Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Team Nickelklaus (Raffle Preparation)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 289 290
[size=5][color=red][b]Due to scheduling conflicts this project has been separated from the Secret Santa Advent Calendar. We will now hold a second raffle: "13 Days of Christmas". Please see below for the new schedule.[/b][/color=red][/size=5] [center][size=6]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size=6][/center] [center][size=6][b]Hello and welcome everybody to[/b][/size=6] [size=6][color=red][b]Team Nickelklaus,[/b][/color=red][/size=6] [size=5]where you can [b]earn early tickets[/b] for the [color=red][b]2017 Secret Santa Advent Calendar Raffle[/b][/color=red] by helping to prepare[/size=5] [size=6][color=green][b]Flight Rep Dragons[/b][/color=green][/size=6] [size=5]for that raffle. [size=5][/center] [columns] If you have no idea what I'm talking about, these buttons will take you to the respective [b][color=red]2016[/color=red][/b] threads. [nextcol] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2048030/][img] http://imgur.com/rficGdy.gif [/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2049948/1][img]http://imgur.com/qCbUEpz.gif[/img][/url] [/columns] [indent][indent][size=4][b]A reminder: All early tickets are contingent on your taking part in the 2017 SS gift exchange.[/b][/size=5] You can only enter the Advent Calendar Raffle if you sign up for the 2017 Secret Santa. [size=4][u]If you don't, your early tickets will become void.[/u][/size=4] [/indent][/indent] [center][size=6]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size=6][/center] [center][size=6][color=green][b]How It Works[/b][/color=green][/size=6][/center] Last year the occasional and accidental Flight Rep dragons were very popular during the daily dragon raffles. But they were just that, occasional and accidental. I would receive a dragon donation where the eyes matched the colours of the dragon and spontaneously decide it might make a good Flight Rep. In the debrief survey many people indicated they would like to see more Flight Rep dragons in the daily raffles, so here's my attempt to provide just that ;-) I have this idea that it would be really, really, REALLY cool if we could have 5 or so Flight Reps in the daily dragon raffles every day. And on special occasions even an entire set. And perhaps another full set as prize pack (or a pick 3 thing, because 11 dragons is a lot to dump on somebody as a prize) for the raffle proper. So, perhaps 150 Flight Reps in all? Obviously, I cannot do this alone. This is where you come in. [center][size=4][b]I would like you to find good Flight Rep candidates, [color=red]co-ordinate here with me[/color=red] and hold them for the raffle until December.[/b][/size=4] (And by "find" I mean breed them yourself or buy them on the AH or otherwise acquire them.)[/center] [list] [*]These dragons must have the [b]correct eyes/element,[/b] obviously. [*]These dragons must be [b]fully gened.[/b] (See [u][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2096990/1#post_25101297]this post[/url][/u] on why we don't accept G1s.) [*]They must be kept [b]unbred.[/b] [*]They must have a [b]hatchday that lies within the respective festival week[/b]. (Ideally the very first day, but that's flexible) [*]If their [b]breed matched their element,[/b] that would be a bonus. (But perhaps that's just my personal preference, please discuss below!) [*]If they were [b]levelled by December,[/b] that would be another bonus. [*]And if they had [b]art and/or lore by December,[/b] that would be a super awesome bonus. [/list] The problem is, this fancy idea is all I have so far. I would have liked to get this thread started sooner, but (surprisingly and also sadly) my life does not consist solely of pixel dragons. So, this is what I could manage and we'll have to take it from here. I would like your input on how to organize this, how to fairly award early tickets for your efforts, how to bring together players with different talents and skills (so that one player can level while another does art for the same dragon) and somewhat urgently, now that the Ice festival is almost upon us, [b]how to ensure we end up with about the same number of Flight Reps for each of the 11 flights.[/b] I'll reserve 13 panels below, one for each element and another two just in case. Discuss! Thanks.
Due to scheduling conflicts this project has been separated from the Secret Santa Advent Calendar.

We will now hold a second raffle: "13 Days of Christmas".

Please see below for the new schedule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello and welcome everybody to

Team Nickelklaus,

where you can earn early tickets for the
2017 Secret Santa Advent Calendar Raffle
by helping to prepare

Flight Rep Dragons for that raffle.

If you have no idea what
I'm talking about, these
buttons will take you to the
respective 2016 threads.
rficGdy.gif qCbUEpz.gif

A reminder: All early tickets are contingent on
your taking part in the 2017 SS gift exchange.

You can only enter the Advent Calendar Raffle
if you sign up for the 2017 Secret Santa.

If you don't, your early tickets will become void.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How It Works

Last year the occasional and accidental Flight Rep dragons were very popular during the daily dragon raffles. But they were just that, occasional and accidental. I would receive a dragon donation where the eyes matched the colours of the dragon and spontaneously decide it might make a good Flight Rep.

In the debrief survey many people indicated they would like to see more Flight Rep dragons in the daily raffles, so here's my attempt to provide just that ;-)

I have this idea that it would be really, really, REALLY cool if we could have 5 or so Flight Reps in the daily dragon raffles every day. And on special occasions even an entire set. And perhaps another full set as prize pack (or a pick 3 thing, because 11 dragons is a lot to dump on somebody as a prize) for the raffle proper.

So, perhaps 150 Flight Reps in all? Obviously, I cannot do this alone. This is where you come in.

I would like you to find good Flight Rep candidates,
co-ordinate here with me
and hold them for the raffle until December.

(And by "find" I mean breed them yourself
or buy them on the AH or otherwise acquire them.)

• These dragons must have the correct eyes/element, obviously.

• These dragons must be fully gened.
    (See this post on why we don't accept G1s.)

• They must be kept unbred.

• They must have a hatchday that lies within the respective festival week.
    (Ideally the very first day, but that's flexible)

• If their breed matched their element, that would be a bonus.
    (But perhaps that's just my personal preference, please discuss below!)

• If they were levelled by December, that would be another bonus.

• And if they had art and/or lore by December, that would be a super awesome bonus.

The problem is, this fancy idea is all I have so far. I would have liked to get this thread started sooner, but (surprisingly and also sadly) my life does not consist solely of pixel dragons. So, this is what I could manage and we'll have to take it from here.

I would like your input on how to organize this, how to fairly award early tickets for your efforts, how to bring together players with different talents and skills (so that one player can level while another does art for the same dragon) and somewhat urgently, now that the Ice festival is almost upon us, how to ensure we end up with about the same number of Flight Reps for each of the 11 flights.

I'll reserve 13 panels below, one for each element and another two just in case.

Discuss! Thanks.
48132295907_e8de2b6f19_o.png
Directory 1 - General

We are no longer accepting new members.

[*]Please fill out the application form here.

Please ping me (@kriski) in this thread to let me know there is a new application, which I can add to the google doc of "whos & whats." If you want to change your info, please do not fill out the form a second time. Ping me here and I'll make the changes in the google document right away.

[*]You can find the google doc of "whos & whats" here.

It lists all participants with their Flights and the services/talents they can provide.

[*]You can find the tickets sheet here.

[*]You can join us in our Discord Chat here.
Directory 1 - General

We are no longer accepting new members.

[*]Please fill out the application form here.

Please ping me (@kriski) in this thread to let me know there is a new application, which I can add to the google doc of "whos & whats." If you want to change your info, please do not fill out the form a second time. Ping me here and I'll make the changes in the google document right away.

[*]You can find the google doc of "whos & whats" here.

It lists all participants with their Flights and the services/talents they can provide.

[*]You can find the tickets sheet here.

[*]You can join us in our Discord Chat here.
Directory 2 - People

Directory 2 - People

Directory 3 - Posts by Topic

Once a full set of reps has been chosen, this set will be posted further back in the thread and linked here for easier access. The front post "XXX Reps Central" will be updated every month to show the currently in progress set.

• Ice Reps Central: Here.

• Shadow Reps Central: Here.

• Wind Reps Central: Here.

• Water Reps Central: Here.

• Nature Reps Central: Here.

• Light Reps Central: Here.

• Lightning Reps Central: Here.

• Fire Reps Central: Here.

• Arcane Reps Central: Here.

• Plague Reps Central: Here.

• Earth Reps Central: Here.

• Deities Central: Here.

• Valentine's Day Central: Here.

• St. Patrick's Day Central: Here.

• March Equinox Central: Here.

• April Fool's Day Central: Here.

• Back-Up Reps from Earth Day Central: Here.

• June Solstice Central: Here.

• September Equinox Central: Here.

• Halloween Central: Here.
Directory 3 - Posts by Topic

Once a full set of reps has been chosen, this set will be posted further back in the thread and linked here for easier access. The front post "XXX Reps Central" will be updated every month to show the currently in progress set.

• Ice Reps Central: Here.

• Shadow Reps Central: Here.

• Wind Reps Central: Here.

• Water Reps Central: Here.

• Nature Reps Central: Here.

• Light Reps Central: Here.

• Lightning Reps Central: Here.

• Fire Reps Central: Here.

• Arcane Reps Central: Here.

• Plague Reps Central: Here.

• Earth Reps Central: Here.

• Deities Central: Here.

• Valentine's Day Central: Here.

• St. Patrick's Day Central: Here.

• March Equinox Central: Here.

• April Fool's Day Central: Here.

• Back-Up Reps from Earth Day Central: Here.

• June Solstice Central: Here.

• September Equinox Central: Here.

• Halloween Central: Here.
Why we DON'T accept G1s

We discussed G1s at the beginning. They are hit and miss and also a rather niche market. Not all players appreciate the G1-ness in the face of triple basic. We only award 50 tickets per dragon here, per dragon chosen to be a rep or holiday dragon, NOT per dragon posted here. And they MUST be triple gened. So you'd never get your "investment" back in terms of tickets if you gened a G1 for this project.
Why we DON'T accept G1s

We discussed G1s at the beginning. They are hit and miss and also a rather niche market. Not all players appreciate the G1-ness in the face of triple basic. We only award 50 tickets per dragon here, per dragon chosen to be a rep or holiday dragon, NOT per dragon posted here. And they MUST be triple gened. So you'd never get your "investment" back in terms of tickets if you gened a G1 for this project.
New Raffle Format

Something will appear here soonish.
New Raffle Format

[center][size=5][b][u]13 Days of Christmas[/u][/b][/size=5][/center] [quote name="December 26"] 11 Deity Dragons, all hatched on FR's anniversary. [/quote] [quote name="December 27"] 16 Ice Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Crystalline Gala. [/quote] [quote name="December 28"] 16 Shadow Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Trickmurk Circus. [/quote] [quote name="December 29"] 16 Wind Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Mistral Jamboree. [/quote] [quote name="December 30"] 16 Water Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Wavecrest Saturnalia. [/quote] [quote name="December 31"] 16 Nature Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Greenskeeper Gathering. [/quote] [quote name="January 1"] 16 Light Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Brightshine Jubilee. [/quote] [quote name="January 2"] 16 Lightning Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Thudercrack Carnivale. [/quote] [quote name="January 3"] 16 Fire Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Flamefoerger's Festival. [/quote] [quote name="January 4"] 16 Arcane Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Starfall Celebration. [/quote] [quote name="January 5"] 16 Plague Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Riot of Rot. [/quote] [quote name="January 6"] 16 Earth Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Rockbreaker's Ceremony. [/quote] [quote name="January 7"] Grand Finale. 2x11 Deluxe Flight Reps as well as 10 pairs of themed holiday dragons. [/quote]
13 Days of Christmas

December 26 wrote:
11 Deity Dragons, all hatched on FR's anniversary.

December 27 wrote:
16 Ice Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Crystalline Gala.

December 28 wrote:
16 Shadow Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Trickmurk Circus.

December 29 wrote:
16 Wind Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Mistral Jamboree.

December 30 wrote:
16 Water Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Wavecrest Saturnalia.

December 31 wrote:
16 Nature Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Greenskeeper Gathering.

January 1 wrote:
16 Light Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Brightshine Jubilee.

January 2 wrote:
16 Lightning Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Thudercrack Carnivale.

January 3 wrote:
16 Fire Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Flamefoerger's Festival.

January 4 wrote:
16 Arcane Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Starfall Celebration.

January 5 wrote:
16 Plague Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Riot of Rot.

January 6 wrote:
16 Earth Flight Reps, all hatched during the 2017 Rockbreaker's Ceremony.

January 7 wrote:
Grand Finale. 2x11 Deluxe Flight Reps as well as 10 pairs of themed holiday dragons.

Details about the Flight Reps, etc.

Details about the Flight Reps, etc.

Ticket Values

• Basic Dragon Value: 50 tickets.
    2x25 were two people co-operate
    3x17 in case we have a three-ways co-operation

• Dorming per Dragon per Month: 10 tickets.
    We count full calendar months and begin the month after the respective festival.
    Ice Reps get tickets for February and onwards, etc.
    We'll figure out something for December as the year progresses.
    Levelling the A-Subsets to 15 should only take a couple of days and can be neglected in terms of dorming tickets.
    Levelling the Deluxe Reps is likely a team effort over several weeks. Again, no dorming tickets for the respective dormer while that dragon is being trained. Compensation for feeding their trainee is already included in the tickets for levelling service.

• Festival Items: We no longer accept festival items for tickets.
    We have a very large pool, most of which will be liquidated to buy other stuff that's still needed.

• Battle Stone Donations: Please check the Levelling Hub.

• Levelling per level: Please check the Levelling Hub.

• Art per tier and complexity: Please check the Art Hub.

• Lore per length: Please check the Lore Hub.
Ticket Values

• Basic Dragon Value: 50 tickets.
    2x25 were two people co-operate
    3x17 in case we have a three-ways co-operation

• Dorming per Dragon per Month: 10 tickets.
    We count full calendar months and begin the month after the respective festival.
    Ice Reps get tickets for February and onwards, etc.
    We'll figure out something for December as the year progresses.
    Levelling the A-Subsets to 15 should only take a couple of days and can be neglected in terms of dorming tickets.
    Levelling the Deluxe Reps is likely a team effort over several weeks. Again, no dorming tickets for the respective dormer while that dragon is being trained. Compensation for feeding their trainee is already included in the tickets for levelling service.

• Festival Items: We no longer accept festival items for tickets.
    We have a very large pool, most of which will be liquidated to buy other stuff that's still needed.

• Battle Stone Donations: Please check the Levelling Hub.

• Levelling per level: Please check the Levelling Hub.

• Art per tier and complexity: Please check the Art Hub.

• Lore per length: Please check the Lore Hub.
[center][size=5][b][u]Levelling and Battle Stones[/u][/b][/size=5][/center] Since we don't know when the Coli revamp will take place or how exactly it will effect current dragon builds, we will leave ALL levelled dragons unstatted, unticntured, and unstoned - with one exception: dragons levelled to 17 or 25 will get ONE Ambush, to eat up the first-turn-bug. This "dumb" levelling will take significantly longer than if we gave the trainees stats and stones so that they could start helping after lv. 17. That's why the multipliers for the higher levels have been raised from the original proposal. [quote name="Levelling per Level"][columns] [b]Level 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25[/b] XXXXXXXX [nextcol] [b]Points 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24[/b] XXXXXXXX [nextcol] [b]Multiplier [color=brown]1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1[/color=brown] [color=grey]1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.5[/color=grey] [color=orange]2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5[/color=orange] [color=blue]3.5 3.5 3.5 3.5 3.5[color=blue][/b] XXXXXXXX [nextcol] [b]Tickets [color=brown]1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9[/color=brown] [color=grey]15 17 18 20 21[/color=grey] [color=orange]38 40 43 45 48[/color=orange] [color=blue]70 74 77 81 84[/color=blue][/b] XXXXXXXX [/columns][/quote] Tickets are awarded per level trained and add up. This allows for a clean handover should any one leveller grow bored or frustrated with their task. Examples: Raising one dragon from 1 to 10 nets 45 tickets (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9). Raising one dragon from 10 to 17 nets 169 tickets (15+17+18+20+21+38+40). Raising one dragon all the way to 25 nets 736 tickets (the entire column added up). [b]A reminder of which dragons receive how much levelling:[/b] Subset A: Level 17, ONE Ambush. Subset D (Subspecies): Level 10, no stones. Deluxe Reps: Level 25, ONE Ambush. Holiday Dragons: Level 17, ONE Ambush. Deity Dragons: Level 17, ONE Ambush. [b][size=4][color=red]Tickets for Battle Stones are on hold, because we're waiting for the Coli revamp to happen. Please don't donate any yet, we really have no idea how to price them fairly without knowledge of their continued or altered usefulness. The below table was the first proposal, it will be re-evalued and adjusted after the Coli revamp.[/color=red][/size=4][/b] [quote name="ON HOLD - Battle Stones at +15% AH Value - ON HOLD"][columns] [b][size=4]Stone[/size=4] Ambush Berserker Bolster [color=red]Eliminate[/color=red] Haste Rally Reflect Sap Scratch Shred Tincture of Dissolution Ward[/b] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [nextcol] [b][size=4]AH price[/size=4] 35kT 10kT 2kT [color=red]300kT[/color=red] 40kT 75kT 10kT 9kT 1kT 5kT 30kT 1kT[/b] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [nextcol] [b][size=4]Tickets[/size=4] 40 tickets 12 tickets 2 tickets [color=red]360 tickets (+20%) [/color=red] 46 tickets 86 tickets 12 tickets 10 tickets 1 ticket 6 tickets 35 tickets 1 ticket[/b] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [columns][/quote]
Levelling and Battle Stones

Since we don't know when the Coli revamp will take place or how exactly it will effect current dragon builds, we will leave ALL levelled dragons unstatted, unticntured, and unstoned - with one exception: dragons levelled to 17 or 25 will get ONE Ambush, to eat up the first-turn-bug.

This "dumb" levelling will take significantly longer than if we gave the trainees stats and stones so that they could start helping after lv. 17. That's why the multipliers for the higher levels have been raised from the original proposal.

Levelling per Level wrote:
Level

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX
Multiplier

XXXXXXXX
Tickets

XXXXXXXX

Tickets are awarded per level trained and add up. This allows for a clean handover should any one leveller grow bored or frustrated with their task.

Examples:

Raising one dragon from 1 to 10 nets 45 tickets (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9).

Raising one dragon from 10 to 17 nets 169 tickets (15+17+18+20+21+38+40).

Raising one dragon all the way to 25 nets 736 tickets (the entire column added up).

A reminder of which dragons receive how much levelling:

Subset A: Level 17, ONE Ambush.

Subset D (Subspecies): Level 10, no stones.

Deluxe Reps: Level 25, ONE Ambush.

Holiday Dragons: Level 17, ONE Ambush.

Deity Dragons: Level 17, ONE Ambush.

Tickets for Battle Stones are on hold, because we're waiting for the Coli revamp to happen. Please don't donate any yet, we really have no idea how to price them fairly without knowledge of their continued or altered usefulness. The below table was the first proposal, it will be re-evalued and adjusted after the Coli revamp.

ON HOLD - Battle Stones at +15% AH Value - ON HOLD wrote:
Stone

Ambush

Berserker

Bolster

Eliminate

Haste

Rally

Reflect

Sap

Scratch

Shred