Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 264 265 266 267 268 ... 753 754
Can we get a clarification of the new bumping rules from the code of conduct update? Is the "once per day" rule obselete now, and instead we're free to bump as long as it's not a discussion forum?

Also, is bumping now banned in the adoptables and skins and accents forums? These spaces are used for sales more often than not, but don't appear on the "exempt" list.
Can we get a clarification of the new bumping rules from the code of conduct update? Is the "once per day" rule obselete now, and instead we're free to bump as long as it's not a discussion forum?

Also, is bumping now banned in the adoptables and skins and accents forums? These spaces are used for sales more often than not, but don't appear on the "exempt" list.
Na5WGHa.png
Is the Shade still an imminent threat to Sornieth like it was in the beginning?
Is the Shade still an imminent threat to Sornieth like it was in the beginning?
Is there a possibility of Boss monster drops (materials, food, etc) being used in alchemy recipes or Swipp?

They are particularly hard to get in large quantities, but I don't want to save them if they have no use, and I've yet to see any recipes use a boss monster material item.

If they have the potential to be used in any way, I will hold onto them, but considering that they are a lot rarer than a standard coli monster I was wondering if the admins have left those items out of consideration.
Is there a possibility of Boss monster drops (materials, food, etc) being used in alchemy recipes or Swipp?

They are particularly hard to get in large quantities, but I don't want to save them if they have no use, and I've yet to see any recipes use a boss monster material item.

If they have the potential to be used in any way, I will hold onto them, but considering that they are a lot rarer than a standard coli monster I was wondering if the admins have left those items out of consideration.
It was mentioned that the courier dragons are not alligned to any of the dieties and that even though they have the eye color of the location they have been born in, the other dragons do not consider them as kin.
Does this mean that they are protected? That if one is near a battle for any reason he will be ignored and not attacked or does the occasional hatchling try to snare one for lunch?
It was mentioned that the courier dragons are not alligned to any of the dieties and that even though they have the eye color of the location they have been born in, the other dragons do not consider them as kin.
Does this mean that they are protected? That if one is near a battle for any reason he will be ignored and not attacked or does the occasional hatchling try to snare one for lunch?
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
Would there every be a site wide lore event? like something big happens in the world kinda like quests? would the reveal of beast clans sort of count as that type of event?
Would there every be a site wide lore event? like something big happens in the world kinda like quests? would the reveal of beast clans sort of count as that type of event?
tumblr_ncyq60PF4M1tju6vto1_500.gif
I have a question about the color wheel expansion. If I put two dragons (that have color ranges including the new colors) on a nest before the new colors were released, and the nest hatches after they are released, would the hatchlings' colors be limited to the previous color wheel or would they have the chance to get the new colors?
I have a question about the color wheel expansion. If I put two dragons (that have color ranges including the new colors) on a nest before the new colors were released, and the nest hatches after they are released, would the hatchlings' colors be limited to the previous color wheel or would they have the chance to get the new colors?
wLNPkA3.png
Will you expand the colourwheel during NotN? Or closely to it?
Will you expand the colourwheel during NotN? Or closely to it?
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
When does Swipp sleep??
When does Swipp sleep??
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
[quote]Where is the shade? we've seen nothing of it.[/quote] The Shade is currently dormant, but possesses some Sornieth monsters at a base level. [br][br][quote]Are artists able to create custom shirts of dragons in lairs, and ship it off to the person who actually HAS that dragon in their lair but the artist also gains profit? For example, if user A wanted a t shirt of one of their dragons, and User B makes a design for it, posts it on RedBubble.com, sends the link to User A, asking them only to pay the RedBubble fee when purchasing their shirt, and therfore gaining "real life" currency. Would that be allowed?[/quote] Our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use][b]Terms of Use[/url][/b] expressly [b]prohibits use of third party print sites like Red Bubble.[/b] [indent][b]Under Art Sales Policy:[/b] [i]d. Artwork utilizing the Flight Rising IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.[/i][/indent] [br][br][quote]How does the staff determine multi accounting? I know of a lot of people who are IRL friends and play together, or parents and children (who live together), or other situations where you'd have people logging in on the same IP address. Is there an additional measure used to determine multi accounting so people don't have to worry if they're just friends who hang out or something? (I totally understand if you don't want to or can't say what additional measure or anything.)[/quote] There are a number of factors. We have a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=52][b]support article[/b][url] in our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki][b]Encyclopedia[/b][/url] on this subject. [br][br][quote]When/Why was the decision made to not use different art for the male and female hatchlings? Is this something that is going to come up in the future, or has the idea been abandoned?[/quote] The decision was made before Flight Rising went into alpha testing. There are two primary reasons we came to it: 1. Hatchlings age to dragons in five days. Because of this, we felt that it wasn't worth it to use two unique pieces of artwork for creatures that aged so quickly. 2. When we began development of Flight Rising, dragons had to be recolored completely by hand. Adding one additional piece of artwork per breed for all gene/color combinations amounted to an incredibly significant amount of extra work time. While we'll never say never, it is very unlikely we will reintroduce sex-specific hatchling art. [br][br][quote]any fun stories about choosing names for the colours (old or new) ?[/quote] It became quite difficult to come up with new names for colors without moving into a two-word system. In the end, we ended up with a lot of gemstone and food names: Undel was hungry when the colors where named. Fun fact: Aequorin wanted a yellow that looked like gouda cheese! Flaxen was the resulting color. :) [br][br][quote]I have a question about the color wheel expansion. If I put two dragons (that have color ranges including the new colors) on a nest before the new colors were released, and the nest hatches after they are released, would the hatchlings' colors be limited to the previous color wheel or would they have the chance to get the new colors?[/quote] The hatchlings you describe in this scenario would benefit from the expanded color wheel. Functionally, the game determines final hatchling colors/genes/breeds at the exact moment they are hatched, not when the eggs are laid. [br][br][quote]When does Swipp sleep??[/quote] We like to think Swipp takes a series of tiny naps throughout the day. A remarkably similar sleep pattern to the development team for the months leading up to and including Flight Rising's launch, heh.
Quote:
Where is the shade? we've seen nothing of it.

The Shade is currently dormant, but possesses some Sornieth monsters at a base level.

Quote:
Are artists able to create custom shirts of dragons in lairs, and ship it off to the person who actually HAS that dragon in their lair but the artist also gains profit?

For example, if user A wanted a t shirt of one of their dragons, and User B makes a design for it, posts it on RedBubble.com, sends the link to User A, asking them only to pay the RedBubble fee when purchasing their shirt, and therfore gaining "real life" currency.

Would that be allowed?

Our Terms of Use expressly prohibits use of third party print sites like Red Bubble.
Under Art Sales Policy:
d. Artwork utilizing the Flight Rising IP may not be added to third party, print-service stores. Example: shapeways, deviantart prints, redbubble, cafepress, zazzle, and similar entities.

Quote:
How does the staff determine multi accounting? I know of a lot of people who are IRL friends and play together, or parents and children (who live together), or other situations where you'd have people logging in on the same IP address. Is there an additional measure used to determine multi accounting so people don't have to worry if they're just friends who hang out or something? (I totally understand if you don't want to or can't say what additional measure or anything.)

There are a number of factors. We have a support article in our Encyclopedia on this subject.

Quote:
When/Why was the decision made to not use different art for the male and female hatchlings? Is this something that is going to come up in the future, or has the idea been abandoned?

The decision was made before Flight Rising went into alpha testing. There are two primary reasons we came to it:

1. Hatchlings age to dragons in five days. Because of this, we felt that it wasn't worth it to use two unique pieces of artwork for creatures that aged so quickly.
2. When we began development of Flight Rising, dragons had to be recolored completely by hand. Adding one additional piece of artwork per breed for all gene/color combinations amounted to an incredibly significant amount of extra work time.

While we'll never say never, it is very unlikely we will reintroduce sex-specific hatchling art.

Quote:
any fun stories about choosing names for the colours (old or new) ?

It became quite difficult to come up with new names for colors without moving into a two-word system. In the end, we ended up with a lot of gemstone and food names: Undel was hungry when the colors where named. Fun fact: Aequorin wanted a yellow that looked like gouda cheese! Flaxen was the resulting color. :)

Quote:

The hatchlings you describe in this scenario would benefit from the expanded color wheel. Functionally, the game determines final hatchling colors/genes/breeds at the exact moment they are hatched, not when the eggs are laid.

Quote:
When does Swipp sleep??

We like to think Swipp takes a series of tiny naps throughout the day. A remarkably similar sleep pattern to the development team for the months leading up to and including Flight Rising's launch, heh.
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but what dragon breeds are your guy's favorites?
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but what dragon breeds are your guy's favorites?
Ambushes for sale! (pinkerton keeps giving them to me). PM me and we can work out a price.

Must have many Enchanted Orca Necklacesssss
1 2 ... 264 265 266 267 268 ... 753 754