Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tert-Picking Mass Hallucination
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29 30
I almost certainly didn't pick my progens tert. He's Chocolate/Jungle/Storm :(

But now that I think about it.... I remember picking it more and more

Thanks, thread. You've fractured my FR reality
I almost certainly didn't pick my progens tert. He's Chocolate/Jungle/Storm :(

But now that I think about it.... I remember picking it more and more

Thanks, thread. You've fractured my FR reality
9-CD1-DC7-E-618-B-4516-ADC7-CFC344-B78-FAE.jpg
I've never posted in one of these before so I thought i'd hop on board before this one got too old for me to reply to :'D

I definitely, 100% picked my tert for my custom progen Carasu o: i remember the exact conversation i had with my buddy who got me to join FR--i was sitting in her basement and picking my flight (i remember the exact reasoning for picking that too, and the conversation we had about it), and then making my dragon. I'd decided to make one of my OCs as a dragon, though there wasn't really a good way to make her with the colors she had in her dog form, so i was like "what would Carasu look like if she was a really epic dragon?"

When i got down to the tert color option, i noticed it didn't do anything, so i asked my friend what it was and she said "don't worry about it yet, it's not important until later", i guess not realizing that it wasn't supposed to be an option? i'm pretty sure she didn't get to pick her tert o: maybe she just thought it was a new feature they'd added since she joined, idk xD but since i couldn't see it and she said it wasn't important, i picked red, because it was my favorite color at the time, plus if it did ever show up, i thought maybe it'd look like blood and make Carasu look cool LOL

little did i know, that it would take years for a tert gene to come out that would make her tert color look good :'D i'm so thankful for opal, you guys have no idea LOL every time a new tert gene came out, i'd rush to the scrying workshop to see if it made her tert color look good, and every time it didn't, i'd berate myself for picking red

it's kind of ridiculous that everybody just blindly believes the FR admins and assumes we're all nuts???? how would you like it if we were telling you that you were off your rocker for thinking you DIDN'T pick your tert? :'D because we all did, so surely it's YOU who must be wrong fff

i have a really good long term memory, and can remember things all the way back to when i was 2 or 3 years old (my short term memory is absolute crap tho LOL), so i really highly doubt that i'm misremembering, or being influenced by other people, considering there's so many people saying it's not possible because the code never existed and i'm still 100% sure that it happened :'D

rather than being rude and saying we're wrong, why not just go along with the alternate universe idea? i'm down for that LOL
I've never posted in one of these before so I thought i'd hop on board before this one got too old for me to reply to :'D

I definitely, 100% picked my tert for my custom progen Carasu o: i remember the exact conversation i had with my buddy who got me to join FR--i was sitting in her basement and picking my flight (i remember the exact reasoning for picking that too, and the conversation we had about it), and then making my dragon. I'd decided to make one of my OCs as a dragon, though there wasn't really a good way to make her with the colors she had in her dog form, so i was like "what would Carasu look like if she was a really epic dragon?"

When i got down to the tert color option, i noticed it didn't do anything, so i asked my friend what it was and she said "don't worry about it yet, it's not important until later", i guess not realizing that it wasn't supposed to be an option? i'm pretty sure she didn't get to pick her tert o: maybe she just thought it was a new feature they'd added since she joined, idk xD but since i couldn't see it and she said it wasn't important, i picked red, because it was my favorite color at the time, plus if it did ever show up, i thought maybe it'd look like blood and make Carasu look cool LOL

little did i know, that it would take years for a tert gene to come out that would make her tert color look good :'D i'm so thankful for opal, you guys have no idea LOL every time a new tert gene came out, i'd rush to the scrying workshop to see if it made her tert color look good, and every time it didn't, i'd berate myself for picking red

it's kind of ridiculous that everybody just blindly believes the FR admins and assumes we're all nuts???? how would you like it if we were telling you that you were off your rocker for thinking you DIDN'T pick your tert? :'D because we all did, so surely it's YOU who must be wrong fff

i have a really good long term memory, and can remember things all the way back to when i was 2 or 3 years old (my short term memory is absolute crap tho LOL), so i really highly doubt that i'm misremembering, or being influenced by other people, considering there's so many people saying it's not possible because the code never existed and i'm still 100% sure that it happened :'D

rather than being rude and saying we're wrong, why not just go along with the alternate universe idea? i'm down for that LOL
1original_by_bramblebees-dc1lysb.gifb46ca3f4e296905d87923ec035a036201_by_bramblebees-dc1lys8.gif
I've been here for a while and I remember taking forever to come up with CottonCandy's colors only to be SO UPSET at her tert. So no, custom tert has never been a thing.
I've been here for a while and I remember taking forever to come up with CottonCandy's colors only to be SO UPSET at her tert. So no, custom tert has never been a thing.
Your heart belongs to the wind, ever changing, and ever shifting.
I joined in June 2013 and I can say for certain that I did not pick the test. I remember seeing how it changed when I picked other colours. I knew it would be purple and didn't care about it.
I joined in June 2013 and I can say for certain that I did not pick the test. I remember seeing how it changed when I picked other colours. I knew it would be purple and didn't care about it.
tumblr_inline_o23j1zjnqA1r3lvtf_500.png
I can 100% say that Tert picking was not a thing (June 2013 player here). My memory of visual events is strong, along with the fact why the heck would I pick Leaf to go with Sky/Mulberry? I would've gone with another blue or purple.
I can 100% say that Tert picking was not a thing (June 2013 player here). My memory of visual events is strong, along with the fact why the heck would I pick Leaf to go with Sky/Mulberry? I would've gone with another blue or purple.
I thought that I remembered picking my progen's tert (violet? to go along with the other greens? who knows...) because I remembered scrolling through colors and wondering why nothing was changing when I selected another color, so I eventually left it with what it was: violet.

However, upon further thought I also remembered dropdown boxes for genes and whatnot, too. So I'm pretty sure I just remember scrying him afterward. Who knows, though. I have absolutely no memories of what the dragon creation screen looked like...

Here he is, by the way. Not bad for an emerald/avocado/violet.
I thought that I remembered picking my progen's tert (violet? to go along with the other greens? who knows...) because I remembered scrolling through colors and wondering why nothing was changing when I selected another color, so I eventually left it with what it was: violet.

However, upon further thought I also remembered dropdown boxes for genes and whatnot, too. So I'm pretty sure I just remember scrying him afterward. Who knows, though. I have absolutely no memories of what the dragon creation screen looked like...

Here he is, by the way. Not bad for an emerald/avocado/violet.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I still swear I picked Mora's tert. Maybe I need to ask my friend if she remembers that, she did help me make my account...
I still swear I picked Mora's tert. Maybe I need to ask my friend if she remembers that, she did help me make my account...
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I didn't pick mine. It took until Runes came out for any tert to look good in Charcoal. I would never have picked something so frustrating.

Though, I wouldn't outright dismiss any theories. (this topic gets taken just a bit too seriously, if you ask me.)
I didn't pick mine. It took until Runes came out for any tert to look good in Charcoal. I would never have picked something so frustrating.

Though, I wouldn't outright dismiss any theories. (this topic gets taken just a bit too seriously, if you ask me.)
tumblr_inline_podse1UQDZ1tbfba7_500.png
[quote name="CrossHound" date=2018-01-18 12:16:34] I've never posted in one of these before so I thought i'd hop on board before this one got too old for me to reply to :'D I definitely, 100% picked my tert for my custom progen Carasu o: i remember the exact conversation i had with my buddy who got me to join FR--i was sitting in her basement and picking my flight (i remember the exact reasoning for picking that too, and the conversation we had about it), and then making my dragon. I'd decided to make one of my OCs as a dragon, though there wasn't really a good way to make her with the colors she had in her dog form, so i was like "what would Carasu look like if she was a really epic dragon?" When i got down to the tert color option, i noticed it didn't do anything, so i asked my friend what it was and she said "don't worry about it yet, it's not important until later", i guess not realizing that it wasn't supposed to be an option? i'm pretty sure she didn't get to pick her tert o: maybe she just thought it was a new feature they'd added since she joined, idk xD but since i couldn't see it and she said it wasn't important, i picked red, because it was my favorite color at the time, plus if it did ever show up, i thought maybe it'd look like blood and make Carasu look cool LOL little did i know, that it would take years for a tert gene to come out that would make her tert color look good :'D i'm so thankful for opal, you guys have no idea LOL every time a new tert gene came out, i'd rush to the scrying workshop to see if it made her tert color look good, and every time it didn't, i'd berate myself for picking red it's kind of ridiculous that everybody just blindly believes the FR admins and assumes we're all nuts???? how would you like it if we were telling you that you were off your rocker for thinking you DIDN'T pick your tert? :'D because we all did, so surely it's YOU who must be wrong fff i have a really good long term memory, and can remember things all the way back to when i was 2 or 3 years old (my short term memory is absolute crap tho LOL), so i really highly doubt that i'm misremembering, or being influenced by other people, considering there's so many people saying it's not possible because the code never existed and i'm still 100% sure that it happened :'D rather than being rude and saying we're wrong, why not just go along with the alternate universe idea? i'm down for that LOL [/quote] @CrossHound But nobody is being rude? There's nothing wrong with having a false or inaccurate memory about something, it's simply a part of human psychology and it happens literally all the time. Brains are not cameras or computers. No matter how good you think your memory is, human memory is fallible in a lot of fascinating ways. The mandela effect is one of them. Picking a tert for your custom progen was never possible on this site, even in beta. The coding for such a thing was never written. You can read about the mandela effect for some neat insight into why your mind may have created this memory, and why it happens to so many FR users. You're definitely not alone. So don't let being "wrong" about something upset you, false memories are actually pretty cool and interesting.
CrossHound wrote on 2018-01-18:

@CrossHound But nobody is being rude? There's nothing wrong with having a false or inaccurate memory about something, it's simply a part of human psychology and it happens literally all the time. Brains are not cameras or computers. No matter how good you think your memory is, human memory is fallible in a lot of fascinating ways. The mandela effect is one of them.

Picking a tert for your custom progen was never possible on this site, even in beta. The coding for such a thing was never written. You can read about the mandela effect for some neat insight into why your mind may have created this memory, and why it happens to so many FR users. You're definitely not alone. So don't let being "wrong" about something upset you, false memories are actually pretty cool and interesting.
bHeX9bv.png
I definitely didn't pick the tertiary for either of my progens, although I have a lovely story attached to their terts!

when I joined the site, my username was "thistlebird" (for the first month, until I changed it - then changed it again). my progens have both been scattered and look completely different now, but when I took a look at their terts for the first time, I was floored. both of them had Thistle as their tert! with new player logic, I reasoned that the site had somehow... determined that color based on my username. xD of course I know better now, and that it was just insane RNG. still, very cool!
I definitely didn't pick the tertiary for either of my progens, although I have a lovely story attached to their terts!

when I joined the site, my username was "thistlebird" (for the first month, until I changed it - then changed it again). my progens have both been scattered and look completely different now, but when I took a look at their terts for the first time, I was floored. both of them had Thistle as their tert! with new player logic, I reasoned that the site had somehow... determined that color based on my username. xD of course I know better now, and that it was just insane RNG. still, very cool!
food_white_masked_dustbug_by_dogi_crimson-dahwix8.gif
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29 30