Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Discussion] Double Down: Season 3 [D2]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 54 55
Double Down: Season 3

"Thank you for meeting me, Jay."

"It's not a problem -- you're the one who let me take up this project."

"About that... I don't think it's going to succeed."

"Say what you will. I've calculated the probabilities and margins of success. Your project is the highest."

"You barely got the bare number of participants. You lost a shareholder to participating. I don't think it's going to work."

Lia went quiet, before she spoke up. "I know. But there's a lot more behind this than first meets the eye."

She slipped a business card on the table. "It's not much to go on, but I do know you're smart. I've got to run the show now."

[Opening plays]

"Hello and welcome to Double Down! This is the third season, and we've got 9 contestants here today! They're going to play a simple game today: a game of mafia. They've gotten their role cards, and today, they will vote for the traitors in their midst."

"Without further ado, let the discussion begin!"
Double Down: Season 3

"Thank you for meeting me, Jay."

"It's not a problem -- you're the one who let me take up this project."

"About that... I don't think it's going to succeed."

"Say what you will. I've calculated the probabilities and margins of success. Your project is the highest."

"You barely got the bare number of participants. You lost a shareholder to participating. I don't think it's going to work."

Lia went quiet, before she spoke up. "I know. But there's a lot more behind this than first meets the eye."

She slipped a business card on the table. "It's not much to go on, but I do know you're smart. I've got to run the show now."

[Opening plays]

"Hello and welcome to Double Down! This is the third season, and we've got 9 contestants here today! They're going to play a simple game today: a game of mafia. They've gotten their role cards, and today, they will vote for the traitors in their midst."

"Without further ado, let the discussion begin!"
2rHLxZD.png
[center][b][size=7]Rules[/size][/b][/center] [b][size=5]General[/size][/b] [list] [*]The game will start when slots are filled. [*]This is a non-rp, role madness, semi-open setup. Please expect the game to be an unbalanced mess. Clarification: Complete list of roles will be available in the discussion thread. I will neither confirm nor deny if those roles are present in the game. [*]This game will run on a 45/3 cycle. 45 hour days and 3 hour lockdowns. [*]The general rules of mafia apply here. No out of thread communication. No sharing of spreadsheets. No copy and pasting rolecards and/or private communications with mods. [*]This game won't have quirks. I don't feel like adding them. [*]When in doubt, follow the spirit of the rules. [/list] [size=5][b]Activity[/b][/size] [list] [*]Do not join this game if you do not have the time. [*]Players are required to post once per 24 hours in the discussion thread. Quicktopics do not count towards this. [*]Failure will result in roleblocking and then replacement/modkill. [/list]
Rules

General
  • The game will start when slots are filled.
  • This is a non-rp, role madness, semi-open setup. Please expect the game to be an unbalanced mess. Clarification: Complete list of roles will be available in the discussion thread. I will neither confirm nor deny if those roles are present in the game.
  • This game will run on a 45/3 cycle. 45 hour days and 3 hour lockdowns.
  • The general rules of mafia apply here. No out of thread communication. No sharing of spreadsheets. No copy and pasting rolecards and/or private communications with mods.
  • This game won't have quirks. I don't feel like adding them.
  • When in doubt, follow the spirit of the rules.

Activity
  • Do not join this game if you do not have the time.
  • Players are required to post once per 24 hours in the discussion thread. Quicktopics do not count towards this.
  • Failure will result in roleblocking and then replacement/modkill.
2rHLxZD.png
Players:

1. thatonespeedster (Paranoid Cop, Town, Modkilled D1)
  2. NekoNikki
  3. abyssum
  4. Leremis
  5. Yatagarasu (Firo & Varikset)
  6. Catastrophic Duo(StormDreamer & Winterreise)(Sharp Escapist, Town, Lynched D1)
  7. Oricole
  8. LibreNoctre(Secret Attraction, Town, Killed D1)
  9. luxmold Limelight(Magical Girl, Town, Lynched D2)
  10. starrynite
Players:

1. thatonespeedster (Paranoid Cop, Town, Modkilled D1)
  2. NekoNikki
  3. abyssum
  4. Leremis
  5. Yatagarasu (Firo & Varikset)
  6. Catastrophic Duo(StormDreamer & Winterreise)(Sharp Escapist, Town, Lynched D1)
  7. Oricole
  8. LibreNoctre(Secret Attraction, Town, Killed D1)
  9. luxmold Limelight(Magical Girl, Town, Lynched D2)
  10. starrynite
2rHLxZD.png
2rHLxZD.png
Role List
  1. Innocent
  2. Medium
  3. Lookout
  4. Hunter
  5. Serial Killer
  6. Follower
  7. Blackmail
  8. Vigilante
  9. Cop
  10. Motion Detect
  11. PGO
  12. Lightning Rod
  13. Restless Spirit
  14. Copycat
  15. JOAT
  16. Treestump
  17. Neighborizer
  18. Spy
  19. Stalker
  20. Night Immunity
  21. Rolestopper
  22. Retributionist
  23. Ninja
  24. Godfather
  25. Witch
  26. Absorber
  27. Magician
  28. Busdriver
Role List
  1. Innocent
  2. Medium
  3. Lookout
  4. Hunter
  5. Serial Killer
  6. Follower
  7. Blackmail
  8. Vigilante
  9. Cop
  10. Motion Detect
  11. PGO
  12. Lightning Rod
  13. Restless Spirit
  14. Copycat
  15. JOAT
  16. Treestump
  17. Neighborizer
  18. Spy
  19. Stalker
  20. Night Immunity
  21. Rolestopper
  22. Retributionist
  23. Ninja
  24. Godfather
  25. Witch
  26. Absorber
  27. Magician
  28. Busdriver
2rHLxZD.png
Res
Res
2rHLxZD.png
@thatonespeedster @NekoNikki @abyssum @Leremis Yatagarasu (@Firo & @Varikset) Catastrophic Duo (@StormDreamer & @Winterreise) @Oricole @LibreNoctre @luxmold @starrynite @Journey
Start of Day One

The 12 players - 4 sitting closely with a partner - strode on stage, and sat down in the provided cushions. Each were equipped with microphones, and they immediately launched into discussion.

"Oh? It looks like we have a surprise guest! Please welcome our last minute entry starrynite!"

The player waved, before returning back to discussion.

"Now that we have the 10 ready; they'll be looking for the traitor to boot out tonight! As a reminder, some of them have special abilities that affect others, and some do not!"

The announcer took a deep breath. "Now let's play.... DOUBLE DOWN!"
Quote:
Day One has begun! You have until 18 FRT to vote for a lynch target and send in your actions. If lockdown ends early, the extra hours are added to the day.
@thatonespeedster @NekoNikki @abyssum @Leremis Yatagarasu (@Firo & @Varikset) Catastrophic Duo (@StormDreamer & @Winterreise) @Oricole @LibreNoctre @luxmold @starrynite @Journey
Start of Day One

The 12 players - 4 sitting closely with a partner - strode on stage, and sat down in the provided cushions. Each were equipped with microphones, and they immediately launched into discussion.

"Oh? It looks like we have a surprise guest! Please welcome our last minute entry starrynite!"

The player waved, before returning back to discussion.

"Now that we have the 10 ready; they'll be looking for the traitor to boot out tonight! As a reminder, some of them have special abilities that affect others, and some do not!"

The announcer took a deep breath. "Now let's play.... DOUBLE DOWN!"
Quote:
Day One has begun! You have until 18 FRT to vote for a lynch target and send in your actions. If lockdown ends early, the extra hours are added to the day.
2rHLxZD.png
Accidentally first lmao
Accidentally first lmao
Also I100% was going to make a meme post for y’all but instead I’m gonna drop some basic answers to basic questions as I don’t like questionairre since not much can be gleaned from them anyway. At least in my personal opinion.

I know a good amount of the people here! No idea who some of you are although I imagine I've talked to some of you before on discord at least. I haven’t played mafia on fr in a while tho so I’ve forgotten most people’s meta, not that I liked using it anyway.

Call me Lux, she/her pronouns thanks! If you tell me your pronouns I’ll remember to use them or just default to they/them.

As always, I look forward to playing with you all!

Also I100% was going to make a meme post for y’all but instead I’m gonna drop some basic answers to basic questions as I don’t like questionairre since not much can be gleaned from them anyway. At least in my personal opinion.

I know a good amount of the people here! No idea who some of you are although I imagine I've talked to some of you before on discord at least. I haven’t played mafia on fr in a while tho so I’ve forgotten most people’s meta, not that I liked using it anyway.

Call me Lux, she/her pronouns thanks! If you tell me your pronouns I’ll remember to use them or just default to they/them.

As always, I look forward to playing with you all!

Hey there, I'm Heather/NekoNikki for anybody who doesn't know me. Pronouns are she/her. (They/them is fine)Timezone is FR+3/EST. Got nothing else to include in an intro.

I probably won't get too into the game until tomorrow, because right now it's 2:00 AM and all I wanna do is curl under a blanket because my dorm is freezing but I at least wanted to say hey.
Hey there, I'm Heather/NekoNikki for anybody who doesn't know me. Pronouns are she/her. (They/them is fine)Timezone is FR+3/EST. Got nothing else to include in an intro.

I probably won't get too into the game until tomorrow, because right now it's 2:00 AM and all I wanna do is curl under a blanket because my dorm is freezing but I at least wanted to say hey.
alWiqh6.png
Heather|Any Pronoun|FRT+3 (EST)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 54 55