Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [The Tarot Shop] Discussion Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50

This is the main thread for discussion.

This is the main thread for discussion.
HJ96ihU.pngGSD8hcq.pngMm9DGm5.png
Moderators: @Moonwater @Beheaded @Limelight

Players: @Fil @StormDreamer @Gwendolyn @ClockworkEclipse @CinnabarCobra @luxmold @VivaFariy @Rosetta248 @KathiraNarae @LibreNoctre @TheNightDancer @Kapara @DuskyChangeling @LunarMadness @Cognitive

Replacements: @Wint*erreise @xspideray @CrystalClaw @MagykalWagykal @Alphadragon @blanketgender

Spectators: @Valgami @Leopardmask @Alphadragon @Rangiku @SilverWinter @Leremis @WaterWolf600

Day One

Nessie surveys the frightened faces with a pleased look on her face. Then, she scans her surroundings, and waves her hand again. This time, the teacher’s body vanishes, along with the potion ingredients and the black statue that Nessie came from.

The being then locates a box of chocolates on the ground, and grabs them. She immediately begins eating a coconut-covered chocolate ball.

“So,” she says, her mouth full, “some background about me. It’s not fun if people are terrified—mmm, this chocolate is good—of me if they don’t even know who I am. A long, long, long time ago, I was a trickster goddess of magic. Now, I’m still a trickster goddess of magic. Or am I? I don’t know, you can’t really trust me. I love lying! Was that a lie? You’ll never know.”

She pops another chocolate ball into her mouth, and continues talking. “Once, I blasted a crater into the ground, and filled it with water. The humans back then were in awe of my power, and named it after me. Lake Loch. I tried to make them call it Lake Nessie, but they didn’t, which offended me deeply. I tried to curse them by unleashing a monster on them, but something went wrong when I created the Loch Ness Monster. I’ve never been good at creation magic, and it came out really shy and wouldn’t attack the humans. I’ve been waiting for vengeance for thousands of years. Or… I don’t remember. Time passes weirdly when you’re in a statue.”

She smiles brightly at you. “Sorry, I don’t think I’ve recovered my mental faculties enough yet. Being bored for so long does things to your mind. Anyways! About the game. We’re going to play mafia. And you’re going to kill each other. This is how it’s going to work.”

Nessie snaps her fingers, and three beings pop into existence beside her. The first is what appears to be a small ball of light: only upon further inspection, you realize it’s a tiny fairy, clutching a lustrous pearl to her chest. The second appears to be a human, although he has a demonic smile on his face. The third, you think is a human child, until she shakes her hair and you notice that her ears are pointed.

“These are my proxies.” Nessie announces. “I prefer to interact with you as little as possible during the following game. I want to be entertained. So I’m going to watch you, and my proxies will serve as the moderators of this game. They’ll make sure it’s interesting for me. Oooh, this is a nice deck of Tarot Cards.”

From a shelf on the side, Nessie picks up a deck of Tarot Cards with red backs. They have red backs. She shares a glance with the fairy, before setting them down.

“Take it away, Godmod,” she says, flapping her hand at the fairy. “I’m going to go now.”

The tiny fairy nods, and Nessie twirls once, dissolving into black smoke. She leaves the faint smell of iron and chocolates as she floats away.

“Hello, players!” The fairy chirps, fluttering forwards. “I am Moonwater, your Godmod. I’m sure some of you have played mafia games before. Some of you may have even played other item-finding games, such as Danganronpa and The Doll Factory. So, I’m sure you all must be wondering: where are your role cards?”

Godmod’s smile grows sharklike. “You won’t have any.

She waits for a few moments, until the babble of confused voices dies away.

“In this game, you’re going to be the ones to get your role. We’re not assigning them.” She nods at Spookmod, who brings forward the deck of red-backed cards. She hands him her pearl for a few moments, and picks up the cards. An amazing feat, considering that she is smaller than them.

“Traditionally, Tarot decks are made of 56 minor arcana cards, and 22 major arcana cards. 15 out of the 22 will serve as your role cards. Find one, and you will claim that role as yours. Once you have claimed a role, you won’t be able to see the other role cards. The other 7 are special cards, and you’ll still be able to see those.”

Godmod hands a small stack of cards to Fruitmod. The elf child smiles, before blowing on the cards gently. They glitter, and fade out of sight.

“The rest of the cards we’ll keep for later, to spice things up if Nessie gets bored. For now, your priority is to find your roles.”

Behind Godmod, Spookmod nods, taking the remaining cards from her hands and giving Godmod’s pearl back.

“Some advice. It may not be prudent to try and guess someone’s alignment based on the card they find. All Tarot Cards have a positive and negative aspects, a light side and a dark side. We might not be so literal with picking alignments for cards. It would also be a good idea not to tell others what your card is. We’ll be using them to write flavor text, so you may get… found out. I’ll also advise you to keep your card on your person at all times… because reasons.”

Godmod giggles. “And now, a word of caution! This is an ancient house, full of magics and secrets. The more you search, the more you will uncover. Not everything is exactly as it seems. There are consequences to all actions, including death, destruction, communications with the underworld, heavens, and earth, possible screams of agony, problems unforeseen in the cards, and maybe a sacrifice or two. Be careful where you step."

The fairy’s grins again. This time, you’re almost certain her teeth are pointed. “Have fun! We’ll check in at sundown.”

With that, the three mods vanish amidst a cloud of purple smoke. You cough, waving away the smoke from your face. What is up with the mods and their love of theatrics?

After successfully clearing your lungs, you find a key in your hand. On it, in tiny engraving is the word “bedroom”, and a number next to it. Aside from this, you only have the clothes on your body.

It’s rotten luck, but it looks like you’ll need to play the game if you want any chance of leaving this house.

The game has begun. It is Day One. Night One will begin on FR time January 17, 20:00. You may begin posting in the forums. Links to the threads can be found on the spreadsheet.

For the first 24 hours of the game, you may not use your QuickTopic except to ask questions and submit kill plans. Any actions performed in the QT will be ignored during this period. On FR time January 16, 20:00, this QT ban will be lifted.

You begin the game with the key to your bedroom, and the clothes you are wearing: sneakers, socks, jeans, underwear, and a plain t-shirt.
Moderators: @Moonwater @Beheaded @Limelight

Players: @Fil @StormDreamer @Gwendolyn @ClockworkEclipse @CinnabarCobra @luxmold @VivaFariy @Rosetta248 @KathiraNarae @LibreNoctre @TheNightDancer @Kapara @DuskyChangeling @LunarMadness @Cognitive

Replacements: @Wint*erreise @xspideray @CrystalClaw @MagykalWagykal @Alphadragon @blanketgender

Spectators: @Valgami @Leopardmask @Alphadragon @Rangiku @SilverWinter @Leremis @WaterWolf600

Day One

Nessie surveys the frightened faces with a pleased look on her face. Then, she scans her surroundings, and waves her hand again. This time, the teacher’s body vanishes, along with the potion ingredients and the black statue that Nessie came from.

The being then locates a box of chocolates on the ground, and grabs them. She immediately begins eating a coconut-covered chocolate ball.

“So,” she says, her mouth full, “some background about me. It’s not fun if people are terrified—mmm, this chocolate is good—of me if they don’t even know who I am. A long, long, long time ago, I was a trickster goddess of magic. Now, I’m still a trickster goddess of magic. Or am I? I don’t know, you can’t really trust me. I love lying! Was that a lie? You’ll never know.”

She pops another chocolate ball into her mouth, and continues talking. “Once, I blasted a crater into the ground, and filled it with water. The humans back then were in awe of my power, and named it after me. Lake Loch. I tried to make them call it Lake Nessie, but they didn’t, which offended me deeply. I tried to curse them by unleashing a monster on them, but something went wrong when I created the Loch Ness Monster. I’ve never been good at creation magic, and it came out really shy and wouldn’t attack the humans. I’ve been waiting for vengeance for thousands of years. Or… I don’t remember. Time passes weirdly when you’re in a statue.”

She smiles brightly at you. “Sorry, I don’t think I’ve recovered my mental faculties enough yet. Being bored for so long does things to your mind. Anyways! About the game. We’re going to play mafia. And you’re going to kill each other. This is how it’s going to work.”

Nessie snaps her fingers, and three beings pop into existence beside her. The first is what appears to be a small ball of light: only upon further inspection, you realize it’s a tiny fairy, clutching a lustrous pearl to her chest. The second appears to be a human, although he has a demonic smile on his face. The third, you think is a human child, until she shakes her hair and you notice that her ears are pointed.

“These are my proxies.” Nessie announces. “I prefer to interact with you as little as possible during the following game. I want to be entertained. So I’m going to watch you, and my proxies will serve as the moderators of this game. They’ll make sure it’s interesting for me. Oooh, this is a nice deck of Tarot Cards.”

From a shelf on the side, Nessie picks up a deck of Tarot Cards with red backs. They have red backs. She shares a glance with the fairy, before setting them down.

“Take it away, Godmod,” she says, flapping her hand at the fairy. “I’m going to go now.”

The tiny fairy nods, and Nessie twirls once, dissolving into black smoke. She leaves the faint smell of iron and chocolates as she floats away.

“Hello, players!” The fairy chirps, fluttering forwards. “I am Moonwater, your Godmod. I’m sure some of you have played mafia games before. Some of you may have even played other item-finding games, such as Danganronpa and The Doll Factory. So, I’m sure you all must be wondering: where are your role cards?”

Godmod’s smile grows sharklike. “You won’t have any.

She waits for a few moments, until the babble of confused voices dies away.

“In this game, you’re going to be the ones to get your role. We’re not assigning them.” She nods at Spookmod, who brings forward the deck of red-backed cards. She hands him her pearl for a few moments, and picks up the cards. An amazing feat, considering that she is smaller than them.

“Traditionally, Tarot decks are made of 56 minor arcana cards, and 22 major arcana cards. 15 out of the 22 will serve as your role cards. Find one, and you will claim that role as yours. Once you have claimed a role, you won’t be able to see the other role cards. The other 7 are special cards, and you’ll still be able to see those.”

Godmod hands a small stack of cards to Fruitmod. The elf child smiles, before blowing on the cards gently. They glitter, and fade out of sight.

“The rest of the cards we’ll keep for later, to spice things up if Nessie gets bored. For now, your priority is to find your roles.”

Behind Godmod, Spookmod nods, taking the remaining cards from her hands and giving Godmod’s pearl back.

“Some advice. It may not be prudent to try and guess someone’s alignment based on the card they find. All Tarot Cards have a positive and negative aspects, a light side and a dark side. We might not be so literal with picking alignments for cards. It would also be a good idea not to tell others what your card is. We’ll be using them to write flavor text, so you may get… found out. I’ll also advise you to keep your card on your person at all times… because reasons.”

Godmod giggles. “And now, a word of caution! This is an ancient house, full of magics and secrets. The more you search, the more you will uncover. Not everything is exactly as it seems. There are consequences to all actions, including death, destruction, communications with the underworld, heavens, and earth, possible screams of agony, problems unforeseen in the cards, and maybe a sacrifice or two. Be careful where you step."

The fairy’s grins again. This time, you’re almost certain her teeth are pointed. “Have fun! We’ll check in at sundown.”

With that, the three mods vanish amidst a cloud of purple smoke. You cough, waving away the smoke from your face. What is up with the mods and their love of theatrics?

After successfully clearing your lungs, you find a key in your hand. On it, in tiny engraving is the word “bedroom”, and a number next to it. Aside from this, you only have the clothes on your body.

It’s rotten luck, but it looks like you’ll need to play the game if you want any chance of leaving this house.

The game has begun. It is Day One. Night One will begin on FR time January 17, 20:00. You may begin posting in the forums. Links to the threads can be found on the spreadsheet.

For the first 24 hours of the game, you may not use your QuickTopic except to ask questions and submit kill plans. Any actions performed in the QT will be ignored during this period. On FR time January 16, 20:00, this QT ban will be lifted.

You begin the game with the key to your bedroom, and the clothes you are wearing: sneakers, socks, jeans, underwear, and a plain t-shirt.
I guess it's time to get started then. I don't know about anyone else but I'm going to go find my card.

I decide to go check out my bedroom
I guess it's time to get started then. I don't know about anyone else but I'm going to go find my card.

I decide to go check out my bedroom
tumblr_mbrfv16TZj1r9y3da.gif
There is a bedroom thread, click the link at the top.
@Rosetta248
There is a bedroom thread, click the link at the top.
@Rosetta248
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
@Fil @DuskyChangeling @KathiraNarae @LibreNoctre and all other active players

Beheaded has gone offline, and I am about to become busy. Please expect all replies to slow down.

Reminder to continue checking the mod activity spreadsheet to make sure the mod you are pinging is online.
@Fil @DuskyChangeling @KathiraNarae @LibreNoctre and all other active players

Beheaded has gone offline, and I am about to become busy. Please expect all replies to slow down.

Reminder to continue checking the mod activity spreadsheet to make sure the mod you are pinging is online.
Perfect timing. I'll be just on YouTube for a bit. I'm getting a bit stressed.
Perfect timing. I'll be just on YouTube for a bit. I'm getting a bit stressed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
Any players active?

Have anybody noticed the abundance of weapons? It's bizarre. There a bow and a quiver of arrows in the study, a sword and a shotgun in the shop front, a sword in the kitchen, and a pistol in the dining room. The most likely reason is probably it's the doing of the trickster spirit and placed it there but why there. Obviously because they expected us to kill each other, but should we heed their words? Should we follow their expectations? I vote not!

Still, the abundance is bizarre.
Any players active?

Have anybody noticed the abundance of weapons? It's bizarre. There a bow and a quiver of arrows in the study, a sword and a shotgun in the shop front, a sword in the kitchen, and a pistol in the dining room. The most likely reason is probably it's the doing of the trickster spirit and placed it there but why there. Obviously because they expected us to kill each other, but should we heed their words? Should we follow their expectations? I vote not!

Still, the abundance is bizarre.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
Sorry, I haven't done a lot of searching and item-grabbing yet. I've had a pretty bad day. Hopefully I can focus on this game more on other days...but I think it'll have to wait until later in the week. It's going to be a tough week for me.
Sorry, I haven't done a lot of searching and item-grabbing yet. I've had a pretty bad day. Hopefully I can focus on this game more on other days...but I think it'll have to wait until later in the week. It's going to be a tough week for me.
Until you test your wings, you'll never know how far you'll fly or how high you'll soar.
So spread your wings, it's time to fly. Make the leap, own the sky.
You may not know where you're going, and that's okay. As long as you spread your wings, the wind will carry you at least part of the way.
The time though is today.
It's time to fly.
She/Her, 18, INFJ, PST (FRT+0).
L E T S L I C K E V E R Y T H I N G .
L E T S L I C K E V E R Y T H I N G .
jghAv2V.png
Man... I wanted that chocolate..... :'(

proceeds to look upwards, scanning the the area above
Man... I wanted that chocolate..... :'(

proceeds to look upwards, scanning the the area above
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50