Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Closed] Letters to Chickweed
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30468882] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/304689/30468882_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]Dear Chickweed, Clan Caraway sounds like a delightful place. I am always interested in clans which maintain the traditional culture of their Flight. Your ghost stories sound fascinating- do you remember any? As for your luck traditions, have you noticed any particular impact stemming from them? Several of my colleagues have a vested interest in spirits, especially those of the Windswept Plateau. As for my own clan, Paradox is a rather... unorthodox place. Due to a number of magical anomalies, we are slightly disjointed from the rest of Sornieth's space and time. While we still interact with those outside our borders (as evidenced by this correspondence), the passage of time does not always correlate with that of our neighbors. In addition, many of our residents are dragons who have fallen through from the past, the future, or even a parallel reality. Of course, with such varied stories, our clan has also become a haven for scholars and scientists. This brings me to the topic of our Library. We are not entirely sure how the building arrived- its design seems closest to the architecture of the Sunbeam Ruins, but it remains in impeccable condition and is constructed of materials that seem unusual for the Light Flight. While it was stocked with many books upon our discovery of it, several scholars (including myself) have decided to dedicate ourselves to both increasing its inventory and cataloging its preexisting contents. My research has primarily focused on the histories of the fellow Clans of Sornieth, preserving their tales and traditions for future generations. In addition, my research provides test points for those in the Clan who have chosen to meddle with time travel, though that line of research has so far shown little consistent results. I understand some of your frustration with instructing hatchlings- while most of the students I encounter are of an older age range, their inquiries and habits can be quite disruptive. My fellow researchers are usually able to deflect the worst of them, but some of them still insist on poking their snouts into cursed tomes and the like. As a matter of fact, someone managed to get stuck in the eldritch literature section just this morning. Several of the more combat-focused dragons of the clan are attempting to rescue him at the moment. I do hope he makes it out unscathed. Sending best wishes for both you and your Clan, Sincerely, Wesley Paradox Clan Starfall Isles[/quote]

30468882_350.png

Quote:
Dear Chickweed,

Clan Caraway sounds like a delightful place. I am always interested in clans which maintain the traditional culture of their Flight. Your ghost stories sound fascinating- do you remember any? As for your luck traditions, have you noticed any particular impact stemming from them? Several of my colleagues have a vested interest in spirits, especially those of the Windswept Plateau.

As for my own clan, Paradox is a rather... unorthodox place. Due to a number of magical anomalies, we are slightly disjointed from the rest of Sornieth's space and time. While we still interact with those outside our borders (as evidenced by this correspondence), the passage of time does not always correlate with that of our neighbors. In addition, many of our residents are dragons who have fallen through from the past, the future, or even a parallel reality. Of course, with such varied stories, our clan has also become a haven for scholars and scientists.

This brings me to the topic of our Library. We are not entirely sure how the building arrived- its design seems closest to the architecture of the Sunbeam Ruins, but it remains in impeccable condition and is constructed of materials that seem unusual for the Light Flight. While it was stocked with many books upon our discovery of it, several scholars (including myself) have decided to dedicate ourselves to both increasing its inventory and cataloging its preexisting contents. My research has primarily focused on the histories of the fellow Clans of Sornieth, preserving their tales and traditions for future generations. In addition, my research provides test points for those in the Clan who have chosen to meddle with time travel, though that line of research has so far shown little consistent results.

I understand some of your frustration with instructing hatchlings- while most of the students I encounter are of an older age range, their inquiries and habits can be quite disruptive. My fellow researchers are usually able to deflect the worst of them, but some of them still insist on poking their snouts into cursed tomes and the like. As a matter of fact, someone managed to get stuck in the eldritch literature section just this morning. Several of the more combat-focused dragons of the clan are attempting to rescue him at the moment. I do hope he makes it out unscathed.

Sending best wishes for both you and your Clan,

Sincerely,

Wesley
Paradox Clan
Starfall Isles

NHCZe8E.gifnMkuik2.gifwO1H58F.gif
@CosmicFalcon [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Cassiopeia, As a matter of fact, I do have some dragons I call friends. Whether or not I am friendly with them is another matter, but I have a few allies that have been relocating me from place to place as need arises. First and foremost is [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=46165599]Chiron[/url], an idealistic young dragon who got me into this mess in the first place. In an attempt to make up for it, he’s kept hidden all over the continent, but I‘ve decided that it’s not enough. If he wants my forgiveness, he’s going to have to work harder than that. And of course, there’s [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=44504381]Marcello[/url], my new pet. He’s a skittish young drake, but when I picked him up in Dragonhome a number of months ago, I decided to keep him. I’ve been needing a strong back to carry my books for me, and I don’t think I’ll be letting him go any time soon. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@CosmicFalcon
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Cassiopeia,

As a matter of fact, I do have some dragons I call friends. Whether or not I am friendly with them is another matter, but I have a few allies that have been relocating me from place to place as need arises.

First and foremost is Chiron, an idealistic young dragon who got me into this mess in the first place. In an attempt to make up for it, he’s kept hidden all over the continent, but I‘ve decided that it’s not enough. If he wants my forgiveness, he’s going to have to work harder than that.

And of course, there’s Marcello, my new pet. He’s a skittish young drake, but when I picked him up in Dragonhome a number of months ago, I decided to keep him. I’ve been needing a strong back to carry my books for me, and I don’t think I’ll be letting him go any time soon.

Sincerely,

Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@minree [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Trelley, It took me a moment to realized why I was sneezing so much after opening your letter. The pepper was a nice touch, if a little fiery for my taste. I admit, I’m not much of a cook, but I do remember a simple dish from my home clan, though the memory is distant. I’ll to my best to remember it for you. [center]— [b]Clan Caraway’s Tea and Honey Muffins[/b] [u]Ingredients: [/u] [item= grassland grain] [item= honeycomb fragment][item= Granny Smith apple][item= dandelion seeds][item= Pelagas Feathers][item= cinnamon][item= amber algae] [u]Instructions:[/u] ??? — [/center] I can’t remember the exact proportions, but I’m sure an accomplished cook like yourself can figure it out. To my memory, it was baked in a sun oven for around a half hour, but I’m sure you can substitute that for a nice clay kiln and a willing dragon from the Fire Flight. That is, if you have any of those deep within your dead Imperial. Fortunately, my pet assistant Marcello is a fair hand at cooking. I consulted him, and he gave me a more complex recipe from the Ashfall Waste. They tend to like their food rather spicy, so you’re in luck! [center]— [b]Marcello’s Stuffed Peppers with Cindermint [/b] [u]Ingredients[/u] [left] [item= blacktongue pepper], as many as you need for your guests 2 [item= potato onion], chopped About the same amount of [item= cindershroom] A generous clawfull of [item= spinach] As much [item= quinoa] as you think your meat eaters will handle A pound of the meat of your choice (though Marcello insists that [item= searing bunny] is the best match) [item= salt] (to taste) [item= cindermint] (to taste)[/left] A [item= speckled Fire lily] may be added as a garnish. [u]Instructions:[/u] Begin by preparing the peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the core (but set the seeds if extra spice is desired). Bake in a large dish for around ten minutes (not until soft) and set aside. While the peppers are baking, dry sauté the vegetables and salt together four around ten minutes or until they are tender to the tooth. Then add the meat of your choice and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add the cindermint if desired and cook for another minute. If the mixture looks dry, you may add water or a broth of your choice. Remove from the heat and scoop the mixture into the finished peppers, and let them bake on a low temperature for another half hour or until the peppers are tender and serve immediately. —[/center] I hope this was satisfactory to your hungry dragons. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.S. How on earth did your clan manage to get inside of an emperor of all things?! Are you all victims of the beast? Do tell before you are completely digested. [/quote]
@minree
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Trelley,

It took me a moment to realized why I was sneezing so much after opening your letter. The pepper was a nice touch, if a little fiery for my taste.

I admit, I’m not much of a cook, but I do remember a simple dish from my home clan, though the memory is distant. I’ll to my best to remember it for you.

Clan Caraway’s Tea and Honey Muffins

Ingredients:
Grassland Grain Honeycomb Fragment Granny Smith Apple Dandelion Seeds Pelagas Feathers Cinnamon Amber Algae

Instructions:
???

I can’t remember the exact proportions, but I’m sure an accomplished cook like yourself can figure it out. To my memory, it was baked in a sun oven for around a half hour, but I’m sure you can substitute that for a nice clay kiln and a willing dragon from the Fire Flight. That is, if you have any of those deep within your dead Imperial.

Fortunately, my pet assistant Marcello is a fair hand at cooking. I consulted him, and he gave me a more complex recipe from the Ashfall Waste. They tend to like their food rather spicy, so you’re in luck!

Marcello’s Stuffed Peppers with Cindermint

Ingredients
Blacktongue Pepper , as many as you need for your guests
2 Potato Onion , chopped
About the same amount of Cindershroom
A generous clawfull of Spinach
As much Quinoa as you think your meat eaters will handle
A pound of the meat of your choice (though Marcello insists that Searing Bunny is the best match)
Salt (to taste)
Cindermint (to taste)

A Speckled Fire Lily may be added as a garnish.

Instructions:

Begin by preparing the peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the core (but set the seeds if extra spice is desired). Bake in a large dish for around ten minutes (not until soft) and set aside.

While the peppers are baking, dry sauté the vegetables and salt together four around ten minutes or until they are tender to the tooth. Then add the meat of your choice and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add the cindermint if desired and cook for another minute. If the mixture looks dry, you may add water or a broth of your choice.

Remove from the heat and scoop the mixture into the finished peppers, and let them bake on a low temperature for another half hour or until the peppers are tender and serve immediately.

I hope this was satisfactory to your hungry dragons.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.S. How on earth did your clan manage to get inside of an emperor of all things?! Are you all victims of the beast? Do tell before you are completely digested.
7hN3sEu.png
@browncoatparadox [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Wesley, It sounds as though Clan Paradox truly lives up to its name, though it does make me wonder if my letter will arrive soon, given the strange nature of time in your area. If I ever escape from my current predicament, I think that I’ll do my best to find this library of yours, if it is even possible. I’d love to delve into a library filled with books that weren’t placed by any known dragon. I’d love to see what they compiled. As for the traditions of my home Clan, I’m not sure if they will be of much help to your scholar friends. As far as I could tell, there wasn’t any real results from their fascination with luck. It seemed to comfort and excite the other dragons, though, so I never intervened. My own parents hailed from outside the Clan, so we didn’t have any Flight specific traditions of our own, and I often found the luck rituals alienating. My most vivid memory was when a friend of mine insisted that there was what he called a “faceless kitsune” out in the bamboo. According to him, if you managed to catch the kitsune, she would offer a riddle to solve. If you answered it correctly, she would grant a wish. If you failed, she would devour everything that created your identity. Your name, your face, even the memory of your existence. Sometimes my friend would take me out at night to hunt for the faceless kitsune, but we never found anything. The closest thing to an actual spirit (or whatever it is) is trapped inside of a glass globe. An acquaintance of mine carries it around in her coat and speaks to it, but I suppose that’s a story for another day. Best of luck with your research. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@browncoatparadox
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Wesley,

It sounds as though Clan Paradox truly lives up to its name, though it does make me wonder if my letter will arrive soon, given the strange nature of time in your area. If I ever escape from my current predicament, I think that I’ll do my best to find this library of yours, if it is even possible. I’d love to delve into a library filled with books that weren’t placed by any known dragon. I’d love to see what they compiled.

As for the traditions of my home Clan, I’m not sure if they will be of much help to your scholar friends. As far as I could tell, there wasn’t any real results from their fascination with luck. It seemed to comfort and excite the other dragons, though, so I never intervened. My own parents hailed from outside the Clan, so we didn’t have any Flight specific traditions of our own, and I often found the luck rituals alienating.

My most vivid memory was when a friend of mine insisted that there was what he called a “faceless kitsune” out in the bamboo. According to him, if you managed to catch the kitsune, she would offer a riddle to solve. If you answered it correctly, she would grant a wish. If you failed, she would devour everything that created your identity. Your name, your face, even the memory of your existence. Sometimes my friend would take me out at night to hunt for the faceless kitsune, but we never found anything.

The closest thing to an actual spirit (or whatever it is) is trapped inside of a glass globe. An acquaintance of mine carries it around in her coat and speaks to it, but I suppose that’s a story for another day.

Best of luck with your research.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=48971386][img]http://i64.tinypic.com/2ag7p4z.gif[/img][/url] this time, there's no pepper. however, the note's sticky in some places. [quote]To Chickweed, thanks for the recipes! I'm gonna try making the stuffed peppers tonight. I've also been trying to figure out the muffins, making a huge mess in the process. At least the huge mess tastes good, I guess. It's a pain to clean up, though..... So, you wanna know about the Emperor we live in. Well….. I’m not really the right person to ask about that. The extent of my knowledge is that it was given the name [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=42768285]Oilspill[/url] and it’s dead. Which helps in not being digested. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=44992232]Aurora[/url] killed the thing (she’s REALLY good at fighting. I think killing big nasty things like Emperors is her job. Like, she could probably beat up a DEITY.) The only one who got killed by Oily is [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=347157&tab=dragon&did=47723098]Dil[/url]. Well, I think others got killed but Dil’s the only one who stuck around as a ghost and lives in the clan. Yeah, that’s all I know. I’m pretty new to the clan. I’ll ask Dil. Dil said this (I’m using her exact words here). “How Oily became the auroraframe? Awright, I’ll tell ya! So Aurora goes and does her magic slicey killing thing and then Oily’s all dead. An’ I pop up to say thanks and all that and she FREAKS OUT. Which I guess makes sense since, yknow, ghost dragon. Then I’m all ‘Hey! What if we made this thing like some traveling base or something!’ And Aurora’s all ‘that’s pretty weird but okay I guess’ and so I use my ice magic to deep-freeze Oily’s insides and Aurora does SOMETHING all arcane-y and BAM! You can live in it. Pretty cool, huh?” I asked Aurora if she had actually freaked out when she first saw Dil and she adamantly denied it. I’m pretty sure she did actually freak out. We’re going to the Shattered Plain next. Hope we can keep writing. -Trelley[/quote]
2ag7p4z.gif
this time, there's no pepper. however, the note's sticky in some places.
Quote:
To Chickweed,
thanks for the recipes! I'm gonna try making the stuffed peppers tonight. I've also been trying to figure out the muffins, making a huge mess in the process. At least the huge mess tastes good, I guess. It's a pain to clean up, though.....
So, you wanna know about the Emperor we live in. Well….. I’m not really the right person to ask about that. The extent of my knowledge is that it was given the name Oilspill and it’s dead. Which helps in not being digested. Aurora killed the thing (she’s REALLY good at fighting. I think killing big nasty things like Emperors is her job. Like, she could probably beat up a DEITY.) The only one who got killed by Oily is Dil. Well, I think others got killed but Dil’s the only one who stuck around as a ghost and lives in the clan. Yeah, that’s all I know. I’m pretty new to the clan. I’ll ask Dil.
Dil said this (I’m using her exact words here).
“How Oily became the auroraframe? Awright, I’ll tell ya! So Aurora goes and does her magic slicey killing thing and then Oily’s all dead. An’ I pop up to say thanks and all that and she FREAKS OUT. Which I guess makes sense since, yknow, ghost dragon. Then I’m all ‘Hey! What if we made this thing like some traveling base or something!’ And Aurora’s all ‘that’s pretty weird but okay I guess’ and so I use my ice magic to deep-freeze Oily’s insides and Aurora does SOMETHING all arcane-y and BAM! You can live in it. Pretty cool, huh?”
I asked Aurora if she had actually freaked out when she first saw Dil and she adamantly denied it. I’m pretty sure she did actually freak out.
We’re going to the Shattered Plain next. Hope we can keep writing.
-Trelley
indigo game boy advance with a blinking eye on the screen game boy advance logo indigo game boy advance with a blinking eye on the screen

they/them | fr + 17 | bio + graphics | 3d model adopts
@minree [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote] Dear Trelley, So it seems that you were not devoured by the beast, though I’m sure you’ve given other dragons quite the fright driving your massive Emporer around. If I ever get out of my situation, I must plan a visit. (If your Aurora wouldn’t attack me on site, that is. She sounds like a frightening individual.) Do you ever use your massive dead Emperor to intimidate other Clans out of their territory? Or out of their resources at least? It seems like most logical option to me. Good luck in your travels and wrangling your ghost dragons. My, what an exciting adventure! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@minree
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Trelley,

So it seems that you were not devoured by the beast, though I’m sure you’ve given other dragons quite the fright driving your massive Emporer around. If I ever get out of my situation, I must plan a visit. (If your Aurora wouldn’t attack me on site, that is. She sounds like a frightening individual.)

Do you ever use your massive dead Emperor to intimidate other Clans out of their territory? Or out of their resources at least? It seems like most logical option to me.

Good luck in your travels and wrangling your ghost dragons. My, what an exciting adventure!

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@TheShanar (There is a simple drawing of two human looking beings. The red one looks like shouting at the blue one hugging his legs. One in red is angry at the one in blue ink. The red one's words are "WHEN YOU WILL LEARN THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES?!" There is also a note written in black: "Sorry about the drawing. Gonna need some coping from my anger.) [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/414386/41438595p.png[/img][/center] [quote=Dante Wrote:] Dear Chickweed, Hey there! Long time, no reply! Do you remember me? The death metal dude that send you some tapes? Sorry about me not replying your last letter. I was busy at the time I've got your letter. Basically, a Sornieth-wide tour (it was great!) and some space travel which I'm gotta tell ya here. So I have a thing to confess to ya. I just killed my brother and I never feel no remorse about that guy even though I don't plan to kill him. "How?", you might ask. Basically, I came back to my home planet in a clever disguise with my transhifter. That disguise was my sister-in-law's original form, including her jewelery. I arrived there and my people were celebrating for my "return" there. My brother checked it out and he was happy to see his "wife" back from "such filthy rebels" and returned to purity. To celebrate that day, my brother threw a massive party with the rest of Council members and the nobles. Before the renewing of vows, I decided to go to the master bedroom and removed all of the jewelery. The ceremony became awkward as they were waiting for his "wife" to come back to the ballroom area. Brother stomped off and tried to find me. Then, he saw me (still as his ex-wife) sleeping with all of my SIL's jewelery on the nightstand and rolled me out of the bed. Fortunately, I hold my transhifter so my disguise won't throw off. He shouted at me and kicked me. I shouted back and told him the bad stuff. In my defense, I whacked him with one of the glass statuettes on the nearby nightstand on his head. He lived for a few minutes before he died. The people heard it and some came to see the aftermath. Some are horrified and some are... fascinated. They were fascinated because they wanted to know all of the bad things their Councilor did. I removed the disguise and revealed to them that I was his brother and removed my mask to reveal it all. They were glad to see me the true heir back. So, that's for the story part. About your resentment to anyone better than you... I feel you. Even I'm a royal, I still thought I wasn't that good. The reason why I play the bass instead of a guitar is because I thought I suck at guitar. People thought I was better at playing a guitar than my guitarist friend. I don't think that. It sucks that happens to us. [right]Yours Truly, Dante of Rotting Skulls[/right][/quote]
@TheShanar

(There is a simple drawing of two human looking beings. The red one looks like shouting at the blue one hugging his legs. One in red is angry at the one in blue ink. The red one's words are "WHEN YOU WILL LEARN THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES?!"

There is also a note written in black: "Sorry about the drawing. Gonna need some coping from my anger.)
41438595p.png
Dante Wrote: wrote:
Dear Chickweed,

Hey there! Long time, no reply! Do you remember me? The death metal dude that send you some tapes? Sorry about me not replying your last letter. I was busy at the time I've got your letter. Basically, a Sornieth-wide tour (it was great!) and some space travel which I'm gotta tell ya here.

So I have a thing to confess to ya. I just killed my brother and I never feel no remorse about that guy even though I don't plan to kill him. "How?", you might ask. Basically, I came back to my home planet in a clever disguise with my transhifter. That disguise was my sister-in-law's original form, including her jewelery. I arrived there and my people were celebrating for my "return" there. My brother checked it out and he was happy to see his "wife" back from "such filthy rebels" and returned to purity.

To celebrate that day, my brother threw a massive party with the rest of Council members and the nobles. Before the renewing of vows, I decided to go to the master bedroom and removed all of the jewelery. The ceremony became awkward as they were waiting for his "wife" to come back to the ballroom area. Brother stomped off and tried to find me.

Then, he saw me (still as his ex-wife) sleeping with all of my SIL's jewelery on the nightstand and rolled me out of the bed. Fortunately, I hold my transhifter so my disguise won't throw off. He shouted at me and kicked me. I shouted back and told him the bad stuff. In my defense, I whacked him with one of the glass statuettes on the nearby nightstand on his head. He lived for a few minutes before he died.

The people heard it and some came to see the aftermath. Some are horrified and some are... fascinated. They were fascinated because they wanted to know all of the bad things their Councilor did. I removed the disguise and revealed to them that I was his brother and removed my mask to reveal it all. They were glad to see me the true heir back.

So, that's for the story part. About your resentment to anyone better than you... I feel you. Even I'm a royal, I still thought I wasn't that good. The reason why I play the bass instead of a guitar is because I thought I suck at guitar. People thought I was better at playing a guitar than my guitarist friend. I don't think that. It sucks that happens to us.
Yours Truly,
Dante of Rotting Skulls
O2CQckQ.png8uFuUMu.png
@MettatonsLegs [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Dante, I offer you my most heartfelt congratulations! There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a completed revenge quest, and there was a certain amount of artfulness in the way he was blugeoned to death by you, his brother, disguised as his ex-wife. Poetry, I tell you. Poetry. With your brother dead, does that mean that you will inherit his title and go off to live on your alien planet? Surly they need a leader with him dead. Are you officially the Councilor of your country now? Should I address you as Your Majesty? In any case, your death metal tapes have become something of a staple in my little den, expecially since they drown out the jungle chatter. It’s made my lair a more peaceful, ironically. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@MettatonsLegs
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Dante,

I offer you my most heartfelt congratulations! There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a completed revenge quest, and there was a certain amount of artfulness in the way he was blugeoned to death by you, his brother, disguised as his ex-wife. Poetry, I tell you. Poetry.

With your brother dead, does that mean that you will inherit his title and go off to live on your alien planet? Surly they need a leader with him dead. Are you officially the Councilor of your country now? Should I address you as Your Majesty?

In any case, your death metal tapes have become something of a staple in my little den, expecially since they drown out the jungle chatter. It’s made my lair a more peaceful, ironically.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@Alew [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=450] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5/450_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]A heartfelt letter, it smells faintly of lavender perfume and chai tea.[/i][/center] [quote]Dear Chickweed, I found a few of your letters scattered in the Sunbeam Ruins, needless to say our entire lair is a fan of your literature. I'm writing to you today because, well, I'm old. Well, I'm not exactly the oldest but I haven't aged well. My once dazzling mane now frizzes and blocks the sun, the beautifully manicured nails break at the sight of wood, my scales are dry and brittle, and please excuse the wrinkles. The Titans have recognized my age and gifted me with Wings so I may fly and see the world.. however I have trouble taking flight. I find myself clinging to branches, afraid to look down or up. When I was younger I would soar to the highest peaks and rest amongst the clouds. My greed surpassed my maturity. I tried to reach the stars, and well, I crashed severely. I was able to recover from the losses but I'm afraid to take another chance. Its now been years and I'm still fluttering from branch to branch, despite having two sets of Wings to save me. I'm old, well not too old, but I feel too old to start over. How can I find it within to take flight again? With grace, Matriarch[/quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2279574] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/22796/2279574_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]This letter appears to be written on ...cardboard?[/i][/center] [quote]Dear Chickweed, I am Lucanus, true Emporer of the reggae clan. I have been here since the beginning and remember fondly of Rilmarion, a dragon that used to exist within our realm. Now you see, they say he was exalted but I know otherwise. Its my men! I order them out to the coliseum weekly however they have yet to come back with any goods. I think they're sitting on the sidelines not participating in battle. I have fed my men the finest Wendigo haunches and they refuse to collect eggs. Eggs, you see, that could hatch an Imperial! They call me mad and refuse to follow my orders. They are traitors conspiring against their devout leader. Rilmarion was a koi Imperial. Kois are fishes that hatch from eggs, Imperials hatch from eggs. I suspect Koikiri is behind this, he's his cousin twice removed after all. I never suspected another Imperial could be so sinister. He must be in there, somewhere. Defend my righteous pride. Imperials come from eggs, don't they? No hogwash about scrolls either, I am Lucanus, I am always right. Sincerely yours, Lucanus [/quote] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/66/6596_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Finally, at the bottom of the envelope is a small, balled up paper.[/i][/center] [quote][center]i read your letters at bedtime [emoji=clownfish size=1] they make me happy. i dew dis 4 u [img]https://i.imgur.com/tVplCj6.png[/img][/center] miniAmour [/quote]
@Alew

450_350.png

A heartfelt letter, it smells faintly of lavender perfume and chai tea.
Quote:
Dear Chickweed,

I found a few of your letters scattered in the Sunbeam Ruins, needless to say our entire lair is a fan of your literature.

I'm writing to you today because, well, I'm old. Well, I'm not exactly the oldest but I haven't aged well. My once dazzling mane now frizzes and blocks the sun, the beautifully manicured nails break at the sight of wood, my scales are dry and brittle, and please excuse the wrinkles. The Titans have recognized my age and gifted me with Wings so I may fly and see the world.. however I have trouble taking flight. I find myself clinging to branches, afraid to look down or up.

When I was younger I would soar to the highest peaks and rest amongst the clouds. My greed surpassed my maturity. I tried to reach the stars, and well, I crashed severely. I was able to recover from the losses but I'm afraid to take another chance. Its now been years and I'm still fluttering from branch to branch, despite having two sets of Wings to save me.

I'm old, well not too old, but I feel too old to start over.

How can I find it within to take flight again?

With grace,
Matriarch

2279574_350.png

This letter appears to be written on ...cardboard?
Quote:
Dear Chickweed,

I am Lucanus, true Emporer of the reggae clan. I have been here since the beginning and remember fondly of Rilmarion, a dragon that used to exist within our realm. Now you see, they say he was exalted but I know otherwise.

Its my men! I order them out to the coliseum weekly however they have yet to come back with any goods. I think they're sitting on the sidelines not participating in battle. I have fed my men the finest Wendigo haunches and they refuse to collect eggs. Eggs, you see, that could hatch an Imperial! They call me mad and refuse to follow my orders. They are traitors conspiring against their devout leader. Rilmarion was a koi Imperial. Kois are fishes that hatch from eggs, Imperials hatch from eggs. I suspect Koikiri is behind this, he's his cousin twice removed after all. I never suspected another Imperial could be so sinister.

He must be in there, somewhere. Defend my righteous pride. Imperials come from eggs, don't they? No hogwash about scrolls either, I am Lucanus, I am always right.

Sincerely yours,
Lucanus

6596_350.png

Finally, at the bottom of the envelope is a small, balled up paper.
Quote:
i read your letters at bedtime they make me happy. i dew dis 4 u
tVplCj6.png
miniAmour
@Reggae [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Matriarch, It’s difficult for a flighted dragon to remain land bound, and I do pity your situation. I haven’t had the opportunity to stretch my wings for the past few months, and it’s been frustrating enough. Regarding your confidence in flight, I might respond with another question. Do you truly need to fly, or is it something that you and others expect of yourself simply because you’re a dragon, and dragons, and dragons are supposed to fly? If you can keep yourself perfectly happy on the ground, then do you really need to force yourself to do something you don’t want to do? It’s not worth it, in my opinion. Fear is binding, and it’s rarely broken. My pet assistant Marcello has been looking over my shoulder, pestering me, and telling me that I’m wrong. At his request, I’ll add his thoughts, if only to shut him up. He says that he had a fear of dark, closed spaces as a hatchling, and he began to avoid everything to the point that he didn’t want to enter his lair in the evenings. This went on until he realized was more afraid of his own fear that he was of actually being trapped. It was sensation of not being able to control his emotions, and exposing a weakness to others that he really shied away from the most. He had to remove the layer of being afraid of his own anxiety before he could actually face his fears, which he eventually did with the help of a friend. He also said that you could try practice flights over a body of water. In the chance that you do crash, there’s little fear of injuring yourself in the process. You can take that for what it’s worth. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear Lucanus, You didn’t expect another Imperial to be sinister? All dragons are sinister in some way or another, and it’s just a matter of finding out how and why. And it seems as though you’ve got quite the dilemma with the insubordination problem, but at least you’ve already identified the ringleader. It’s clear that you need to remove this Koikiri from the situation as soon as possible, preferably in a way that doesn’t martyr him. (Killing him in the night would be the most efficient solution, but could have unfortunately repercussions.) Consider what you know about him, and if there’s a way to disgrace him so he would lose respect in the eyes of your men. Still, there’s the matter of general insubordination. You say that you give your men the best Wendigo haunches, but perhaps that’s the mistake. You can’t go on rewarding dragons for poor behavior. Cut back the rations, take away the soft bedding and make them earn their comfort through grinding. Give the best rewards to the warriors who find eggs, and maybe even make it a competition. The fighters I know all seem to thrive on competition, which is likely why they became colli fighters in the first place. This can be factious in a community, but in this case, I believe the pros outweigh the cons. Best of luck finding Imperial eggs! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear miniAmour, My, that’s surprisingly sweet! I’d like to send you something, too. What are hatchlings into these days? There are a few interesting little plants around me, and perhaps you would appreciated a sketch of one. [IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2ezmsdg.png[/IMG] Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] (Folded between the paper are a few samples of pressed flowers) [item=jasmine] [item=blood spath] [item=fragrant orchid] P.s. do you mind if I put that adorable little doodle in Chickeed’s bio or on the front page of the thread? It’s absolutely delightful!
@Reggae
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Matriarch,

It’s difficult for a flighted dragon to remain land bound, and I do pity your situation. I haven’t had the opportunity to stretch my wings for the past few months, and it’s been frustrating enough.

Regarding your confidence in flight, I might respond with another question. Do you truly need to fly, or is it something that you and others expect of yourself simply because you’re a dragon, and dragons, and dragons are supposed to fly? If you can keep yourself perfectly happy on the ground, then do you really need to force yourself to do something you don’t want to do? It’s not worth it, in my opinion. Fear is binding, and it’s rarely broken.

My pet assistant Marcello has been looking over my shoulder, pestering me, and telling me that I’m wrong. At his request, I’ll add his thoughts, if only to shut him up. He says that he had a fear of dark, closed spaces as a hatchling, and he began to avoid everything to the point that he didn’t want to enter his lair in the evenings. This went on until he realized was more afraid of his own fear that he was of actually being trapped. It was sensation of not being able to control his emotions, and exposing a weakness to others that he really shied away from the most. He had to remove the layer of being afraid of his own anxiety before he could actually face his fears, which he eventually did with the help of a friend.

He also said that you could try practice flights over a body of water. In the chance that you do crash, there’s little fear of injuring yourself in the process. You can take that for what it’s worth.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear Lucanus,

You didn’t expect another Imperial to be sinister? All dragons are sinister in some way or another, and it’s just a matter of finding out how and why.

And it seems as though you’ve got quite the dilemma with the insubordination problem, but at least you’ve already identified the ringleader. It’s clear that you need to remove this Koikiri from the situation as soon as possible, preferably in a way that doesn’t martyr him. (Killing him in the night would be the most efficient solution, but could have unfortunately repercussions.) Consider what you know about him, and if there’s a way to disgrace him so he would lose respect in the eyes of your men.

Still, there’s the matter of general insubordination. You say that you give your men the best Wendigo haunches, but perhaps that’s the mistake. You can’t go on rewarding dragons for poor behavior. Cut back the rations, take away the soft bedding and make them earn their comfort through grinding. Give the best rewards to the warriors who find eggs, and maybe even make it a competition. The fighters I know all seem to thrive on competition, which is likely why they became colli fighters in the first place. This can be factious in a community, but in this case, I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

Best of luck finding Imperial eggs!

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear miniAmour,

My, that’s surprisingly sweet! I’d like to send you something, too. What are hatchlings into these days? There are a few interesting little plants around me, and perhaps you would appreciated a sketch of one.
2ezmsdg.png

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
(Folded between the paper are a few samples of pressed flowers)
Jasmine Blood Spath Fragrant Orchid

P.s. do you mind if I put that adorable little doodle in Chickeed’s bio or on the front page of the thread? It’s absolutely delightful!
7hN3sEu.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14