipha @ valkyrian @ CassieRose @ JadeMagic @ BoomBreeze @ TwilitBard @ Forestwolf @ Alphanix @ Formless @ mimimoon @ carcinoGenetics @ Silverin @ DeepflowManah @ ElvenArtist @ Almedha @ Before @ starblazer @ MoonEclipse

Catradora wrote on 2018-06-10 10:53:09:

RESULTS

Q1:Which flight are you in?
Light - 16%
Wind - 11.2%
Shadow - 10.8%
Ice - 10%
Plague - 9.8%
Lightning - 9.7%
Arcane, Nature - 8.5%
Water - 6%
Fire - 5%
Earth - 4.4%

Q2: How do you feel about the update?

I like it - 31.2%
I love some, hate some - 30.6%
I love it - 21%
Indifferent - 6.2%
'Other' - 5%
I don't like it - 3.9%
I hate it - 2.1%

Q3: Which of the following are you experiencing?

I don't think the eyes are as important as people make them out to be ("they're RUINED!") - 52.8%
I believe the update is flawed - 52.4%
I'm tired of/worried about the silence from the FR Team - 51.4%
I'm tired of the melodrama - 50.9%
I don't want my efforts getting scattersights to be wasted - 39.7%
I feel people are nitpicking on the issues in this update - 36.6%
I'd like to just grind my scattersights in peace - 29.7%
I'm tired of talking about the eyes - 25.2%
People are asking for changes I don't want - 19.5%

Other responses felt that the staff silence is 'rude' or are only mildly worried about it, and others don't like specific aspects of the update.

Q4: Which of these proposed solutions are you against?

Changing the design of shadow primal - 41%
Changing the design of light primal - 33.5%
Changing the design of plague primal - 31.6%
Don't retire the scattersight - 31.2%
Changing the design of earth primal - 28.9%
Changing the way people acquire Multigaze/Faceted/Primal - 28.7%
Add a new item to perform a similiar function to the scattersight - 28.1%
Change common eyes to original - 22%
I don't want any of these changes - 8.9%

Others expressed varying opinions on what could be acceptable solutions and what kinds of things they don't want and why; these have been taken into account, and are being slowly read through.

The remaining questions are written answers and will be recorded later. If you are on the pinglist, you will be pinged when this happens.

Thank you once again for the support; I must now go back and get all this data to the front of each poll. I will return shortly to answer questions and discuss the update.

necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
I went ahead and took the survey! Thanks for doing this btw
Will you be pinging for results because I would love to see them.
I went ahead and took the survey! Thanks for doing this btw
Will you be pinging for results because I would love to see them.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
Answered. Good luck with your poll :) I'm sure you'll get some very interesting responses!
Answered. Good luck with your poll :) I'm sure you'll get some very interesting responses!
NPPeD7D.pngnhHR5tl.png95VXz8X.png
@EndraPhoenix I can ping for results if you'd like me to. ^^ I do plan on posting the results either when this hits 150 responses or Sunday morning.

@ Nekomori thanks! I hope it goes well, I'll admit I don't think I did as good a job building this poll as the last one (mostly because I don't know enough about the 'camp' to actually build a poll which relates to them). Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be able to build a poll which accommodates them better, and get some more refined responses. ^^
@EndraPhoenix I can ping for results if you'd like me to. ^^ I do plan on posting the results either when this hits 150 responses or Sunday morning.

@ Nekomori thanks! I hope it goes well, I'll admit I don't think I did as good a job building this poll as the last one (mostly because I don't know enough about the 'camp' to actually build a poll which relates to them). Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be able to build a poll which accommodates them better, and get some more refined responses. ^^
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Comprehensive poll! Thanks for such accurate cataloguing throughout this very dramatic time.

Ping me for results as well!
Comprehensive poll! Thanks for such accurate cataloguing throughout this very dramatic time.

Ping me for results as well!
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
@Catradora I took the poll please ping me for results :)

My main issue with the update is that it's completely random, if it were genetic and only able to breed for (same as genes but possibly with lower percentages) I would love it.
@Catradora I took the poll please ping me for results :)

My main issue with the update is that it's completely random, if it were genetic and only able to breed for (same as genes but possibly with lower percentages) I would love it.
~ Wirestratus Clan ~
lightning_small.png
Use my lightning nest for free!
Thank you for creating this poll it was really well made. I'm 100% done with this drama.
Thank you for creating this poll it was really well made. I'm 100% done with this drama.
0e339d30-3d6e-11e9-8895-1988d6584d7c.gifnew_piskel__4__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78euy.gifnew_piskel__2__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc6yqrm.gifnew_piskel__5__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78stw.gifgamqog1.gifZksdOni.gifnew_piskel__3__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc74o4j.gifr2mttMy.gifGHWRE8R.gifyeetingingingign.gif
I did the poll! I'd love to be pinged for results.
I did the poll! I'd love to be pinged for results.
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
This poll made me smile.
This poll made me smile.
FfsFHyt.png
I took the poll. Could you ping me for the results?
I took the poll. Could you ping me for the results?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9