Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | High School Deities
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 64 65
[quote name="Tanagwal" date="2014-12-18 17:47:16"]Okay, I read the title and honestly thought this was going to be Stormcatcher but with Icewarden's body or something like that[/quote] Oh god, same.
Tanagwal wrote on 2014-12-18 17:47:16:
Okay, I read the title and honestly thought this was going to be Stormcatcher but with Icewarden's body or something like that
Oh god, same.
afef61a686.png
@sugarfrost
Pinging you because headcanon and this is your thread.
@Steex
Pinging you because Arcanist Grandpappy.
@Skylinne
Pinging you because you asked for updates.
@20firebird
Pinging you because you asked for fanfics. This might be close enough to one.

I got a reason for Grandpappy knowing stuff. And how we got here. Tons of history. Tons of info. It's almost five in the morning. I haven't slept yet. BUT THIS IS SO IMPORTANT.

Prepare for a long read. I posted this on Tumblr because of it's length.
http://ayreri.tumblr.com/post/106600880001/the-history-of-adelbert-castor
@sugarfrost
Pinging you because headcanon and this is your thread.
@Steex
Pinging you because Arcanist Grandpappy.
@Skylinne
Pinging you because you asked for updates.
@20firebird
Pinging you because you asked for fanfics. This might be close enough to one.

I got a reason for Grandpappy knowing stuff. And how we got here. Tons of history. Tons of info. It's almost five in the morning. I haven't slept yet. BUT THIS IS SO IMPORTANT.

Prepare for a long read. I posted this on Tumblr because of it's length.
http://ayreri.tumblr.com/post/106600880001/the-history-of-adelbert-castor
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png
@Ayreria That. Was. [i]Beautiful.[/i] Asdjqdoasdasd I wanna write stuff too but I'm horrible at writing aaahhhh >:T I guess I'll stick to drawing :'D [b]EDIT[/b]: I did it. Did I nail Mather right? Btw I tagged ya on Tumblr :DD [b]EDIT 2[/b]: Added more red to the skin, collar and tank top color changed. [img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p50/Monica_YS/Flamecallerresize_zps89f36f71.png[/img]
@Ayreria

That. Was. Beautiful.
Asdjqdoasdasd I wanna write stuff too but I'm horrible at writing aaahhhh >:T

I guess I'll stick to drawing :'D

EDIT: I did it. Did I nail Mather right? Btw I tagged ya on Tumblr :DD
EDIT 2: Added more red to the skin, collar and tank top color changed.

Flamecallerresize_zps89f36f71.png
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex
Nice, nice :D

(Whoa art critic time) (I just woke up ahahaha)
Though I do note that I don't think Mather (in this AU at least) would go for a punkish fashion like a belted choker, nor would she wear black often since she's a fan of bright colors. The bun is great, though I'm having trouble of figuring out where the hair begins.
The tat is totally rad, though her skin looks kinda sickly.

Then again, I follow a more realistic art style, so I put more emphasis on rationality and reasoning. Not as fun when you're drawing for the joy of it all.
@Steex
Nice, nice :D

(Whoa art critic time) (I just woke up ahahaha)
Though I do note that I don't think Mather (in this AU at least) would go for a punkish fashion like a belted choker, nor would she wear black often since she's a fan of bright colors. The bun is great, though I'm having trouble of figuring out where the hair begins.
The tat is totally rad, though her skin looks kinda sickly.

Then again, I follow a more realistic art style, so I put more emphasis on rationality and reasoning. Not as fun when you're drawing for the joy of it all.
@Ayreria

I'll keep those in mind, thanks! Her skin is kinda yellow because she's part Asian and all--maybe it's the shading. Haven't done cell shading in so long XD

Maybe I'll change the tank color to something else. Red? Orange? Yellow? Idk.

Gonna do Lord Fuzzylegs next (9OwO)9
@Ayreria

I'll keep those in mind, thanks! Her skin is kinda yellow because she's part Asian and all--maybe it's the shading. Haven't done cell shading in so long XD

Maybe I'll change the tank color to something else. Red? Orange? Yellow? Idk.

Gonna do Lord Fuzzylegs next (9OwO)9
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
@Steex
If she dyed the tips of her hair red, then she's probably wear green a lot (like lime or something. She's very daring with her colors.) She'd probably wear orange if she wants to go with analogous colors.

Draw him with as much disappointment as you could possibly fit in there.
@Steex
If she dyed the tips of her hair red, then she's probably wear green a lot (like lime or something. She's very daring with her colors.) She'd probably wear orange if she wants to go with analogous colors.

Draw him with as much disappointment as you could possibly fit in there.
@Ayreria Fixed Mather a bit on her skin and collar+top colors. I can't do realistic so I gave up on that entirely, but I s2g I tried o/ [img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p50/Monica_YS/Icewardenresize_zpsec1824b9.png[/img]
@Ayreria

Fixed Mather a bit on her skin and collar+top colors.
I can't do realistic so I gave up on that entirely, but I s2g I tried o/

Icewardenresize_zpsec1824b9.png
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
Artistic Capabilities and Handwriting Legibility of the Deities

Windsinger can't even draw a stick figure, but he has one of the prettiest handwriting. Very curly and thin. He finds painting to be super fun, though, as said, he's terrible. While his skill may be lacking, it doesn't suppress his enthusiasm!PAINT WITH ALL THE COLORS

Tidelord is good at blending colors and prefers to draw without lines. His paintings are usually very abstract. His favorite medium are watercolors. His handwriting is pretty hard to read, but it's legible enough.

Flamecaller can't really draw anything but weapons, unfortunately. If you give her paint, she'll probably end up with a mess of rainbows. She knows how to do calligraphy, though. Her handwriting usually consists of broad strokes and large letters.

Earthshaker can draw both people and objects very well but he takes a very long time to finish a picture. He prefers using charcoal and/or graphite. His handwriting is neat and blocky.

Stormcatcher can draw inanimate objects perfectly fine as long there are minimal curves, like machines or buildings. He draws often thanks to blueprints. He can't really draw nature-y things like trees, though, and struggles with people and animals. He has very neat printing, but his natural handwriting is all over the place.

Lightweaver pretty much only writes in cursive. She sometimes does sketches of objects and people, but they're never finished. Her idea of art is glueing tons of glitter on paper, though she's the most appreciative of classics.

Shadowbinder is pretty good at mimicking the handwriting of others. She doesn't really remember her own natural handwriting, so she usually does something similar to Lightweaver's. She can handle charcoal pretty well.

Icewarden
is the most artistically gifted. Nature, people, animals, whatever, and he can draw it with pretty much any medium (he doesn't really like charcoal, though). He also is an amazing sculptor, whether it's with stone, clay, or ice. For someone so distant, he's a total showoff with his masterpieces. He makes no effort in hiding them.

Gladekeeper writes with super curly letters and her s letters are kinda tilted (man I hate those kinds). She's really good at drawing environments and backgrounds, but buildings and stuff are tough. She personally loves using prismacolors.

Plaguebringer writes like doctor. She honestly isn't a huge fan of art, but her people and animals are quite decent.

Arcanist keeps notebooks full of drawings of mythical creatures. Fairies, pegasi, manticore, dragons, whatever. Can't draw people, though. His handwriting is basically chickenscratch only he and his teachers can read.
Artistic Capabilities and Handwriting Legibility of the Deities

Windsinger can't even draw a stick figure, but he has one of the prettiest handwriting. Very curly and thin. He finds painting to be super fun, though, as said, he's terrible. While his skill may be lacking, it doesn't suppress his enthusiasm!PAINT WITH ALL THE COLORS

Tidelord is good at blending colors and prefers to draw without lines. His paintings are usually very abstract. His favorite medium are watercolors. His handwriting is pretty hard to read, but it's legible enough.

Flamecaller can't really draw anything but weapons, unfortunately. If you give her paint, she'll probably end up with a mess of rainbows. She knows how to do calligraphy, though. Her handwriting usually consists of broad strokes and large letters.

Earthshaker can draw both people and objects very well but he takes a very long time to finish a picture. He prefers using charcoal and/or graphite. His handwriting is neat and blocky.

Stormcatcher can draw inanimate objects perfectly fine as long there are minimal curves, like machines or buildings. He draws often thanks to blueprints. He can't really draw nature-y things like trees, though, and struggles with people and animals. He has very neat printing, but his natural handwriting is all over the place.

Lightweaver pretty much only writes in cursive. She sometimes does sketches of objects and people, but they're never finished. Her idea of art is glueing tons of glitter on paper, though she's the most appreciative of classics.

Shadowbinder is pretty good at mimicking the handwriting of others. She doesn't really remember her own natural handwriting, so she usually does something similar to Lightweaver's. She can handle charcoal pretty well.

Icewarden
is the most artistically gifted. Nature, people, animals, whatever, and he can draw it with pretty much any medium (he doesn't really like charcoal, though). He also is an amazing sculptor, whether it's with stone, clay, or ice. For someone so distant, he's a total showoff with his masterpieces. He makes no effort in hiding them.

Gladekeeper writes with super curly letters and her s letters are kinda tilted (man I hate those kinds). She's really good at drawing environments and backgrounds, but buildings and stuff are tough. She personally loves using prismacolors.

Plaguebringer writes like doctor. She honestly isn't a huge fan of art, but her people and animals are quite decent.

Arcanist keeps notebooks full of drawings of mythical creatures. Fairies, pegasi, manticore, dragons, whatever. Can't draw people, though. His handwriting is basically chickenscratch only he and his teachers can read.
@Steex
Now she looks healthier :D Hooray!

Yay, maximum disappointment!
It's nice to know we both have the same idea of noses for him.
@Steex
Now she looks healthier :D Hooray!

Yay, maximum disappointment!
It's nice to know we both have the same idea of noses for him.
@Ayreria

Frigid nose for a seemingly frigid person :D and yay for healthy Mather!
Lord Fuzzylegs is one of those people you barely know anything about but is actually chock-loaded with talents and stuff. So hard to get to know, if at all XP

Btw since this is modern AU (set in America no less) do the deities have actual human names, or do they just stick with their dragon names? I mean if it's the former coming up with fitting names is going to be hella hard but the latter would mean that either their parents are terrible at naming their child(ren) or people are just super chill with Names To Run Away From Really Fast being used casually.

Next up on the fanart aisle is either Tidepotato or Glittermom (~=w=)~
@Ayreria

Frigid nose for a seemingly frigid person :D and yay for healthy Mather!
Lord Fuzzylegs is one of those people you barely know anything about but is actually chock-loaded with talents and stuff. So hard to get to know, if at all XP

Btw since this is modern AU (set in America no less) do the deities have actual human names, or do they just stick with their dragon names? I mean if it's the former coming up with fitting names is going to be hella hard but the latter would mean that either their parents are terrible at naming their child(ren) or people are just super chill with Names To Run Away From Really Fast being used casually.

Next up on the fanart aisle is either Tidepotato or Glittermom (~=w=)~
aOqSjGa.gif7JsaWoU.png
5SqCfGJ.gif6YB2w91.png
zDb04lN.gifQcIeheH.png
Ekb7dXv.png8DRC6Y6.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 64 65