Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Pact/Contract] The Ravenghast (Hiatus)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16
Oooo I gotta enter my pearly soon ehehehe
Oooo I gotta enter my pearly soon ehehehe
bHeX9bv.png
@dragonfire546 will be making a pact very soon! I love this concept sm))
@dragonfire546 will be making a pact very soon! I love this concept sm))
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
@Dragonfire546

Your delicious pearls pact is most welcome! And I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it! I assure you that it's just as fun writing them.
@Dragonfire546

Your delicious pearls pact is most welcome! And I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it! I assure you that it's just as fun writing them.
wren1.pngwren2.gifwren3.gifwren4.pngwren5.png
@Viviwren. Is this still active? I hope so. So, this lore is based on JJBA part 5. Am I ashamed about that? Nah. This was fun to write, and I like turning fandragons into dragons that could actually fit into the flight rising universe with part of their source material intact. I hope it's okay that I already wrote a part about Giorno obtaining his wish? I know it leaves less up to you, but I figured I'd show you anyway because I'm using the ravenghast. He has more lore in his bio, but I put what's important to The Ravenghast here. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24418272] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244183/24418272_350.png[/img] [/url] Giorno cried out as the boss, the hidden boss of the mafia, Diavolo, the [i]devil[/i], struck him once more. Pale moonlight lit up the corpses of his friends and the boss' daughter, blood splattered everywhere. His heart stung, angry at himself for not being able to heal them. He himself was worse for the wear, a multitude of wounds littering his body as the grinning boss stood over him. They hadn't foreseen this. They couldn't have. How could anyone have known that Diavolo had such a terrifying ability? [morphology=89067] Time seemed to skip ahead, and suddenly Giorno was lying a few meters ahead, hissing as more pain blossomed from his body. He tried not to show it, tried to keep his face neutral and steadfast, but... Diavolo was on him again in a matter of seconds, swiping with claws, using his massive bulk to throw Giorno into a stone pillar. There was no hope, was there? Or maybe... Giorno felt around in his blue coat, plucking out a black feather. It wasn't much, it was a rumour he had heard in his youth, and a few nights ago, when he was feeling worried, he'd went to sleep and dreamt, and woken up with the feather in his claws. Just in case. He didn't feel very hopeful about his chances anymore, but maybe, maybe... Diavolo was distracted, prattling on about how only [/]he[/i] knew the ultimate truth, he was the king of kings... It was all the distraction Giorno needed. Diavolo thought him beaten. He'd show him. Before Diavolo could know what was going on, Giorno called to the moon, wailing a beckoning word for It, for the Ravenghast. All went dark. ---------------------- [b][i]Give me the power to defeat and punish Diavolo![/i] [/b]------------- When the pearlcatcher came to, he didn't know anything. Didn't know his name. Didn't know where he was. What he was doing. Why there were corpses of dragons around him. Didn't know who the cursing gaoler in front of him was. "Giorno Giovanna!" The Gaoler hissed, fury seeping in his tone. "What did you [i]do[/i]?!" Giorno Giovanna? Was that him? He looked around, there were no living souls around, so it must've been him. Giorno just looked at the gaoler with a neutral confusion. The gaoler growled. "No matter. You are nothing, boy. You hear me? Nothing!" Something around him crackled, and the world seemed to invert colours. The gaoler was laughing, coming closer. He radiated a menacing, murderous arau unlike Giorno had ever felt before. Even if he didn't seem to know... anything, at the moment, Giorno knew one thing. This dragon deserved to die. What for? Giorno wasn't sure, but he felt it in his bones, every cell in his body screaming for action. A power thrummed through him. The gaoler's steps seemed to revert, and Giorno stepped closer. The gaoler looked incredibly confused and angry, screeching as he bolted towards Giorno. Giorno, by instinct, dodged the incoming attack. Something in him snapped, and Giorno struck the gaoler. Again. Again. [i]Again[/i]. A power unlike the world had ever seen flowed through him, and the gaoler went flying. And promptly got impaled on a pointy rock. The world shifted for the gaoler. Suddenly he was in a medical ward, on a table. He couldn't move. Someone said something about an autopsy, and cut into him, unable to hear his pleas to stop. The world shifted again. He got ran over by a stampede of angry mirrors, who tore him apart. The world shifted again. He fell into the Wyrmwound. The gaoler was stuck in a continuous loop of death, though unable to truly die. Unable to reach the ultimate truth. The worst kind of hell for someone like him. Giorno had already left, feeling confident the immediate threat was taken care of. He wondered briefly if he should check up on the corpses in the area, but then, he didn't know them at all. They all looked pretty beat up. Were they enemies as well? or perhaps fallen allies? He tried to remember, but all he got was a headache. Nope, not happening. He felt he should at least give these dragons a proper burial grounds. So, drawing forth some of his old power, (how did he know it was old?) he made flowers bloom around them. Much better.
@Viviwren. Is this still active? I hope so.

So, this lore is based on JJBA part 5. Am I ashamed about that? Nah. This was fun to write, and I like turning fandragons into dragons that could actually fit into the flight rising universe with part of their source material intact. I hope it's okay that I already wrote a part about Giorno obtaining his wish? I know it leaves less up to you, but I figured I'd show you anyway because I'm using the ravenghast.

He has more lore in his bio, but I put what's important to The Ravenghast here.

24418272_350.png

Giorno cried out as the boss, the hidden boss of the mafia, Diavolo, the devil, struck him once more. Pale moonlight lit up the corpses of his friends and the boss' daughter, blood splattered everywhere. His heart stung, angry at himself for not being able to heal them. He himself was worse for the wear, a multitude of wounds littering his body as the grinning boss stood over him.

They hadn't foreseen this. They couldn't have.

How could anyone have known that Diavolo had such a terrifying ability?

Not Found

Time seemed to skip ahead, and suddenly Giorno was lying a few meters ahead, hissing as more pain blossomed from his body. He tried not to show it, tried to keep his face neutral and steadfast, but...

Diavolo was on him again in a matter of seconds, swiping with claws, using his massive bulk to throw Giorno into a stone pillar.

There was no hope, was there?

Or maybe...

Giorno felt around in his blue coat, plucking out a black feather. It wasn't much, it was a rumour he had heard in his youth, and a few nights ago, when he was feeling worried, he'd went to sleep and dreamt, and woken up with the feather in his claws.

Just in case.

He didn't feel very hopeful about his chances anymore, but maybe, maybe...

Diavolo was distracted, prattling on about how only [/]he[/i] knew the ultimate truth, he was the king of kings...

It was all the distraction Giorno needed. Diavolo thought him beaten.

He'd show him.

Before Diavolo could know what was going on, Giorno called to the moon, wailing a beckoning word for It, for the Ravenghast.

All went dark.

Give me the power to defeat and punish Diavolo!

When the pearlcatcher came to, he didn't know anything.

Didn't know his name. Didn't know where he was. What he was doing. Why there were corpses of dragons around him. Didn't know who the cursing gaoler in front of him was.

"Giorno Giovanna!" The Gaoler hissed, fury seeping in his tone. "What did you do?!"

Giorno Giovanna? Was that him? He looked around, there were no living souls around, so it must've been him.

Giorno just looked at the gaoler with a neutral confusion.

The gaoler growled. "No matter. You are nothing, boy. You hear me? Nothing!"

Something around him crackled, and the world seemed to invert colours. The gaoler was laughing, coming closer.

He radiated a menacing, murderous arau unlike Giorno had ever felt before. Even if he didn't seem to know... anything, at the moment, Giorno knew one thing.

This dragon deserved to die. What for? Giorno wasn't sure, but he felt it in his bones, every cell in his body screaming for action.

A power thrummed through him. The gaoler's steps seemed to revert, and Giorno stepped closer. The gaoler looked incredibly confused and angry, screeching as he bolted towards Giorno.

Giorno, by instinct, dodged the incoming attack.

Something in him snapped, and Giorno struck the gaoler. Again. Again. Again.

A power unlike the world had ever seen flowed through him, and the gaoler went flying.

And promptly got impaled on a pointy rock.

The world shifted for the gaoler. Suddenly he was in a medical ward, on a table. He couldn't move. Someone said something about an autopsy, and cut into him, unable to hear his pleas to stop.

The world shifted again. He got ran over by a stampede of angry mirrors, who tore him apart. The world shifted again. He fell into the Wyrmwound.

The gaoler was stuck in a continuous loop of death, though unable to truly die. Unable to reach the ultimate truth. The worst kind of hell for someone like him.

Giorno had already left, feeling confident the immediate threat was taken care of. He wondered briefly if he should check up on the corpses in the area, but then, he didn't know them at all. They all looked pretty beat up. Were they enemies as well? or perhaps fallen allies?

He tried to remember, but all he got was a headache. Nope, not happening.

He felt he should at least give these dragons a proper burial grounds. So, drawing forth some of his old power, (how did he know it was old?) he made flowers bloom around them.

Much better.
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
----- ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51019006] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/510191/51019006_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] He remembered the old parable, that riddle, the story of a dragon bargaining with time. And it was laughable that he should remember it, as it made a lot of sense now. [i]There was an old dragon who feared death. And so he went and bargained with Providence, and Providence came on black wings, and she gave him three options: "I can grant you immortality," She holds up one talon. "Your body will live forever, but your mind will fall victim to time." "I can grant you safety," She holds up a second talon. "You will never fall victim to time, and when death comes you will grow young again, and the cycle will repeat, forever and ever." "I can grant you stability," She holds up her third and final talon. "Time will freeze for you, and none will move ever again."[/i] Time, time, how everything moved for time! It was everyone's master, the end empirical. And it only ever moved forward, so what you did would remain that way. How annoying that the past existed. It both scared and infuriated Temeraire, his memories. He was very, very scared of what had happened to him, and very scared of what would happen. Why did he have to lose his mother? The Pearlcatcher could still remember it like yesterday, when the big scary dragons came and took him away to "a better place." Was she crying, his mother? He couldn't remember that, just how his world had broken into two and fell down into the dark. It was that day that had ruined everything, [i]everything![/I] From there he ran away to find her, but was swept up by a street thief instead. And then they sold him to a scientist from the Southern Icefield, and he used him, used him! Of course he had to run away again. It was always running. Running was the only answer. Escape was the only answer. After the scientist, he'd spent his time on the streets. Begging, scrounging, what a luxurious life, an ironic rich man's world. Temeraire had only grown more miserable then. If only it'd end. If only. And then one day he heard, from another Pearlcatcher, a strange little story. [i]"They call it the Ravenghast."[/i] Wishes granted, anything you wanted, only for his pearl. The price of a past for a future. And just like that, he was hooked. [i]What if you could change your past?[/i] He initially thought about wiping his past, perhaps even going back to the halcyon times with his mother. But then, where was the guarantee he wouldn't be taken again? How did time even work? There it was again: time, always time. Even if he did erase what happened, he couldn't erase what would be. He would still be Temeraire, the scientist's subject, the thief's slave, the lamb powerless as his god drew the knife. Oh no, Temeraire didn't want that. Or he could destroy himself - but wait, he may have hated life, but he feared death more. Temeraire didn't want that either. What to do? What would happen? Wondering aside, there was still that desire that burned in him, kept him alive. [i]I want to be free, I want to make a wish, I want to be free, I want to forget, I want to be free.[/i] He was still in the midst of his pondering when it came to him. One night, as he slept by a street in dirty rags, he had a dream. Everything seemed so... grey, and smokey, with fog and ice rolling across the room he stood in. A cradle sat empty in a corner. Across from a bed sat a chest, half-open with torn rags spilling out. The smell of myrrh and mint flooded his nose. Temeraire knew where he was. Home. And before him stood his mother. Silently, she reached out, offering something. He took it. immediately, the world fell away, and he was back on the streets cold and wet. But this time, he held a single black feather. Temeraire almost didn't believe it. But there it was, the feather of myth, in his claws! The Pearlcatcher had wasted no time. He brought it close to his face, talons trembling as he whispered a word. ----- The Ravenghast. Massive in size, with black wings bound by eternal chains. Empty eyes bored into his skull. But that was fine! If the Ravenghast knew, then it could take. In awe, Temeraire crawled towards the being, staring up at it with a flurry of emotions: fear, amazement, wonder... [i]desire.[/i] "...The Ravenghast, they call you. Some... entity that blesses its believers with wishes," He breathed quietly. If the thing did hear him, it gave no indication. No response. The Pearlcatcher took a shaky breath. His pearl felt heavy and awkward in his talons, as if it'd burn him if he didn't let it go. Yet somehow he could not bring himself to let go of it. He'd be denying who he was if he gave it up, right? What was he doing? [i]What I have to do.[/i] Temeraire gingerly stepped up to the altar, feeling hollow sockets tracking his movements. His legs shook as he did. Blue silver eyes looked up and met non-existent ones. "There was a... parable, you know?" He chuckled, "About Providence and... time. I think it might've been about you. Funny, isn't it?" "I, uh, I..." The Pearlcatcher exhaled hard, turning away. Why was he so [i]scared?[/i] "I've suffered a lot. I never knew my father, my mother was cast out for having me, I was taken away when I was [i]three.[/i] "From there it never got better: everything only went downhill, from the- the thieves to the scientist to- to the streets. It's always been that way. There's been nothing but tragedy in my life. "And- And I'm [i]tired[/i] of it!" He shrieks. The cry echoes through the empty chamber. [i]Tired of it, tired of it, tired of it.[/i] "All this misfortune, unfairness- it's not fair! It shouldn't have been me! But it had to, didn't it? It had to be [i]me![/i]" "And even if I do find happiness, there's always going to be that pain, I can't [i]erase[/i] what happened! I'm always going to be Temeraire, the illegitimate son, the scapegoat..." Tears began to roll from his eyes. Oh, it was all too much. All the memories, the pain, the everything, the suffering, it would only continue! Yes, he couldn't just wipe his thoughts, he had to wipe [i]himself.[/i] "So this is my wish! I wish-" He coughed, beginning to sob from the misery he felt. "Erase me! Wipe my memories, my identity, I- and I don't want to ever remember! Erase who I am, who this- this [i]dragon[/i] is!" Angry and shaking, he jabbed a talon at himself, and slammed his pearl onto the altar. The force shook the space, reverberating with the sound of a thousand drums in the cathedral. [center][i]"Erase who I am, I'm begging you!"[/i] With that, he fell to his knees sobbing, the strength gone from his body. Sobbing, tears flowing down his cheeks and onto the cold stone floor. So much emotion and feeling in this one dragon. So much. So much of it. A welcome meal for the Ravenghast. [/center] ----- -----

He remembered the old parable, that riddle, the story of a dragon bargaining with time. And it was laughable that he should remember it, as it made a lot of sense now.

There was an old dragon who feared death. And so he went and bargained with Providence, and Providence came on black wings, and she gave him three options:

"I can grant you immortality," She holds up one talon. "Your body will live forever, but your mind will fall victim to time."

"I can grant you safety," She holds up a second talon. "You will never fall victim to time, and when death comes you will grow young again, and the cycle will repeat, forever and ever."

"I can grant you stability," She holds up her third and final talon. "Time will freeze for you, and none will move ever again."

Time, time, how everything moved for time! It was everyone's master, the end empirical. And it only ever moved forward, so what you did would remain that way. How annoying that the past existed. It both scared and infuriated Temeraire, his memories. He was very, very scared of what had happened to him, and very scared of what would happen.

Why did he have to lose his mother? The Pearlcatcher could still remember it like yesterday, when the big scary dragons came and took him away to "a better place." Was she crying, his mother? He couldn't remember that, just how his world had broken into two and fell down into the dark. It was that day that had ruined everything, everything! From there he ran away to find her, but was swept up by a street thief instead. And then they sold him to a scientist from the Southern Icefield, and he used him, used him! Of course he had to run away again. It was always running. Running was the only answer. Escape was the only answer.

After the scientist, he'd spent his time on the streets. Begging, scrounging, what a luxurious life, an ironic rich man's world. Temeraire had only grown more miserable then.

If only it'd end. If only.

And then one day he heard, from another Pearlcatcher, a strange little story.

"They call it the Ravenghast."

Wishes granted, anything you wanted, only for his pearl. The price of a past for a future. And just like that, he was hooked.

What if you could change your past?

He initially thought about wiping his past, perhaps even going back to the halcyon times with his mother. But then, where was the guarantee he wouldn't be taken again? How did time even work? There it was again: time, always time. Even if he did erase what happened, he couldn't erase what would be. He would still be Temeraire, the scientist's subject, the thief's slave, the lamb powerless as his god drew the knife. Oh no, Temeraire didn't want that.

Or he could destroy himself - but wait, he may have hated life, but he feared death more. Temeraire didn't want that either. What to do? What would happen?

Wondering aside, there was still that desire that burned in him, kept him alive. I want to be free, I want to make a wish, I want to be free, I want to forget, I want to be free.

He was still in the midst of his pondering when it came to him. One night, as he slept by a street in dirty rags, he had a dream. Everything seemed so... grey, and smokey, with fog and ice rolling across the room he stood in. A cradle sat empty in a corner. Across from a bed sat a chest, half-open with torn rags spilling out. The smell of myrrh and mint flooded his nose. Temeraire knew where he was.

Home. And before him stood his mother. Silently, she reached out, offering something. He took it. immediately, the world fell away, and he was back on the streets cold and wet.

But this time, he held a single black feather.

Temeraire almost didn't believe it. But there it was, the feather of myth, in his claws! The Pearlcatcher had wasted no time.

He brought it close to his face, talons trembling as he whispered a word.

The Ravenghast. Massive in size, with black wings bound by eternal chains. Empty eyes bored into his skull. But that was fine! If the Ravenghast knew, then it could take.

In awe, Temeraire crawled towards the being, staring up at it with a flurry of emotions: fear, amazement, wonder... desire.

"...The Ravenghast, they call you. Some... entity that blesses its believers with wishes," He breathed quietly. If the thing did hear him, it gave no indication.

No response. The Pearlcatcher took a shaky breath. His pearl felt heavy and awkward in his talons, as if it'd burn him if he didn't let it go. Yet somehow he could not bring himself to let go of it. He'd be denying who he was if he gave it up, right? What was he doing?

What I have to do.

Temeraire gingerly stepped up to the altar, feeling hollow sockets tracking his movements. His legs shook as he did. Blue silver eyes looked up and met non-existent ones.

"There was a... parable, you know?" He chuckled, "About Providence and... time. I think it might've been about you. Funny, isn't it?"

"I, uh, I..." The Pearlcatcher exhaled hard, turning away. Why was he so scared? "I've suffered a lot. I never knew my father, my mother was cast out for having me, I was taken away when I was three.

"From there it never got better: everything only went downhill, from the- the thieves to the scientist to- to the streets. It's always been that way. There's been nothing but tragedy in my life.

"And- And I'm tired of it!" He shrieks. The cry echoes through the empty chamber. Tired of it, tired of it, tired of it. "All this misfortune, unfairness- it's not fair! It shouldn't have been me! But it had to, didn't it? It had to be me!"

"And even if I do find happiness, there's always going to be that pain, I can't erase what happened! I'm always going to be Temeraire, the illegitimate son, the scapegoat..."

Tears began to roll from his eyes. Oh, it was all too much. All the memories, the pain, the everything, the suffering, it would only continue! Yes, he couldn't just wipe his thoughts, he had to wipe himself.

"So this is my wish! I wish-" He coughed, beginning to sob from the misery he felt. "Erase me! Wipe my memories, my identity, I- and I don't want to ever remember! Erase who I am, who this- this dragon is!" Angry and shaking, he jabbed a talon at himself, and slammed his pearl onto the altar. The force shook the space, reverberating with the sound of a thousand drums in the cathedral.
"Erase who I am, I'm begging you!"

With that, he fell to his knees sobbing, the strength gone from his body. Sobbing, tears flowing down his cheeks and onto the cold stone floor. So much emotion and feeling in this one dragon. So much. So much of it.

A welcome meal for the Ravenghast.

tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
@pokemoncha

Hullo! It is indeed still active, and your dragon is most welcome. It is absolutely fine for you to decide the wish in advance as well, especially if it is fitting with your mixed lore from other universes. After all, this project is intended to enrich lore as a whole and for everyone to have a little fun from it as an added bonus.

Now, I must admit I never watched JJBA, but I have heard much of it. So hopefully I (and the Ravenghast by extension) can still do it some justice.
@pokemoncha

Hullo! It is indeed still active, and your dragon is most welcome. It is absolutely fine for you to decide the wish in advance as well, especially if it is fitting with your mixed lore from other universes. After all, this project is intended to enrich lore as a whole and for everyone to have a little fun from it as an added bonus.

Now, I must admit I never watched JJBA, but I have heard much of it. So hopefully I (and the Ravenghast by extension) can still do it some justice.
@Viviwren yay! I'm glad to hear that. I love this stuff so much, and from time to time I enjoy checking up on what new wishes have been made. The ravenghast is just so interesting and enigmatic. I love the way you write it.

and dont worry abt never having watched jjba. My lore is merely inspired on the main character of the 5th part, and not an absolute mirror of it. If he were a complete mirror of the character he's based on and the story he's in, the lore would be a lot different, aand I find it no fun to... well, basically rewrite something word for word. I love putting my own spin on things, and hearing other's input as well, so I fully trust you to come up with something cool ^^
@Viviwren yay! I'm glad to hear that. I love this stuff so much, and from time to time I enjoy checking up on what new wishes have been made. The ravenghast is just so interesting and enigmatic. I love the way you write it.

and dont worry abt never having watched jjba. My lore is merely inspired on the main character of the 5th part, and not an absolute mirror of it. If he were a complete mirror of the character he's based on and the story he's in, the lore would be a lot different, aand I find it no fun to... well, basically rewrite something word for word. I love putting my own spin on things, and hearing other's input as well, so I fully trust you to come up with something cool ^^
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
[center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig08.deviantart.net/df0d/f/2016/277/6/8/arcane_shield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajun3p.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2593443][img]https://i.imgur.com/hC0oysb.png[/img][/url] [/center] [indent] One moment Diavolo, and the cathedral grounds the next. The nausea of the shift seeped beyond the core of the body and into the air itself--a heavy, sluggishly sweet vertigo that seemed to permeate into everything it touched. It was no illusion, but nor did it seem like reality either. Beckoning words, after all, held [b]power[/b], no matter who it calls. Giorno's earnest desire had brought the two worlds closer for better or for worse. Time, however, was not frozen for Giorno. The adrenaline still coursed through his veins as much as it did just a moment ago. His blood still dripped and splattered about, and the ground beneath him drank deeply. He [i]must[/i] move forward. The world seemed to urge him--[i]Go, go to the cathedral doors. To its looming tower with its golden bell. Go and make his wish.[/i] He could not stay here. The ground would drink him dry should he continue to be so generous. The stone doors gave with a start. They creaked heavily and shook with layers of dust and dirt. As if no one had ever been--but that was not true. It was only that... this particular cathedral belonged to him, and him alone. This instance was made for him and his wish; and it bade him deeper towards its honeyed womb. A passing breeze brushed coolly over his pearl, giving it a dull, slick sheen like a beast tasting its prey. Within lay the sunset glow of rich colors fragmented by glass--and the towering [i]thing[/i] at its center. The Ravenghast. [i]Come, come and make your wish.[/i] The world sang. [center][i]You wish for xxx? [/i][/center] Though he could hear its unspoken words within his heart, his mind could not make them out exactly. He could only know it by instinct alone. What... did it say he wished for? Try as he might, he still couldn't understand; but it continued to echo in the recess of his being nevertheless. It made blood rise and skin crawl, but there was also something... [i]something[/i] about it. Is it what he wished for? As much as one would try to dwell and decipher, these thoughts would only loop senselessly back without an answer. [center][i]You will have it[/i].[/center] Black tendrils wrapped around him and his pearl, only just. It did not touch him, but merely guided him along, pulling lightly for him to come closer to its altar where he could see a stray black wisp gently tracing a clawed finger around the indent in a deliciously slow manner. There was no denying what it was for--his pearl. [center][i]Almost there.[/i][/center] What transpired between one moment and the next occurred as a spontaneous jump in time. His pearl was now suddenly present atop the altar. But Giorno did not recall placing it there. Yet he was stood back now, watching the scene before him unfold. He did not remember uttering words of wishes. No telling of story. No baring of his heart. One moment he was walking forward, and the next, well--None of it made any sense, but it was clear that it was too late to take any of it back. A decision was made, whether it was one that he made or not, this he did not know. It was difficult not to feel sick with dread and suspicion. [/indent] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24418272] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244183/24418272_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [indent][img]https://i.imgur.com/3USjIMB.png[/img][/indent] [center] An arcane circle flickers to life beneath Giorno as the Ravenghast tilts its head back, hungrily swallowing the pearl whole.[/center] [indent]He could feel the power coursing about him. It was no lie. His surroundings were black and webbed with raven magic. It wove round and round him, like a spidery cocoon. And like the spider, he would feel a set of fangs sink within him, punching a hole in the surface of his flesh, allowing the magic to follow suit in a sudden rush. The vengeful nature of his heart was strong. His desire to kill, and kill again. It was insatiable. This was not the ghast, but his own. The blackest, raw reaches of his heart, and his earnest wish to "slay the devil," so to speak. Death once was not enough. Death again, too early still. More, and more. Where would it end, he never wished for. Only a beginning that would never conclude. A song nearing the end, but never a finale. The taste of fear, of pain, of the inevitable--and the release that would tease, but never follow. Again, and again, the clock would set to zero as life and death toggled between one another with a flitting and most frustrating set of whimsy. And just like that. Giorno was released from "the dream" where he would return from whence he came to distort the threads of time and fate. His memories gone, his existence an anomaly, and all-in-all, he is wholly misplaced. [center][i]Go, go and fight your devil.[/i][/center] Yes... But then... What was his wish? What did he say? He did not remember in the end. But none of that would matter for Diavolo, who awaited him on the other side. [/indent] [center]...and the pact has been sealed (a known contractor has been added to the registry!). [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24418272][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/244183/24418272p.png[/img][/url] [i]Giorno[/i] @pokemoncha [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2593443][img]https://i.imgur.com/hC0oysb.png[/img][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/3345/f/2016/277/d/f/shadowshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul49.png[/img][/url] [/center] ----- [center][size=2]@RhythmSong @StarlitMoonlight @EclipseMirror @nerdynyabbs @Annoyed[/center][/size]
arcane_shield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajun3p.png
hC0oysb.png

One moment Diavolo, and the cathedral grounds the next. The nausea of the shift seeped beyond the core of the body and into the air itself--a heavy, sluggishly sweet vertigo that seemed to permeate into everything it touched. It was no illusion, but nor did it seem like reality either. Beckoning words, after all, held power, no matter who it calls. Giorno's earnest desire had brought the two worlds closer for better or for worse.

Time, however, was not frozen for Giorno. The adrenaline still coursed through his veins as much as it did just a moment ago. His blood still dripped and splattered about, and the ground beneath him drank deeply. He must move forward. The world seemed to urge him--Go, go to the cathedral doors. To its looming tower with its golden bell. Go and make his wish. He could not stay here. The ground would drink him dry should he continue to be so generous.

The stone doors gave with a start. They creaked heavily and shook with layers of dust and dirt. As if no one had ever been--but that was not true. It was only that... this particular cathedral belonged to him, and him alone. This instance was made for him and his wish; and it bade him deeper towards its honeyed womb. A passing breeze brushed coolly over his pearl, giving it a dull, slick sheen like a beast tasting its prey.

Within lay the sunset glow of rich colors fragmented by glass--and the towering thing at its center. The Ravenghast.

Come, come and make your wish. The world sang.
You wish for xxx?
Though he could hear its unspoken words within his heart, his mind could not make them out exactly. He could only know it by instinct alone. What... did it say he wished for? Try as he might, he still couldn't understand; but it continued to echo in the recess of his being nevertheless. It made blood rise and skin crawl, but there was also something... something about it. Is it what he wished for? As much as one would try to dwell and decipher, these thoughts would only loop senselessly back without an answer.
You will have it.
Black tendrils wrapped around him and his pearl, only just. It did not touch him, but merely guided him along, pulling lightly for him to come closer to its altar where he could see a stray black wisp gently tracing a clawed finger around the indent in a deliciously slow manner. There was no denying what it was for--his pearl.
Almost there.

What transpired between one moment and the next occurred as a spontaneous jump in time. His pearl was now suddenly present atop the altar. But Giorno did not recall placing it there. Yet he was stood back now, watching the scene before him unfold. He did not remember uttering words of wishes. No telling of story. No baring of his heart. One moment he was walking forward, and the next, well--None of it made any sense, but it was clear that it was too late to take any of it back. A decision was made, whether it was one that he made or not, this he did not know. It was difficult not to feel sick with dread and suspicion.
3USjIMB.png
An arcane circle flickers to life beneath Giorno as the Ravenghast tilts its head back, hungrily swallowing the pearl whole.
He could feel the power coursing about him. It was no lie. His surroundings were black and webbed with raven magic. It wove round and round him, like a spidery cocoon. And like the spider, he would feel a set of fangs sink within him, punching a hole in the surface of his flesh, allowing the magic to follow suit in a sudden rush.

The vengeful nature of his heart was strong. His desire to kill, and kill again. It was insatiable. This was not the ghast, but his own. The blackest, raw reaches of his heart, and his earnest wish to "slay the devil," so to speak.

Death once was not enough. Death again, too early still. More, and more. Where would it end, he never wished for. Only a beginning that would never conclude. A song nearing the end, but never a finale. The taste of fear, of pain, of the inevitable--and the release that would tease, but never follow. Again, and again, the clock would set to zero as life and death toggled between one another with a flitting and most frustrating set of whimsy.

And just like that.

Giorno was released from "the dream" where he would return from whence he came to distort the threads of time and fate. His memories gone, his existence an anomaly, and all-in-all, he is wholly misplaced.
Go, go and fight your devil.

Yes...
But then...
What was his wish?
What did he say?
He did not remember in the end.
But none of that would matter for Diavolo, who awaited him on the other side.
...and the pact has been sealed (a known contractor has been added to the registry!).

24418272p.png
Giorno
@pokemoncha

hC0oysb.png
shadowshield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul49.png

@Viviwren i had to sit there for a moment to take in the utter greatness of that writing. thank you so much!
@Viviwren i had to sit there for a moment to take in the utter greatness of that writing. thank you so much!
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
@pokemoncha

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Definitely refresh the page and give it another glance over. I tend to make minor adjustments after posting, especially to change up the flow of things if only subtly. It was very fun for me as well! Thank you.

Also, if you're interested there is a self-adding pinglist for the Ravenghast that you can sign up for, and you'll get pinged for every wish update. I also tend to write in little clues about the Ravenghast from time to time, and plan to include more in the future.
@pokemoncha

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Definitely refresh the page and give it another glance over. I tend to make minor adjustments after posting, especially to change up the flow of things if only subtly. It was very fun for me as well! Thank you.

Also, if you're interested there is a self-adding pinglist for the Ravenghast that you can sign up for, and you'll get pinged for every wish update. I also tend to write in little clues about the Ravenghast from time to time, and plan to include more in the future.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16