Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Help Wanted - WaveSat CYOA - DONE
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 63 64
[MAGW1]

Axton gaped at Fred's immense nose for just a moment too long; the ridgeback's expression hardened a bit at the coatl's lack of manners. Axton panicked, and thrust the bag of treasure forward. His feathers fluffed up, betraying his rising anxiety.

"Are you certain that this treasure will not suffice instead, sir?" Axton asked.

B: Attempt to bribe Fred with the 1000t you were given
[MAGW1]

Axton gaped at Fred's immense nose for just a moment too long; the ridgeback's expression hardened a bit at the coatl's lack of manners. Axton panicked, and thrust the bag of treasure forward. His feathers fluffed up, betraying his rising anxiety.

"Are you certain that this treasure will not suffice instead, sir?" Axton asked.

[MAGDPY]

Manya sighs in frustration! One task failed! Maybe she will have better luck with ....

A: Retrieve the rune scroll
[MAGDPY]

Manya sighs in frustration! One task failed! Maybe she will have better luck with ....

A: Retrieve the rune scroll
AKXYxdj.gifGxTXuYu.pngNwgp8Od.gif6kY5vBB.gifZGlxXSa.gif80c6rTe.png
Figuring she was looking for a rune scroll, Manya decides to

B: Approach the rune draw booth
Figuring she was looking for a rune scroll, Manya decides to

B: Approach the rune draw booth
AKXYxdj.gifGxTXuYu.pngNwgp8Od.gif6kY5vBB.gifZGlxXSa.gif80c6rTe.png
[b][MAGRRY][/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3455] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/35/3455_350.png[/img] [/url] Oh, it wasn't with the rune diviner? Looked like his hunch was wrong. Oh well, at least he managed to get the scroll in the end. Still, that left two items to get. But what should he pick? The water was an interesting choice, that was for sure, but the circular dish seemed like it would be the simpler of the two. There were stores in the area, weren't there? Meanwhile, he had never really heard of the special purifying water before. And he had to know more. Come to think of it, wouldn't it be a real letdown if he went to get the water then found out that he still had to get the dish before he could use it to scry? The impatience might kill him. Zamza thought that getting the dish would be the better option. That way, he could (hopefully) see what the water was for almost as soon as he got it! [b](A: Let's locate the perfectly circular dish) [MAGD1] [/b] The bazaar was full of items and goods! Statues, materials, food... Surely the imperial wouldn't mind if he picked out a few things for himself and to bring back to his clan, with his own treasure, of course. He could use some more blank runestones... As he was walking away from a bakery with a muffin in hand, he spotted a dragon twirling plates! He had never really seen anything like it before. He went over for a closer look. How did it work? As he approached, he couldn't help but notice that the plates were really round... Oh, he was supposed to be looking for those, wasn't he? Perhaps he should ask after finishing his muffin. [b](B: Hey, the plates that entertainer is using sure seem pretty circular... )[/b]
[MAGRRY]

3455_350.png

Oh, it wasn't with the rune diviner? Looked like his hunch was wrong. Oh well, at least he managed to get the scroll in the end.

Still, that left two items to get. But what should he pick? The water was an interesting choice, that was for sure, but the circular dish seemed like it would be the simpler of the two. There were stores in the area, weren't there?

Meanwhile, he had never really heard of the special purifying water before. And he had to know more.

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be a real letdown if he went to get the water then found out that he still had to get the dish before he could use it to scry?

The impatience might kill him.

Zamza thought that getting the dish would be the better option. That way, he could (hopefully) see what the water was for almost as soon as he got it!

(A: Let's locate the perfectly circular dish)

[MAGD1]

The bazaar was full of items and goods! Statues, materials, food... Surely the imperial wouldn't mind if he picked out a few things for himself and to bring back to his clan, with his own treasure, of course. He could use some more blank runestones...

As he was walking away from a bakery with a muffin in hand, he spotted a dragon twirling plates! He had never really seen anything like it before.

He went over for a closer look. How did it work?

As he approached, he couldn't help but notice that the plates were really round... Oh, he was supposed to be looking for those, wasn't he?

Perhaps he should ask after finishing his muffin.

(B: Hey, the plates that entertainer is using sure seem pretty circular... )
6pUNHAC.gif
[MAGRDY] or
[MAGRDYW] - [MAGRDYD] - [MAGRDY3]

(from [MAGR1])

Dowsing...? Well, why not? You approach the dowsers with your question about the rune scroll. One of them perks up. "Oh! Yes, I had that. Now, where did I put it..." The absent-minded fellow pats around his person and then looks around on the ground for the scroll in question.

One of the other dowsers rolls their eyes. "He's always losing things," they confide quietly. "Good thing we're good at what we do."

Working together, the team of dowsers scans the area with their skills and the scroll is turned up in short order. Looking rather sheepish, the original dragon hands it over to you. "There you go, safe and sound."

You head on back to the lady imp's tent with the scroll and give it over to her.

[MAGRDY] (if this was your first task)

She laughs at your tale. "Ah, should've known they'd give it to Simon. Well at least he and his team can always find whatever he's lost! Good job. There are two more items we still need, though, so let's continue!"

A: Retrieve the circular dish
B: Search for the specially purified water

(Go right ahead to the linked destination of your choice! ^_^)

Pinging: @Canisa @Pinkkitty215 @Foxlover19

[MAGRDYW] (if you came from the water task)

She smiles at the story. "Good old Simon. I wonder why they decided to have him hang onto the scroll. Well, you succeeded and that's what's important. Only the dish left now!"

A: Find a circular dish

Pinging:

[MAGRDYD] (if you came from the circular dish task)

"Goodness, Simon had it? I'm sorry; it sounds like I should have been more specific in my instructions to them and you. But you succeeded anyway! Well done. Let's finish up now, and find that water."

A: Go get the specially purified water

Pinging: @CatalyzedLights

[MAGRDY3] (if this was your last task)

She shakes her head fondly. "That Simon - I think they keep giving him tasks in the hope that he'll somehow... grow out of that tendency to lose things. Ah well. Congratulations and well done! Thank you for retrieving the scroll - now I have everything I need to get started scrying!"

(Proceed onward to [MAGEND])

Pinging: @Aena @Shelie @Snek
[MAGRDY] or
[MAGRDYW] - [MAGRDYD] - [MAGRDY3]

(from [MAGR1])

Dowsing...? Well, why not? You approach the dowsers with your question about the rune scroll. One of them perks up. "Oh! Yes, I had that. Now, where did I put it..." The absent-minded fellow pats around his person and then looks around on the ground for the scroll in question.

One of the other dowsers rolls their eyes. "He's always losing things," they confide quietly. "Good thing we're good at what we do."

Working together, the team of dowsers scans the area with their skills and the scroll is turned up in short order. Looking rather sheepish, the original dragon hands it over to you. "There you go, safe and sound."

You head on back to the lady imp's tent with the scroll and give it over to her.

[MAGRDY] (if this was your first task)

She laughs at your tale. "Ah, should've known they'd give it to Simon. Well at least he and his team can always find whatever he's lost! Good job. There are two more items we still need, though, so let's continue!"

Pinging: @Canisa @Pinkkitty215 @Foxlover19

[MAGRDYW] (if you came from the water task)

She smiles at the story. "Good old Simon. I wonder why they decided to have him hang onto the scroll. Well, you succeeded and that's what's important. Only the dish left now!"

A: Find a circular dish

Pinging:

[MAGRDYD] (if you came from the circular dish task)

"Goodness, Simon had it? I'm sorry; it sounds like I should have been more specific in my instructions to them and you. But you succeeded anyway! Well done. Let's finish up now, and find that water."

A: Go get the specially purified water

Pinging: @CatalyzedLights

[MAGRDY3] (if this was your last task)

She shakes her head fondly. "That Simon - I think they keep giving him tasks in the hope that he'll somehow... grow out of that tendency to lose things. Ah well. Congratulations and well done! Thank you for retrieving the scroll - now I have everything I need to get started scrying!"

(Proceed onward to [MAGEND])

Pinging: @Aena @Shelie @Snek
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
[MAGDEY] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6856734] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/68568/6856734_350.png[/img] [/url] Ecstatic with her recent bout of luck, Safkhet thanked the pearlcatcher gratefully and returned to her employer with the dish. "I found it!" She beamed happily, handing it over. One task done, two to go! She was on a roll. She hoped this luck would last... Alright, what else should she look for? Hm... Purified water sounded pretty... Yes, that is what I'll do, she decided. She stated her choice to the imperial, head held high and eyes shining. [MAGDEY] ==> [MAGW1] Safkhet did NOT like this guy, she decided. He seemed like a creep. But this dragon was massive, many times the size of herself. There was no way she would be able to snatch the vial from under his long, terrifying nose... His assumptions of her wealth really bothered her, as well. Though she did only have a tiny amount of treasure, that vial was equally as small -- and she needed it for a very important task! There was no way she would do some favor for this creep, no matter the price! But there was nothing else she could do. It looked as if her luck had run dry, but she wouldn't give up yet. He didn't seem like the type interested in treasure or sob stories, but maybe if she was able to persuade him... Maybe he didn't even want the vial of water! Perhaps it wasn't what he thought she wanted! Encouraged by this notion, she decided to try and offer what she had for it. B: Attempt to bribe Fred with the 1000t you were given
[MAGDEY]

6856734_350.png

Ecstatic with her recent bout of luck, Safkhet thanked the pearlcatcher gratefully and returned to her employer with the dish. "I found it!" She beamed happily, handing it over. One task done, two to go! She was on a roll. She hoped this luck would last...

Alright, what else should she look for? Hm... Purified water sounded pretty... Yes, that is what I'll do, she decided. She stated her choice to the imperial, head held high and eyes shining.

[MAGDEY] ==> [MAGW1]

Safkhet did NOT like this guy, she decided. He seemed like a creep. But this dragon was massive, many times the size of herself. There was no way she would be able to snatch the vial from under his long, terrifying nose...

His assumptions of her wealth really bothered her, as well. Though she did only have a tiny amount of treasure, that vial was equally as small -- and she needed it for a very important task! There was no way she would do some favor for this creep, no matter the price!
But there was nothing else she could do.

It looked as if her luck had run dry, but she wouldn't give up yet. He didn't seem like the type interested in treasure or sob stories, but maybe if she was able to persuade him... Maybe he didn't even want the vial of water! Perhaps it wasn't what he thought she wanted! Encouraged by this notion, she decided to try and offer what she had for it.

basic-appreciation-club.png
[MAGRTY] or
[MAGRTYW] - [MAGRTYD] - [MAGRTY3]

(from [MAGR1])

Tarot seems pretty interesting, so you go in that direction in search of the rune scroll. All of the dragons in this area seem very mysterious and intriguing. Each one seems eager to catch your eye, too - offering to take a peek into your future and answer questions you'd never thought to ask. You ask the area at large about the rune scroll for the mage division.

To your relief, one of the tarot readers responds. "Ah, it is for you, then," she says, handing it over. "May it serve you well." She absently turns over a card that is hidden from you by her claws. Her eyes widen before looking at you. "I see quite a bit of intrigue in your future," she says. "But take care, and even if you stumble you may become a hero."

On that rather cryptic note you take the scroll back to the imperial lady.

[MAGRTY] (if this is your first task)

She gladly accepts the scroll and looks it over avidly. "Yes, yes this is exactly it. Congratulations! I hope retrieving it wasn't too difficult. Shall we move on to the next task?"

Pinging: @azurillturtle @Rivix @Lunila

[MAGRTYW] (if you just finished the water task)

"Yes, this is exactly what I needed! Thank you and I apologize for the extra trouble. Let's finish this set of tasks and get that dish!"

A: Get the circular dish

Pinging: @legendbeary @Dreamlight

[MAGRTYD] (if you just finished the circular dish task)

"Goodness, it sounds like that was a lot more complicated than I'd hoped it'd be. But you persevered! Thank you! Just one more task to finish up."

A: Fetch the specially purified water

Pinging: @yewfelle @carpenoctem

[MAGRTY3] (if this was your last task)

"Excellent work, and that despite the failure of my instructions! Thank you very much. Now it is my turn, to combine these items and scry for that threat!"

(Proceed on to [MAGEND])

Pinging: @Eme
[MAGRTY] or
[MAGRTYW] - [MAGRTYD] - [MAGRTY3]

(from [MAGR1])

Tarot seems pretty interesting, so you go in that direction in search of the rune scroll. All of the dragons in this area seem very mysterious and intriguing. Each one seems eager to catch your eye, too - offering to take a peek into your future and answer questions you'd never thought to ask. You ask the area at large about the rune scroll for the mage division.

To your relief, one of the tarot readers responds. "Ah, it is for you, then," she says, handing it over. "May it serve you well." She absently turns over a card that is hidden from you by her claws. Her eyes widen before looking at you. "I see quite a bit of intrigue in your future," she says. "But take care, and even if you stumble you may become a hero."

On that rather cryptic note you take the scroll back to the imperial lady.

[MAGRTY] (if this is your first task)

She gladly accepts the scroll and looks it over avidly. "Yes, yes this is exactly it. Congratulations! I hope retrieving it wasn't too difficult. Shall we move on to the next task?"

Pinging: @azurillturtle @Rivix @Lunila

[MAGRTYW] (if you just finished the water task)

"Yes, this is exactly what I needed! Thank you and I apologize for the extra trouble. Let's finish this set of tasks and get that dish!"

A: Get the circular dish

Pinging: @legendbeary @Dreamlight

[MAGRTYD] (if you just finished the circular dish task)

"Goodness, it sounds like that was a lot more complicated than I'd hoped it'd be. But you persevered! Thank you! Just one more task to finish up."

A: Fetch the specially purified water

Pinging: @yewfelle @carpenoctem

[MAGRTY3] (if this was your last task)

"Excellent work, and that despite the failure of my instructions! Thank you very much. Now it is my turn, to combine these items and scry for that threat!"

(Proceed on to [MAGEND])

Pinging: @Eme
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
[MAGDEY]
(from [MAGD1])

Runes sounded cool.

[Choice B: Time to seek out the scroll of runes]

And if I may go straight to my next choice? If I shouldn't then ignore the below.

[MAGR1]
(from [MAGDV] or [MAGDEY])

[Choice A: Ask at the dowsing area]

Tarots were scary. Best not to meddle with those things.
[MAGDEY]
(from [MAGD1])

Runes sounded cool.

[Choice B: Time to seek out the scroll of runes]

And if I may go straight to my next choice? If I shouldn't then ignore the below.

[MAGR1]
(from [MAGDV] or [MAGDEY])

[Choice A: Ask at the dowsing area]

Tarots were scary. Best not to meddle with those things.
@BlueTrillium [b][MAGWT][/b] (from [MAGW1]) (by way of [MAGRDY]) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9396007] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/93961/9396007_350.png[/img] [/url] Humorum let out a sigh of relief as he handed over the Rune Scroll. That hadn't been so hard after all! Having conveniently forgotten the sheer self-panic caused by his "spell," he eagerly listened to the new directions. This sounded even easier.... all he had to do was find a dragon and bargain for the water. Couldn't be too hard, right?.... ....Half an hour later, the young Nocturne was cursing his tendency to be far too optimistic, and thus tempt fate. This area of the Festival was definitely not so friendly as the last, and he was not sure he liked the look in Fred's eyes.... He needed that water, he certainly wasn't going to try to steal from a Ridgeback, particularly one who so comfortable in this area of the Festival. Even a few months in a Clan with several of those natural fighters had taught him that the dragons who were so good at "borrowing" from others were equally good at preventing those others from borrowing from [I]them[/i]..... and Humorum did [I]not[/i] like the look of those claws. There was a reason he had gone into the Mage Division after all, and it wasn't for his non-existent prowess in battle.... As for bribing a dragon who had already made it clear what "bargain" he had in mind? If Fred wanted a task done, Humorum was certain, no amount of treasure was going to change his mind. And certainly his magic, which was centered around illusions, would be no help persuading the Ridgeback otherwise. Sighing, he squared his shoulders and faced Fred, informing him he would carry out the service--and hoping desperately he had not just gotten in way over his head..... ...Humorum blinked. A drink? That was it? There [I]had[/i] to be a catch somewhere! Fortunately, however, the Nocturne's sense of self-preservation was such that he did not actually voice that opinion--and quite possibly get given an additional task for his troubles. Instead, he bowed politely to Fred, assured him he would find the needed drink, and hurried away in the direction of the large bar area he had seen earlier. Once he arrived, Humorum almost groaned aloud. There were [I]hundreds[/i] of drinks on offer, and none of them was remotely like any other. How was he supposed to know Fred's tastes? Now if he was getting a drink for Beeblebrox, there would be no question... the wacky Ridgeback from the Nocturne's own Clan would positively crow at the chance to actually drink a Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blaster.... but Fred was not Beeblebrox....nor was he Norberta, who would have wept with joy at the realization she could finally taste Butterbeer--and also try some Polyjuice Punch. And the only other Ridgeback Humorum knew would probably have gone for that Razzle Dazzle one.... but all he knew about Fred was that he was a Water Dragon, who liked bargaining for things. And there wasn't a single drink here that suggested deals or bargains, or.... Humorum stopped, staring at the list. Of course! Why hadn't he thought of that before? A water dragon would be sure to like [I]that[/i] one! Quickly, the young Nocturne hurried to the bar, and counted out treasure for a [b][I]Choice: Ripples and Waves Soda Blast[/b][/I]
@BlueTrillium

[MAGWT]
(from [MAGW1])

(by way of [MAGRDY])

9396007_350.png

Humorum let out a sigh of relief as he handed over the Rune Scroll. That hadn't been so hard after all! Having conveniently forgotten the sheer self-panic caused by his "spell," he eagerly listened to the new directions. This sounded even easier.... all he had to do was find a dragon and bargain for the water. Couldn't be too hard, right?....

....Half an hour later, the young Nocturne was cursing his tendency to be far too optimistic, and thus tempt fate. This area of the Festival was definitely not so friendly as the last, and he was not sure he liked the look in Fred's eyes.... He needed that water, he certainly wasn't going to try to steal from a Ridgeback, particularly one who so comfortable in this area of the Festival. Even a few months in a Clan with several of those natural fighters had taught him that the dragons who were so good at "borrowing" from others were equally good at preventing those others from borrowing from them..... and Humorum did not like the look of those claws. There was a reason he had gone into the Mage Division after all, and it wasn't for his non-existent prowess in battle....

As for bribing a dragon who had already made it clear what "bargain" he had in mind? If Fred wanted a task done, Humorum was certain, no amount of treasure was going to change his mind. And certainly his magic, which was centered around illusions, would be no help persuading the Ridgeback otherwise. Sighing, he squared his shoulders and faced Fred, informing him he would carry out the service--and hoping desperately he had not just gotten in way over his head.....

...Humorum blinked. A drink? That was it? There had to be a catch somewhere! Fortunately, however, the Nocturne's sense of self-preservation was such that he did not actually voice that opinion--and quite possibly get given an additional task for his troubles. Instead, he bowed politely to Fred, assured him he would find the needed drink, and hurried away in the direction of the large bar area he had seen earlier.

Once he arrived, Humorum almost groaned aloud. There were hundreds of drinks on offer, and none of them was remotely like any other. How was he supposed to know Fred's tastes?

Now if he was getting a drink for Beeblebrox, there would be no question... the wacky Ridgeback from the Nocturne's own Clan would positively crow at the chance to actually drink a Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blaster.... but Fred was not Beeblebrox....nor was he Norberta, who would have wept with joy at the realization she could finally taste Butterbeer--and also try some Polyjuice Punch. And the only other Ridgeback Humorum knew would probably have gone for that Razzle Dazzle one.... but all he knew about Fred was that he was a Water Dragon, who liked bargaining for things. And there wasn't a single drink here that suggested deals or bargains, or....

Humorum stopped, staring at the list. Of course! Why hadn't he thought of that before? A water dragon would be sure to like that one! Quickly, the young Nocturne hurried to the bar, and counted out treasure for a

Choice: Ripples and Waves Soda Blast

fw5Pc0h.png
@BlueTrillium

[PATTEY]
(from [PATT1])

DarkLord decided that there was more likely something going on at Shady Joe's than a bragging competition or whatever it was down by the beach.

B: Shady Joe sounds like a good bet

[PATJ1]
(from [PATDV] or [PATTEY])

Well, this is where the Snapper sent him... might as well try to blend in. "Seven," he called out in response.

A: Lucky number seven!
@BlueTrillium

[PATTEY]
(from [PATT1])

DarkLord decided that there was more likely something going on at Shady Joe's than a bragging competition or whatever it was down by the beach.

B: Shady Joe sounds like a good bet

[PATJ1]
(from [PATDV] or [PATTEY])

Well, this is where the Snapper sent him... might as well try to blend in. "Seven," he called out in response.

A: Lucky number seven!
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 63 64