Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coli Mobs actual Sizes?
Okay so, We all know that the dragon's sizes in the Coli are not to scale. Fae are tiny and Imps are massive, but next to each other they are the same.

Ya can't exactly play the coli if the target area of the fae is too small to click on, right? And having just an IMP foot in the play area window is not reasonable. Plus, I don't know if the coding of it would be way too much work or not.

>.>

ALSO, most dragons that "come of age" (ie become adults) can then go into the coliseum (as long as they are named). When dragons have just "grown up", they are pretty small compared to other dragons of the same breed who have been around longer. (My first Imp is MASSIVE compared to my other dragons, for example).

But as I play in the coli, I wonder.

How big ARE the Miths? The Mice? The Centaurs? Are the Training Field mobs just HUGE. I mean getting beat up by a (just one) tiny mouse would be.... kind of... sad.

Thoughts?
Okay so, We all know that the dragon's sizes in the Coli are not to scale. Fae are tiny and Imps are massive, but next to each other they are the same.

Ya can't exactly play the coli if the target area of the fae is too small to click on, right? And having just an IMP foot in the play area window is not reasonable. Plus, I don't know if the coding of it would be way too much work or not.

>.>

ALSO, most dragons that "come of age" (ie become adults) can then go into the coliseum (as long as they are named). When dragons have just "grown up", they are pretty small compared to other dragons of the same breed who have been around longer. (My first Imp is MASSIVE compared to my other dragons, for example).

But as I play in the coli, I wonder.

How big ARE the Miths? The Mice? The Centaurs? Are the Training Field mobs just HUGE. I mean getting beat up by a (just one) tiny mouse would be.... kind of... sad.

Thoughts?
[quote name="Drakenhart" date=2017-09-25 13:25:22] I mean getting beat up by a (just one) tiny mouse would be.... kind of... sad. [/quote] Someone debated this once For training fields they said they had an intense phobia of the creatures but yeah I too wonder this [img]https://cdn.weasyl.com/static/media/5e/2b/f0/5e2bf0b2da03effff43dbd7cb75e43c30f977c4f2fccc3c776d164bbd70323d8.png[/img]
Drakenhart wrote on 2017-09-25:
I mean getting beat up by a (just one) tiny mouse would be.... kind of... sad.

Someone debated this once

For training fields they said they had an intense phobia of the creatures but yeah I too wonder this

5e2bf0b2da03effff43dbd7cb75e43c30f977c4f2fccc3c776d164bbd70323d8.png
2e8yyk_by_theelfdruid-dchl0pk.gift03oxll_by_theelfdruid-dchl10y.jpg2e8z55_by_theelfdruid-dchl0ph.gif
well, we know that warcats can be the size of some dragons but idk for the others. [item=Double-tailed Warcat]
well, we know that warcats can be the size of some dragons but idk for the others.
Double-Tailed Warcat
My username is drawingdeamon! Please mind the spelling!
My fandragons are in my Hibernal Den!
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.png
Wartoads are huge
Wartoads are huge
lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
Ah Greenwing died to a webwing in his first fight.

Imagine if they were the size of hummingbirds or something.

Ah Greenwing died to a webwing in his first fight.

Imagine if they were the size of hummingbirds or something.

Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
If it helps, here's some of what the admins have said about coliseum familiar sizes in the Q&A threads: [quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-06-19 07:38:28] The creatures of Flight Rising would not know what a "human" is, so consider the following a non-lore-friendly comparison! [LIST][*]Talonok are the smallest beastclan, around the size of a large bird of prey such as a bearded vulture. [*]Harpies and Longneck are about the size of a human. [*]Serthis and Maren are slightly larger than a human, and much longer. [*]Centaurs are the largest, and are the size of a horse. [/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/41#post_11770139]Source[/url]. [quote name=Aequorin date=2017-04-18]Warcats match the size of many dragons species, though imperials aren't one of them! Roc are among some of the largest of the familiars, while Aer Phantoms are among some of the smallest. Familiars run the gamut! [/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2125195/47#post_26775449]Source[/url].
If it helps, here's some of what the admins have said about coliseum familiar sizes in the Q&A threads:

Aequorin wrote on 2015-06-19:
The creatures of Flight Rising would not know what a "human" is, so consider the following a non-lore-friendly comparison!
  • Talonok are the smallest beastclan, around the size of a large bird of prey such as a bearded vulture.
  • Harpies and Longneck are about the size of a human.
  • Serthis and Maren are slightly larger than a human, and much longer.
  • Centaurs are the largest, and are the size of a horse.

Source.

Aequorin wrote on 2017-04-18:
Warcats match the size of many dragons species, though imperials aren't one of them! Roc are among some of the largest of the familiars, while Aer Phantoms are among some of the smallest. Familiars run the gamut!

Source.
i imagine coli monsters are ridiculously huge compared to what they resemble. Let's take an Amaranth Moth for example. We'll assume that it is related to the Silkworm Moth, as that is its coli drop. Those have a wingspan of about 2 inches when fully grown. Now the Shade comes along and turns that cute little 2 inch silkworm moth into an Amaranth Moth. This moth, I imagine, is somewhere around 3 to 4 feet tall, and has a wingspan of maybe 4 to 4 and a half feet (20 times the size). This makes them actual enemies in the Coliseum, and gives dragons a reason to consider them an enemy. Unless you're an old Imp. [img]https://image.ibb.co/gTotb5/size_comp_1.png[/img] Now. On the flip side, let's take an enemy such as a Tunnel Hydra. Hydras drop oarfish food items, which are about 10 feet long. We'll multiply this by 10 to estimate how much the Shade bulked up the oarfish- that's a 100 foot long snake oarfish thing. I don't think I need to draw a comparison for this one. So while yes, Amaranths are literally just moths, they are ridiculously huge moths because they are also coliseum enemies. And things like Hydras only get much, much bigger.
i imagine coli monsters are ridiculously huge compared to what they resemble.

Let's take an Amaranth Moth for example. We'll assume that it is related to the Silkworm Moth, as that is its coli drop. Those have a wingspan of about 2 inches when fully grown.

Now the Shade comes along and turns that cute little 2 inch silkworm moth into an Amaranth Moth. This moth, I imagine, is somewhere around 3 to 4 feet tall, and has a wingspan of maybe 4 to 4 and a half feet (20 times the size). This makes them actual enemies in the Coliseum, and gives dragons a reason to consider them an enemy. Unless you're an old Imp.
size_comp_1.png

Now. On the flip side, let's take an enemy such as a Tunnel Hydra. Hydras drop oarfish food items, which are about 10 feet long. We'll multiply this by 10 to estimate how much the Shade bulked up the oarfish- that's a 100 foot long snake oarfish thing. I don't think I need to draw a comparison for this one.

So while yes, Amaranths are literally just moths, they are ridiculously huge moths because they are also coliseum enemies. And things like Hydras only get much, much bigger.
corrosivedepin.gif

lore shop
clan lore
AIG1rOK.png
@TheElfDruid

That's the best pic I've yet seen on this site.
@TheElfDruid

That's the best pic I've yet seen on this site.
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png