Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Spaceflight Rising
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 55 56
@Llealynarisia Can you add me to the pinglist?
I'll contribute when I'm not on mobile, I promise
@Llealynarisia Can you add me to the pinglist?
I'll contribute when I'm not on mobile, I promise
@Llealynarisia
I'd love to be added to the pinglists if possible!!

The ViroTek that Plague ships use to grow and augment their ships has the inconvenient side effect of latching onto anything that's exposed to it for long enough, and I mean anything. As such, veteran Plague spacefarers may look extremely different to others of their breed - mutations such as extra limbs, tumours, eyes and orifices are common, as are colour differences.

Plague dragons report no ill effects from this, but most other fleets are predictably cautious about investigating their claims.

One infection that even Plague dragons are afraid of is the sporadic Gembond, whose cause is unknown. Gembond lore is basically similar to the already established lore, and it doesn't seem to harm dragons apart from limiting movement and eventually becoming pretty heavy (not an issue in space!! but Gembond dragons in the later stages rarely visit planets for fear of collapsing under their own weight)

aaaaand that's all I've got for now, I can't wait to see where this goes *quietly adapts clan lore*
@Llealynarisia
I'd love to be added to the pinglists if possible!!

The ViroTek that Plague ships use to grow and augment their ships has the inconvenient side effect of latching onto anything that's exposed to it for long enough, and I mean anything. As such, veteran Plague spacefarers may look extremely different to others of their breed - mutations such as extra limbs, tumours, eyes and orifices are common, as are colour differences.

Plague dragons report no ill effects from this, but most other fleets are predictably cautious about investigating their claims.

One infection that even Plague dragons are afraid of is the sporadic Gembond, whose cause is unknown. Gembond lore is basically similar to the already established lore, and it doesn't seem to harm dragons apart from limiting movement and eventually becoming pretty heavy (not an issue in space!! but Gembond dragons in the later stages rarely visit planets for fear of collapsing under their own weight)

aaaaand that's all I've got for now, I can't wait to see where this goes *quietly adapts clan lore*
... I'm Mouse, I'm 20 and
I live in Scotland! (FR+9)

The Abbey is a Lore Clan and accepts all sorts
of letters & interactions.
Ask me about inter-clan alliances!
tumblr_oq2bldAYE61u3wsjco7_r1_250.png
Pinglists have been updated!

@KitalphaHart @ViralN9 @bcrush

Those are all neat ideas~ I'm definitely liking them. :>
Pinglists have been updated!

@KitalphaHart @ViralN9 @bcrush

Those are all neat ideas~ I'm definitely liking them. :>
Garden-of-Shadows-Signature.png X9XFFVl.png
I have the idea Plague doesn't "build" their own ships, but instead will salvage wrecked ships (or in some cases steal ships space-pirate style) and than supplant any missing tech with their fleshy ViroTek. After that they restart any systems that can be restarted and they now have a new ship.
I have the idea Plague doesn't "build" their own ships, but instead will salvage wrecked ships (or in some cases steal ships space-pirate style) and than supplant any missing tech with their fleshy ViroTek. After that they restart any systems that can be restarted and they now have a new ship.
DNsZOzK.png
@ViralN9 That actually kinda sounds like what I already put down in the Plague Fleet section. But that's cool! Creative minds think alike, I guess. XD
@ViralN9 That actually kinda sounds like what I already put down in the Plague Fleet section. But that's cool! Creative minds think alike, I guess. XD
@Llealynarisia

I want in on all the ping lists XD
Can't believe I didn't discover this until now!!

Are we still brainstorming ideas on this AU?
@Llealynarisia

I want in on all the ping lists XD
Can't believe I didn't discover this until now!!

Are we still brainstorming ideas on this AU?
sWqWqUO.png KtLTLcK.pngM4zOTBn.pngm8FVdjG.pngN4WDDMS.png
@Unazaki Added~ And I'm still accepting ideas! I've personally just been quiet because I've been busy with getting ready for Halloween and trying to catch up with things on other sites.

I do have a basic plan for another short story, but I've yet to start writing it. I might see if I can at least get it started sometime today....
@Unazaki Added~ And I'm still accepting ideas! I've personally just been quiet because I've been busy with getting ready for Halloween and trying to catch up with things on other sites.

I do have a basic plan for another short story, but I've yet to start writing it. I might see if I can at least get it started sometime today....
Hey, any idea what the naming schemes would be like by flight?
Hey, any idea what the naming schemes would be like by flight?
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
...kinda off topic but this made me want a FR/Mass Effect crossover universe.

Nocs are Turians! Snaps are Krogans! Spirals are Salarians probably. Mirrors are Vorcha? PCs are Quarians? Idk but I want FR/ME to be a thing now.
...kinda off topic but this made me want a FR/Mass Effect crossover universe.

Nocs are Turians! Snaps are Krogans! Spirals are Salarians probably. Mirrors are Vorcha? PCs are Quarians? Idk but I want FR/ME to be a thing now.
Very cool concept, ping me for updates and art please! C:

I feel like shadow would have poor defense but excellent offense, able to take out any ship they ambush before it has time to react.
If a shadow fleet were to be attacked they wouldn't be very prepared though, and would be likely to try to flee.

I think that the water bubble stealth shield thing sounds cool but is too op.

Earth doesn't seem to have cool concepts for it yet so lemme try...
Earth is a friendly, happy, group of space dragons who passively provide for themselves. They have very low offense but near indestructible defense. Their ships are built strong and well, they would have an awesome security system, ships automatically reacting to threats.
Individual lair type ships would be adaptable and independent. Exploring large areas of space without fear.
Very cool concept, ping me for updates and art please! C:

I feel like shadow would have poor defense but excellent offense, able to take out any ship they ambush before it has time to react.
If a shadow fleet were to be attacked they wouldn't be very prepared though, and would be likely to try to flee.

I think that the water bubble stealth shield thing sounds cool but is too op.

Earth doesn't seem to have cool concepts for it yet so lemme try...
Earth is a friendly, happy, group of space dragons who passively provide for themselves. They have very low offense but near indestructible defense. Their ships are built strong and well, they would have an awesome security system, ships automatically reacting to threats.
Individual lair type ships would be adaptable and independent. Exploring large areas of space without fear.
37039_s.gif tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 55 56