Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Closed] Letters to Chickweed
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46497317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/464974/46497317.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote] Dear Chickweed, That does make sense, I suppose the entire fact that you wrote that you were bored managed to slip my mind while I was writing. Forgetting something that quickly is on par with some of the tundras of my clan. I did try some of your advice, my workspace gets cluttered quite easily so all I had to do was keep it that way and many of the dragons had left after tripping on something a few times. The hatchlings are still persistent though. I'm not sure scattering broken glass on the floor would go down well with their parents or the leaders. Anything change where you're at? I'd love to hear stories of whats happened in other clans recently. Staring at old books all day can get repetitive Sincerely, Sea [/quote]
Quote:
Dear Chickweed,
That does make sense, I suppose the entire fact that you wrote that you were bored managed to slip my mind while I was writing. Forgetting something that quickly is on par with some of the tundras of my clan.

I did try some of your advice, my workspace gets cluttered quite easily so all I had to do was keep it that way and many of the dragons had left after tripping on something a few times.
The hatchlings are still persistent though. I'm not sure scattering broken glass on the floor would go down well with their parents or the leaders.

Anything change where you're at? I'd love to hear stories of whats happened in other clans recently. Staring at old books all day can get repetitive

Sincerely,
Sea

Taiga
He/Him
+3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.png jPdGQf9.gif PaI4dmB.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48399335] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483994/48399335_350.png[/img] [/url] [Quote=Radnov][color=#0A3D67][font=courier new]...Dear Chickweed. ...I have a problem these days. ...Because I can't focus on studying. ...So I looked up the cause, I realized that studying did not achieve much. ...How can I solve it? ...2019.3.31, 7:35 pm. ...Your truly, ...Radnov.[/font][/color][/quote]

48399335_350.png

Radnov wrote:
...Dear Chickweed.

...I have a problem these days.
...Because I can't focus on studying.
...So I looked up the cause, I realized that studying did not achieve much.
...How can I solve it?

...2019.3.31, 7:35 pm.

...Your truly,
...Radnov.
MjNjJE0.jpg button_deviantart_by_dogi_crimson-da73zt5.gifLS1h8hn.gifdeity_plaguebringer_by_dogi_crimson-daayujd.gif
LD9ESly.gif
@TheShanar [quote=Dante Wrote:] Dear, Chickweed Very true, Chickweed. I guess I have to thank the odds about being born in a royal family. Of course, being a royal child is hard especially if you were supposedly the heir for the throne. But it still has its perks including learning some music. I'm glad that you really like the music I've sent to you. It wasn't me who suggested that tape though. Rather it was my friend, Monty who suggested it. She has more tapes from other bands than I do. Don't worry about it being stolen, Monty really intended to send some of these tapes because she has too many. I thought the same when I first saw a human. They might be scared at dragons at first but this human I've shown. He is brave enough to face a dragon especially a big one like me or other imperials. Don't worry, he is not hostile unless you try to kill him. For now, he is chilling there in our place as an imperial. About your first thoughts regarding hearing the word "human", that reminded me of Dunwich Horror, a short story by Lovecraft. In the story, there was some talk about a disease that turns dragons into scaly monsters in a town. [right]Yours Truly, Dante of Rotting Skulls[/right] [/quote]
@TheShanar
Dante Wrote: wrote:

Dear, Chickweed

Very true, Chickweed. I guess I have to thank the odds about being born in a royal family. Of course, being a royal child is hard especially if you were supposedly the heir for the throne. But it still has its perks including learning some music.

I'm glad that you really like the music I've sent to you. It wasn't me who suggested that tape though. Rather it was my friend, Monty who suggested it. She has more tapes from other bands than I do. Don't worry about it being stolen, Monty really intended to send some of these tapes because she has too many.

I thought the same when I first saw a human. They might be scared at dragons at first but this human I've shown. He is brave enough to face a dragon especially a big one like me or other imperials. Don't worry, he is not hostile unless you try to kill him. For now, he is chilling there in our place as an imperial. About your first thoughts regarding hearing the word "human", that reminded me of Dunwich Horror, a short story by Lovecraft. In the story, there was some talk about a disease that turns dragons into scaly monsters in a town.
Yours Truly,
Dante of Rotting Skulls
O2CQckQ.png8uFuUMu.png
@Hufflepuff3927 [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Tabra, I appreciate that you’ve rallied some of your friends to my cause. I’m sure that they’ll provide ample entertainment for the next few hours to come. Best of luck in the coliseum. I do hope that neither of you come out injured. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear Magus, In a perfect world, I would suggest that you convince your Evangeline to pick up her bow and shoot the two Skydancers herself. An arrow in the shoulder should convince them to shut their mouths and let her shoot as many arrows as she desires. However, it doesn’t sound that Evangeline is that sort of dragon. In this case, I actually quite like your original plan: cursing the pair of them into oblivion. But in order to avoid hurting Evangeline’s sensibilities, perhaps you can go about it in a more subtle way. I suggest that you antagonize the two Skydancers in question, insulting them where it hurts when others can’t hear you. Push them to retaliate. Then you can curse them in self defense. You get the satisfaction of punishing them yourself, and you can claim the moral high ground that you were simply defending yourself against two menaces. (Or, if you have enough treasure, you could pay them to keep their mouths shut. Gold is usually good enough to seal any dragon’s jaws.) Best of luck! Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote] [quote]Dear Levis and Aes, I would love to hear about the new device you have been working on. My technology is limited to a small heater, a sputtering gas lamp, and a number of ballpoint pens, so any kind of tech news would be delightful. At the moment, I don’t have access to a cat or mice, but I’m sure I can improvise. And Aes, if you ever do invent a working pair of steam-powered wings, I’d like to buy a share in the company. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.S. If you send instructions on how to detonate (and how to stop) any of your explosives, I’d like to keep a few around for security reasons. [/quote] [quote]Dear Veter, I appreciate that all of these messages have been sent right under your Clan Leader’s nose. I hope that you gain access to the outside world soon enough and release your stories on the world. If I can provide some measure of entertainment to you all, I’m pleased to participate. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway P.S. Don’t worry about getting my name right. I responded to everything from Caraway Chick to Mr. Weed. And sometimes “hey, you” when required. [/quote]
@Hufflepuff3927
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Tabra,

I appreciate that you’ve rallied some of your friends to my cause. I’m sure that they’ll provide ample entertainment for the next few hours to come.

Best of luck in the coliseum. I do hope that neither of you come out injured.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear Magus,

In a perfect world, I would suggest that you convince your Evangeline to pick up her bow and shoot the two Skydancers herself. An arrow in the shoulder should convince them to shut their mouths and let her shoot as many arrows as she desires.

However, it doesn’t sound that Evangeline is that sort of dragon. In this case, I actually quite like your original plan: cursing the pair of them into oblivion. But in order to avoid hurting Evangeline’s sensibilities, perhaps you can go about it in a more subtle way.

I suggest that you antagonize the two Skydancers in question, insulting them where it hurts when others can’t hear you. Push them to retaliate. Then you can curse them in self defense. You get the satisfaction of punishing them yourself, and you can claim the moral high ground that you were simply defending yourself against two menaces.

(Or, if you have enough treasure, you could pay them to keep their mouths shut. Gold is usually good enough to seal any dragon’s jaws.)

Best of luck!

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

Quote:
Dear Levis and Aes,

I would love to hear about the new device you have been working on. My technology is limited to a small heater, a sputtering gas lamp, and a number of ballpoint pens, so any kind of tech news would be delightful. At the moment, I don’t have access to a cat or mice, but I’m sure I can improvise.

And Aes, if you ever do invent a working pair of steam-powered wings, I’d like to buy a share in the company.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.S. If you send instructions on how to detonate (and how to stop) any of your explosives, I’d like to keep a few around for security reasons.

Quote:
Dear Veter,

I appreciate that all of these messages have been sent right under your Clan Leader’s nose. I hope that you gain access to the outside world soon enough and release your stories on the world.

If I can provide some measure of entertainment to you all, I’m pleased to participate.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway

P.S. Don’t worry about getting my name right. I responded to everything from Caraway Chick to Mr. Weed. And sometimes “hey, you” when required.
7hN3sEu.png
@GlitchedFox [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Rewind, Dragons and machines are complicated enough on their own, but when the lines begin to blur between them… that’s very unnerving. I hope that your automatons remain friendly. If your Coppercoil Creeper returns to you unnoticed and unharmed, I’d be delighted to hear aftermath. It the wake of your tale, perhaps you wont mind if I spin off another yarn. This involves an acquaintance of mine named [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=46625979]Ladora[/url]. I can’t say I’ve always gotten along with her, but she has a wealth of life experiences for one so young. Before he passed, her uncle was an avid collector of the strange and unusual, and young Ladora made it a goal to explore every corner of his collection. There were the usual things. Skeletons that didn’t match any known animals, glowing runestones, and of course, those taxidermy animals that move when they think no one is watching. No self respecting collector can do without those. Once, however, she came across something truly unusual. It was a globe filled with an ethereal pink mist that swirled around itself in complicated knots. In a collection of oddities, it didn’t stand out on its own, but when Ladora tapped the glass with her claw, it tapped back. Skeptical, Ladora tapped it again, twice in a row. The mist responded with two hard taps of its own. She tried again, and the mist responded. Then she addressed it directly. “If you can hear me, tap three times.” The mist did, and after a moment of consideration, Ladora tucked the globe into her satchel, and snuck it out under her uncle’s nose. She began to interrogate the curious mist and worked out a system of communication. Two taps meant yes, three meant no, four meant uncertainty, and a multitude of furious, fast taps meant that the thing didn’t want to answer the question and that she should stop asking right then. Through an elaborate game of twenty questions, she learned that the thing was: • A dragon • A small dragon • Not dead • Not a ghost • Male • Probably very old • Not evil (presumably) Ladora grew to trust the little creature in the globe and named him Vague (for obvious reasons). She even offered to smash the globe, but he began tapping furiously against the side in protest. She still has the globe, and she still asks him questions. Apparently. Vague doesn’t like to be put on display, but he agreed to meet me once. I asked him questions about magic (which I assume created him), and he immediately began rattling so furiously against the glass that Ladora had to put him away to calm him down. Apparently, he refuses to answer question about magic. Or family. Or anything useful that we could use to learn about his past. And I have to wonder what would happen if someone were to smash the globe. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@GlitchedFox
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Rewind,

Dragons and machines are complicated enough on their own, but when the lines begin to blur between them… that’s very unnerving. I hope that your automatons remain friendly. If your Coppercoil Creeper returns to you unnoticed and unharmed, I’d be delighted to hear aftermath.

It the wake of your tale, perhaps you wont mind if I spin off another yarn.

This involves an acquaintance of mine named Ladora. I can’t say I’ve always gotten along with her, but she has a wealth of life experiences for one so young.

Before he passed, her uncle was an avid collector of the strange and unusual, and young Ladora made it a goal to explore every corner of his collection. There were the usual things. Skeletons that didn’t match any known animals, glowing runestones, and of course, those taxidermy animals that move when they think no one is watching. No self respecting collector can do without those.

Once, however, she came across something truly unusual. It was a globe filled with an ethereal pink mist that swirled around itself in complicated knots. In a collection of oddities, it didn’t stand out on its own, but when Ladora tapped the glass with her claw, it tapped back.

Skeptical, Ladora tapped it again, twice in a row. The mist responded with two hard taps of its own. She tried again, and the mist responded. Then she addressed it directly. “If you can hear me, tap three times.”

The mist did, and after a moment of consideration, Ladora tucked the globe into her satchel, and snuck it out under her uncle’s nose.

She began to interrogate the curious mist and worked out a system of communication. Two taps meant yes, three meant no, four meant uncertainty, and a multitude of furious, fast taps meant that the thing didn’t want to answer the question and that she should stop asking right then.

Through an elaborate game of twenty questions, she learned that the thing was:
• A dragon
• A small dragon
• Not dead
• Not a ghost
• Male
• Probably very old
• Not evil (presumably)

Ladora grew to trust the little creature in the globe and named him Vague (for obvious reasons). She even offered to smash the globe, but he began tapping furiously against the side in protest.

She still has the globe, and she still asks him questions. Apparently. Vague doesn’t like to be put on display, but he agreed to meet me once. I asked him questions about magic (which I assume created him), and he immediately began rattling so furiously against the glass that Ladora had to put him away to calm him down.

Apparently, he refuses to answer question about magic. Or family. Or anything useful that we could use to learn about his past.

And I have to wonder what would happen if someone were to smash the globe.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@BlazingSkyDragon [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear August, If banishing her from the Clan doesn’t work, then I only see a few options for you: You can continue living your paranoid life and avoiding Vespa at every turn, or you can banish yourself. If it’s so uncomfortable, perhaps you can pack your things and take off on your own. Of course you could try an extreme form of apology. Maybe if you crank up the drama and go to her in tears, prostrating yourself on the ground in front of her, maybe she’ll feel some pity in her cold, dark heart. Then again, if she refused your offer of shell bribery, I don’t know if there’s any hope left. I hope you can defend yourself against the elements. I hear that the Sea of a Thousand Currents is a hostile place to a lonely dragon. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@BlazingSkyDragon
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear August,

If banishing her from the Clan doesn’t work, then I only see a few options for you:

You can continue living your paranoid life and avoiding Vespa at every turn, or you can banish yourself. If it’s so uncomfortable, perhaps you can pack your things and take off on your own.

Of course you could try an extreme form of apology. Maybe if you crank up the drama and go to her in tears, prostrating yourself on the ground in front of her, maybe she’ll feel some pity in her cold, dark heart.

Then again, if she refused your offer of shell bribery, I don’t know if there’s any hope left.

I hope you can defend yourself against the elements. I hear that the Sea of a Thousand Currents is a hostile place to a lonely dragon.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@Lunistice [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Sea, I’m sorry to hear the the hatchlings are still pestering you. Are they small enough that barriers can keep away? I’m not sure about the structure of your workplace, but could you bar the door? Or, if its under the open air, could you build a fence? I’ve also heard of using realistic-looking toy spiders and snakes to keep hatchlings away. Maybe put some of these around the entrance and wait for their shrieks fo terror. As for myself, nothing much has changed. I have, however, had some news from one of my [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426741&tab=dragon&did=46165599]acquaintances[/url] who travels the continent frequently. Recently, he’s been in the in the Southern Icefield, working on reaching an agreement between the local dragons and the centaur herd who have gotten sick of some increased deforestation. Things have been going fairly well for him, but he did have this exchange with one of the centaur colts. COLT: So, I saw you slipped on the ice back there. FRIEND: Yes, I guess I’m not used to it yet. COLT: You fell pretty hard on your side. FRIEND: Yes? COLT: So, I guess you just gave everyone the… cold shoulder. FRIEND: … FRIEND: I don’t get paid enough for this. Sincerely, Chickweed, Caraway [/quote]
@Lunistice
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Sea,

I’m sorry to hear the the hatchlings are still pestering you. Are they small enough that barriers can keep away? I’m not sure about the structure of your workplace, but could you bar the door? Or, if its under the open air, could you build a fence? I’ve also heard of using realistic-looking toy spiders and snakes to keep hatchlings away. Maybe put some of these around the entrance and wait for their shrieks fo terror.

As for myself, nothing much has changed. I have, however, had some news from one of my acquaintances who travels the continent frequently.

Recently, he’s been in the in the Southern Icefield, working on reaching an agreement between the local dragons and the centaur herd who have gotten sick of some increased deforestation. Things have been going fairly well for him, but he did have this exchange with one of the centaur colts.

COLT: So, I saw you slipped on the ice back there.
FRIEND: Yes, I guess I’m not used to it yet.
COLT: You fell pretty hard on your side.
FRIEND: Yes?
COLT: So, I guess you just gave everyone the… cold shoulder.
FRIEND: …
FRIEND: I don’t get paid enough for this.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@CLeim [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Radnov, So, you can’t focus on studying and you’ve discovered that studying doesn’t do much for you. Have you considered not studying? Maybe that’s the problem. If it does nothing for you, then why continue? However, if you must study, here are a few things that I’ve observed from some of my students do from back in my school teaching days: • Studying out loud, lecturing to themselves as if they they were possessed by a dead poet • Studying while walking or flying • Bribing themselves with treats • Creating a point system • Competing with classmates • Not studying at all, and still acing the test somehow (I never liked those ones.) I hope you find a solution somehow. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@CLeim
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Radnov,

So, you can’t focus on studying and you’ve discovered that studying doesn’t do much for you. Have you considered not studying? Maybe that’s the problem. If it does nothing for you, then why continue?

However, if you must study, here are a few things that I’ve observed from some of my students do from back in my school teaching days:

• Studying out loud, lecturing to themselves as if they they were possessed by a dead poet
• Studying while walking or flying
• Bribing themselves with treats
• Creating a point system
• Competing with classmates
• Not studying at all, and still acing the test somehow (I never liked those ones.)

I hope you find a solution somehow.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
@MettatonsLegs [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/479927/47992663p.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Dante, Ah, so there’s royalty involved in your saga of woe. Come to think of it, it does make sense. It would mean that your brother had something to fight for. But hey, a classical education is always worth something. And come to think of it, our Guardians are scaly monsters in their own right. I suppose if I were as fleshy as the human in the photo you sent me, I would be afraid of them, too. But all things considered, I’m glad that they’re not monsters. That sort of scales disease you mentioned sounds truly chilling, and I’d never want to encounter something like that. And do thank Monty for the tapes if you get the chance. I think I’m really staring to like this stuff. Sincerely, Chickweed, Clan Caraway [/quote]
@MettatonsLegs
47992663p.png
Quote:
Dear Dante,

Ah, so there’s royalty involved in your saga of woe. Come to think of it, it does make sense. It would mean that your brother had something to fight for. But hey, a classical education is always worth something.

And come to think of it, our Guardians are scaly monsters in their own right. I suppose if I were as fleshy as the human in the photo you sent me, I would be afraid of them, too. But all things considered, I’m glad that they’re not monsters. That sort of scales disease you mentioned sounds truly chilling, and I’d never want to encounter something like that.

And do thank Monty for the tapes if you get the chance. I think I’m really staring to like this stuff.

Sincerely,
Chickweed, Clan Caraway
7hN3sEu.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46497317] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/464974/46497317.png[/img] [/url][/center] [quote]Dear Chickweed, The hatchlings stayed away after barriers were put up, one particularly brave one tried to jump over it but ended up catching his fur on top of it instead. I personally haven't had to interact with centaurs all that much but I've heard from others that they're amazing at making products for both dragons and themselves. I believe [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426484&tab=dragon&did=46792562] one of ours [/url] has actually visited them for advice when he was learning how to make things for the clan. As for what the colt said, I guess there's snow place like the icefields for a good pun. Sincerely, Sea[/quote] [i]Attached to the letter is a folded piece of paper, opening it up reveals a small note.[/i] [quote] I was told to deliver a message to Chickweed of Caraway so I'm guessing that's you. All I wanted you to know was that Sea spent at least 30 minutes asking [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=426484&tab=dragon&did=46345813] Moonstone [/url] about snow puns. Have a good day, Delphi [/quote]
Quote:
Dear Chickweed,
The hatchlings stayed away after barriers were put up, one particularly brave one tried to jump over it but ended up catching his fur on top of it instead.

I personally haven't had to interact with centaurs all that much but I've heard from others that they're amazing at making products for both dragons and themselves. I believe one of ours has actually visited them for advice when he was learning how to make things for the clan.

As for what the colt said, I guess there's snow place like the icefields for a good pun.

Sincerely,
Sea

Attached to the letter is a folded piece of paper, opening it up reveals a small note.
Quote:
I was told to deliver a message to Chickweed of Caraway so I'm guessing that's you.
All I wanted you to know was that Sea spent at least 30 minutes asking Moonstone about snow puns.
Have a good day,
Delphi

Taiga
He/Him
+3 FR Time
tumblr_inline_nhxsklEd7y1qcphlu.png jPdGQf9.gif PaI4dmB.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14