Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Nocturne, AKA 'Spikybat,' Headcanons!
1 2 3 4 5
[center][b]Heya! I'm Tavvy from Shadow Flight, and I didn't see a thread like this anywhere in the forums so I figured I'd make one![/b][/center] I call Nocturnes Spikybats, for obvious reasons. Sorry, but not really [i]that[/i] sorry. I also wanted to make headcanon threads for other breeds and flights, but I didn't want to flood the forums. If any of you make a headcanon thread, please ping me! Basically I just wanted to make a thread to post all your Noc Headcanons in (I am in Shadow flight, so Nocturne was an obvious species choice)! [img]http://flightrising.com/images/wiki/breed_nocturne.png[/img] [b]I'll start this thread off with a few of my personal headcanons that I have about Nocturne dragons. [/b] Please feel free to add your own - whether they be goofy, serious, scary, headcanons about your individual Nocturnes, Nocturnes as a whole, elemental Nocturnes, etc! No need to ping me, I'm subscribed. Anyway. Down to business. [center][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg][item=unhatched nocturne egg][/center] [LIST] [*]Since they're master mimics, some Nocturnes, like chameleons or octopi, are able to change the color of their scales to match their surroundings or moods. Some Nocturnes can change the color of their entire body (extra rare), while some can only change their primary/secondary/tertiary color. Color changing Nocs in general are uncommon. [*]Blind Nocturnes are able to navigate almost perfectly via echolocation. Nocturnes that live in dark habitats, such as the Tangled Wood, are especially adept at echolocating. Nocturnes that live in brighter habitats tend to be worse at it. [*]Nocturnes from different flights have very different traits and characteristics - both personality and physical. For example, an Earth-born Nocturne may have shorter/duller horns, smaller wings, shorter tails, and sturdier legs, while Nocturnes born in Arcane might have flashy frills, crystalline horns, and dexterous talons. [/LIST]
Heya! I'm Tavvy from Shadow Flight, and I didn't see a thread like this anywhere in the forums so I figured I'd make one!

I call Nocturnes Spikybats, for obvious reasons. Sorry, but not really that sorry. I also wanted to make headcanon threads for other breeds and flights, but I didn't want to flood the forums. If any of you make a headcanon thread, please ping me!

Basically I just wanted to make a thread to post all your Noc Headcanons in (I am in Shadow flight, so Nocturne was an obvious species choice)!

breed_nocturne.png

I'll start this thread off with a few of my personal headcanons that I have about Nocturne dragons. Please feel free to add your own - whether they be goofy, serious, scary, headcanons about your individual Nocturnes, Nocturnes as a whole, elemental Nocturnes, etc! No need to ping me, I'm subscribed.

Anyway. Down to business.

Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg Unhatched Nocturne Egg
  • Since they're master mimics, some Nocturnes, like chameleons or octopi, are able to change the color of their scales to match their surroundings or moods. Some Nocturnes can change the color of their entire body (extra rare), while some can only change their primary/secondary/tertiary color. Color changing Nocs in general are uncommon.

• Blind Nocturnes are able to navigate almost perfectly via echolocation. Nocturnes that live in dark habitats, such as the Tangled Wood, are especially adept at echolocating. Nocturnes that live in brighter habitats tend to be worse at it.

• Nocturnes from different flights have very different traits and characteristics - both personality and physical. For example, an Earth-born Nocturne may have shorter/duller horns, smaller wings, shorter tails, and sturdier legs, while Nocturnes born in Arcane might have flashy frills, crystalline horns, and dexterous talons.
AXFBrIx.png
Babies are called noclings :D
Babies are called noclings :D
olly / 15
I've always thought that Nocs can change the color of their throat flap to signal to others.
I've always thought that Nocs can change the color of their throat flap to signal to others.
Mg9qSuP.gif
@Mythie
#Noclings is the be s t way to address baby nocturnes omg

@StormDragon21 omg that's so cool! So you think they have a secret flap code or something? Ahh thats the coolest
@Mythie
#Noclings is the be s t way to address baby nocturnes omg

@StormDragon21 omg that's so cool! So you think they have a secret flap code or something? Ahh thats the coolest
AXFBrIx.png
@tavvy
Either that, or it turns bright red when they're embarrassed. Which is probably even more embarrassing.
@tavvy
Either that, or it turns bright red when they're embarrassed. Which is probably even more embarrassing.
Mg9qSuP.gif
@sunnytoxicbunny
This seems right up your alley.
@sunnytoxicbunny
This seems right up your alley.
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@stormdragon21 n octurn e blu sh e s [img]https://i.imgsafe.org/5a21548408.png[/img] (i may or may not have named this picture 'S-senpai_finally_noticed_me.img' and also I gave this noc anime eyebrows and lashes bc? I had to?)
@stormdragon21
n octurn e
blu sh e s

5a21548408.png

(i may or may not have named this picture 'S-senpai_finally_noticed_me.img' and also I gave this noc anime eyebrows and lashes bc? I had to?)
AXFBrIx.png
@qwigoqwaga

Thanks!

@Tavvy

Hey there!! I love this~
I have a dragon headcanon post in guides dedicated to variations and such :3

Link is in my signiture! I would love if you would submit your ideas on that post :D and of you dont mind I would like to feature this post of yours in relevant links section .o.
@qwigoqwaga

Thanks!

@Tavvy

Hey there!! I love this~
I have a dragon headcanon post in guides dedicated to variations and such :3

Link is in my signiture! I would love if you would submit your ideas on that post :D and of you dont mind I would like to feature this post of yours in relevant links section .o.
Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
Clan Lore Masterpost || Kintsukuroi ice sub
Lore Hub: Dragon Variants by Flight - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
@SunnyToxicBunny

Oh gosh, that's so cool! I'd love to submit my ideas, and I'd be honored to be featured in the links! :0
Ah, does this thread belong in the guides forum? Did I mess up?
@SunnyToxicBunny

Oh gosh, that's so cool! I'd love to submit my ideas, and I'd be honored to be featured in the links! :0
Ah, does this thread belong in the guides forum? Did I mess up?
AXFBrIx.png
@Tavvy

Awesome~
And dont worry your fine :3 mine is a MASSIVE thing meant to be a resource and catolouge so thats why I put it there, it wasnt really made for discussion .o.

@Tavvy

Awesome~
And dont worry your fine :3 mine is a MASSIVE thing meant to be a resource and catolouge so thats why I put it there, it wasnt really made for discussion .o.

Revamp 3.0!
p0c3JDft.png
Other Things by Me
Clan Lore Masterpost || Kintsukuroi ice sub
Lore Hub: Dragon Variants by Flight - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
1 2 3 4 5