Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Spaceflight Rising
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Now gimme dat videogame
Now gimme dat videogame
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
I'm late but sign me up omg
I'm late but sign me up omg
wq9PoXA.png
@LooneLuxxe @TwoSwordsClash @BlueJaysFeather You've all been added~

@BraveEguana Ahaha, that would be awesome~
@LooneLuxxe @TwoSwordsClash @BlueJaysFeather You've all been added~

@BraveEguana Ahaha, that would be awesome~
Garden-of-Shadows-Signature.png X9XFFVl.png
@Llealynarisia

I like this setting, have more words

While each flight has their own styles, their own names, there are some common classes of ships across all flights, some styles that are common to all dragonkind.

There are Empire Class ships, perhaps named for the lights first born children, perhaps simply for their massive crewcounts. Light's Dreadnoughts; Fire's Calderas, Magmas, Infernos; Nature's Thorns. Others for all flights, some built for war and some for peace - all massive behemoths in the void, carrying many clans in their hulls, many small ships flying in their wake.

There are clanships, some mighty or venerable - others small with only a few families. These ships tend not to be particularly well armed (some clans have been known to make dramatic violent exceptions to this rule) though each ship has some ways it can be weaponized (mining lasers go through ship hulls as well as stone, ships racing the speed of light make bullets seem insignificant and hulls able to handle space debris at those speeds can remind others why inertia is harsh mistress even in slower collisions). Clanships tend tow a small flotilla of personal crafts in their wake providing power and engine strength with ease. Some clans ships will strongly reflect their flight, being lethally strange to dragons of other flights (Water ships completely flooded where those who can breath in water must drown, ice ships kept killing cold, and the more subtle threat of light and shadow, of living without the cycles of light and dark most dragons need to stay sane), others will be built with provisions for bloodlines from other flights, more subtle but still prominent elemental affinities (such as light ships that that cycle internal lighting with the ships clock, growing dark during rest hours)

There are personal ships, intended for very small numbers of dragons, which must fly in the lee of larger ships, lacking the supplies for long flights. Of particular note are skirmish ships, generally designed for between one and four dragons, with flight independent kinetic weaponry, and autopilot intended to let a single dragon focus on guns and scanners in combat - and to recover a pilot back to the larger ship that it flew in with, should the the skirmish ship sustain damage such that it's crew's lives are endangered without destroying it's engines.
@Llealynarisia

I like this setting, have more words

While each flight has their own styles, their own names, there are some common classes of ships across all flights, some styles that are common to all dragonkind.

There are Empire Class ships, perhaps named for the lights first born children, perhaps simply for their massive crewcounts. Light's Dreadnoughts; Fire's Calderas, Magmas, Infernos; Nature's Thorns. Others for all flights, some built for war and some for peace - all massive behemoths in the void, carrying many clans in their hulls, many small ships flying in their wake.

There are clanships, some mighty or venerable - others small with only a few families. These ships tend not to be particularly well armed (some clans have been known to make dramatic violent exceptions to this rule) though each ship has some ways it can be weaponized (mining lasers go through ship hulls as well as stone, ships racing the speed of light make bullets seem insignificant and hulls able to handle space debris at those speeds can remind others why inertia is harsh mistress even in slower collisions). Clanships tend tow a small flotilla of personal crafts in their wake providing power and engine strength with ease. Some clans ships will strongly reflect their flight, being lethally strange to dragons of other flights (Water ships completely flooded where those who can breath in water must drown, ice ships kept killing cold, and the more subtle threat of light and shadow, of living without the cycles of light and dark most dragons need to stay sane), others will be built with provisions for bloodlines from other flights, more subtle but still prominent elemental affinities (such as light ships that that cycle internal lighting with the ships clock, growing dark during rest hours)

There are personal ships, intended for very small numbers of dragons, which must fly in the lee of larger ships, lacking the supplies for long flights. Of particular note are skirmish ships, generally designed for between one and four dragons, with flight independent kinetic weaponry, and autopilot intended to let a single dragon focus on guns and scanners in combat - and to recover a pilot back to the larger ship that it flew in with, should the the skirmish ship sustain damage such that it's crew's lives are endangered without destroying it's engines.
z9bVpPy.png
Art + Writing pinglist please! Dragons in Space? Heck yes.
Art + Writing pinglist please! Dragons in Space? Heck yes.
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
@Jaspernoir And you've been added to the list here as well~
@Jaspernoir And you've been added to the list here as well~
@Llealynarisia ok if there isn't an amino for this yet I will definetly help make one because I love this.
@Llealynarisia ok if there isn't an amino for this yet I will definetly help make one because I love this.
Achievements
Mirror Adopts
FR tumblr
ToyHouse
Art Fight
vista_mirror1.png
aroace - gender?
any pronouns - 20

2SswTJj.png tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
vista_tundra1.png
You can call me Art or Sand! :]
@sandcastle
there isn't an amino, but there is a discord group. I think. to my limited knowlage there is/was a discord
@sandcastle
there isn't an amino, but there is a discord group. I think. to my limited knowlage there is/was a discord
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
@Sandcastle

@firewyrm2018 is correct, there is indeed a Discord group! You can find the link to it in the first post of the thread.
@Sandcastle

@firewyrm2018 is correct, there is indeed a Discord group! You can find the link to it in the first post of the thread.
@Llealynarisia could I also be added to the pinglists? I've heard that this thread was/is going to be retouched, and I'd like to know when it happens
@Llealynarisia could I also be added to the pinglists? I've heard that this thread was/is going to be retouched, and I'd like to know when it happens
Achievements
Mirror Adopts
FR tumblr
ToyHouse
Art Fight
vista_mirror1.png
aroace - gender?
any pronouns - 20

2SswTJj.png tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
vista_tundra1.png
You can call me Art or Sand! :]
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56