Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | +1 "name a fave, get a fave" thread
1 2 3 4
Haa, I love perusing people's prized lair contents and gushing about exactly what it is that snags me about the dragons that catch my eye, and these kinds of threads are so pleasant and a good way to get those kinds of juices flowin' - so I thought I'd start another!

Y'all know how it goes - just take a peek through my lair and drop here one of the dragons in it (anyone who isn't for sale is fair game!) who catches your eye; hearing why you like them/why they stand out in particular is always nice, but there's no need to get too deep into it if you're strapped for time, don't particularly think you can "words" that kind of thing well, etc.!

In return, I'll look through your lair and tell you everything I love about and, if you're lore-inclined, llllet's say three headcanons/such thoughts I can imagine re: my favorite dragon from it - or you can specify a dragon of your own choice you'd like thoughts on!

No need to ping, but no issue if you do; pff, more of a "don't worry if you don't"!

Heads-up, I may not be able to get many replies out until tomorrow, since I've got a couple things to work on before I'm mobile-confined on a night shift, and so I apologize in advance if my replying to you winds up taking a little long! Trust, however, that I'll definitely be enjoying starting to get my reply "cooked" by looking through your lair on my breaks! 8,)c Always fun to have something interesting to read or look at to pass such time!
Haa, I love perusing people's prized lair contents and gushing about exactly what it is that snags me about the dragons that catch my eye, and these kinds of threads are so pleasant and a good way to get those kinds of juices flowin' - so I thought I'd start another!

Y'all know how it goes - just take a peek through my lair and drop here one of the dragons in it (anyone who isn't for sale is fair game!) who catches your eye; hearing why you like them/why they stand out in particular is always nice, but there's no need to get too deep into it if you're strapped for time, don't particularly think you can "words" that kind of thing well, etc.!

In return, I'll look through your lair and tell you everything I love about and, if you're lore-inclined, llllet's say three headcanons/such thoughts I can imagine re: my favorite dragon from it - or you can specify a dragon of your own choice you'd like thoughts on!

No need to ping, but no issue if you do; pff, more of a "don't worry if you don't"!

Heads-up, I may not be able to get many replies out until tomorrow, since I've got a couple things to work on before I'm mobile-confined on a night shift, and so I apologize in advance if my replying to you winds up taking a little long! Trust, however, that I'll definitely be enjoying starting to get my reply "cooked" by looking through your lair on my breaks! 8,)c Always fun to have something interesting to read or look at to pass such time!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52419488] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524195/52419488_350.png[/img] [/url] This boy immediately caught my eye. I love reds and golds, and they fit him perfectly! The art's seriously great, and I love his "whatever works, no skin off my nose" carefree attitude.

52419488_350.png

This boy immediately caught my eye. I love reds and golds, and they fit him perfectly! The art's seriously great, and I love his "whatever works, no skin off my nose" carefree attitude.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45541766] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/455418/45541766_350.png[/img] [/url] heliot caught my eye! his colours just work so well together, and the accent you chose for him is perfect!

45541766_350.png

heliot caught my eye! his colours just work so well together, and the accent you chose for him is perfect!
fkWjutW.png
dEo6ta2.png
3J4E2hk.png
CioCFC3.png
6YousWl.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52528793] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/525288/52528793_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm a sucker for both pinstripe and purple yellow combos :D And the way runes makes the horns glow! Not to mention I just love pearlcatchers 10/10 perfect boy

52528793_350.png

I'm a sucker for both pinstripe and purple yellow combos :D And the way runes makes the horns glow! Not to mention I just love pearlcatchers
10/10 perfect boy
57vDzYs.png
Ahh I always love these, and you've got such a charming lair! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52794881] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/527949/52794881_350.png[/img] [/url] Noblesse is so pretty! Deep purples and reds are always a win, and I love how you've pulled in the golds from the bloodstone cascades! She looks so regal in her jewelry, but those gauntlets and claws make me think that she's not afraid to fight if she needs to. She gives me serious vampire queen vibes--beautiful from afar, but watch out!
Ahh I always love these, and you've got such a charming lair!

52794881_350.png

Noblesse is so pretty! Deep purples and reds are always a win, and I love how you've pulled in the golds from the bloodstone cascades! She looks so regal in her jewelry, but those gauntlets and claws make me think that she's not afraid to fight if she needs to. She gives me serious vampire queen vibes--beautiful from afar, but watch out!
a8byJKr.gif
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/443078/44307718_350.png[/img] I love female guardians, I love toxin in the black range, and I do like speckle in certain circumstances
44307718_350.png
I love female guardians, I love toxin in the black range, and I do like speckle in certain circumstances
the "reptilian" in my name only has one l
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52103062] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521031/52103062_350.png[/img] [/url] She looks like she's made out of sunlight, and her wings are just the right tinge of fiery. Also, her lore is absolutely adorable and I feel like she's the kind to get lost in a patch of flowers but still be happy about it.

52103062_350.png

She looks like she's made out of sunlight, and her wings are just the right tinge of fiery. Also, her lore is absolutely adorable and I feel like she's the kind to get lost in a patch of flowers but still be happy about it.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44307718] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/443078/44307718_350.png[/img] [/url] Eveline caught my eye immediately with the distinctive black toxin and obsidian speckle. I really like her name, it gives here an old world elegance vibe to me. Which I think is really cool since she has genes that have been on Flight Rising for a while now. However when I took a closer look at her and saw the plague halo and the spectral gif of a girl standing in a dilapidated building I was definitely clued in to the influence of Plague. Very creepy girl, for sure. It might be helpful to spread out that list of lore tidbits. It's a little hard on the eyes to read through such a densely packed list. Good job so far though!

44307718_350.png

Eveline caught my eye immediately with the distinctive black toxin and obsidian speckle. I really like her name, it gives here an old world elegance vibe to me. Which I think is really cool since she has genes that have been on Flight Rising for a while now. However when I took a closer look at her and saw the plague halo and the spectral gif of a girl standing in a dilapidated building I was definitely clued in to the influence of Plague. Very creepy girl, for sure. It might be helpful to spread out that list of lore tidbits. It's a little hard on the eyes to read through such a densely packed list. Good job so far though!
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
@myriadofstars HAA, THAT'S GOT TO BE MY FAVORITE IMAGE OF THE CHARACTER HE'S STYLED AFTER - GOT TO LOVE THAT COMBINED THREATENING AND "JOYFULLY SHOWMANLY" ENERGY. And, man, it's a [i]character design[/i] I all around love and couldn't not make a dragon tribute to - [i]aren't[/i] reds and golds great? It was also fun cookin' up lore that fit that kind of personality into Gaoler lore! As for your own lair...! Ohh, dang, the Lunas all caught my eye - great use of the "moons" in Peacock on black-range Starcon - and I love on [i]principal[/i] that you've got a dragon over in hibernal named "Shoggoth" - great swamp-witchy look, and also a Lovecraftian name is perfect for a Multigaze! But the first one to really [i]yoink[/i] my attention was Clockwork here! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47202864] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/472029/47202864_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Bee has such an easy time being [i]such[/i] a striking gene, and the brightness of it in Grapefruit here and its contrast with the "shadow" of her other wing behind it pulled my eye in [i]immediately[/i] - I had to click on her to get a closer look! And pffha, man, that kind of vivid, luminous orange is also a great contrast with her muted night-like blue body - especially with that subtle threading of brown from the Smoke to both add neutral ground between that double-contast and match her apparel such that it looks a bit like another thing she's "wearing"! Reading her lore (and I [i]love[/i] the eccentric, industrious tinkerer character type - speaking of lore, pff, I always love a sweet couple!), lookin' at her makes me picture having worked a long day in a workshop, never having turned the lights on - and still being hard at work on a personal project [i]in[/i] the dark while sitting by a window as the sun goes down, enjoying the orange light. I can imagine that... [LIST] [*] While she never connected very well with Wind-born life and spends most of her time on the ground, she has found a way not to let her abilities to control wind currents go to waste via cooking up proportionally high amounts of wind-powered devices for convenience; if she needs to juice up a tool of hers or make something move a bit faster, she sends the wind blowing into small metal windmills she's set up around the area she works in - in a scattered-looking pattern, maybe, to someone not in the know, but hey, they're places she's found to have the most ideal conditions for them. [*] There've been times where, knowing Lorekeeper isn't going to listen to her just... telling him to stop propping her up, she's cut into his flattery/boasting about her by weirdly-flatly over-flattering him in return (e.x. "Well, [i]you're[/i] a [Insert super-long string of overdone compliments here] >B|"). She's not really entirely sure [i]why[/i] she first thought to do that - just following instinct, one supposes - but subconsciously, it's kinda to change the subject in a sweet way. And it's not like she doesn't mean it! [*] She tends to swing her tail and/or lightly bat her wings (she's made a couple of messes this way - curses to kind of forgetting what you've put in your immediate surroundings here and there combined with being a larger species!) to the rhythm as she sings to herself - maybe it's the ticking of her clocks worming their way into her head![/LIST] She seems [i]really cute[/i], and I love her!
@myriadofstars HAA, THAT'S GOT TO BE MY FAVORITE IMAGE OF THE CHARACTER HE'S STYLED AFTER - GOT TO LOVE THAT COMBINED THREATENING AND "JOYFULLY SHOWMANLY" ENERGY. And, man, it's a character design I all around love and couldn't not make a dragon tribute to - aren't reds and golds great? It was also fun cookin' up lore that fit that kind of personality into Gaoler lore!

As for your own lair...!

Ohh, dang, the Lunas all caught my eye - great use of the "moons" in Peacock on black-range Starcon - and I love on principal that you've got a dragon over in hibernal named "Shoggoth" - great swamp-witchy look, and also a Lovecraftian name is perfect for a Multigaze!

But the first one to really yoink my attention was Clockwork here!

Bee has such an easy time being such a striking gene, and the brightness of it in Grapefruit here and its contrast with the "shadow" of her other wing behind it pulled my eye in immediately - I had to click on her to get a closer look! And pffha, man, that kind of vivid, luminous orange is also a great contrast with her muted night-like blue body - especially with that subtle threading of brown from the Smoke to both add neutral ground between that double-contast and match her apparel such that it looks a bit like another thing she's "wearing"! Reading her lore (and I love the eccentric, industrious tinkerer character type - speaking of lore, pff, I always love a sweet couple!), lookin' at her makes me picture having worked a long day in a workshop, never having turned the lights on - and still being hard at work on a personal project in the dark while sitting by a window as the sun goes down, enjoying the orange light.

I can imagine that...
  • While she never connected very well with Wind-born life and spends most of her time on the ground, she has found a way not to let her abilities to control wind currents go to waste via cooking up proportionally high amounts of wind-powered devices for convenience; if she needs to juice up a tool of hers or make something move a bit faster, she sends the wind blowing into small metal windmills she's set up around the area she works in - in a scattered-looking pattern, maybe, to someone not in the know, but hey, they're places she's found to have the most ideal conditions for them.
  • There've been times where, knowing Lorekeeper isn't going to listen to her just... telling him to stop propping her up, she's cut into his flattery/boasting about her by weirdly-flatly over-flattering him in return (e.x. "Well, you're a [Insert super-long string of overdone compliments here] >B|"). She's not really entirely sure why she first thought to do that - just following instinct, one supposes - but subconsciously, it's kinda to change the subject in a sweet way. And it's not like she doesn't mean it!
  • She tends to swing her tail and/or lightly bat her wings (she's made a couple of messes this way - curses to kind of forgetting what you've put in your immediate surroundings here and there combined with being a larger species!) to the rhythm as she sings to herself - maybe it's the ticking of her clocks worming their way into her head!

She seems really cute, and I love her!
Oh man, thank you so much! The Lunars were really fun to find (although Lunary was a bit of an accident), and I must admit Shoggoth was already named when I got her.

But Clock's been a favorite of mine ever since I got her, and I just. Thank you so much for noticing her? Also, your headcannons are adorable and great and do you mind if I use them? Because yes, they fit her perfectly!
Oh man, thank you so much! The Lunars were really fun to find (although Lunary was a bit of an accident), and I must admit Shoggoth was already named when I got her.

But Clock's been a favorite of mine ever since I got her, and I just. Thank you so much for noticing her? Also, your headcannons are adorable and great and do you mind if I use them? Because yes, they fit her perfectly!
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4