Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 651 652 653 654 655 ... 753 754
Why to our enemies have a battle animation but not our dragons in the coliseum?
Why to our enemies have a battle animation but not our dragons in the coliseum?
tumblr_inline_nscdm3AKSx1r3h1o8_540.png
Is Dragonhome a homage to Lordran?
Is Dragonhome a homage to Lordran?
O2dHQme.png
iceg.gif
[quote]Will there ever be sets of genes split in separate areas? Such as one treasure and the other gems or one brew and the other drop or will they always be paired in the same way to acquire?[/quote] In regards to matching primary/secondary genes, they will never be split across the gem marketplace. A split across Swipp/Baldwin or treasure/Swipp or treasure/Coliseum etc is possible, but unlikely to happen. [br][br] [quote]Recently it was mentioned that you guys were working to an update to the coli. However, a while back you also stated that you were starting on updates to the AH. Is there a specific order you want to launch updates for these two areas of the site, or are you working on them in parallel, and are not sure which will launch first?[/quote] We can't go into details, but we can say while they're at different phases of development, they're being worked on in parallel by separate engineers. [br][br] [quote]Can dragons sense one another's flights just by being around each other, or do they have to look at eye color or see each other's battle moves?[/quote] Unless a dragon is actively using their elemental abilities, another dragon may not be able to tell what Element they are without visual confirmation. [br][br] [quote]Do you guys ever have dreams about FR? I'd love to hear what kind of crazy stuff your brains have worked up after working so hard on this site day in and day out.[/quote] [b]Aequorin:[/b] [br][img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/11fxhMPSRtnbTa/200.gif[/img] [b]Undel:[/b] Dreams have included: [list] [*]Deleting all of the image directories while moving them, and realizing we only had backups for half of the artwork. Trying for the rest of the dream to contact artists to find missing files. [*]Putting a Skyrim screenshot in dropbox for storage, then having another admin think it was artwork and upload it to the game as official content. Later evolved into a courtroom drama. [*]Finding unlicensed [i]Flight Rising[/i] merchandise in stores, including: Spiral dragon pool noodles, [i]Flight Rising[/i] sand pails, water guns shaped like the different dragon breed heads, and patterned swimsuits. For some reason all the merch was summer-related.[/list] [br][br] [quote]As admins, do you secretly giggle behind your monitors when you give away a subtle hint of foreshadowing an upcoming update yet no one quite realizes it yet?[/quote] All. The. Time. [br][br] [quote]Why reject a Dragon with a Wyvern like body?[/quote] This is a design decision we ultimately had to make to ensure our dragons and apparel remained consistent and usable game-wide. [br][br] [quote]Does running the site ever get taxing for you guys? I notice every update comes with a hand full of people who just cannot be satisfied. Are y'all okay :(?[/quote] Game design involves making sure decisions made are done so with the best long-term interests of the game and community both in mind and at heart. Sometimes this means something may be added, removed, or changed and not everyone will be okay with it. This is a part of game design and you do the best you can.
Quote:
Will there ever be sets of genes split in separate areas? Such as one treasure and the other gems or one brew and the other drop or will they always be paired in the same way to acquire?

In regards to matching primary/secondary genes, they will never be split across the gem marketplace. A split across Swipp/Baldwin or treasure/Swipp or treasure/Coliseum etc is possible, but unlikely to happen.

Quote:
Recently it was mentioned that you guys were working to an update to the coli. However, a while back you also stated that you were starting on updates to the AH. Is there a specific order you want to launch updates for these two areas of the site, or are you working on them in parallel, and are not sure which will launch first?

We can't go into details, but we can say while they're at different phases of development, they're being worked on in parallel by separate engineers.

Quote:
Can dragons sense one another's flights just by being around each other, or do they have to look at eye color or see each other's battle moves?

Unless a dragon is actively using their elemental abilities, another dragon may not be able to tell what Element they are without visual confirmation.

Quote:
Do you guys ever have dreams about FR? I'd love to hear what kind of crazy stuff your brains have worked up after working so hard on this site day in and day out.

Aequorin:

200.gif

Undel: Dreams have included:
  • Deleting all of the image directories while moving them, and realizing we only had backups for half of the artwork. Trying for the rest of the dream to contact artists to find missing files.
  • Putting a Skyrim screenshot in dropbox for storage, then having another admin think it was artwork and upload it to the game as official content. Later evolved into a courtroom drama.
  • Finding unlicensed Flight Rising merchandise in stores, including: Spiral dragon pool noodles, Flight Rising sand pails, water guns shaped like the different dragon breed heads, and patterned swimsuits. For some reason all the merch was summer-related.

Quote:
As admins, do you secretly giggle behind your monitors when you give away a subtle hint of foreshadowing an upcoming update yet no one quite realizes it yet?

All.

The.

Time.

Quote:
Why reject a Dragon with a Wyvern like body?

This is a design decision we ultimately had to make to ensure our dragons and apparel remained consistent and usable game-wide.

Quote:
Does running the site ever get taxing for you guys? I notice every update comes with a hand full of people who just cannot be satisfied. Are y'all okay :(?

Game design involves making sure decisions made are done so with the best long-term interests of the game and community both in mind and at heart. Sometimes this means something may be added, removed, or changed and not everyone will be okay with it. This is a part of game design and you do the best you can.
I would buy the heck out of Spiral Dragon pool noodles omg

On the topic of buying things, are there any plans for FR merch, either upcoming or in the distant future?
I would buy the heck out of Spiral Dragon pool noodles omg

On the topic of buying things, are there any plans for FR merch, either upcoming or in the distant future?
tfw your sig links are broken and you have nothing to use as a placeholder
How does a scrolled pearlcatcher start their pearl without their eggshell? If it is much smaller than born pearlcatchers, do they tend to looked down upon?
How does a scrolled pearlcatcher start their pearl without their eggshell? If it is much smaller than born pearlcatchers, do they tend to looked down upon?

tumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gif
Why isn't there flight rising merch?

I would totally buy a spiral pool noodle.
Why isn't there flight rising merch?

I would totally buy a spiral pool noodle.
tumblr_inline_nq0r6s19iA1syr94a_500.png
Why is there no new lore related to the wider world?
Why is there no new lore related to the wider world?
O2dHQme.png
iceg.gif
What do dragonets/hatchlings often use as toys?
What do dragonets/hatchlings often use as toys?
sdSRvlV.png
Consider this: Why not simply disable arm apparel for Swiftwings if you rejected the breed solely because of apparel purposes (which, by the way, I think is a stupid reason to reject a breed - not that I'm trying to insult you, but I'm just saying)?
Consider this: Why not simply disable arm apparel for Swiftwings if you rejected the breed solely because of apparel purposes (which, by the way, I think is a stupid reason to reject a breed - not that I'm trying to insult you, but I'm just saying)?
BcRJQQl.png
What would your reactions be if you found a big name company, or something, blatantly ripping off Flight Rising things like the dragons or stuff? What would you do about it?
What would your reactions be if you found a big name company, or something, blatantly ripping off Flight Rising things like the dragons or stuff? What would you do about it?
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
1 2 ... 651 652 653 654 655 ... 753 754