Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 189 190 191 192 193 ... 753 754
I've never done this before but I have do have a few questions XD

Have you guys every thought of adding a gender change scroll? It's kinda a weird idea but I had these two beautiful gen1 tundras that were gonna be a great pair... until I realized they were both female ^^'

Do you guys plan on adding a feature in the message section that allows you to message more than one person at the same time? I was trying to start a raffle with two other people and it was kinda hard to message both people what I wanted to say and keep everyone updated

I've never done this before but I have do have a few questions XD

Have you guys every thought of adding a gender change scroll? It's kinda a weird idea but I had these two beautiful gen1 tundras that were gonna be a great pair... until I realized they were both female ^^'

Do you guys plan on adding a feature in the message section that allows you to message more than one person at the same time? I was trying to start a raffle with two other people and it was kinda hard to message both people what I wanted to say and keep everyone updated

1313.png39dkph.gif
Missing Familiars..........Raffle!..........
[quote]On Male Tundras, is the paw in the background supposed to be a arm/hand or a leg/foot?[/quote] The official ruling from the artist who drew tundras: it's the back leg, though we certainly see how it could look like either with the location it's poking out from! [br][br] [quote]Why are Mirror dragons called Mirrors? There's nothing in their lore or in the Plaguebringer's lore that even hints at why this is.[/quote] The mirror dragon gets its name from the second set of eyes it possesses. A pair of two eyes set against a mirror becomes four! In its original sketch, the mirror dragons had more of their anatomy mirrored (dual tails, wings, front legs, etc) but this was later scrapped. The name stuck through to the final release. [br][br] [quote]So my question is this: Are you going to add them to the Credits page and/or make announcements when you bring on new people as staff or keep them on the down-low and just let it be a surprise? I mean, I know we don't really need to know, but it would be nice since coding/bugs/engineering in general is a big concern for a lot here.[/quote] Mutron is new to the community but not to the [i]Flight Rising[/i] team. Mutron is not a front-facing team member and will not be available for private messages or the forums, as they are not involved in community management. Their work is behind the scenes on infrastructure, so you're most likely to only see Mutron in the Site Status Box. [br][br] [quote]Will you announce the date of the colour wheel update, or will it be a surprise?[/quote] As a general rule, we don't provide ETAs, as any number of things can happen during a development cycle that could delay, push back, or indefinitely delay a new feature. With that said - because of the nature of this update, we will likely announce when the expanded color wheel will go live to allow players time to make or save breeding pairs to take advantage of the new color possibilities. [br][br] [quote]It's been quite a while since the last registration period--any plans for another one coming up? Or are we waiting for full open registration at this point?[/quote] Registration windows are scheduled when our engineers give us confirmation the site is in a healthy state to support an influx in registered players, web traffic, and player activity. When we schedule a window, we will announce it on our front page and social media with as much lead time as possible. [br][br] [quote]These structures on Guardian's rib cages, are they supposed to be highlighted ribs or are they gills? They are in the same location as the Tidelord's gills, and minus the gill webbing coming out of his, they look the same. Being the patron creator of Guardians, it would make sense. So are they ribs or gills?[/quote] On dragons not of the Water element, they are ribs. On Water dragons, they are gills. Though you can add additional gills to the neck through the first Wavecrest Saturnalia apparel! [br][br] [quote]Will the achievement be updated to mirror the growth of the site? and it that case, would they be posthumously awarded, or be entirely to gain yet?[/quote] Changes and updates to the Achievement system are a part of the ongoing site rewrite. It is likely one of the last pieces we'll move over, due to how many parts of the site it interacts with. At this time, we have no plans to add to the system until that section is rewritten.
Quote:
On Male Tundras, is the paw in the background supposed to be a arm/hand or a leg/foot?

The official ruling from the artist who drew tundras: it's the back leg, though we certainly see how it could look like either with the location it's poking out from!

Quote:
Why are Mirror dragons called Mirrors? There's nothing in their lore or in the Plaguebringer's lore that even hints at why this is.

The mirror dragon gets its name from the second set of eyes it possesses. A pair of two eyes set against a mirror becomes four! In its original sketch, the mirror dragons had more of their anatomy mirrored (dual tails, wings, front legs, etc) but this was later scrapped. The name stuck through to the final release.

Quote:
So my question is this: Are you going to add them to the Credits page and/or make announcements when you bring on new people as staff or keep them on the down-low and just let it be a surprise?

I mean, I know we don't really need to know, but it would be nice since coding/bugs/engineering in general is a big concern for a lot here.

Mutron is new to the community but not to the Flight Rising team. Mutron is not a front-facing team member and will not be available for private messages or the forums, as they are not involved in community management. Their work is behind the scenes on infrastructure, so you're most likely to only see Mutron in the Site Status Box.

Quote:
Will you announce the date of the colour wheel update, or will it be a surprise?

As a general rule, we don't provide ETAs, as any number of things can happen during a development cycle that could delay, push back, or indefinitely delay a new feature. With that said - because of the nature of this update, we will likely announce when the expanded color wheel will go live to allow players time to make or save breeding pairs to take advantage of the new color possibilities.

Quote:
It's been quite a while since the last registration period--any plans for another one coming up? Or are we waiting for full open registration at this point?

Registration windows are scheduled when our engineers give us confirmation the site is in a healthy state to support an influx in registered players, web traffic, and player activity. When we schedule a window, we will announce it on our front page and social media with as much lead time as possible.

Quote:
These structures on Guardian's rib cages, are they supposed to be highlighted ribs or are they gills? They are in the same location as the Tidelord's gills, and minus the gill webbing coming out of his, they look the same. Being the patron creator of Guardians, it would make sense. So are they ribs or gills?

On dragons not of the Water element, they are ribs. On Water dragons, they are gills. Though you can add additional gills to the neck through the first Wavecrest Saturnalia apparel!

Quote:
Will the achievement be updated to mirror the growth of the site? and it that case, would they be posthumously awarded, or be entirely to gain yet?

Changes and updates to the Achievement system are a part of the ongoing site rewrite. It is likely one of the last pieces we'll move over, due to how many parts of the site it interacts with. At this time, we have no plans to add to the system until that section is rewritten.
What is this 'Adventure Mode' I've heard of?
What is this 'Adventure Mode' I've heard of?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Two questions,

1, I noticed in the lorebook area of the encyclopedia, it says "The Eleven", will the deities be getting their own bios!?

2, Also, any updates on new dragon breeds? Apparently you guys planned to get two made this year (or at least that's what everyone says) and I'm always excited for more dragons!

Thanks!
Two questions,

1, I noticed in the lorebook area of the encyclopedia, it says "The Eleven", will the deities be getting their own bios!?

2, Also, any updates on new dragon breeds? Apparently you guys planned to get two made this year (or at least that's what everyone says) and I'm always excited for more dragons!

Thanks!
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
Was the Rogues gear the "sneaky" clue, or should we still be speculating about it?
Was the Rogues gear the "sneaky" clue, or should we still be speculating about it?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
[quote][quote] On Male Tundras, is the paw in the background supposed to be a arm/hand or a leg/foot?[/quote] The official ruling from the artist who drew tundras: it's the back leg, though we certainly see how it could look like either with the location it's poking out from![/quote] @Aequorin But the apparel for hand/front legs are put on that foot? Like Tenebrous here. He's doesn't have any back feet gear, but there's definitely steel toes on that mysterious background foot, which makes no sense if that's a back foot. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5967341] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/59674/5967341_350.png[/img] [/url]
Quote:
Quote:
On Male Tundras, is the paw in the background supposed to be a arm/hand or a leg/foot?

The official ruling from the artist who drew tundras: it's the back leg, though we certainly see how it could look like either with the location it's poking out from!

@Aequorin
But the apparel for hand/front legs are put on that foot?
Like Tenebrous here. He's doesn't have any back feet gear, but there's definitely steel toes on that mysterious background foot, which makes no sense if that's a back foot.

5967341_350.png
EIkP0.gifjmKlO.gif
^click the eggs/dragons!^
What is the design and creation process like for new Familiars? Do artists come to staff with sketches and ideas? Do the staff tell the artists what kind of creatures they are looking for? How long does it usually take from Idea Creation to Release? Can you show us any old drafts of Familiars that didn't make the cut?
What is the design and creation process like for new Familiars? Do artists come to staff with sketches and ideas? Do the staff tell the artists what kind of creatures they are looking for? How long does it usually take from Idea Creation to Release? Can you show us any old drafts of Familiars that didn't make the cut?
tumblr_o8bdqi2D0C1tddvg0o2_1280.png
Have you added in new achievements while you add in new things? As in, new genes achievement. Also, I have been seeing a Level 30 Gathering item, yet they don't show it in the achievement section.
Have you added in new achievements while you add in new things? As in, new genes achievement. Also, I have been seeing a Level 30 Gathering item, yet they don't show it in the achievement section.
ink%20copy_zpsrhwfdych.png
Were on the world map is the Trading post?
Were on the world map is the Trading post?
arcanist_by_masq_d-d8inv5f.png
Are there any plans to remove the stray pixels from the female imperials' art?
Are there any plans to remove the stray pixels from the female imperials' art?
Findlay.gifg4D9p86.png
1 2 ... 189 190 191 192 193 ... 753 754